Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:28:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 625
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: unsure situation  (Read 2788 times)

Offline cchriss

• Standard
unsure situation
« on: March 30, 2014, 12:31:50 pm »
Hello, I was looking for some input on my situation. The other night I met up with this guy and we're hanging out in his car talking and drinking. Needless to say, I ended up pretty drunk. One thing leads to another and we start messing around. So I'm on my stomach and he gets behind me and start putting his dick near my ass. I'm really cautious about anyone getting close down there w out a condom. So I kept trying to push his dick away from my whole. He was being pretty aggressive. He got really close so I told him to put a condom on If he's going to try to penetrate me, he said he didn't have one. So he keeps being pushy and holding me down. Until I kinda freak out and push him off of me and tell him to stop because he's freaking me out. It freaked me out because I was drunk and now I keep thinking what if he penetrate me. If he did it would have been very very brief, but I keep telling myself that if he did actually penetrate me I would know for sure. I text him today and asked if he did and he says he didn't. Again I don't think he did but I'm freaking out over the possibility that in my drunken state I didn't notice. What do you guys think?  Thank you in advance.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: unsure situation
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:48:21 pm »
Chriss, if he had penetrated it you would have felt it at the time and afterwards as well because your butthole would have been sore. This situation now is about fears and doubts rather than any real evidence that you actually had anal sex.

Actually the biggest red flag in the situation is that you became engaged in sexual play while drinking excessively. That is something you need to avoid in the future. You might also think of carrying up-to-date condoms with you if you are going to be out and about and possibly having sex.

I don't see any need for testing over this incident unless you need the inevitable negative result just for your peace of mind. If so testing is at 6 weeks and then 3 months for a conclusive result. But like I said I don't think you really need to do it.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline cchriss

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »
Hey there, so I took my 6 week test just because. Oraquick in home test. There was not even a faint red line but there was a little almost black dot where the test line would be, right in the middle. The control line was clear, no test line at all. What is your take on that? Thanks.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:21:03 pm »
You never had a risk to test for so its conclusive that you do not have HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline cchriss

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 08:25:25 pm »
Yeah I pretty mucj agree. Still don't feel at ease about it about tho, just because of how drunk I was. Have you ever heard of anything like that before? Just wonderin.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 08:30:03 pm »
Yeah I pretty mucj agree. Still don't feel at ease about it about tho, just because of how drunk I was. Have you ever heard of anything like that before? Just wonderin.

I have never heard of anyone getting HIV that didn't have a risk . If you are uneasy the best and easy thing to do would be to go to a testing center that can read your test for you . Or you could simply accept you did not have a risk and put this behind you .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.