Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:55:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 237
Total: 238

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XXIII - May the luck of the Irish enfold you.  (Read 53643 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Dating Thread Part XXIII - May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:46:36 pm »
Betty - I'm ok. The pills where purely for the heck of it. I wasn't in anymore pain than usual.
I think I might have caught your drift. Its a pain in the ass that when you enjoy something sometimes that click in your head turns something pleasurable into something possibly destructive. <Not sure if that made since to anyone but me>
I don't really have any addictive problems. But so many important people in my life have and I've attended soooo many NA and AA meetings with my gal pal that I know alot of the junk that goes with the life. I haven't been to any 12 step stuff in nearly 17 years but I'd be willing to beat its the same ole stuff it was then.
My problems in my life have been social and with self esteem and men.

Viv - I find the animations I like online and save them into my computer. Then I upload them to a site called Photobucket.com.
Then I copy a code for the image and paste it into my message.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 02:04:23 pm »
My problems in my life have been social and with self esteem and men.

Mine too!  I seem to be attracted to men with no communication skills whatsoever. Zip. Zero. Zilch. I'm working on it though  ;D Slowly but surely!

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:23:22 pm »
Just checking in briefly. I really haven't had much to say the past few days and I think I am going into a funk again but not to the point that I am ready to check myself into the hospital. Just a bit disgusted is all. Yeah, we got hit with major snow and I wasn't able to get my nails done.

I have been doing a lot of sleeping simply because there isn't anything else to do. I did catch The Wire last night. I wasn't too thrilled with parts of it but other parts were ok. I don't want to give anything away since Betty hasn't seen it yet.

Snow, I wanted to change my screen name because when I first took it on, I felt that I was damned because of this virus, I don't feel that way anymore. Plus, I wanted to change it to something that I guess fitted me more?

I just wanted to let you know that I am ok, well, as ok as I can be. Nothing else I feel like reporting.... :-\
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
Afternoon ladies:

Queen, I'm a bit worried about you.  If you ever feel the need to talk, pm me your number (NO, I'm not a lunatic) and I can call you.  I do hope something breaks for you soon.  Hang tough, girl, hang tough.

Wendy, I love your picture.  You're really strikingly beautiful (that's not a flirt, just a fact).  I had problems for years with self esteem which in turn magnified problems with men; ya know, low self esteem, constantly picking bad men.  I don't know what finally broke for the self esteem part for me.  I think it's just being old and jaded actually.  Too many bad memories, not in a hurry to create anymore.

Yeah, I think you two ladies (Wendy and Snow) may have caught what I'm talking about.  This weekend things got a little out of control, on my part.  I kind of slipped back into old behavior with someone and got an extremely big high off of it-I'm not talking the alright high, I'm talking a high like one gets when heroin first hits the system (only it wasn't heroin).  Then after it was over, I felt a tremendous 'down' and only wanted more and more of it.  Of course, the other person couldn't deliver and I found myself a bit angry.  Of course, this could be nothing.  But I do know I need to keep an eye on it, for my own sanity. 

Other than that, nothing else to report.  I went to the drugstore and got some Alka-Seltzer cold medicine for my sinus/chest congestion I've had since the day after the convention.  I hope it takes care of it.  I'm going to see my doc tomorrow about going off the Kaletra.  I don't know why he put me on that in the first place, the problems I have with diabetes w/o it being blown to bits by the Kaletra.  I mean, I ate nothing this morning, ate 1/2 cup of chicken noodle soup for lunch, and two hours later my sugar was 329!  This has been going on for a month too long.  So I figured it's time I do something about it.  I'll check in later.  Have a good one ladies-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 04:16:56 pm »
Betty---

Thanks for offering to hear me bitch and moan. I do enough of that here and I am sure you don't want to hear it by phone. Most say talking about it helps but it is really not helping me at all. I am kind of in a catch 22 situation that I am not going to get into. Let's just say something fell into my lap that could help me but if I did this certain thing, it could land me in trouble. Others have done something similar and gotten away with it but not sure if I could live with myself if I got away with it. But if I did get away with it, it would help me tremendously.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 06:26:02 pm »
Queen, I would talk to you any day.  I trust you will use your best judgement.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »
I mean, I ate nothing this morning, ate 1/2 cup of chicken noodle soup for lunch, and two hours later my sugar was 329!  This has been going on for a month too long.  So I figured it's time I do something about it. 

