Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:39:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: herpes on pubic area  (Read 20048 times)

Offline wildmood

herpes on pubic area
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:00:36 pm »
hello

i am sorry for registering the second account, but i cant remember my old one, and in forgotten pqassword option my mail is not recognized.

so here is my story.

i had a protected sex 3 month after the moles from my pubic area were removed - i was told here that iwas at no risk. about 2 months ago i had protected sex with a sex worker. since then i have herpes simplex on pubic area (everytime in the same place). I have been diagnosed with condiloma (sorry for wrong spelling) but not HIV.
But lets go back to herpes - they show up near the palce where i had moles removed and where the top of your underware touches your skin (hope you know what i mean, dont know how to explain it better). i also have burning feeling when piss. however, and i think thats important, herpes and burning feeling during pissing occurs only after i eat very spicy food - especially very spicy fried beef. when i eat it in the morning i will have this feeling in the afternoon. when no spicy food no burning feeling. the food is realy spicy (thai food). can this food be cause of my problems? as i said i had HIV test 3 months after unprotected sex and the test was negative. after that i had protected sex twice - alsou nprotected oral sex, but not for too long. the second time i had protected sex i did not have full erection, i was drunk. but i was making sure all the time that the condom is in place. acne started to show up after second protected intercourse and only when i eat really spicy food. any danger of infection guys? please help.

(sorry again for registering the secon account - hope you wont kick me out)

Offline wildmood

Re: herpes on pubic area
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 12:04:43 pm »
rapidrod you helped me alot the last time, hope can help me out this time. from what i see you change the forum so it looks like everyone had to reregister, right?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 12:06:33 pm »
Yes everyone had to register. You need to see a doctor for your symptoms because HIV is not the cause. You tested conclusively negative.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 12:11:48 pm »
can the burning(itching) feeling caused by spicy food. searched on the net and they say that yes, it can be. however herpes can appear when eating spicy food it happens usually to people with lower immune system - thats what i found. doed it mean that my imune system is affected by hiv? on the other hand i do not see myself getting cold or fever or headaches more often than usual. as i said i live in thailand, it is hot outside, cold inside buildings (aircon) but i am not getting sick because of eat - many people do. so it would indicate that everything is ok. i ama bit confused. thanks rapidrod

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 12:15:41 pm »
Quit searching the internet. No, a depressed immune system does not mean HIV. Go see a doctor if you are having any symptoms.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:17:33 pm by RapidRod »

Offline wildmood

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:17:02 pm »
last question - should i get tested?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:21:13 pm »
For other STDs, if you haven't already yes. You don't need an HIV test though.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 04:52:59 pm »
Wild, you keep bringing up HIV as an issue when it isn't. You have reliably tested negative and from what you have reported of your activities since then, nothing you've done has been unsafe as far as HIV is concerned.

As Rod told you, your other symptoms are something you should be discussing with your doctor instead of guessing about them and worrying yourself.

Be careful to avoid excessive drinking when having sex. It's a dangerous combination and can lead to unsafe stuff. As you're finding out there are other STDs out there besides HIV, so if you're sexually active it's a good idea to have the full panel of STD tests done at least annually, and more frequently if you are having symptoms.

This is not an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline wildmood

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 07:53:54 pm »
Thanks guys. you are really great. I have foundthe paper the doctor gave me when i was tested for HIV. He also tested for VDRL and HBsAg. everything negative. I looks like i have herpes, but i think thats the most common disease so i should not worry too much. i am going to cut on spicy food and will see whatis happening. when it comes to burning feeling, it seems to dissapera after a while, looks like it caused by this bloody spicy stuff. Because have the same feeling when sh...int. thanks again

Offline wildmood

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 05:53:39 am »
i have heard that hiv can cause longer and more severe herpes simplex outbreakes. what is meant be severe outbreaks? i have had an outbreak for last 3 weeks, however there has been no pain, nothing. i am saying 3 weeks, however blisters broke about one week ago, there was no pain, and now my skin in those places is red. does it mean that the outbreak still lasts, or it's over just red skin, and the outbreak is gone. thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 05:57:30 am »
Wildmood,

You might want to get checked out for syphilis. Herpes sores hurt like hell - but syphilis sores do not.

