Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:12:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 434
Total: 435

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: long term HIV meds takers and flat stomach  (Read 15978 times)

Offline egello

• cb
long term HIV meds takers and flat stomach
« on: October 01, 2007, 05:36:19 am »
are there any people here who's been taking HIV meds for a while, and still maintains flat non barrel looking stomach?
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline Grasshopper

Re: long term HIV meds takers and flat stomach
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:03:06 am »
I have, but not voluntarily. In fact weighing 62kg (lenght 1.78mtr) I am 5 to 6 kg short of my ideal weight.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 06:08:51 am by Grasshopper »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:31:40 am »
Such vanity is a luxury, Mr. Egello.

Just kidding. Have you been doing "X" sit-ups a day without results you'd like?
When I read the title of the post, I thought, "Oh! an oxymoron."
 :-*
Mike

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:17:05 am »
Such vanity is a luxury, Mr. Egello.

Just kidding. Have you been doing "X" sit-ups a day without results you'd like?
When I read the title of the post, I thought, "Oh! an oxymoron."
 :-*
Mike

Hey, I have a bulging gut and a six pack. Comes with the territory.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:36:26 am »
are there any people here who's been taking HIV meds for a while, and still maintains flat non barrel looking stomach?

Frankly, I don't know anyone who is neg and has a flat looking stomach. 

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 10:57:06 am »
Unfortunately I won't be able to help you. In addition to AIDS I have Dunlaps' Disease...my belly done lapped over my pants. I still wear a 32 in a pant, but feel oh so much more comfortable in a 46.

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:58:46 am »

actually, thats kinda true, but i noticed that some hiv poz people i see, no matter how fat-less they are, they have this bulge that come out from their upper part of their stomach, almost competing with their pecs, thus creating that fold line between their stomach and pecs. anyone else noticed this? usually, neg people get belly around their lower stomach...

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 11:01:07 am »
actually, thats kinda true, but i noticed that some hiv poz people i see, no matter how fat-less they are, they have this bulge that come out from their upper part of their stomach, almost competing with their pecs, thus creating that fold line between their stomach and pecs. anyone else noticed this? usually, neg people get belly around their lower stomach...

Yes we have noticed, but thanks for pointing that out to us. Probably just a matter of time before you have one too.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Lipodystrophy_10726.shtml

edited to add link
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:05:42 am by Dachshund »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 11:06:07 am »
I maintained a flat stomach for the first 10 years after my diagnosis.  Perhaps my trick was having a continually elevated viral load of 40,000 for that duration, due to my meds not fully working.  Two bouts of severe wasting also was helpful.  I'd have been a skeleton if not for testosterone therapy, so all in all I looked great except those two depths of wasting.

But still, it was all rather an illusion wasn't it?  I'd not advise attempting to replicate what I did.

I'm also convinced that different med combinations do different things (duh) but I've been on almost all of the ones available so I'm not sure which does what, as the effects are always delayed.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 11:10:08 am »
Yes we have noticed, but thanks for pointing that out to us. Probably just a matter of time before you have one too.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Lipodystrophy_10726.shtml

edited to add link

hey, i wasn't trying to pinch at where it hurts, i am also having a mild case of that as well (after only being on the meds less than a year!), and wondering if anyone in our situation was devoid of that.

Offline ademas

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 11:14:57 am »
I have a friend who I go out with for drinks from time to time.  We always like to guess who's on which cocktail, over cocktails.  

I'm surprised no one has developed a new line of apparel (like FUBU in concept) to compliment our stunning new bodies.

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
yeah i played that by myself now, although i keep thinking what my counselor told me before that there are people walking around on meds for a long time who show no signs whatsoever, but thats kinda hard to believe

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 11:52:49 am »
After 10 yrs on meds, I weight the same 135 lbs that I've weighted since I graduated from high school 27 yrs. ago. My metabolism runs high, and stays fueled with candy, Coke, and nicotine to keep going. I snack throughout the day and struggle to keep at this weight.

I've been as low as 120 lbs; but that was from puking from the meds, and being in the hospital with PCP. Last Christmas, thanks to eating a ton of cookies that my "Ohio" mom pushed on me, I actually got up to 140 lbs.

