Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:36:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 220
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating thread part XVIII - It's Leap Year, so ask him to marry you!  (Read 62633 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
How's that for a thread title? ;D

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: Dating thread part XVIII - It's Leap Year, so ask him to marry you!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:59:07 pm »
It's about time you jumped in, Ann. I have been waiting. Hell with asking him to marry me, I am already married. It's leap year and I have been married to your sorry ass for going on 7 years. I want a damn divorce!!!! And I will be working on that too. It's leap year, I want a new man and I want to be romanced, damn it!!!  ;D Speaking of romance, I have a date tonight. No nicknames for him, I'll just call him Kevin. We're going out for drinks at 7. It's another hook up from a friend, this time my bff. She knows me pretty well since we have been friends for over 20 years, so maybe this time will be better than Rico. I can only hope. I have never dated a white man before but he seems to prefer a sista, so I figure, why not, I am game. I only know a little bit about him for now. But you know I will keep you all updated on how things progress.

My sorry ass case manager called today. I wonder why? I never did hear back from the Supervisor who I put a complaint in to. She calls and says she heard I was in the hospital..Uh, hello, I have been out almost 2 weeks now. Has the nerve to ask about my hearing aids. If I could've jumped through the phone line she would've been slapped... >:( She still is offering me bus tokens and offered to leave some when I go to the clinic on Wednesday. Then she has the nerve to ask is there anything she can do...WTF? No, bitch, I think I have pretty much done it all myself, thanks for nothing. That's what I wanted to scream at her but I remained civil.

The receptionist from my ASO also called asking me if I did my labs today because when she called, they said they weren't in....What? I explained that I had them done and she said she would call back. Those damn people at the labs had better not have screwed anything up.

I think I am going to try to get a power nap in before my date tonight. See ya later...

Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:31:03 pm »
Ann thanks for starting the new thread.  I just with we would hear more from you!

Queen, good luck on your date tonight!  I can't wait to hear about it.  You know, during your absence I was sending tons of good energy your way.  Yep, right towards Pennsylvania.  I had my map out. :D  I am so gald you're back.  I do enjoy reading your posts; you're right-to-the-point, but compassionate at the same time.  You're truly one of a kind.  That case manager sounds like she needs an old fashioned ass kicking.  I can't believe she's so lazy and uncommited!

Anyway, I had a talk with my brother about my dad/sister situation and I'm calmer now.  I studied for my exam again.  About 8:00 tonight, I'll read the other 1/2 of my ethics book and begin on that paper.  It's got to be about capital punishment, and to tell you ladies the truth, I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.  I'm a big civil liberties person.  What are you ladies' opinions?  For it or against it?  Anyway, I'm going to browse around here and try to eat something.  I'm sure I'll check back in later.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:39:48 pm »
Hello ladies. thank you for letting me rant about my job in my last post. Dragonette, the bad thing is , I am already shift-supervisor, I only have  harder  days when my supervisor is there. And I seemed to have a really off  day sunday. It was almost surreal. I have never had a worse day there. I will maybe stay but would like to find a different line of work                                               Poor little Robert is very sick. I picked him up from school at 12. Can't get any medicine for him called in and made him an appointment at 9:30 in the morning. He keeps saying his tummy hurts and coughing and vomited twice.   i have been rubbing tummy and just checking on him. Bed soon as I am tired. Cristy      Ann, Thanks for starting the new thread. I will reply to prior posts next time.   C

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 10:06:55 pm »
Oh, Cristy, I'm sorry to hear about poor young Master Robert. :(  I hate it when wee ones are sick and they can't explain exactly what hurts and why...poor things just know that they hurt all over.  We'll certainly say a prayer for him, and mum, to get some peaceful healing sleep tonight.  i hope this is just a quicky tummy flu thing and by sunrise it'll all be over.  Bless his little heart.

Betty, good luck on your test and paper, hun.  I'm glad you got the "stuff" worked out with your sister/brother/dad.  We're in a similar situation and I've just decided to screen my calls and keep my mouth shut (as best i can).

Since it's leap year and we're supposed to ask him to marry us, but I'm already married, can i tell hubby to take a leap? ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 10:55:35 pm »
Oh goodness, so much to reply to!  Its bedtime for me here already.  The first day of work was very easy, just getting familiar with all of the property accounts.  Funny thing is, I am a whiz on the computer with accounting software and everything I did today was BY HAND.  WTF?!  I mean, I would pull 6 checkbooks at a time and MANUALLY enter deposit amounts, carry balances forward....and then the best part came.  Paying a few invoices that were past due.  Um, you tear the check out of the book that you just recorded a deposit in, walked down the hall to put away and then went back to get.....

....and you type the check on a typewriter.  Oh dear.  I still liked what I was doing, but for having so many accounts you think they'd have some better accounting software that can handle all of them AND print your checks on a printer.  Eee-gads!  Maybe I can talk them into Timberline this summer (accounting for multiple accounts).  :D

I caught up on everything here and what stands out the most is you Betty, and your father.  A few things come to mind.  #1) You need to take care of YOU because you don't have it easy, either.  #2)  You have enough siblings that they can take care of your father more if need be.  #3)  I hate to say this, but I am starting to get this way with my parents....If you don't feel they deserve something, don't feel bad for not helping.  I still remember Em saying we teach people how to treat us. 

On a smaller level, BT, I have been "testing" my mother lately.  She just returned from a 2 week vacation down south with my father.  She gets home and gets sick, dad starts to get sick, too.  I call and leave a voice mail last Wednesday afternoon right after I get the job offer.  My mother didn't call until today.  I kept saying I should call again over the weekend because Mom was sick (Dad, too) and maybe she didn't get the voice mail.  Thing is, Mom never answers the phone, you leave a message and then she calls you bitching that you haven't been in touch.  I say hey, pick up the damn phone and if you can't, then check the damn voice mail later!!!!  It makes me so mad when she does that.

So, I am trying to "teach" my mother that if she needs something, like a message on the voice mail that is there and waiting, then she actually might have to pick up the phone and punch a few buttons.  She is such a drama queen, and she NEVER did apologize for hanging up on me before she went on vacation earlier this month.  I think I mentioned it.....I basically cussed at her and said I was sick of her games, that she knew exactly what she was doing, trying to start an argument, and to knock it off.  She was so surprised she hung up.  Uh-huh, I love the shock factor.

BT, its just a shame that your father needs help and won't/can't get it because he is being stubborn with the smoking.  And if he is literally defacating all over his apartment?  I would leave that for someone else and take myself out of the mix, most definitely.  I know it must be tough, though, but your father is playing all of you.  Goodness, there are enough siblings to give him the attention he needs.  Give yourself a breather and lay low for awhile, it might be a nice break.   I know this all sounds harsh, but you KNOW someone will help him out, so its OK.

Cristy, good luck on your job search.  Look for something fun where its not so exhausting for you.  Or do the shock thing, if you're a supervisor, tell someone else what THEY need to do, and leave it be.  I know it ultimately comes back to you, but what the hell, you can't do it all.

I'm on a roll tonight.  LOL

Cams nice to see you!

Queen good-luck with Kev, behave yourself. LOL  Sorry your case manager is such a dumbass.  I still say you should ask if they are hiring for her position.  ;)

Drag (note to Mum, you crack me up calling her "Dragon", lol), seems like you still have baby on the brain.  Things will happen when they are supposed to, and you will get through it.  I know you're worried about your environment and bringing a little one into the world.  I still say don't rush things, take care of yourself, too!  :)

Ann, I am not asking any man to marry me, lol.  If he wants my heart, he'll have to come get it himself!  Cute title, though, but leap year isn't going to make me do anything crazy!

I told Iceman tonight that I wasn't so gung-ho on going to the Caps hockey game this Friday and to ask someone else.  The day would just be too long for me after work, and I would get exhausted.  I am really trying to make him understand that, and he does for the most part, but I guess I just hate not having the energy to do what I want anymore.

Oh they had trays and trays of Chinese food (enough for an army) and three cakes at work today for lunch.  I didn't have any snacks, no time and had a small plate of food for lunch.  I DID go back and cut a big hunk of carrot cake to take home at the end of the day.  Last check blood sugar was 145!  That's good for me!

