Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:15:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 201
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XXIII - May the luck of the Irish enfold you.  (Read 53649 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating Thread Part XXIII - May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2008, 07:54:15 pm »
Evening ladies,

Snow, I'm glad no burglar was in your house when you went back.  That would ruffle the old feathers, eh?  I pm'd you my address.

Queen, you're cleaning today?  I like a nice smelling place also.  I aired my apartment out for the last three days.  I hate the smell of stale smoke.  Oh, and yes, I've been on Bactrim before.  I'm not allergic to it.  I used to be allergic to the Sulfa in it, but I outgrew it. 

Netta, I'm sorry you're feeling blue.  I can't say I have that longing for anyone 'special' to be in my life.  I'm content with being by myself.  It sounds like you're going through some hormonal changes.  Those are a bitch.

I went and got some fresh fruit today and some fozen burritos, nail polish and mascara.  I had two bags of groceries and it was $35! :o  I can't believe the price of food.  That's why I love food banks.  My ASO has one and I got some food from them Wednesday.  My case manager gave me 5 lbs of government cheese, which I love.  Other stuff also. 

My gay bff stopped by this afternoon to see if I needed anything.  I was contemplating going to an NA meeting earlier, but it's just too cold to go anywhere right now.  I'm still overwhelmed at losing both parents within 7 months of each other.  I suppose they are together now and at peace.  Still feel like an orphan with no home to go home to anymore.  It'll get better though.  Tomorrow us sibs have to go to the funeral home to make the arrangements for the memorial service. 

Nothing else to report.  I hope you ladies are having a good evening.
*listening to David Bowie "Let's Dance"*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2008, 10:56:42 pm »
He told me that when i come back to vaginia, ......

Netta, girl, did you see what you typed?  LOL  Not Virginia but not quite "vagina," either.  You gave me a good chuckle.  :D

Queen, of course I remember Boo.  WTF is up with him?  Be careful with him, esp if he isn't taking care of himself.......I remember all too well what you went through last summer.

Betty~  Glad to see you're drinking cranberry.  :)  I posted a youtube link for "Whole Lotta Love" in the Lyrics post for you.  You could get lost on that website watching all of the videos.  Just go to www.youtube.com and type a band or song title in the search box.  You'll be hooked for hours, and it will def destress you some.

Snow~  This past week was very rough for me.  My neck was awful on Tuesday to the point where I could hardly hold my head up, I was worried about having to pay COBRA $450 for medical coverage for 3/1 to 3/4, and we also had people out at work.  I barely got any of my own work done because some of us were taking turns being receptionist!  Can you believe that shit?  The entire accounting dept except for me did NOT help to answer phones.  Just wait until next time.  Ugh.

Surprisingly, yesterday and today my vertigo has been MUCH less than it has been in a years.  I am hopeful.

I was looking at the dried rose that Iceman gave me on our first date (Nov. 2nd) this afternoon, and I was missing him like hell.  I actually started tearing up cause I am so lonely when he's not around.  Right when I was having these thoughts he called!  I love it when stuff like that happens!  He took his one daughter and her GF to see The Jonas Brothers last night!  he is still getting over the screaming of an arena filled with teenaged girls.  LOL

I am just chilling out tonight.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2008, 12:27:21 am »
Hi Girls

Nothing new here, today was a busy day at work.  California was hit a rain storm so that made for a busy day.  What is it with people who cannot drive in the rain.  Its amazing the stupid thing people do in the rain. 

Netta-  Happy Birthday to you.  Sorry to hear that you are lonely.  I know that I go through periods of times when I am lonely as well.  For me I find it comes in waves, at least you have you granddaughter there.  She must be a ray of light.  I miss my niece and nephew they always helped me get through the tough times, I am sad that they moved 3 hours away.  Good luck on your decision if you decide to move.

Betty-  Betty good luck tomorrow.  I will be thinking about you. 

Queen- Thanks for the info on Sharkie,  I have read a few of his posts and enjoy reading them. 