Jeez louise. 329 with just chicken soup?  I took my blood sugar yesterday just to humor the old guy I take care of it was 149 and I had eaten a big bowl of frosted flakes and 2 cans of mountain dew.

Yeah I'd say its time to get those numbers back to a normal range 329 is thru the roof. Good luck hun and thanks for the compliment.

Snow my problem with men has been that I tend to link my happiness to getting attention from men. Its not so much a problem anymore but I do slip back into the behavior on occasion.
Self esteem issues comes from years of abuse by peers. From the time I started school not a day went by where someone didn't call me ugly. After years of that you start to believe it. I know logically it is not true but sometimes looking in the mirror you still see the ugly girl looking back at you.
I didn't really have friends in school. I've had two girlfriends. I've known quite a few girls but they weren't really friends and boys didn't pay any attention to me because I didn't have a womanly figure like my girlfriend. I was tall, lanky and flat chested.
Years of being threatened and treated poorly at school made me feel isolated and more comfortable alone.
Girls in general scare the hell out of me. Though I tend to get along with everyone. In general I'm more comfortable with women who are less frilly, more down to earth and have strong character.

Okie dokie I've spilled enough for now....

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 07:23:37 pm »
Hi Ladies had a post and then lost it I will try again.

Sunseeker
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:30:18 pm by sunseeker »

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 07:26:06 pm »
Hi Ladies

Winn I love the new picture.  I saw Christy's and Drag's pictures, there are a lot of beautiful ladies on this forum.  Maybe the guys or girls on the dating part of this site should search for us here.  There are plenty to choose from.  I was bummed that I missed the other pictures that were posted only for a short time.  Well, I had my third date with Whitey yesterday and it went fine.  Still not the same sparks like there was with the Latin Lover.  By the way today will be a month since I have talked with him.  But any ways Whitey brought me flowers again, Tulips which was so nice.  We just went to dinner, ice cream and came back to my house and watched American Gangster and We Own The Night.  They were both good movies.   Conversations was good at dinner and we snuggled a little bit on the couch, that was nice and held hands while watching the movie.  Still just not sure about him.  My roommate came home and watched a little bit of the movie with us, which was fine with me since we were in the living room.  So when Whitey left I walked him out to his car and he tried to open mouth kiss me, and I kind of backed off and just kissed him on the lips and hugged him for a little bit.  He asked if I would like to go out again and I said that I would like to.  So I asked my roommate what he thought of him and he said he is so different than the Latin Lover and there is something just off with Whitey and he cannot put his finger on it.  I agreed since I have the same feeling.  I don't think that its because he is a jerk or a looser but maybe just being over cautious since he has been cheated on before.  Not sure yet what it is and that is why I have not disclosed anything to him.

Queen-  I hope that you get out of your funk soon and if you need anything or need to talk I would be happy to give you my number and you can even call me collect.  I know that we have never met but feel like all of you ladies are my friends and I don't like to see my friends hurting.  We are here for you and care about you. 

Betty- I hope that you feel better.  I have to ask where do you find all of those pictures that you post.  I love them.

Snow and Moon- I hope you guys are doing well and look forward to catching up with you soon.

Winn-  I could not agree more with you. I am still trying to link my happiness to men Even though I am 34 I still find myself needing attention from men to feel worthy.  I know that I am getting better, but I still need to work on it.

Talk to you guys soon.

PS Sorry about the above post I was trying to insert a quote from Winn and it did not work out to well.

Sun

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:28:59 pm by sunseeker »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 07:31:36 pm »
Winn I love the new picture.  I saw Christy's and Drag's pictures, there are a lot of beautiful ladies on this forum.  Maybe the guys or girls on the dating part of this site should search for us here.  There are plenty to choose from. 