Please see your doctor.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wildmood

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 06:52:26 am »
i was checked for syphilis in march - together with hiv. it was itching a bit, but not real pain. after urinating had some burning feeling, but after cutting on spicy food it went away. so, ann, if it was herpes i would relly feel something, such as pain. thanks a lot, you are guys great.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 06:58:51 am »
one more thing. it started when i sterted exercise more. i come from a cold country and am living in thailand now so i did not use to takea shower in the evening. in my country we take it in the morning. just brush teeth face etc in the evenings. my wife told me that it might have happened because of this. hot weather, more exercices and got some infection. it looked like herpes, but i was also wondering about the location - right under the "rubber" of the underwear - where underwear is tight. so maybe it was the cause. as i said no pain, nothing. a bit of itching, thats it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 12:18:23 pm »
wild,

We cannot diagnose your bumps or sores over the internet. You must go see a doctor to find out what they are.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wildmood

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:10:01 am »
my burning feeling and sores dissapeared after taking antibiotics against...urinary infections.

however have another question, not connected with herpes.

is sex with condoms low risk or no risk? have you ever heard about someone who got infected even though they used condoms?

thanks

P.S i know it has nothing to do with the topic of my post however i am following th instructions not to start multiple posts.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 10:22:05 am »
Well I see you didn't read the "Welcome Thread". Read it and you'll find your answer.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:16 am »
thanks rod.
just missed it somehow. i read it before (long time ago) but as i see now not very carefully.

thanks a lot.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:03 pm »
Wild,

I would suggest you also read through the condom and lube links in my signature line. Correctly used condoms rarely break and when used consistently, have been proven to prevent hiv transmission during anal or vaginal intercourse.

Use condoms for intercourse and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wildmood

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 10:00:13 am »
thanks guys for all your help. however I decided today to have a checkup. I tested negative for HIV.

thanks a lot again. You are really great.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 10:23:44 am »
guys one more question about rapid tests? are they reliable? can we trust those 10 mins tests done in labs?

ok, just read the welcome post. sorryguys for posting before checking the welcome post.

but there is still one think that concerns me. The thing that worries my that maybe there wasn't anything after 10 minutes but showed up after 11? maybe i should have told them to check again after they gave me the hiv neg card - it would be after another 5/10 minutes?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:54:38 am by wildmood »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 11:22:29 am »
Rapid test are very reliable. You didn't need to test to begin with.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 08:09:13 am »
hi guys.

i have read on this forum that rapid tests sometimes give false positive result. what happens more often: false negative or false positive? i had my rapid test done a few weeks ago and now worry that it was false negative.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 08:16:13 am »
I don't believe in false negatives if they exist at all. If you recieve a negative then a positive it would be by not take the antibody test at the correct time.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 08:46:40 am »
With regard to false positives on a standard HIV test, every positive is checked by doing a western blot. A false positive does happen from time to time.

The western blot is a sensitive and very specific test. If you have a positive test result initially and then a negative western blot the latter is considered your result. Western blot trumps the ELISA or other test.

As Rod indicated a false negative may occur if the test is done too early. The CDC recommends testing at 13 weeks after a risky incident for a reliable answer.
Andy Velez

Offline wildmood

new problem
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 08:01:24 am »
the case is different but I did not want to start a new topic.

Here is what happened to me:

Hi,

It's not my first time here, but I need your help again.

I had sex with a sex worked a couple of weeks ago. I gave her oral and then had sex with her - protected.

She put some lubricant on the condom - it felt like oil or something but I do not think it was oil actually as she gave me a blow job (protected) after putting it on condom.

She also gave me unprotected blow job.

I also called another girl after a while and had a protected sex with her.New condom has been put at this stage.  I ejaculated on the girls and took a quick shower after a while.

Now, could I get infected while giving the oral to the girl?

Could the lube(baby oil?) weaken a condom "protection ability"?

I'm really worried as exactly after two weeks I have sore throat and runny nosy + headache. Feels like flu. I disappeared just after 1 day.

Thanks for your help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 08:11:05 am »
No
Had the oil caused a failure of the condom you would have known without a doubt.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 08:14:11 am »
How about the risk from giving and receiving unprotected oral?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:16:13 am by wildmood »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 08:18:28 am »
Go to the top of the page and reread the replies that you were given.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 08:22:13 am »
Wild,

Thank you for your cooperation in returning to your original account. As I said in the other thread, if you have a problems logging on in future, do NOT create a new account. Send an email to forums@aidsmeds.com instead - or you'll end up banned.

Going down on a woman is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Yes, I have personal experience with this. I was with a negative man for eight years. We used condoms for intercourse, but nothing else. He's hiv negative to this day.

Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

You got away ok with using baby oil as lube THIS time, but you might not be so lucky in future. The condom didn't break, so you're ok. Make sure you read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly. Use them consistently as well and you will avoid hiv infection.

I've just re-read your post and I see it was the sex worker who put the lube on. A sex worker will not use oil-based lube on a condom. It just isn't going to happen. She also would not have sucked you if it was baby oil on the condom - yuck! It was most likely a flavoured water-based lube. She put a condom on you to protect HER, not you, so you can be sure she isn't going to use something that would compromise the condom.

