Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:03:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 230
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Kaposi Sarcoma  (Read 8693 times)

Offline north_1983

Kaposi Sarcoma
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:18:20 am »
Hi guys,

And thanks in advance for your time, its truly appreciated.

I'll cut to it. Had unprotected Vaginal sex. Tested at 5 days, 21 days, 6 and 10 weeks using the HIV DUO, final antibody test at 13 weeks. Was given the all clear at ten weeks by the NHS in the UK, continued sexual relations with my wife unprotected.

Basically, I got mumps, right after the deed. Lymph glands up all over. eally panicked. Tested + for the mumps at about 4 weeks. Thank god. (This might tie in)

Past two or three months, Ive had lymph node up behind my left ear, small one in neck too. I keep getting what look like tiny dark red or browny blood blisters on my inner cheek  along with the occasional ulcer.
I tested 13 week neg in Nov- My wife had a large 'uticaria type' reaction late Dec. Kind of responded to antihistimine though. The rash covered her back under arms inner thigh and ribcage. Am I still in the Clear- is all this coincedance? Please helpx

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Is my testing complete
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:56 am »
You can't give your wife a virus you don't have. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story. Whatever is causing her symptoms is not HIV and she should be consulting her doctor to find out the real cause. Ditto with you about your lymph nodes and anything else. Leave your lymph nodes alone. They are very sensitive to touch and you can create a big problem by squeezing them. Have your doctor check them out.

HIV is not your problem. I suspect some lingering guilt about straying is the real issue. Let it go and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline north_1983

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:44:51 am »
Cheers Andy,

I think you're very much correct in assuming guilt is my problem. Every few months it rears its head in the form of severe anxiety. I know I need to let go of this one now!

I've had my lymphs checked out- doctors are happy with them, said they're normal and will probably always be there now. Possibly due to mumps or something I dont know- is that possible? My wifes rash was put down to an allergy (prawns) but you know what us lot are like for jumping to conclusions- Guilt I guess, waiting for punishment for something I did wrong- pre-programmed conformist mechanism apparently. I tested negative with them up aswel dont know if that further confirms your answer?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:28:59 pm »
You're just a dawg and you went straying as many of us have. It's just a part of your history.

Give it up and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline north_1983

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:11:08 pm »
Andy! These little "blood blister"! I never had them prior to exposure. Ive just read kaposi sarcoma and present like this... little red or purple things inside the mouth- from very small to very large. Could they be KS? How fast could KS come on? its 8 months now, but they have been recurring since about 2.5-3months... Im so worried!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:19:13 pm »
I can't diagnose any symptoms here but those blisters certainly aren't KS. Discuss them with your doctor.

You have reliably tested negative for HIV. You are defintely HIV negative. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV. Period. End of story. 
Andy Velez

Offline north_1983

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:48:55 pm »
Hi Andy,

Just to update you. I have developed pysriosis guttea or something!? Pretty much all up my back, inner thighs, belly.

This is absolutley irellevant right? I should not for a moment be lookingat HIV as the cause of this irruption (which has never ever occured before in my short 26 years on this planet). Im getting the impression that really, no matter what, once you cross that 13 week line HIV canno be your problem end of story???  ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:03:48 pm »
That's right. Whatever is going on with you symptomatically at this point has nothing to do  with HIV. You are HIV negative. Period. End of that story. Any problems now are something for you to sort out with your doctor as to the NON-HIV cause.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline north_1983

Kaposi Sarcoma
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 12:11:14 pm »
 ???

Hi guys, I just have a question about KS. How fast could it present? I had a 'low risk'.  Confirmed by doctor tested neg for all stds advised no need to test further. Had a 35 day Hiv Duo. Government GUM discharged me. Id rather not get into what happened its long winded and you'll think its abit silly more than likeley.

Just noticed a string of 1 mm like pin pricks, dark purple underneath the skin on the sole my foot. Ive just taken a pin and plucked all 8 of them out. They were solid tiny masses. Like tiny tiny stones almost I suppose. Very odd!!!

How soon could KS appear- 15 weeks?

Could I pick the legions or whatever out?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Kaposi Sarcoma
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 01:15:22 pm »
North, KS is not something which would be showing up so early after seroconverting.

But then it is not clear that you even had a risk or what you are defining as a "low" risk. Please clarify.

You maybe worrying needlessly and even if you aren't, neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms can  ever tell you accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV-specific test taken at 13 weeks after a risk can confirm negative status reliably.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 01:24:19 pm »
North,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

What you're describing is nothing like KS. If your worried about these purple stone things, talk to your doctor about it.

If you're still worried about what you originally came here about, you tested conclusively hiv negative.