I get medical benefits in 30 days!  Good news there. 

Viv, I do my own tax returns.  I wouldn't risk losing $50 - $75 having someone else do them, just to get a quick return.  If you read the fine print, its pretty easy, although tedious, but you can always refer back the following year.  I have always done my own tax returns except for in '96 when my husband died.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything then.

OK, time for bed, seriously.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:47:19 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 01:23:10 am »
Hi Girls

Just a quick note to say hi.  Had my date tonight with the guy that asked me out.  It was OK, no sparks and I put way to much effort into getting ready and it was just OK.  but hey free sushi is never bad.  He was nice just not the Latin Lover.  Getting excited for this weekend.  The Latin Lover and I are going to spend Saturday and Sunday together.  We are going to a fancy party, its a charity event for police officers.  Its a $100.00 a ticket and black tie.  So I get to get all dressed up.  If I take a good picture of the two of us I let you guys see.    Other than that nothing new to report.  Can't wait to hear about Queen's date.  I will write more tomorrow after I go to the doctor.

bye for now

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 02:13:44 am »
I know folks are anxiously awaiting the news about my date. I must say it was nice and I enjoyed myself. We didn't go out for drinks but he got a case of Coronas and went to his house. We started out watching a movie called The Nines which was confusing as hell to me. Thank the Goddess wrestling came on and I didn't have to watch the end of it... ;D I guess it was the usual blind date kind of thing, asking questions about the other and just talking. He has a Toshiba laptop to die for but knows jack about his computer. He thought the thing didn't work so I asked if I could fiddle with it. Come to find out it works fine other than he has a slow wireless connection through Verizon. I told him I would teach what he needed to learn. We smoked a few doobies and watched wrestling which was followed up by a very nice massage... ;) I know what you guys are thinking and no, I did not have sex. I'm not rushing anything this go around. Next time we get together, it will be movie night at his house. I will be bringing all my Resident Evil movies since he has never seen any of them. While I was gone, my son stopped over. My roomie told him I was out on a date. I better get ready for the 3rd degree... :D I got home just a tad after midnight.  I would write more but now I am ready to crash and I plan on sleeping in. Good Night....Zzzzzzzzz
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 02:53:20 am »
Good middle of the night ladies-

I had a very strange evening.  My blood sugar dropped to a dangerous low (42) and I felt comatose.  Luckily I was able to get up and breathe deeply, and ate all the sugar I could get my hands on.  So I was sleeping during most of yesterday evening; well, I was like I said, comatose.  It was actually a little scarey.

Queen, I'm so glad you had a good date.  You deserve it, gf.  I always enjoy reading your posts.  They always put a smile on my face.  You're truly one of a kind and I just love it! ;D

Cin, I'm glad you'll be getting health benefits!  That means no more having to pay Cobra, correct?  And Chinese food for lunch, eh?  You know, the last couple times I went out for Chinese, I wasn't that impressed.  Of course, it's the Americanized version of Chinese.  There's a Japanese steak house here that's pretty good, but it's pricey.  Sorry you're having trouble with your mom.  I wonder if something is in the air.

As for the situation with my dad/oldest sister (the self-proclaimed god of the siblings), things are just really frustrating right now.  My dad refuses to move from his home. Well, ok, but he needs someone there 24/7.  When I was talking with my brother this afternoon, he told me that the last couple of times he's been at my dad's, my dad was smoking with his oxygen on.  There's another indication that he's losing it and needs supervision.  My oldest sister is just a pain in the ass to deal with.   Everything she says is supposed to be taken as word, with no objections or one runs the risk of a moralistic tongue-lashing.  I'm almost to the point where I'm going to say I quit playing.  I think like people are saying, I will just lay low for awhile.  I'm supposed to go to my dad's on Friday.  It seems that my dad's treating my dear mum like a slave has been transferred to me and my brother.  Ugh. 

Anyway, I'm going to browse here for awhile and try to get some sleep.  Have a good one ladies-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 03:40:31 am »
It's funny Betty, youré off to bed, I am just up. You didn't upset me about your dad, don't worry. I think about this stuff anyway. it's so tough, I feel bad that you have to go thru this.
Actually now, its almost 9:30 and I am up since 6.00 due to the damn neighbour upstairs. I hate this, the house has such poor insulation. It used to be OK when we had just a single guy upstairs, but now there're 2 sisters and i always here them. i have to say they are being considerate, we asked them not to wear shoes in the house - I mean, the floors are so think I can hear them talk sometimes. But still I'm pissed.

I had a horrible day yesterday. i was so close to smoking. I actually want to a bar, had a couple of pints, and a cigarette on the table. The only thing that stopped me ironically was that there is such a strong small of cigarettes inside bars here, that it already felt like I was smoking anyway. I was with the BF, and then we went to a nice resuarant cos it was too late to go home and cook. It was a clear night, but now the storm is back. Anyway that was not the bad part of the day, that happened after my last post and before I met my BF for drinks. I don't really drink but I really needed it yesterday. It's all about my work and my f***ing bosses, I hate them so much. I feel so used and manipulated by them, and so freakin helpless. I can't write the detials here, but it all has to do with ownership of one's work and ideas.

Anyway this morning after the 6 am "wakeup" I was in the most horrible of moods. Do you ever get so angry that you kind of shout under the blanket? I'm ashamed to say the things I do when I am angry, I am sure I look like a right psycho from the side. When I saw my BF in the shower (we sleep in seperate rooms; we intend to have one bedroom eventually but for now there is no room in this one for 2 beds) I was like "I can't do this, how can I have a baby if I can't manage life". i mean, everything is just so damn difficult. There's been a huge issue with our taxes this year (I have no rights to benefits but I do have to pay taxes, just my employers pay them back, but they try now to pay less than we actually pay the tax office; pluse they have messed up my salary in other ways). I wrote an email to a person in charge and so did a friend I told. But she only replied to him and ignored me. I know this is a small thing, but everything'so damn difficult, and when it adds up to other things. So I said that I can't do it (baby). He just ignored me. After a while I came back and took it back. Childish i know. I'm supposed to be somewhere now, but I feel so demotivated by what goes on at work - and hurt, and furious, and scared - that Im ust sitting here in a housecoat typing, Ao I was like, i don't know what to do (today, & in general). And he said: "do whatever gets us closer to our goal of a house & a good job and kids in Mallorca [gorgeous Spanish island off the coast from Barcellona]". So I will do that... this will be my guiding principle from now on. It was very sweet of him to say that.

He was talking to his parents in Spain last night and they were grilling him about Israel. It's funny, al-Kaida has said things about claiming back Andalucia - southern Spain where he is from, and his dad asked if the Jews have any claims too, since we were kicked out of there in the Columbus era. His parents are so nice, but so traditional. If they knew anything real about me, they would probabaly have a fit.

I'm going to try to write posts to everyone later, I jsut totally exahusted myself. There is a rainy storm outside, I better go sit on that (wet) bike and go where I was s'posed to be. I'll arrive late but better late than never. Catch you later ladies, sleep dreams, exxcept Ann who should be awake - Ann, it's a whole year right, i'll see what happens till December  ;)
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 08:08:23 am »
Good morning ladies:

Drag, honey, if I drank two pints I would most definitely be smoking my ass off! :D  I know about pesky neighbors.  I live in a place which is a house that was converted into three apartments.  Right outside my kitchen window is the middle apartment's door.  There was a guy that used to live there, who would sit on the porch, which is also right outside my front window.  One time I was playing a video on my computer (which is in the kitchen) and he said "I can see that."  He was a real freak.  The neighbors who live there now are a couple.  Every time they come in or go out, they slam their door.  And after a snowfall, if I go out and shovel, I always shovel a path from my apartment clear around to the front.  They only shovel from their door out to their car.  I can't really complain about hearing what goes on in their apartment; though I did hear a fight they were having once with the whiney female yelling "I don't know what you're trying to do to me."  One of my neighbors told me to call the cops and I said "No way, not unless I hear some thuds and her yelling something like 'stop it' or the like."  I do not like to get involved in domestic verbals.  Anyway, I'm glad that you and your bf have seemed to come to some type of agreement.   You appear to have looked at all sides of things. 