But before anyone makes any snide comments ;), it's a pain in the ass being this thin. I freeze all winter long and everything I bump into hurts like heck. It'd be nice to have an extra 10 lbs of "padding".

mikie
(who just got a new bicycle and could use some "padding" for his skinny ass!)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 12:36:46 pm »

But before anyone makes any snide comments ;), it's a pain in the ass being this thin. I freeze all winter long and everything I bump into hurts like heck. It'd be nice to have an extra 10 lbs of "padding".

mikie
(who just got a new bicycle and could use some "padding" for his skinny ass!)

I'm at my appropriate weight now, even really 8 lbs over it.  Even so, I still encounter those very same problems because after a decade of lipo I have no fat on my extremities.  I get cold VERY easily in the winter, and yes I seem to bruise easily if I bump hard into something.  It's amazing how one doesn't really consider that layer of thin fat all over your body until you lose it, isn't it?  And let's not even go into the soles of my feet.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 01:01:30 pm »
It's amazing how one doesn't really consider that layer of thin fat all over your body until you lose it, isn't it?

Whenever one of my friends or family start talking about being themselves being "fat" (and sooo many people do want to talk about it rather than do something about it); I go off on my patented tirade of the horrors of being thin. No one seems to believe that thin is bad; but it sure can be. I vividly remember how terrbile I looked, and how much more everything hurt (joints, ribs, elbows, kneess), just losing 10lbs during that bout of being really sick. Because when you don't have enough weight in the first place, you don't have any "reserves" when you do get sick.

I've read about your lipo problems and sure feel for you. ;) I worried about it some, but unfortunately I don't think I have enough fat on me for it "shift" around anywhere. Or maybe it already did and I just didn't notice. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 01:20:29 pm »
LOL @ Doxie....

I noticed at my clinic last week that ALL the gay men present had these huge bellies (me included).   Now what is up with that?

I think maybe it's because I live in a FAT state, and if we didn't have lipo, we'd just be plain old fat, and not just fat in the middle.....

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Dan J.

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 04:03:44 pm »
I may not have a flat stomach but my ass is as flat as a pancake.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 04:11:23 pm »
I may not have a flat stomach but my ass is as flat as a pancake.

ditto... mine's probably even technically concave

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 04:29:31 pm »
In the beginning, I can remember when a slight paunch was a sure fire guarantee of a good date, simply because they didn't look skeletal, and you knew they would probably last a month or two more. 

Now, paunch and loss of butt are just part of your new physiqe, so wear it proudly because you are still here to be able to wear anything.

Just the thoughts that this subject bring up.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 04:49:45 pm »
Unfortunately I won't be able to help you. In addition to AIDS I have Dunlaps' Disease...my belly done lapped over my pants. I still wear a 32 in a pant, but feel oh so much more comfortable in a 46.

bold mine

LOL
And I thought I was the only one whose pants are mislabeled.  ;D

JR
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 06:42:23 pm »
yeah i played that by myself now, although i keep thinking what my counselor told me before that there are people walking around on meds for a long time who show no signs whatsoever, but thats kinda hard to believe

Egello: Yes and No...You're on to something real. Yeah, a high-center of gravitly bloated profile, not the usual lower hanging gut we see on people everywhere we go. My belly has been mishapen since 2.5 years on d4t and 3tc, which occured about 7 years back. Since then (especially since off meds 6 years ago), the Lipo phenomenon has very gradually  decreased maybe 75%. I can build muscle easily. I still buy size 32 pants. It's the pesky third-rate subcutaneous fat that ruins the once-rippley effect. Poor me.

8) -megasept

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 09:57:32 pm »
I can only wish for a flat stomach.  I look about six months pregnant.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline bear60

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:19 pm »
I'd be more concerned about the sexual disfunction????
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 10:01:48 pm »
What sex?! :D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 10:09:27 pm »
As you all know, I just started meds but has a belly. I seem to have gotten mine from having 3 c-sections and also I am 30 pounds over what is suppose to be my ideal weight...5'2=135. Hmm, wonders if that person told me my belly was sexy cause he was trying to get some ass... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline bear60

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 10:11:22 pm »
Betty
In another thread Egello was complaining about not being able to get an erection.
I'll take the tummy over the "lack a wanna"......dont you know.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 10:12:21 pm »
I have a flat stomach but I work to keep it that way.