Taken! I got a live in sweetie.

Modified: Photo deleted
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:45:05 am by Winiroo »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 07:34:34 pm »
Queen, I would talk to you any day.  I trust you will use your best judgement.

I know what my best judgement is telling me but NEED is weighing more heavily to me at the moment. And notice I say NEED and not WANT. Sometimes I just wonder how people get away with doing grimy things. This is the second time something like this has happened to me. I keep wondering why it is happening to me? I feel like I am being tested by karma or something. Shit, if karma wanted to lend a hand, she could help me win the lottery instead of tempting me. This situation is really driving me nuts.

Sun--- I appreciate the offer of letting me bend your ear but talking at this point is not going to help my situation. I have tried talking to who I am suppose to and it is not getting me anywhere which is why I feel like I am going into a funk again. Now I am in a fucked up situation and not sure what to do. I notice when I feel frustrated and my back is against the wall is when I feel helpless. And in this case, I feel really helpless. I know I am probably confusing you all because I can't go into detail about certain things. I apologize for that. I am just trying not to do another disappearing act or hospital stay. Believe it or not, my mind is not even on dating anyone at the moment. Now if I can post this, it would be nice...*LOL* Every time I hit the post button someone else posts and I end up writing more...

Well, wrestling is coming on early tonight so I guess I will check back in afterwards.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 07:44:30 pm »
Ok, I hate to ask but can somebody give me a diabetic lesson.  You want your sugars # to be low, right?  I don't understand why candy or sugar has to be on hand, doesn' t that make it worse.  I used to work with women that ate a ton of sugar?  But I am not so sure she was taking good care of herself.  My sons father just got diagnosed with diabetes and he blew up to twice his normal size. I guess everyone is affected differently just like everyone else.  I hope you are feeling better, Betty.  I can't believe that is all you ate and didn't pass out. I like to use Alka-seltzer for colds too.  I think it is really good that you even recognized what you were feeling this weekend so quickly and are aware of what happened so that you can avoid that situation again or tone it down next time.
Win- I am totally with you with the girlfriend thing.  I have one girlfriend that I used to work with and one I went to high school with that I rarely talk to.  I hated high school with a passion and didn't really belong to any group but I knew someone in each click. I was an only child and always closer to my Dad.  My self esteem was all messed up when I met my sons father because my parents had gotten divorced when i was like 20/21 and my father thought it would be easier for my mother if he stopped talking to me too. I had never met or dealt with anyone as manipulative or abusive as him and had no one to help me get out of the situation. I had just started dating when I was 18 so I brought new meaning to be niave  :-\  It turns out the guy I am with now is totally like my Dad, which is a whole other story ???
Queen- Have you heard anything back about if you can change your name?  That would be good if you could.  I hope you are feeling better, try not to let the weather or anything else get you down, spring is just around the corner and you can break out your dukes or poom, pooms, as we call them.

I have to help with homework, I 'll be back :)
Snow

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 07:54:20 pm »
Damn Winn- Your "Honey" looks like a HOTTIE, with a Capital "H".  Very cute picture. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 08:29:06 pm »
Snow---

No, I haven't heard anything back but I was hoping Ann would be reading the threads. I will drop her a PM and ask. I am trying so hard to not get frustrated. That is why I am making myself hang around here a bit today even though I am in a bit of a mood. I may go eat and play my game while watching wrestling. My heart just feels really heavy about now or maybe that is the Sustiva exaggerating things. Hopefully, I can just ride it out.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 08:31:50 pm »
Damn Winn- Your "Honey" looks like a HOTTIE, with a Capital "H".  Very cute picture. 

LOL thanks. In his youth he looked like alot like Luke Skywalker. LOL

Hope you get feeling better soon Queen!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 08:41:47 pm »
Win- Your hubby is handsome, you guys make a cute couple!