OK, today I am going to read the part of the chapter in my ethics book I didn't read, try to write the paper which will be due on Thursday, get some stamps (and mail a special little girl her valentine  ;)), go to the library to see if I can get Gia, and restudy for the test I'll be taking tonight.  I don't expect to do well on it.  I don't know what this teacher expects.  It's always hard trying to get the feel of a new teacher.  So blah, blah, blah, that should keep me busy until class tonight.  Happy to say my blood sugar is back to normal this morning.  That low blood sugar last night had me worried because of how I felt.  I probably need to monitor that more closely.  I am also trying to think of a way to tell the self-proclaimed god of the siblings that my dad really needs to be in a place that can watch him 24/7.  While talking with my brother last night, he told me that the last few times he's been there, my dad has been smoking with the oxygen on.  Yet he refuses to have someone coming into his home, making sure he doesn't blow himself up and possibly start a fire that would cause other people to be in danger, and helping him with the day-to-day things.  Yet he expects us to run over there to manage any emergency which he deems as an emergency, even if that includes finding the damn remote to his t.v.  Very frustrating, but I digress.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 08:46:14 am »
Betty, let the "God" make the descions, they like that, being consulted with rather than told what to do. With what you describe, there is no other option, that's horribly dangerous to everyone.

No my neighbors are OK actually, I've had a collection of a-holes over the years. In this case it's more the building than them, but yeah at 5 a.m I want to shoot them. I guess the downstairs one can hear us as well, but we have laminat (klind of cheap parquette) on top of original floors, the upstairs one have only the awnings - is that a word? Like you would in an attic, very thin floor. It's a rented place. Get this about the Netherlands, when you rent an apartment, you have to buy the floors & installed gas heaters from the pervious tenant, or they must remove them. More often than not, all lightbulbs and sockets will also be removed. I paid 600 Euro (around 1,000$) for all these "gadgets" on top of the rent and commission to the estate angency. Crazy people. I have never heard of buying floors and fixtures till I moved here. Luckily they don't sell you the toilet, sinks and shower. I was very lucky, because my apartment is about 1/2 the price it should be with the prices here. That's probabaly the hardest thing about living here, finding adequate housing, there is just a huge shortage.

Now I feel calmer. Betty, hope the studying will go smoothly for you.

Cind, I am sure your employers will be only too glad to advance with the times. By the "times" I mean, with the 2nd half of the 20th century. A TYPEWRITER?! Good for RSI though, you won't be cramping your neck on that one. I can see you making a whole technological revolution there, like a mini Bill Gates. Show them that computers are the future! You sound so different coming back from this job than from the previous one. Like... alive?  ;D

Queen, glad you had a nice time. I usually try not to be alone with the guy in his/my place, unless I expect something physical to happen. Not that there's anything wrong with physicality, but since you say you wanna take things slow. Just remember you have the wheel so don't let anyone grab it. Now why does everything I write sound like an innuendo?

Sun, nice to see you around. Hope the gala will be a blast.

Cristy, hope Robert feels better asap. You sound like you already know when work's gonna suck. I hate supervisors. I guess if you could have talked to him to get him off your back, you'd already have done that. Restarant work is already stressful and there is no need to add to that by stressing out the workers when they'd just doing their job.

Snow, I read your tri plets story in the other thread. What an amazing gift, to think you were so close to terminating. That's incredible.

Minismom, very belatedly, Happy Birthday!. I told my BF about your "romantic proposal", we had a good laugh. I also told him about your special family. He really liked the idea. I mean, in theory. I don't think I could ever deal with so many kids, but if I do a fraction of what you do, I'd be well pleased with myself.

Lots of love everyone,

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 11:16:54 am »
It's only one day in Leap Year that women are "allowed" ::) to propose to a man - February 29th. If I remember correctly, it's called Sadie Hawkes Day.

I'm in Liverpool at my ASO's drop-in computer. My massage was cancelled due to the therapist being off sick. My clinic appointment this moring was crap - my numbers have gone into what looks to me like free-fall.  >:( I've lost 224 CD4s (went from 525 to 299) and what scares me more is I've dropped from 27% to 22% - bugger. The thing that pisses me off is that I've been feeling better than I have in years. Figures. ::)

The flight over this morning sucked too. I thought I was gonna puke before I got off the damned airplane. My taxi got stuck in traffic and it took nearly an hour for what's normally a 15-20 minute drive. I didn't get to see the doc I wanted to see - although the woman I saw was nice. It's just that we don't know each other and I get so sick of breaking new junior doctors in only to have them bugger off just when I've got to know them and they me. At least my consultant stays constant... but he's off at the conference in Boston this week "being brilliant", as the nursing staff at the clinic say. :D

They took a new blood draw today (six weeks early) because of the big drop in my numbers. (VL is still pretty low, not much change there) Come this May I'll be positive for eleven years, so I guess my med-free days are coming to an end.  :P I hope I get until nearer the end of the year - after summertime, anyway.

And I was soooo looking forward to that massage!  :-\

I cheered myself up a little by shopping for a birthday present for Foxtrot Charlie. I got him some new sheets for his bed (really for me! SHHHHH! ;D ) and a new leather wallet. The one he's using now is really old and tacky and falling apart and I cringe every time he pulls it out of his pocket.

Anyway, thanks for letting me have a rant. I had to do something with the time I should have been getting my massage, or else I may have wandered into the land of WWs and inadvertantly ripped a few heads off. I think I better just log off and go for a walk or something. Wish I could just get into a taxi to get back home instead of having to traipse back to the airport and sit around, hoping the flight is on time - and then hoping my taxi on the other end is on time so I can get my ass home!

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 04:44:15 pm »
Hello Friends...Wow i can finally reply...our computers were on the blitz last week here at work so i couldnt post..I hope everyone is doing well...im the same crazy person i always am... Not crazy enuff to ask no MAN to marry me tho..LOL..I dont even pay for dates..sooo.. :D..Yeah I guess u can call me semi-old fashioned..

Nothing new going on yet..oh I'm lookin into the PA Culinary Arts Institute..if its closer than the NY one..I dunno , will see tho..
So Queen hows Kev look?..Is he a cutie? I have never dated a white guy either but i have certainly lusted over my share..  ::)..Im still tryin to taste some PR juices but im in a relationship right now.. dammit!..I live in a predominately Pr/Hispanic area too..it would be soo easy...*smacks my hand* Bad girl!!..NE who.. speaking of a relaitonship..someone is late as hell picking me up from work..(my caddy is in the shop and i have one of them cheap ass 6 month warranties that they really dont wanna pay for anything so they prolong it and prolong it until u finally say fuck it ill pay myself..but nope ima wait for them..aint gonna wear me down , uhn uhn) Yeah but i get off at 430 n its quater of..what the french toast???? 
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 06:44:49 pm »
After the date last night, I crashed and burned. I slept in til almost 1 pm. About 10 minutes after that Kevin called me. He wanted to pick me up then but I had told him later which is actually now and he is 15 minutes late calling me. No biggie though cause I still feel a bit tired and I actually want to chill in the crib tonight. Maybe when he calls I can get him to come over and watch movies here. He works at one of the hospitals here so maybe he is on call or something. I am not even sure what he does at the hospital. So this dating thing with him is different by all means. No more leaving my meds by the bed, that's for sure. And I am definitely in control of this one going in.

When I went to bed last night my sugar was 209. I guess that was from the Coronas but I just took a pill and went to sleep. I checked it when I got up and it was back down to 124. I haven't eaten anything yet. Not sure what I got a taste for and I don't feel like cooking anything. I'm sure I'll eat something once the munchies have set in. My son stopped by today and grilled me about my date. I had to laugh and reminded him that I am not an old spinster yet.

Sorry to hear you had such a rough day, Ann. I don't plan on asking anyone to marry me since I am still legally married but hopefully I can say I am divorced by the end of the month. I have to get with legal aid who helps get it done for free.