Offline bear60

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 10:14:45 pm »
Betty
I think I AM six months pregnant!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 10:58:50 pm »
OK, I have a gut - and a six pack on top of it.

Worse, I was weighed today at the doc's office. I gained 8 pounds since July.

EEP!!!

But, everyone says I look healthier than I did last year. My mom, my sister, my best friend, people at AMG 07.

So, I guess I'm stuck with being 176 pounds.

I still have no butt and no fat on my arms or legs.

It does make me wonder where the weight is being stored at?!? My hump isn't that big.

Oh well, pass the jello and cool whip.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 11:18:59 pm »
Betty
I think I AM six months pregnant!

Didn't ya know? I crept over there and impregnated you one night. You called me, Kurt but that was ok, I let him take all the credit.... ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 11:20:34 pm »
OK, I have a gut - and a six pack on top of it.

I too have a gut but prefer to keep my six pack in the fridge.

bry
 ;D
who likes to fill his tummy with cold beer (but only in moderation)

Offline dixieman

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 12:47:45 pm »
I have no fat on my body what so ever... my bubble butt is gone... to have a butt I walk up 25 flight of stairs four times a day... but its all muscle ...I do need a bit of fat to smooth it out... also I have an 8 pack abs... but, my abs are being slowly pushed out do to visceral fat underneath... so I have to camouflage... by build up my chest and shoulders to compensate... I would just like my nice swimmers build back now I look like a human anatomy model... muscle, vascular system, bones all show through the skin... no fat except under a small pooch belly... but, I'm still here... lol

Offline mjmel

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 01:30:25 pm »

Jeromy does, though. He is a god.
 ;D
Mike

Offline slimbimale

• Tested Oct 21 1994 ( A New Life Begins )
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 02:20:14 am »
I have been on meds since dec of 1994 ..back then it was 40 pills a day ..today it's about 6 ..I have kept my flat stomach ..but I stay active..
Let Go and Let GOD

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 08:41:16 pm »
Well, i am not on meds yet and have NEVAH EVAH had a flat stomach.

Not fat here, just a thick person. I am an ectomorph...look it up.

I always dreamed of being some sinewy ripped god, but I remain just thick.

Maybe in the next life I shall return as an Italian Greyhound.

Jeff

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 10:51:56 am »
Ectomorphic is tending toward thinness. Perhaps you meant endomorphic?  Mesomorphic are those people in the middle (where I generally like to be ... but I digress).

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 12:18:39 pm »
Ectomorphic means nothing with this particular issue, nor does exercise.  If you really think so then you don't understand the issue of lipodystrophy/Subcutaneous fat atrophy and/or mitochondrial dysfunction AT ALL. 

Just because you've not gotten this mitochondrial dysfunction does not mean it does not exist for others, and people do a big disservice to others implying it's due to a lack of hours on the treadmill (though I will admit that, depending on body type, there's often some of that MIXED IN with mitochondrial dysfunction issues for many here).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:20:20 pm by philly267 »

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:58 pm »
The only times I've ever had a truly flat stomach was when i was going to the gym 4-6 days per week, the last time being winter/spring 2006 after ten years on meds and some pretty moderate/severe lipoatrophy in my face/arm/legs/ass.

What did it for me was a hateful diet imposed on me in 2001 when I started Kaletra and my cholesterol jumped from 150 to 525 in fewer than four weeks. The no-fat/no-cholesterol/no-kidding diet caused me to lose about 30 pounds, changed my appearance forever but saved me from what's called a Crixbelly.