Queen-  I hope you can ride it out.  It sounds like you know what you need to do, just follow your gut instinct.  I know you feel like your back is against the wall but (if I am reading between the lines right) don't go there, it will all work out in the end and you will come out on top.

Snow

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 10:11:52 pm »
Win (the "Twin" with that current avatar)~ Your man is quite the looker, but more the Han Solo type rather than Luke Skywalker IMO.  :D

Queen~  I think of your name as royalty, as a leader in these threads, we all do.  I can understand if you want to change your name, but I will have a mini-identity crisis.  Just for a short while though.  I'll be on IM this weekend if you want to gab about whatever your dilemma is.  I've helped you through a few before, maybe I can give you some perspective?   :-*

Diabetes is a BALANCING act which makes it a pain in the ass.  If you take too much insulin, your sugar drops too LOW, which is why you'll see us gobbling down chocolate or gulping down OJ at times.  When our sugar goes too HIGH, we are parched, thirsty, irritable, sometimes feel hot and prickly, itchy and did I say DOWNRIGHT THIRSTY and HAVING TO PEE BADLY!  LOL

BT, was it you who ate the soup and were at 329?  You could fast all day honey and have raging high blood sugars.  A normal body knows how much insulin to pump out.  If you eat a big slice of bday cake or down two Mt Dews like Win, your body can BALANCE it naturally.  If you eat celery and drink water all day, a body normally knows not to pump as much insulin, but.....

For us lucky bitches who don't produce insulin effectively, WE have to do the balancing act ourselves, hence the finger pricks and measuring of insulin.  Yes, even when you don't eat, a diabetics sugar level can be very high.  Your body still needs that insulin shot (or pills) to keep it in check.

OK, my former employer says that I can't pro rate my COBRA insurance?  I only need COBRA for the first 4 days of March.  They say I have to pay for the entire month?!?!?!  Now why would I choose to pay (or in this case, have MADAP pay) $450 for the entire month of March when my new employers insurance kicked in for less $$$ on March 5th?

Don't make me go up to Pennsylvania and kick that bitches ass in my old department.  I thought I promptly burned that bridge a year ago when I walked out without giving notice. 

My prob is how am I going to get MADAP to cover an entire month of old insurance/COBRA when I already have new insurance?  Let the games begin.

I am going to bed.   :P

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:27 pm »
Win (the "Twin" with that current avatar)~ Your man is quite the looker, but more the Han Solo type rather than Luke Skywalker IMO.  :D

Love your new picture Cindy!

I am a gemini LOL

I'll have to scan one of my sweethearts pictures from the late 70's early 80's. I swear he could be Mark Hamill's brother.
I'll do that soon...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 10:39:28 pm »
I know I like The Green but there is no Irish in my tree. Maybe that's why I don't have any damn luck!!!! Ok say it with me (maybe Ann will see it even though I PMed her) out with Akasha and in with Tokelove!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 10:41:22 pm »
Thanks, Win!  :)

Was it in the movie Animal House that they chanted "Toga!  Toga!  Toga!?"

How about "Tokelove!  Tokelove!  Tokelove!"

;D  Sometimes I just crack myself up.  LOL  :D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 11:26:04 pm »
Moon-LOL..I thought the same thing when I read her (Tokeloves) post.  Good Luck with all that Cobra crap.  What a pain in the ass!  I like your new pic too, you and I , have almost the same haircut.  I have been thinking of getting some layers cuz I need a change.  Thank you for the explanation on the diabetes.

Sun- I don't think I have to tell you but follow your gut.  Maybe it is because he had been cheated on but you haven't asked him to marry you yet....have you?   ;)

I hope everyone has a good night!
Snow

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 05:41:20 am »
hi gals

so many posts here I have to start skimming a bit, so sorry if I missed something (which I prob have).

Win, Cin - great pics!!! and Win your guy is definately adorable, lipo or not. I have met some guys with lipo that didn't look bad on them, in fact some guys (including my dad) have lipo-like features without having HIV or being on meds at all.