As for your symptoms, well, it's cold and flu season. If you continue to feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv as you had NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wildmood

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 09:11:47 am »
Hello again,

I have a question again. I am sorry if it sound stupdi or naive but you have always been of great help :)

So, I had sex with sex worker with condom but...she put the condom on the wrong side. I mean the "roll" was inside instead of outside. She managed to put it on completely, we had pretty short intercourse but I worry that having condom put this way reduces it effectiveness.

Thank you,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 09:36:24 am »
Bet she had a hell of a time unrolling the condom backwards. If it didn't fail you didn't have a risk.

Offline wildmood

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 09:40:36 am »
Yeah it took some time, we actually realized it and I also helped her.

What do you mean but fail? It did not slip I had it on at all times.

Thank you,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 09:41:44 am »
Once again you're worrying needlessly. The important point is that you had a condom on. It did the job. You don't have to worry no matter which side was used.
Andy Velez

Offline wildmood

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 09:45:12 am »
Thank you RapidRod, thank you Andy. You are amazing people. I really appreciate your help as I always have.

Thank you very much,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 10:57:46 am »
You're welcome.  ...and keeping on using a condom everytime will protect you very effectively from HIv transmission. 

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline wildmood

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:04 am »
Hi,

Here I come again :(

The above is my story (the posts) and since then had no intercourse or anything.

But I have now see some changes on my forehead skin. OK, my hair got longer a bit, but it scares me.

Just need some assurance maybe :(

Thanks,

wildmood

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 10:17:25 am »
Feelings aren't facts. Nothing factually has changed for you in relation to HIV risk.

If you are going to get into an anxious state everytime you "notice" something, man, you are going to make yourself nuts.

So if that is what is happening then maybe you need to see a therapist or other such professional and discuss the situation.

This is NOT an HIV situation and you have been coming here long enough to know that.
Andy Velez

Offline wildmood

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 02:46:55 am »
Hello again,

Again need your help :)

Since my last post I have had a few intercourses but all in condom - they were usually short, condoms did not break or anything. But I also had unprotected oral sex - receiving. I have recently read that there is a risk of getting HIV via unprotected oral sex which made me kind of worried.
Is that true? Have there been many cases of HIV transmission when receiving oral sex?

Thanks a lot,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 03:03:09 am »
HIV is not transmitted by oral sex.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 03:47:47 pm »
In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a single confirmed case of transmission to a guy through his having received oral sex. It's safe to say that you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

There's no need for testing for HIV nor for further concern on your part about that incident.
Andy Velez

Offline wildmood

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 07:08:57 am »
thank you Andy and Rapid. How about giving oral sex to a female?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 07:47:36 am »
wild,

Going down on a woman is absolutely not a risk for hiv infection. You've been coming here for over four years now, I would have thought you would have read that here by now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wildmood

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 11:42:22 am »
Wild mood is back again.

Story:
Threesome with another guy and his girlfriend.
She gave a blowjob - deep throat with no condom :( we did it twice. I had sex with her (vagina only) with a condom on all the time. Took the condom off, she gave me a handjob. She had a baby 9months ago so still had some milk. I drank a tiny bit when kissing her breasts.

Cleaned myself with a towel.

We had a second go. Same thing. However, cleaned myself with a towel that the guy might have used before (20/30 minutes before I used it).

This time he came and I was on the opposite side when he came and some of his sperm landed on my leg (I doubt it landed on my penis, very unlikely but what if?)

Above took place on Saturday evening.

Sunday morning: a bit of a sore throat

Monday: met a woman, she gave me unprotected bj a few times. I fingered her as well.

Tuesday: more sick, worse sore throat

Wednesday: sore throat continues, headache and now muscles pain

I did sleep In a very cold room (aircone set to a very low temperature, blowing straight on my head) from Monday to Tuesday.

I got drunk on Monday but did not have unprotected sex, she only gave me a few bj and I gave her oral as well, but no sex. Her cum might have been on bed sheets as she was really wet.

Main concern: the guy came and some sperm landed on me / used the same towel (probably) about 20 minutes after he/she used it.

Thanks again for your help,
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:50:39 am by wildmood »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 03:10:28 pm »
Wild,

You've been coming here for SIX years now and you still don't know a risk from a non-risk? None of the things you are currently worrying about were risks for hiv infection.

Hiv is transmitted through:

Unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Sharing drug injecting equipment.

From mother to child in the womb or during birth.

Unless you were born to an hiv positive mother or have been having unprotected intercourse or sharing drug injecting equipment, then you haven't been at risk. You should know this by now.

The breast milk also did not pose a threat to you. Only tiny babies who rely on breast milk as their sole source of nourishment are at risk from breast milk. I trust you're not a tiny baby.

And get a grip. Hiv cannot be transmitted through towels, nor can it be transmitted by getting some spunk on your leg or penis. Again, you should know this stuff by now. Have you paid a single bit of attention to anything you've read here?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.