And if it's something new, unless it was unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, you're worrying for nothing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline north_1983

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 01:51:47 pm »
O.k 'risk'- never intended to place myslef in this position.

Went Ibiza on a stag party. First night blanked out, woke up in my bed. Second night, pretty much same occured but work up - underwear in my own bed+ a girls number and name. Text her, she said it was 'protected' 'clear from stds'. I then found her on Facebook and there was two girls in the profile picture. I guessed she might have been the brunette- she wasnt. She was very offended, didnt hear anything back off her. A few days later I got a text from a random mobile phone number, I asked who it was and they said I had spoken to them and given them my mobile number (bare in mind I couldn't walk -probably, so to remember my number?) , I asked who they were and they said Abdul, they said they were from Kenya. I got really upset and rang a few days later, the number was back in the UK- the dial tone had changed from Ibiza, to an English one. I asked multiple questions- day I met them, where I met them all to no avail. They just wanted to let me know they were "Abdul from Kenya"

I got checked by my mum (RN) and Doctor for rape. No signs. They told me Id have been in agony. I have no grounds to think rape. Im just really paranoid. I am sure it was the girl who gave me her number orginally getting her own back on me - getting a freind to text me. Both the dial tones chaneged from an Ibiza to a UK tone on the same day+ its a Uk network

Offline north_1983

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 01:53:47 pm »
So essentially, potentially protected sex (I say potentially because I dont remember it at all, she has no reason to lie, why would she give me her number) And then abit of over imagination on my part, assuming Ive been painlessly bummed without any signs etc and despite docs examination.

What you think guys? :o

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 05:36:04 pm »
So essentially, potentially protected sex (I say potentially because I dont remember it at all, she has no reason to lie, why would she give me her number) And then abit of over imagination on my part, assuming Ive been painlessly bummed without any signs etc and despite docs examination.

What you think guys? :o

Oh dear. It seems you've had quite the trip away. :)

You should never rely on someone else's word when it comes to sexual health. You got shattered and can't remember what you did. Some sheila is assuring you it's ok, the sex was protected and all that.

Get tested. Just because you can't be sure what happened. An HIV test 13 weeks from the date of this boozy adventure. You might also wish to be tested for other STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea. These are much more prevalent and transmissible than HIV.

MtD

Offline north_1983

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 05:46:01 pm »
I have been tested for all those and I had the IV gen test too Matty. All neg at 35 days. I think given that the low to no risk and the 99.98% reliablity I will trust the test then. only 0.001% difference. As you said the other ones much more transmitable and as they + the IV test neg too. . Im going with my doctors advice that there is no firther need for testing (Not saying there is a shorter window, just going off what she said and risk factors etc- you know what I mean?)

I know this seems abit of a contradiction in terms. I dont understand myself sometimes. But just knowing it cant be KS puts things back onto a level keel and appeases my anxiety.
I just get really bad panic attacks sometimes mate. Guess I just wanted to know it couldn't be KS. Despite having faith I occasionally shit myself up and let my irrationality take control

Does that make sense?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 05:50:27 pm »
I have been tested for all those and I had the IV gen test too Matty. All neg at 35 days. I think given that the low to no risk and the 99.98% reliablity I will trust the test then. only 0.001% difference. As you said the other ones much more transmitable and as they + the IV test neg too. . Im going with my doctors advice that there is no firther need for testing (Not saying there is a shorter window, just going off what she said and risk factors etc- you know what I mean?)

I know this seems abit of a contradiction in terms. I dont understand myself sometimes. But just knowing it cant be KS puts things back onto a level keel and appeases my anxiety.
I just get really bad panic attacks sometimes mate. Guess I just wanted to know it couldn't be KS. Despite having faith I occasionally shit myself up and let my irrationality take control

Does that make sense?

Yeah your doctor's advice sounds pretty right. People who are going to seroconvert for HIV do so around the 4-6 week mark. If I were you I'd be comfortable with her recommendation regarding further testing.

Stress and anxiety are problems you need to work on with your doctor or a counselor or some other appropriately qualified person. We are not able to help you with those things.

MtD

Offline north_1983

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 06:11:23 pm »
Cheers Matty, you're a sound lad!

Offline north_1983

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 01:20:14 pm »
Hi guys,

Tested negative at 5 1/2 months, HIV DUO. Suffering really dry skin.. Been making too much cortisol me thinks. Just thought Id update for any ww who might read my thread.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 01:25:26 pm »
The test is considered definitive at 3 months. You are reliably negative.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 03:43:36 pm »
Congrats on that happy result. Now, learn from the past and protect the gift of your HIV negative by always without exception using a condom everytime you have either vaginal or anal intercourse. No exceptions. That way you won't have to go through this again.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.