I intentionally put up an unclear photo, I wouldn't dare to put a portriat like you guys. Not yet anyway.

its late & i should be working but woke up late, missed a Dutch class I have weekly, the house is a mess, dishes everywhere, wearing a robe, you get my drift...

Queen, hang in there. I think I know what you are talking about and I would caution you against that. Maybe you feel depressed b/c you think there are no other options. Maybe you feel depressed cos of the sustiva (I certainly did), or b/c of how the weed mixes with it or b/c of the weed itself. sometimes we have to change just one thing to get in the motion of feeling better.

Sun, keep listening to your gut. I trust that as a police officer you can sniff out people better than most. Latin Lover may not have been a good safe romantic choice but he was not dangerous, so do what your gut tells you.

Well I wont attempt to dish anymore advice, sounds so presumpteous when I do  ;D like, what the F do I know anyway... but yeah I say it as I feel it.

I'd like to have more GFs, I have lost so many connections becoming more secluded, I always was but the bug made it worse.

Off to start the day, hugs to everyone

Oh yeah I know this isnt much of a problem but its bothering me, I should go somewhere (other country) for work at the end of the month, for 10 days, but I really dont feel like it, I mean I feel like it in terms of what i'd learn there, but not in terms of being away, sleeping in a hotel (a very cheap one) and constantly socializing. It could be good, but could be a pain. So I'm debating if to confirm the whole thing, which I have to very soon, or just let it go... its bothering me, I hate being on the fence like this - guess that's what youre feeling Queen, should I or shouldn't I...

Edited to add: Betty, I am not sure I understood, but you didn't really get high did you? I am sure you didnt, just want to confirm. It's just an emotional high right? Is that bad? Actually you should be here already, early bird that you are. Hope all's OK

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:58:48 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 06:36:05 am »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 06:48:42 am »
Good morning ladies:

Drag, no I did not get high (with drugs/booze).  I'm not exactly talking about an emotional high.  It's an actual physical high, just not from drugs.  It's from sex (there I said it).  I'm not talking about the serene feeling from having an orgasm.  I'm talking about feeling like I've just shot some good smack into the vein, that kind of a rush.  It probably sounds like I must be making this up.  I'm not.  Sex was always part of my addiction I suppose.  I'm just going to try to keep a watch on it.  

Queen, I was going to put yesterday, I'm almost 100% sure I know exactly what you're talking about, but I didn't want to sound presumptuous.  But since some ladies have already said it, let me chime in.  I can't say I know for sure what you're talking about, but given your past postings and our shared dilemma (money), I think I know what it is.  I never tell someone exactly what to do one way or the other, as I believe in people making their own choices.  You just watch yourself, girl.  A possible temporary fix is not worth what could turn into years of trouble.  

Cin, until I started on the Kaletra, my sugars never got that high from eating 1/2 c of chicken noodle soup.  Once I started the Kaletra, it didn't matter what it was I ate, they always skyrockted to over 300-over 500.  It has a warning on the side of Kaletra concerning blood sugar.  And I've been on it a month; given it enough time to straighten out.    Anyway, sorry about your insurance coverage.  Things will work out, I just have a feeling.

Sun, Good luck with the man situation.

Today I'm going to my doctor's.  I'm going to talk to him about going off the Kaletra.  I realize I don't have a lot of options HIV med wise, so maybe he will be willing to prescribe one of the new ones.  I'm also going to talk to him about a heart med that won't cause my BP to crash.  And about this damn cold I've had for over a week..........  I got some Alka-Selzter cold medicine yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Yeah, I know, if I quit smoking, it would clear up a lot faster.  I've heard about some nasty virus going around that some people hang onto for a long time.  I just feel like staying in bed.  