Speaking of neighbors, I was heading out to the store today and someone at my neighbor's house asked me if I was married. I was like wtf? But answered him anyway. Then went on about my business. Betty, Gia is a good movie, I liked it. Sorry to hear you are going through it about your Dad. I hope that doesn't affect your studies.

Wishful-- Good to see you back. I was wondering what happened to you. Cooking school,huh. Sounds good then when you come visit, you can cook me something. I have been craving some shrimp like crazy. Or something cheesy with veggies...Get to cooking, woman.. :D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:57:12 pm »
Ann: sorry to hear about your numbers.  Hopefully your next test will show a good upward swing. 

Drag: Oh, hun, hope your day got better.  Screaming into the covers is better than screaming at everyone around - which is what I tend to do.

Wish: hubby is Hispanic and let me tell ya!  He can't dance and he has no accent.  I was robbed! ;)  His parents are a pain in the butt, too.  But, they're back in the mother land, 2002 miles away, and not 1 inch too far  :P  There's only room for 1 queen in this house and it's ME!

Queen: Glad to see you taking control of things.  You are the queen and if Kev wants to be your king - make him earn it.

BT: I'm sorry this drama just keeps playing out again and again for you.  Dealing w/ grandma's been a pain in the ass.  My dad told the dr. to stop saying she's on her last leg - he's tired of being disappointed :o  She called the cops and had my mom arrested for stealing her car.  Grandma doesn't even have a car.  Then, she accused me and hubby of stealing the car - cops came and scared the crap outta the kids.  We've washed our hands of her.  Easier when it's grandma.  Harder when it's your parent.  But, I understand the frustration.  My mom is taking care of my grandma who's her mother-in-law - granny's own kids are fed up with her. :-\

Not a darned thing has happened here worth posting about.  Just another day in the life. 

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:16:30 pm »
Hi GFs~

Tired and haven't had dinner yet.  There were hamburgers and hot dogs with onion rings and fries for lunch today, lol.  I already have enough of a belly, tyvm.  Work is going good but I am too tired to even shower right now.  I think I'll chill and do that later on.

Ann~ I think its called Sadie Hawkins Day.  I haven't heard of that date in awhile, but I will look it up, lol!  Sorry to hear about your labs not being as you wanted, but I had forgotten you weren't on meds.  You're doing fine, GF, just hang in there.  And trust me, meds aren't so bad.  I've been on them since '95.  Keep your chin up.
Queen~ Glad your date went well, but girl I see you getting your groove on in no time.  Slow yourself down when that full moon comes, lol.  What has your son said to you?  ;)
BT~ As far as capital punishment, years ago I always believed you should pay for the crime you committed.  Then I saw the movie "Dead Man Walking" and it absolutely broke my heart.  I guess it made me see that maybe we should value life more and try to rehabilitate people, or at least keep them locked up where they can't hurt anyone again.  But then there's the issue of the cost to keep those people locked up for life.  Its such a difficult decision.  I mean, even if a criminal has no remorse and doesn't give a crap about what he did, then I start to think that maybe he has mental problems and maybe needs THAT kind of rehabilitation, but some people never change.  Tough topic there.
Yes, lay low with Pops and let GOD handle it. (your sis)  And for goodness sakes if Dad calls for you to go find his remote.....can you say "no" girl and have him call someone else?  Then maybe the sibs will see how much care he really needs and could benefit from.
Drag~  Is there any way you can start looking for a new job?  I know I am asking the obvious, but the situation you're in there really seems to overshadow everything.  You've even admitted how I am more "alive" here in the Forums, and it in just two days.  You need to go where you'll be appreciated.  And you keep mentioning that these people at work are stealing/using your ideas?  Are they higher-ups?  Can you "fight" back?  Can you keep your ideas to yourself and say you're sick of people using you?  Is there any way that you can take a stand, or just move the hell outta that place?  I know you'd be able to breathe easier. 
Your rant about the neighbors was funny, and having to pay for the lightbulbs and sockets?  OMG, I can't believe it.  Lastly, you have a GOOD man, every time you post about being upset, you always come back around to say how your BF reacted, and its usually with patience and kindness.  I see that he cares for you very much, hang on tight to him, GF.  ;)
Wish~ Glad to see you back, was wondering where you were.  :D
Mum~ No news is good news, right?  Here we are, most of us bitching or tired or something, and seems you're on an even keel, even with all of those kids.  Amazing, yes, you are!  :)

OK, no food in the fridge but I'll find something to nuke, and maybe have a can of green beans.  I feel like Ole Mother Hubbard with a bare cupboard, but when am I supposed to go to the store?  LOL

Sun~ Almost forgot, cause I couldn't see your post while I was posting.  Have a blast with Magic Balls LL this weekend.  Its an Iceman weekend for me, too!  I always miss him so much!

Cristy~   I hope you're giving them hell at work!  Is Robert feeling better?  I thought I read he was under the weather.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   :D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:24:44 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 07:34:29 pm »
Cin: went to the grocery store, the mall, the library, and Bob Evan's for lunch.  Ordered pizza for dinner (which I don't even eat) and I've been doing laundry all stinkin' day and still not done.  I'm still dealing with sinus / allergy stuff that I've had since October.  Basically, I just didn't want to admit how totally lazy I've been today :-\.

Hubby is off translating for some neighbors.  They adopted a baby from Guatamala 2yrs ago and call his "foster mom" every year.  They don't speak Spanish and the foster mom doesn't speak English.  Not sure how they made out before.  Then, he's off to help an elderly lady figure out her computer.  That leaves irritated, hungry,  headache ridden me to get everyone to bed.  It won't be a pretty picture. ::)

Mum (whose crown is tainted, bent, and leaning a bit to the side)
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:08:09 pm »
Just a quick post. I ended up going to the bar and having a double shot of tequila and a bud. Kevin just called, he had fallen asleep but he is on his way over. Goddess, I have a serious buzz going on about now... ;D Munched on a burger earlier but am about to roll a blunt. I think my roomie needs it about now. Her bff kid broke her mirror and she doesn't look happy at all...I'll post later if I still have my bearings or else tomorrow...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:22 pm »
Ok...Sadie Hawkins Day is November 15th. This is the first time I have ever heard about Leap Day being about women and proposals. You learn something new everyday! Well today I felt as though I was teaching preschool...this group is such a handful! I have a ton of grading to do and I keep putting it off...Today was "Super Tuesday" and it will be interesting to see how the primaries turn out.

Talk to you all later!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 10:35:49 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Well, the exam was hard; damn hard.  But, it's done and I got my paper done for my Thursday night class.  In the chapter about the death penatly in my ethics book, it had essays from a few different writers expressing both sides, and two opinions from justices on the supreme court, each taking opposite sides.  When I was done writing it, I can see that I am against it, period.  When it comes to actually taking someone's life, I don't think we as humans and being subject to mistake have that kind of right. 

Ann, I'm sorry about your numbers.  If you have to go on meds, it's not the worst thing in the world, though.  You just hang in there sweetie.