I weigh 155 and am 5'6" tall, have a 41" chest and a 28" waist. When I was in my early 20s I weighed 20 pounds less, had bigger thighs and ass but no chest to speak of and much thinner arms. My body's changed a lot over the last three decades but overall am grateful to still have what I've got.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 04:03:20 am »
I work out a lot but still don't have a flat stomach. I did when I was in my twenties, but I was also skinny. At my age now I think flat stomachs are overrated. But then again I'm probably just jealous of those that have them  :D

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 05:47:04 am »
I do, but I don't think I'm a really good comparison for a number of reasons one being that I'm 17 and I've always been sorta on the small side. At least I can blame my biology.  ;D. And I've been on meds for nearly but less than 3 years.

I don't know what my weight is right now, but it's actually higher than what I used to be for years. However, I seem to always gain weight in my face and hips and thighs but never my stomach. That's starting to change now. I've lost a bit of weight the past 4 months or so and since being on testosterone (yay for being a tranny), I no longer really have much fat on my hips OR my stomach (and god, I never realized how bony my hips were), and my face is starting to thin out. I used to weigh close to 100lbs and I still had squishy cheeks and scrawny stick-arms. Gah, estrogen.

I don't have an ass to speak of though. At all. I didn't even really have one before I started T, but now it's just totally nonexistant. I thought I'd be glad for that but all of my jeans hang on my body funny and I think it looks awful. I used to be able to wear like 28/30 in jeans, for a while I was 32/30 when my body decided it wanted to gain ALL of my weight on my hips, and now I'm 30/30 and I don't know if I can really hope to get into anything smaller than that. I hate you, boney hips. I could probably weight next to nothing and still have 30 inch hips (hooray, once again, to being a tranny boy). It doesn't sound like much to most people but structurally I'm built rather small, so it doesn't look right on an otherwise male-proportioned body.

My arms are still kinda unpleasantly scrawny. I really like my legs now though. =D.

And I'm done. Haha.

Oh, and I think I may be 5'6" now. Like a year or so ago I was told I was 5'5" 1/2, so I'm hoping I've at least grown a half-inch.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:50:37 am by Mouse »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 06:17:05 am »
I'm getting myself an ab-lounger and working the hell out of my stomach this winter. I may not get my wash-board stomach back but I certainly won't have the look that I'm sporting these days. I am over it!
 >:( .
I want my hair back too!
xxx,
Mike

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:00 pm »
I was on the dreaded d4T from 2002 to 2005.  I remember that song from the 80s, "Baby Got Back." Well, my "back" has since moved to my front, lol.   :D  No more bubble butt that my grandmother always said would drive the boys crazy, but hey the  kangaroo pouch and the "girls" are doing OK.  I just try not to find my ass anymore!

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 02:31:01 pm »
I was on the dreaded d4T from 2002 to 2005
~ Cindy

Yep, Cindy. D4T put fat on and took fat off in very strange ways. I did have a flat or ripped stomach until 43 years of age, and it changed in less than one month. Now, I have a small waist, no gut, and a total barrel abdomen which sticks out in profile beyond my (built) chest.

Once and for all, Lipo cannot be explained away (denied) by general aging, laziness, poor diet, lack of exercise, etc. A fat neck and paunch (gut) would be signs of obesity. I have a muscular neck and slim waist, and always have, despite the clearly evident Lipo. I have been in shape all my adult life.

Yesterday I started taking Metformin (designed for "pre-diabetes") to see what good it might do with my remaining Lipo symptoms (the fat, not the skinnies). I'll let you all know in 30-90 days. Don't take this drug if you are worried about your kidneys. I believe it works with the pancreas.

8)  -megasept

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 03:12:29 pm »
Mini is just all skin and bones.  She's sliding off on the growth chart, too.  PID says kids need fat to grow and she doesn't have any.  She's been on meds for over 7yrs and her current regiment for almost 6yrs (in Feb. 08).  Every once in a while she gets a little pooch, but her arms, legs, and especially her face are very skeletol.  Since coming to this site and reading about lypodystrophy and lypoatrophy then going back and looking at the pictures, I believe her issues started with her current regiment.  She used to have a nice round baby-fat face...but no more.  She falls a lot, too, which scares me that she may break something.  She weighed in Monday at 46lbs.

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.