Other than that, class tonight, possibly.  If I feel the way I do now and the way I did last night, I will not be going to class.  I wish I would have just dropped both classes.  I'm so over this.  I'll check back in later ladies.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 07:18:54 am »
dammit I lost what I wrote. BT, hope you regain serenity soon, if you need too... if I start posting about sex it wont end so Ill keep it for later. thz for the article Ann, read it shortly.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Paulette

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:48 am »
Good Morning Ladies

Man i barely can keep up with all your post. I hope everyone is doing okay!
Win - Beautiful picture.
Cin-Beautiful picture.
Not much going on, started working on my tan for the spring. Added highlights to my hair. Not quite sure if I'm going to keep them, Maybe later i post a new picture to see what everyone thinks.
I'm hafe Irish so maybe I'll be real luckie this month.   Things are going okay.  Still missing my husband, i guess i will for a while.  But I'm at peace with his passing, at least that's what I'm telling myself.  It works for the most part.  The girls are doing good, busy with softball pratice, first game is the Saturday for the 2 younger and the oldest plays on sunday.  We have a big egg hunt on Saturday at our church. Trying to rest up for all the Easter activities coming my way.  Business is okay, i got a couple of new guys, they are working out okay for now. Not much else going on.  I'll write more later, I hope everyone is having a good day.
Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 09:33:40 am »
Hey ladies..hows everyone??
Betty_ try thera-flu warming liquid..i told a couple of the ladies here about it before..it really works well...i hate them damn parasite colds....

Queen: Gut instinct....

Wini: That baby is too cute!!!..i love them when they are that little...and i love ur avatar pic as well..Damn we somefine azz Chicks!!!
Cin: your just darling! So charming..even withough actually knowing u..i can tell..
Paulette: good to hear from you again (i know u responded to the peircing comment)..i love soft ball, I hope my kids like sports ..well i know my son does...im trying to get my teenager to join the track team..but she says she doesnt want to look manly..im like girl u have long legs and the perfect runners body already...i tried to explain to her she can get scholarships into colleges and all..but that is one unmotivated child...eye yi yi!
I am goin to get my baby into dance this year...if she cooperates..if she likes she will...She turned 4 yesterday and turned red lobster out..lol
Nothing much goin on..me n bf still good..i kinda wanna get through this first year already (july)..in hope of less drama with baby mama..but that remains to be seen....OH AND BABY DADDY DIDNT EVEN CALL YESTERDAY TO WISH HIS ONLY DAUGHTER HAPPY B'DAY....What an ASS!!!!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 11:40:44 am »
Wish- My mother got my older hip hop dance classes for X-mas and when my 4 yr old daughter went she wanted to join too.  She was all excited the first 2 times, she got her tap shoes , ballet shoes and some outfits and has not moved a muscle the last 2 times we went.  She will dance her ass off around the house but in dance class...statue.  :-[  I'm jealous you have a Red Lobster near you, the closest one around here is in CT.  Her father not calling reminds me of what my sons father did 2 years ago when my son was 7.  My son was born in Aug., it was Jan and his father called and I thought he said he wanted to wish my son Happy Birthday.  I was like he was born in Aug not Jan, he was like " No, its my birthday and I wanted to see why he didn't call me"  WTF?  How many 7 year old boys do you know that remember other peoples birthdays.  Jerks.  They are selfish jerks.

Betty- I hope your doc can straighten things out for you today.

Paulette- Good to hear from you, glad things are going well.

Hi Drag- I like your pic, I see there are a lot of dog lovers too :)  What kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking? Sometimes you have to be in the right frame of mind to go to work all day and then socialize at night with all the same people, I guess your lucky you have the option not to go if you want.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Snow

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 11:52:29 am »
Hi Snow

It was a course on something but I just had the hotel contact me for my credit card b/c someone else wanted the room and I told them no... i feel a bit disappointed in myself but I am just not as mobile and flexible as I used to be. I didnt cancel the course yet, I have till Sat to do that but I doubt I will find another decent hotel, though you never know. Im just not thrilled and I know I should be but I am not as tough as I used to be about meeting new people and mingling and all that.

I won't go into details but I do academic work - dead boring and lonely but also really flexible, today I didnt go to the office at all for example and no one knows or cares... but I constantly feel i should be upgrading myself by taking advantages of opportunities like this one - which I rarely do - b/c its a very competetive field and I am so not the competetive type, me and the BF are X-gen slackers who refused so far to grow up and stumbled upon this type of life and I doubt we are suited to it but it just kind of happened, like everything else... I didnt use to work academically but it just kind of happened after I was working in all kinds of odd jobs for a while and working abroad for a couple years.