Wishful, glad you're back.  Cooking school, ay?  I'm getting hungry already. :D

Queen, I hope you're having fun with Kevin.  You deserve some goodness because that's what you put out.  Karma, gf, karma.  I'm sending positive energy your way. ;D

Mum, I did send Mini's card out today.  So it should be there in a few days.  I also sent a pic of my cat.  It's pretty cute; she has her two front paws on one of my old slippers.  I'm glad you joined us here.  You kind of bring an even keel to our thread. ;)

Cin, I saw Dead Man Walking as well.  It was a very disturbing movie.  My feelings about the death penalty are already posted, so I won't go back over them.  It sounds like you're really enjoying your new job.  Glad you get to see Ice this weekend.  *singing Ice Ice Baby*

I didn't get to the library to see if they have Gia.  Got too caught up in schoolwork.  But I'll go tomorrow.  Tomorrow morning I'll start the first Depo shot.  Wish me luck.  My doctor is putting me on a combination now of Kaletra/Trizivir.  I remember taking Kaletra when you used to have to refrigerate it.  At least that's not required anymore.  I'll be getting labs done in a month to see how everything is.  I know my viral load is out of control right now (last testing 214,000).  And that test was in December.  I have been really proddling around lately.  Ah well.  Have a good one ladies. :-*

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 02:32:18 am »
*glares@Cindy and LOL* Damn, you girl, why you have to go and jinx me. But then I also had that double shot of tequila earlier... ;) Kevin showed up and bought us dinner tonight. I thought that was sweet. He had never seen any of the Resident Evil movies so that was the plan for the night. We got through the first one pretty good. At the time we were eating too...LOL.....Started the second one and maybe watched about 30 minutes of it before things got a little hot and heavy. Resident who? Not to worry, I didn't give up any booty but it was oooh so tempting. Let's just say Kevin has some hands on him and I am sensitive when it comes to touch, enough said.. ;) By 12:45am he was on his way out the door but wants to get together again tomorrow or I should say later on today. I think I need to catch my breath... :D

Heard a bit of news on the Rico front. It seems he just got back in town a few days ago. He is no longer working and still living with the ex in laws. Can you say SCRUB? Glad I kicked him to the curb. It would also seem that the ex has lost her man too. Actually, he tried to play her. Had her put a deposit on an apartment and some type of way was going to move his wife in....Saaaaaaaaayyyyyyy Whaaaaaaaat? I told my friend maybe now her and Rico will get back together but she says that's not happening because her sister still doesn't want anything to do with him...Oh well, 2 tears in a bucket, motherfuck it. The Queen has moved on.

It would seem that Nefertiti has gone into heat. The boys cats are on her ass. The same for the other girl cat, Polly too so they are bunking with me tonight. It is a sight though cause me and my roomie have been flying around the house with our water bottles..... ;D Hell, maybe I need to spray my damn self with it too... :D

Later on today is the appointment with the ID doc. I doubt my labs will be back since I just had them done on Monday. Damn people don't work that fast. So, I don't think there will really be much my doctor will be talking to me about. I will discuss the depression with him and about stopping the meds. I feel much better now but I don't know if it is a reoccurring thing.

I'll keep you posted...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 05:12:26 am »
hi ladies

Ann, rant away... there are plenty places i want to live, but i know i have to be within a certain distance from the hispital. otherwise its too much of a pain in the butt. i am now 10 min away by bike, so easy its a joke. i have no commute whatsoever - work is 5 min, the gym 10, etc, all on bike. i dont know how i used to commute and hour to uni, 1.5 hours to work, back in the day. but i guess living on the isle, you save yourself that shit and the only time you have to stand it is on hospital days.

Queen, i wish you great times with Kev. Hot & heavy huh? when I know that I can't have sex for some reason (lack of time or BF is away) i'm at my horniest. You know like when you crave food that's unavailable.

Cind, i'm ok with my work for the next 2 years until my contract terminates. too much is at stake for me to quit now. it's a projecta and if i don't finish it, there'll be a hole in my resume worse than unemployment. it's v. hard for me to find another job in Holland, esp in this part. i have to see what BF will come up with too. so for now am here... i am fine with the job, but not with the shit that they do. But people with low morals often find their way to the top, precisely b/c they have no qualms about stepping over others to get there. on a day to day basis though, i couldnt have it any easier, and that is so handy with this disease, that it will be very hard to adjust to a normal routine when I am done. I come and go as i please, take vacations whenever i want, do basically whatever i want every day, and I have a lot of opportuinties that I take very little advantage of. On the other hand, dont have the benefits of a regular employer or a Dutch citizen, just a salary. It's s strange life. Not quite the life of a grown up person. It makes me lazy in a way, but in 1.5-2 years, it will be history, and I'll be back in the daily grind (hopefully asap cos I have no unemployment or social security rights).

Speaking of which, it's 11.00 and haven't started work yet. came in at 10.00 after physiotherapy (have a massage 2x a week sicne I broke my arm and fucked myself up with RSI), and been on the forums since...

So just a quick one: Betty I am sure you aced your exam, but good luck anyways, Minis, I have a "bleached" Latin also, my BF is Spanish, but not the Antionio Banderas type. But there is still a warmth to Latin men (he is the only one I have "been" with, but I know a few) that I really like. I am sure you did in your "lazy" day more than I do in a week. and i dont know how you guys post cos it takes me ages. Hope everyone else is doing good, little Robert included. Have a great day ladies. Hugs. PS am flying tomorrow, so might be away for a while. Or maybe check in again, but if not ... group hug!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 10:32:10 am »
Good morning ladies-

I'm kind of irritated right at the present.  I went to the gynecologist's to get my Depo shot and the receptionist looked at me like I was crazy.  They didn't even have me down. >:(  I know I wrote down the right time; right after I talked to them last week, I called my case manager at my ASO and told her, as she wanted to take me.  So, I have to go back tomorrow at 9:15.  I could have slept in.  So I'm not in a good mood.  I hate it when medical offices make mistakes like that and then treat you like you have some kind of deficiency, and won't admit their errors.

Queen, I'm glad you had a good time with Kevin.  It would be hard for me to hold out also.  I love guy's hands when they go to work.  I absolutey loathe when female cats go into heat.  Luckily when I got my kitty, she was already spayed. 

Drag, I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.  If you can, check in and let us know how you're doing.  Where are you flying again?

OK, today I have to go get some prescriptions filled and go to the library.  Other than that, I'm pretty much free.  I'm sure I will be crashing in the afternoon.  My eyes are burning.  Check back in later.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »
Good morning ladies-

I'm kind of irritated right at the present.  I went to the gynecologist's to get my Depo shot and the receptionist looked at me like I was crazy.  They didn't even have me down. >:(  I know I wrote down the right time; right after I talked to them last week, I called my case manager at my ASO and told her, as she wanted to take me.  So, I have to go back tomorrow at 9:15.  I could have slept in.  So I'm not in a good mood.  I hate it when medical offices make mistakes like that and then treat you like you have some kind of deficiency, and won't admit their errors.

LOL deja vu!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 05:57:38 pm »
Well, I am back from my ID doctor appointment. Here's the scoop.....My cd4 has gone up to 401 from 265, the viral load isn't back yet but we are assuming that I will still be undetectable. My potasium seems to be low and he wants me to take a pill for that for about 2 weeks and then get blood work done. He is not sure if it is from me not eating when I was depressed or what. If the potasium goes back up then he will take me off the pill. I have managed to gain 7 pounds and I don't know where the hell from. Great, another freaking pill. He wants me to stay on the Celexa for depression so he can tell if it is the Sustiva in the Atripla that made me depressed or not. He says if I stop this soon, I will more than likely bottom out and get depressed again. My kidneys and liver are fine. My ldl went up from 11 to 37 and my hdl went up a little from 107 to 114, not overly concerned but he is watching it. I had to get a tb test done and have to go to my primary on Friday to have that checked out.

I am a liitle pissed with my roomie. While out, she asked me to stop by the store and grab her some cigs and some more Pepsi. I told her that it seems like I am the one who is always running to the store. The killer part is that there is a store right across the street from where I live. Why couldn't she walk her ass to the store. Then she has the nerve to say be real, she gets Pepsi when she is out. For one, I don't ask her to get it and second, the damn store is across the street. I think it set me off when she said, be real. So, I told her since we are being real, why am I the one who is always washing the dishes, taking the garbage out every week, and changing the litterbox in the bathroom? I guess she has an attitude about me saying that but what the fuck? I feel like Molly fucking maid over here. I am thinking it is time for me to be on my own again. I have an appointment with section 8 on Friday so if that goes through, I think I will be looking for a place by myself. I am not trying to be mean but if I am doing damn near everything around here myself I might as well live alone. Yeah, it is nice to be able to split the bills but it's not like I am saving any money.

I am fucking livid right about now. I am in the room with my door closed and I think I will remain that way for the rest of the night. And I feel she owes me an apology but I doubt I will get one. If anything she will whine about how her hands has been hurting her and that's why she hasn't been doing anything. But she manages to roll a doobie without any problems!!!!!