OK girls I am off to bed and will check in tomorrow. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2008, 02:08:23 am »
Yep, I was in a cleaning frenzy again. But I also was in another cooking mood too. I made some shrimp wrapped in bacon for us to munch on. There was still roast and potatoes from Friday but I will probably end up freezing it. Later on today, I will cook some hot sausage with onions,mushrooms, garlic, and hot peppers with some sweet and sour sauce over rice. I have been doing some recipes from the cookbooks Roomie#1 has. I am going to rest up and try to sleep in tomorrow since all the cleaning is done. Roomie #2 has to be at work in the am so I know he will be hungry when he gets in.

I am also going to have to get my phone number changed because Roomie#2 ex figured out he is living here because he was following my roomie's credit card purchases he made from the store across the street. He had been calling almost every hour since 6 this evening after our mutual friend found out he got a pass to get out of the hospital which he used to go to their trailer to get high then went back to the hospital and started calling here. I love caller i.d., we ignored his calls even the one he tried to *67 to make private. But I am reassuring my bff that he has nothing to worry about if the ex does show up which we really doubt since his health is so bad. But we already have it planned out what to do if he does show up so none of us are stressing it really. It was just good to see my bff happy and smiling again.

Cindy-- I really don't know what the deal is with Boo just noticed that he was one of my fans on Fanbox. I haven't gotten a reply from the message I sent him. Not getting wrapped up in anything but was just surprised is all.

I think I am going to lay it down, I am mad tired.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2008, 07:01:08 am »
Morning ladies,

Cin, I've used youtube before to look up songs.  Lucas Clay and I used to pass videos from youtube back and forth in the 'effects processor' thread in off topic.  I have no idea who the Jonas Brothers are.  Must be a teen-age thing.  I'm glad that your vertigo is better.  I hope is stays that way.

Sun, you have no family around you?  That must be really tough.

Queen, I remember Boo.  I also remember he was sick all the time and wouldn't take any of the suggestions you would give him.  You sound like quite the cook.  If we all ever get together, I know who I want to do the cooking!

I'm still having pain when I pee.  I'm not sure how long that will take to go away.  I'm really glad my sponsor brought me that juice.  Water's alright, but gets boring after awhile. 

My sister from Phoenix is in the air on her way here.  I have to go pick her up in a couple hours at the airport.  She has a lay-over in Detroit, then will be flying right into South Bend.  I don't know what all's going to happen after we're done at the funeral home.  It's going to be one of those play-it-be-ear days.  One thing we sibs are going to have to do is go through my parents' house and get it cleaned out.  That's going to be such a task. They lived there for almost 50 years (originally lived in Detroit).  There is so much stuff.  My mum kept everything.  Even cards us sibs gave her when we were toddlers!  My dad was pretty organized, so it shouldn't be too hard figuring out what he owes to whom etc.  I'm going to dread the last day we leave that house.  It was my home I grew up in.  It's like shutting a door on a huge part of my life, never being able to go back.  Well, I'm not going to worry about that now.  I really try not to get caught up in tomorrows.  There's nothing I can do to change them, so why get all worked up.  A saying comes to mind someone told me- 'if you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today.'  That's so true.  My emotions have been wide-ranging since Friday.  I really don't think it's hit me yet though.  Maybe it never will.

Ok ladies, nothing else to report.  I hope everyone has a good day-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2008, 11:03:46 am »
Ok, it's early and I am up with the little Pooch cause Roomie#2 has gone to work. Roomie #1 is still sleep not sure how with the dog raising holy hell. I think the drama with Roomie #2's ex and ex's family is about to begin. The ex's sister called our mutual friend blaming Roomie#2 for everything that has happened to her brother. Give me a fucking break, no one put that glass dick up to her brother's mouth but her brother. He was the one who cleaned out their joint bank account on check day to get high. I see denial runs in the family!!! The rest of us see the writing on the wall with the ex if he doesn't get his shit together.

Moving on, the roomies and I have discussed getting a house when we move. We think we would come out better and between the 3 of us, we should be able to swing it. In the meantime, we will just be looking and trying to save up some money while still here.

It is that time for a new thread so I guess I will do the honors....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2008, 12:28:59 pm »
Crap, posted int he wrong thread.  I'll move it.

*THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:35:08 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.