I need a mom to motivate and push me too... Wishful, Snow, hope your kids start enjoying dancing, its amazing how we regret not learning all those things afterwards, I know I do b/c i had a talents and didnt pursue them when I could.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 01:26:44 pm »
I got a call around 10:00 this morning.  One of my closest and most loyal friends was found dead of a heroin overdose this morning at 8:30.  I met him in N.A. when he came in 15 years ago.  He was probably about 18, lost, lonely, tore up.  We instantly took to being good friends.  Even though I've fucked up a few times, Jason's recovery was never in question.  And we stayed loyal to each other (friendship wise) which is so rare nowadays.  During my darkest hours, his face was always there to guide me back to the light.  I helped him through a rough break-up of a marriage, and he helped me during the break-up of my second marriage, and subsequent failed relationships.  Many, many other things we shouldered each other through.

I'm going to miss him terribly.  I'm totally grief-stricken right now.  I'm more enraged than anything.  So pissed at the addiction.  Why people like Jason are taken out and people like my ex are allowed to live, I'll never understand.  I know sadness is under the anger, as anger is always a secondary emotion. 

I have to go to my doctor's in a couple minutes.  I also have class tonight, but I'm only staying for 1/2 of it, as Jason's mother is having a small get-together later.  All of our close knit friends will be there.  This is a very sad time.  And it's an extreme rarity for me, but I think I'm going to cry.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 01:47:15 pm »
I'm sorry you lost your friend to his addiction.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 01:47:28 pm »
Betty im so sorry for your lost..if it aint one thing..... :( :( :(
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 01:47:57 pm »
I'm so sorry Betty.

Sending you a big hug. Nothing wrong with crying. Life aint fair that for sure. My heart is with you.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 02:25:36 pm »
I am sorry for the loss of your friend too.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 02:57:21 pm »
Good afternoon Ladies..

Just checking in. I have been busy with midterms and at school. It is a beautiful down in MS, today. the sun is shining and we donut need jackets.

Betty- I'm sorry for the lost of your friends. My condolences to you and the family.

Snow and Wish - I hope your children have a wonderful time

Wish- some daddies can just be an ASS. My niece daddy can do everything for someone elses child but he can't do for his own. Now that pisses me off.

Queen- Everythings going to be alright. IN the words of Sir Charles ( a blues singer from Mississippi) baby just hang on and pray.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:02:28 am by keepingfaith »

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 03:01:45 pm »
Betty,

Sorry you lost  .  .  .

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 04:44:40 pm »
Betty- I am so sorry to hear you lost your friend.
Snow

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40:09 pm »
Evening ladies,
  I got back from Jason's mother's about 1/2 hour ago.  It was alright except for his bitch of an ex-wife who showed up all strung out.  She was promptly removed by a couple people in the group (bikers).  Jason's mum has a lot of work to do in the next couple days.  So hard when there's no time for planning.  What else can I say, life goes on; if Jason was tore up, he's at peace now. 

I also went to my doctor's today.  He's not going to take me off the Kaletra.  He's jacking up my diabetes meds.  Increasing the Glucophage from 500mgs 2 x a day to 1000 mgs 2 x a day and my long-acting Insulin (Lantus) from 20 units to 30 units in the evening.  He told me to get my labs done as soon as possible to see if the Kaletra is doing anything.  So hopefully by this time next week, I'll know something.  I always have the lab send me copies of everything.  I hate waiting. 

Other than that ladies, not much else going on.  I hope everyone's having a good evening. 

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 01:31:52 am »
Betty,

I am sorry for your loss.  If you need anything, or need to talk feel free to IM or send me an email.  My prayers are with you and your friends family. 