I think I will go chill for a moment. I am not in the frame of mind to respond to threads about now. But I needed to come in here and vent right quick. Thanks for letting me sound off, I shall return later....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:11 pm »
Hiya ladies!  Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be here for a while.  It's nothing dramatic, just something that i need to take care of.  I'll be leaving in about 30 minutes and I'm still in my P.J's 8). You all be good and safe. I hope to see everyone bright and early on Monday :-*

Mega Moochies!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 08:07:32 pm »
Hi GFs~

Have a nice getaway, MUM, hope all is well.  :)
Queen~  I know, people take shit for granted and then when you speak up they act like you shouldn't be bitching.  I have tried to NOT do things before in the past to see if a roommate or BF notices, and they never do.  Then I get pissed cause nothing is getting done, and I end up cleaning, etc anyway.  :(  Glad to hear you and Kevin are moving along nicely.  Did you say he works at the hospital?  What does he do?
Win, I was thinking of you when I read BTs post, lol!  Crazy-ass medical office people. LOL
BT, sorry to hear that you got up and out the door for nothing.  I hate when that happens.  These days I call the day before to verfiy.  It sucks having to do that, though.  Keep us posted on that Ethics exam grade. :)
Drag, so I guess you're staying at that job.  If I were you, I would have trouble keeping my sarcastic tongue to myself, if someone took my ideas.  I guess you're working in groups and people steal them during discussion?  Just be a bitch and don't offer anything up next time, lol.  Tell them you're not feeling well, and to let "Roger" or someone come up with "something."  Just like they did last time.  LOL  ;)

Work is going well, but it was stop and go on the highway for nearly 30 miles this morning.  It took 90 minutes and thats only cause I cut out and took a back way at the last second.  Rumor has it that a Lays Potato Chip truck broke right down in the middle of a 7-lane wide area.  Crazy ass potato haulers.  Get outta my way! 

I did a lot of organizing today.  I am really cranking the work out quickly, as soon as I get something, I process it and off it goes.  Tomorrow I get to start settling the accounts for the end of January.  I have found a lot of mistakes already in the check books and in the paperwork, etc.  Hard to believe the chick before me was there for 3 months.  My boss has been saying that the lady didn't know what she was doing.  I am kicking ass and things are getting straightened and cleaned up!  :D  Today there was Caesar salad, chicken marsala, mashed potatos and CRAB BALLS for lunch.  I was in heaven, but I am darting back and forth so much at work that I think I am losing weight, lol.

I miss Iceman, I can't wait to see him.  I'll have group on Friday night and then the Cheechster and I will go to Ice's house.  He'll be at the Caps game with a buddy so I can chill out and relax.  Then we're supposed to get all snow on Saturday with a little on Sunday.  I wouldn't mind getting snowed in.  He has these big, strong hands, and a fireplace.......oooooh, yum.  :D   :P

Have to go shower, go to the GYN tomorrow for another 3-month follow up to the bad Pap in May.  My cycle is light and normal, doing well there.  Miracle of miracles. 

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:10:07 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 08:57:42 pm »
Hi everyone,
I could of swore I posted here the other day but who knows what I was doing?  My AC adapter thingy is bad and I keep losing power.

I had my labs drawn yesterday and I will get the results on the 20th.  I finally got an appointment for Monday to get a case manager.  I hope they will take a diagnosis letter from 2005 cuz thats all I got :)...not like it is ever going to change.  I really hope he has some contact info for a support group.

I went out for the first time in months last night with my girlfriend.  We tried to go to a comedy show but they had switched nights so we just stayed and had some drinks and appetizers.  We used to work together and she does not know my status, it would be so nice to tell her but I am too afraid, she is the only connection I have now to the adult world :)  She thinks my life is already f'cked up enough already, that would flip her out.

I have been trying to figure out what to do with myself since the trip  lets started all day school.  I started volunteering for a local non-profit that helps out people that are housebound/elderly/disabled and I met a lady before Christmas that needed some help around the house.  It has worked out really good for me because she and I really clicked, and she asked me to come more than just the one day a week to volunteer.  She is such a sweet lady but it is funny because I am ghetto-fying her.  She had never gone into a Walmart or Dollar store.   Goodwill will never happen.  We had to go to the mall to do some returns, in one store she returned 4 0r 5 things and got back $600.   :o Meanwhile, there is me who only shops on clearance racks...clearance, clearance racks.  I was all excited cuz I went to Kohls and got a bunch of stuff at 80 to 90% off.  People I hate to see me coming but why pay $40 when you can get it for $4?  So anyways... I have to help her one day this week,  if the rains stops I would like to start walking again at the local park and hopefully, I will get the heating elements for my hot water heater so I can actually take a hot shower that stays hot.

Betty-  The only reply I remember from one of your posts is your question about the dealth penalty.  I see since then you are not for it. I think...I am so tired.  I wish we could have the death penalty for heinous crimes and murders.  My older sons father was in maximum, minimum, and every kind of jail cept federal and it was all one big joke.  The people who commit these crimes do not give a second thought that they just ripped some live human being away from thier life and loved ones.  The only thing they are care about is themselves. I heard somewhere that it costs the tax payers almost $40,000  to keep someone incarcerated for a year.  There are too many other things to do with that money.

Mini-  Glad to hear you had a nice date with your hubby.  I am insanely jealous and happy for you that you have someone to come and stay with  the kids so you can get away for a week.  My mother tries to come here every weekend to give me some time because she is the only one "willing and able" to.  It always amazes me how everything runs so much smoother with teamwork.  Did you trying braiding?  My SIL did my sons when thier hair was a little over a 1/2 inch or so....and I can't believe they sat there for it.  If mini wants anymore on-line friends we can send her a valentine from Massachusetts. :)

Queen- That would be great if you could get your own apartment.  I am an only child so having 5 other people around me 24/7 is total chaos.  I was not a good room mate in college or ever.  Not having to deal with other people habits and personalities is so much less stressful.  Kids I can take.....adults I could do without :)

Sun- I hope you have fun at your black tie affair!  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Wish- I hope you and yours are all doing well...you know if you go to chef school you have to wear a pillsbury dough boy outfit for a while....don't want you to cramp your style :)  The bonus is you get to eat all kinds of yummy food depending on whether your classmates can cook or not.

Win- I got the cutest sketchers pull ons today...YEEHAH!!  Hope you and yours are doing well too.

Moonlight- Glad to hear your new job is going well, your jeans sound great.  Believe me I hate my bootydoo, too.  How are you tolerating the drive?

Ann- If I do any leaping this year ,it will be in another direction :)

Viv- Hope you are catching up on your grading and having fun with your kids.  Do you an Minismom have any tips for me for working with dyslexia?  My son who is in 3rd grade is struggling big time.

Hi Drag- I hope things work out at your job, it sounds very interesting at least, and I hope you have heat.  I hope I am directing this to the right person. :)

I hope everyone else is doing well and taking care of themselves.

Have a good night!  Snow

Gee, I hope a lot and have obviously forgot how to use commas because I am the queen of run-on sentences!...just an observation

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 10:23:40 pm »
Snow~  My drive leaves something to be desired, but I am so happy to be making good money doing what I love.  AND I'm good at it.

I just crack myself up "talking" to everyone on the roads, and making comments about them all the way to work.

I let everyone over in front of me, no sense being a bitch and riding the ass of the car in front of me to keep someone out.  LOL  Also, I have a bad neck and quick braking is NOT my friend.  So, all of these people I leave room for in front of me.....only two waved "thank you" this morning, and that was when I got down to where the good zip codes were, lmao.

OMG, I am SO funny.  OK, I'll stop now.

My ride?  Yes, PURE entertainment for me, myself and I, lol!

::)

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 10:55:56 pm »
Good evening ladies:

I went to the library and got some movies, and I just got done watching 'Hair.'  I really liked it.  I took a break from schoolwork for a day, which felt good. 

Wendy, I thought of you while I was typing about the doctor's appointment.  :D

Queen, I wouldn't want to have a roommate.  Maybe I'm just selfish like that.  That would be great if you could get your own place.  I need my space.

Cin, the exam was in my social psych class.  It was the first one from the new teacher, which was hard because I didn't know his style.  Hey, I talk to myself when I'm driving also about the other drivers.  I'll say "Ok, fuckwad, go ahead!" :D  Things like that.

Mum, I hope wherever you're going that you stay safe. 

Snow, please keep us updated on your labs.  I'm glad you were able to get together with you gf, even if you didn't get to see the comedy show. 

Ok ladies, I'm off to browse some threads and go to bed.  Have a good sleep everyone-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 12:28:51 am »
I am back. I am a bit cooler now but I am still considering getting my own place but I do kind of feel bad if I up and leave my roomie. I don't think she could afford a place on her own. She was living with someone else when I met her. But the dishes are still sitting there. There was water in the sink earlier and I guess she let it out again. This is what usually happens when I mention I am not doing the dishes. I am sticking to my word too. At the same token, I have her for a room mate for a reason, should anything happen to me healthwise, I trust her more than anyone else to take care of me.

While venting earlier, I forgot to mention that I got my other hearing aid back today. I can hear again. Tomorrow, I have to get my ass on the bus and go get my depo shot....I am dreading it, I hate public transportation. Kevin called me today but I was at my doctor's appointment so I didn't answer. I think he is working Thurs-Sunday at the hospital. I am not sure what he does exactly. Next time I see him, I will have to ask.

My son came over again tonight and excited with good news. He is going to New Orleans on Wednesday and he is going to perform for some type of after party for Neyo, who is a R&B singer. I have also come to find out that he has some type of contract to rap for someone, I forget the guy's name. I asked him did he read the contract before signing it and he assured me that he did. I told him I would like to meet this guy whoever he is. He promised me that if he makes it big, he will buy me a house and I can have all the cats I want... :D He says the cats can even have their own room made just for them. I thought that was sweet.

That's about it for me. I have games to play.... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 04:18:03 am »
Low sugar woke me up and the wind is blowing hard here.  I had a granola bar and went and blocked the doggie door so it doesn't keep flapping.  Sugar was 52, I feel OK, but I know better, so I ate a little.  It was 64 degrees here at 1030pm when I went to bed, now its really cold again, the way I like it.

Queen, glad to hear you got your other hearing aid back.  Are you sure the water doesn't drain out of the sink on its own?  Why would roomie drain the water from dirty dishes? :( 

BT, glad to hear you kicked back and watched some movies!

I need to get back to bed for two more hours.  I wonder if I've lost any shingles off of the roof.  Crap.

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 04:56:11 am »
Cindy--

Sorry to hear your sugar crashed on you. When it happened to me in the hospital I was scared shitless and began asking the nurses all kinds of questions in between them feeding me glucose tabs. I spoke to the diabetic person yesterday when I went to clinic about it. My guess was that I was crashing due to that nasty ass diabetic diet they had me on and no Pepsi. And she agreed, she said my body was looking for that extra sugar and the snacks that it was use to getting. Since being back home, I haven't crashed once. I did pick up 7 pounds and I don't know where the hell from. I'm still waiting on my sister to come by with my Y application so I can start working out.

While at clinic, I had to get a BIA done. I was looking over the graph they had on me. I noticed that it said my ideal weight should be 110. I told the nurse, I couldn't even imagine myself at 110 that I would look like I was on crack... ;D I haven't weighed 110 since I was 15. I'm thick and I prefer it that way... ;) I do need to tone up some areas. She said I need to build up more muscle. She suggested that I start walking. I wanted to say that ain't happening while it is cold outside. And she told me I shouldn't drive as often. I was ready to bitch slap her by then. Drive what? I haven't driven anything since March when I got into the car accident. But then she didn't know and she just assumed.

No, the water in the sink didn't empty out on its own. She let it out as she often does. She has a habit of starting something then walking off and doing something else. But hell will freeze over before I go in there and wash those dishes. She needs to get off her ass, take a pain pill or something. I'm irritated with her because I use to listen to her bitch about her old roomie not getting off his ass to clean and leaving everything for her to do. Or I have even heard her say that no one should have to tell someone to do something if you can see it needs to be done. Ok, so what is her excuse? I think she forgets what she says around me. I am just waiting to see how long those dishes are going to sit.

I need to check my sugar then take my ass to bed. It is almost 5 am.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 07:40:55 am »
Morning ladies:

I woke up an hour late.  I had my clock-radio set wrong; I wanted to get up an hour earlier to give myself time to get ready before I have to leave to get my Depo shot.  This will be the first one.  So I'll probably keep it short for now.

Queen, if it gives you some security being with your roommate, then stay.  Maybe if you stick to your guns by not doing the dishes, she'll get the hint.  Congratulations on your son.  It sounds like he has some success coming his way. 

Cin, I hate low blood sugars.  I saw what time you posted and was wondering what you were doing up.  I know it couldn't have been because Ice was there and you had been kept busy. :D

OK ladies, I'll check in a bit later.  Nothing really exciting.  I had a conersation last night with the self-proclaimed god of the siblings.  Will talk about it later-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 04:56:43 pm »
I guess she got the hint...She did half of the dishes....I really had to laugh about that. I plan on cooking a roast tonight so the dishes will be back again but the things I need to use are not dirty. I slept in today which is not what I had planned to do. So once again, I had to reschedule my depo shot. It snowed a little bit last night and felt like it got cold as hell. What happened to 52 degrees just a few days ago? I really don't have anything to report and for some reason I still feel tired. I don't know what that is about. I haven't heard from Kevin but I think that is because he is at work. I started back on my Celexa maybe that is what has me feeling sleepy, I dunno. I will just take this time to nap and rest up cause Kevin is a handful.. ;) I will check on you ladies later...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »
LOL Queen - It sounds like you live with a teenager. half the dishes LOL

I had a bit of drama last night. My girlfriend of 25 + years called me upset. She lives in New Jersey, the rest of her family lives near me. Her 5 year old niece was in the hospital and she felt as if she wasn't getting the full story as to why the little girl was there. I told her I'd go to the hospital today and visit her and check on her condition.
She had a blister on her toe when she left her mom's house to go for visitation with her dad. While at her dad's house her toe turned purple and was swollen twice its size.
I've never heard of this but it turned out to be herpes on her toe. I spoke to the doctor while I was there and she said its definitely from the virus herpes simplex 1.
After researching it on the computer I found that its proper name is herpetic whitlow. It was supposedly passed to her toe because she is a thumb sucker. Anywho -  she will be fine.

I talked to my girlfriend and calmed her down. She thought the baby had genital herpes and was freaked.
Its a shame her family couldn't be normal enough to tell her exactly what is wrong with the little girl instead of giving her half the story and letting her worry about the rest.

Nothing new with her family. They are all kinda kooky. But I've known them as a second family for most of my life so its nothing new to me. They are all about the drama.

LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 06:36:49 pm »
Good evening ladies:

I'm supposed to be in school, but I have an extremely soar throat and plugged up head which has gotten worse as the day has gone on; and I checked my temp at 4:30 and it was 101.  So I guess I got teh crud.  I did drive over there to turn in my paper about capital punishment I had to write.  It's the first class I've missed in a very long time. 

Queen, I am so glad you have both your hearing aids back! (I read your blog)  That must be so relieving.  I can't imagine being hearing impaired.  You're very brave.

Wendy, I know scads of people who are all about drama.  I call them "crisis-junkies."  Because that's what they really are.  I had to chuckle when you said your friend thought the little girl had genital herpes.  That was so far-fetched, it just sounded a little humerous.

Anyway, I'm going to check out a few other threads and watch some tube.  Take care-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 07:25:48 pm »
Hi GFs~  I did really good at work today, started settling lots of bank statements.  Still finding mistakes from the last chick and cleaning as I go.  LOL 

Queen, my sugar usu crashes every other day or so.  Sometimes I get the overnight crash and sometimes I get the mid-morning crash if I don't have a snack and I am running around too much.  Its nothing to be scared of.  I always keep chewy granola bars in my purse, just in case, maybe 2 or 3.  The other day I looked in the bottom of my purse and counted them all.  I had ten bars in there, lmao!  Needless to say I cleaned some out.