Hugs to you

Sun

tendai

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 03:48:36 am »
Betty i'm so sorry about your friend
Hugs

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 05:49:46 am »
Morning ladies, well, as usual, I'm up way too early and still very tired.  I'll probably go back to bed in a little while.  At least for an hour or two.

Thanks ladies, for all the well-wishes concerning the loss of my friend.  What happened just makes me feel that much stronger about people taking responsibility for their own lives.  No matter how hard I tried, I can't come up with an excuse for Jason.  I love the guy dearly; he made his choice.  I know that relapse is the nature of the disease of addiction, but we know the gamble we take when we roll the dice.  I guess I've moved from being filled with grief to being really angry.  I wish Jason would have reached out.  Damn him. 

I really don't have much else to say right now.  I'm going to check out a few more threads and lay back down.  Have a good morning ladies-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 06:13:49 am »
you too Betty. Get rested.

Queen howre you doing?

awfully windy here, BF has a job interview, please keep your fingers crossed.

I cancelled my workshop and I feel OK with it I guess...

Have a good day ladies

tendai

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:07 am »
Ann thanks for the link. Sun - u might want to read it - it may help with your disclosure dilemma.
It also makes me wonder what secrets my ex had- him being so mysterious and all.  It was funny coz he demanded to know everything about me, how many men i slept with and all. so i broke it down for him (not everything though - got to have a few secrets left) ;D
i also read the article about sex drive and remembered how i  pretended to be asleep to avoid having sex.  i could feel him prodding me in the back with an elbow then shaking me. i mumbled 'hmm i want to sleep' without even turning around. he shook me a few more times saying 'hey whats your problem' and i ignored him. then he gave me this small frustrated shove and left me alone.  not for long though. felt him trying to take off my underwear while i was asleep. i was really offended by that, i cant explain why. i just felt so insulted.  i pushed his hands away and told him he was acting like a pervert >:(

Queen - i hope things straighten out for u. dont worry yourself sick, hey

Drag - congrats on the 'engagement'. doing a happy dance for you. Have u decided whether u going to go for the course? or u can postpone and go when u really feel up to it maybe?
ha, u posted while i was still typing. i hope your BF gets the job.

Cindy - great picture. u have a lovely smile

Hi Paulette - good to hear things are going well for you

Wish - that guy is more than just an ASS. there should be a word for selfish inconsiderate jerks like that.

Snow - hows the kiddies? Yes they should know how to communicate as early as possible! :D

Winn - waiting for the picture of the sweetie....at least u're out of the shark-infested dating pool. more trouble than its worth i sometimes think...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:25:20 am by tendai »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:41 am »
Hello ladies.              Betty, truly sorry to hear about your friend. That is a hard thing to deal with.                                                                  Tendai, I think I can understand why you might have been offended by your ex's actions while you were sleeping. I would have a problem with some one  trying to take advantage, too.                                     Not much going on. I was trying to get sick yesterday but feel better today. Might try to go back to bed for an hour before I go to my lunch shift. This week will be busy cause we have a event up in town.    Take care.   Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 08:27:30 am »
Betty, I am sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 08:41:28 am »
Tendai, I would feel highly offended by someone trying to take off my panties while I was trying to sleep.  That's like it's being forced on you, where you have no choice.

Cristy, I've had a virus for the last week & 1/2.  My doctor told me to get Mucinex D, which I will be getting today. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 08:53:22 am »
Hi Betty,

I read about your friend Jason yesterday, but I was at a loss for words. It brought up some memories for me and I didn't want to end up making a post that was all about me instead of about you. Just know that I have an understanding of how you're feeling - especially the anger aspect.

I know you know that at the end of the day, each individual is solely responsible for their own actions. I hope in time you can forgive him and focus on the happy times you had together.

Take care of yourself hun. Thinking of you...

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 09:02:42 am »
Betty, That Mucinex is good stuff. Hope it helps you. I will check back in tonight. Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 09:05:20 am »
I think what happened just reinforces something I heard years ago:  'The definition of insanity is not making the same mistakes and expecting different results.  The definition of insanity is making the same mistakes, knowing what the results will be, and doing them anyway.'

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.