Yes, I forgot to congratulate your son's turn of good luck.  It sounds like he is very talented and maybe he can meet the right people and make it big time!  Wouldn't that be the coolest?  As far as the dirty dishes situation, I would just clean the ones I used and figure out some kind of deal as to who cleans the ones that the meal was actually cooked on/in.  Before you know it, shit will be growing in your sink.  ??? Have you given in yet, or is the agreement that you cook and she does the dishes?  I'm curious.  Hang in there, that kind of shit always pisses me off, to no end!

BT~  Sounds like something is up with you running that fever.  Have you called a doc?  I don't know what to think when you have a fever and a higher VL.  Do you need to take extra precautions?  The flu going around is supposed to be awful this season, you read about Lucas Clay....I sure hope I don't get that shit.  I would be home for two weeks.

Win~  Please explain how sucking your thumb gives you herpes all the way down on your toe?  Is it because the mouth has all of that bacteria and it gets into your system?  Weird to read about that dilemma but I'm glad your friend's little one is OK.
Cin, I hate low blood sugars.  I saw what time you posted and was wondering what you were doing up.  I know it couldn't have been because Ice was there and you had been kept busy. :D
  Don't I wish that were the case.  He and I are missing each other BAD this week, but tomorrow night, Ooooooo Come Hither  :D

Curious to see what the She-GOD had to say to you (sibling).   ::)  What's the "plan of action" this time?  LOL  Be strong, and don't give in just because you aren't working.  You aren't working for a REASON.  Because you're a student and you need to take care of yourself, esp now with that damn fever.

Survivor starts tonight.  Have to go shower.  Stay warm my GFs.

Oh, good news!  I adjusted how much tax will be taken out of my pay at this new job and I am getting 20% more a week than I thought!  Better in my pocket or 401k than with the govt.  I hope to break even next tax season.  I am so happy!   :D   :D   :D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:29:22 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 09:42:49 pm »
Hello ladies.  I just got done watching Girl, Interrupted.  I really love that movie.  Getting tired though and tomorrow I have to go to my dad's. 

Cin, it sounds like you really like your job.  I'm so happy for you.  I haven't called the doctor.  I'm on an antibiotic right now for something else, so I'm hoping that will kick it in the ass.  I haven't talked to my sister yet, but my therapist suggested that we all go to my dad's doctor and express our concerns.  The object of that being that the doc will be able to take action.  I might throw that out there and see how she responds, probably tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Good night-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 09:52:01 pm »
Sleep tight, GF, and PLEASE rest up, take good care of yourself.  :)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 10:13:21 pm »
I started taking my anti-depressants again. I am wondering if that is what kinda has me feeling crappy. Dinner was a success and not too many dishes, she has been working on them. I am on strike at the moment... ;) I am a bit annoyed at the moment but I won't go there cause I am not allowed to. So, if you ladies don't see me for a few days, you will know why and it is not because I am depressed.

I am happy for my son and I truly hope he will be successful but I know it is hard to get into the music industry. It seems like there is a new rapper coming out daily. But if he does make it, you can bet your ass I will be his biggest fan and supporter. Who knows, you might see me on an awards show one day... ;)

I am keeping it short and sweet tonight. I think I will go back to playing Warcraft and let off some frustration. I'll get at you ladies later.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 10:41:52 pm »
Win~  Please explain how sucking your thumb gives you herpes all the way down on your toe?  Is it because the mouth has all of that bacteria and it gets into your system?  Weird to read about that dilemma but I'm glad your friend's little one is OK.  ~ Cindy

I copied and pasted this info from one of the webpages offering info on the condition. I didn't paste the entire thing just a part of it. You could google herpetic whitow for more info.

Herpetic whitlow is an intense painful infection of the hand involving 1 or more fingers that typically affects the terminal phalanx. Herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) is the cause in approximately 60% of cases of herpetic whitlow, and herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) is the cause in the remaining 40%.

In children, HSV-1 is the most likely causative agent. Infection involving the finger usually is due to autoinoculation from primary oropharyngeal lesions as a result of finger-sucking or thumb-sucking behavior in patients with herpes labialis or herpetic gingivostomatitis.

Similarly, in health care workers, infection with HSV-1 is more common and usually is secondary to unprotected exposure to infected oropharyngeal secretions of patients. This easily can be prevented by use of gloves and by scrupulous observation of universal fluid precautions.

I've never heard of this but it sure did look painful and nasty. Poor baby...
I'm pretty sure most of us have never heard of this either.

Offline minismom

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 06:28:02 am »
Hello all you happy people!  All is fine and I'll be back in full force probably Monday.  It's way early here - been up for a while thanks to my nose that won't quit running except when I try to blow it. >:(  I've not read all of the posts I've missed but suffice it to say that I miss you all greatly and see that I'll have a ton of catching up to do.

Happy Friday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 07:28:19 am »
Good morning ladies:

Queen, I think I know why you're annoyed, but we can't discuss it on here, I know.  The reason I think I know why you're feeling that way is that I was also last night, probably for the same reason.  I'm over it today, though. 

Wendy, you're right, I had never heard of what it was.  That poor thing.  I hope it clears up soon. 

Mum, I'm glad Mini got her valentine.  I still have the one from her hanging on the frig.  Too cute. ;D

Well, I don't seem to have a fever this morning.  I took an extra 600 mg Motrin before bed last night and soaked everything with sweat.  But I'm still blowing my nose about every 5 minutes.   It's so frustrating.  And today I have to go to my father's.  I really don't want to go, not only due to the fact that I don't feel well myself, but I wouldn't want to be getting blamed for giving something to him.  But the god of the siblings would hit the roof if I asked her to cover this week.  So, go I will.  But grudgingly.  My brother sent an e-mail to us sibs about father's health condition; that he should be in at least assisted living; that the people that take care of his oxygen go along with this also.  I don't know how much good it will do with my two sisters.  When it comes to anything being suggested to father, who holds the most weight is the god and the self-proclaimed martyr (my 2nd to the oldest sis).  At least the martyr is easier to deal with.  She's not so caustic and tries to see things from all sides.  Anyway, I'm off to check out a few more threads and eat, etc.  Have a good one-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 12:37:16 pm »
Howdy(as Philly267 would say),

Nothing going on today, I might have a date with Kevin. He called me last night after 1am wanting me to come over his house. Can we all say "Booty Call"?.. :D It was tempting but I declined and suggested that we get together today. I was trying to get him to come over here but remembered he is allergic to the cats. He actually wanted me to spend the night with him but I am just not ready for that yet. I think he is moving just a little bit too fast.

Last night when I took my meds, I felt sick to my stomach,I'm not sure what that was about. I usually don't feel that way but maybe I didn't notice it because I usually smoke some good green after taking my meds. I didn't have any last night. I went to bed feeling terrible.

I have to walk over to my ASO by 4 to have my tb shot read. From what I can see nothing has happened. I wish they could just take my word for it because I really don't feel like walking over there but if I don't, I will have to take the test again. Not that I mind...*sighs*

I am hearing about everyone getting sick from this new flu running around. I hope I don't catch it but what is the point of me getting flu shots if it doesn't cover the type of flu that is going around? It seems like a waste to me. I hope everyone has a good friday and behave yourselves. If I don't hook up with Kevin then I will just be around the house playing my games.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 05:57:58 pm »
Good evening:

Well, I went to my dad's today to do his shopping and (as usual) I had to have him cut down his list.  He had too many things on there compared to what he gives me money wise to cover it.  And we've had this conversation before and I told him to save his receipts and look at them when he makes out his new grocery lists.  He wanted me to "cover it" and he would make up the difference.  Now, when I covered it before, he never made up the difference.  I told him that I go to a food pantry 3-4 times a month because I have a hard time covering food for me, and I don't have the money to purchase food for anyone else.  So, we cut it down.  He also wanted me to run him around and I told him I couldn't; that I didn't feel good and I wanted to get home.  I really wanted to tell him about how my gigantic car eats gas and even moreso because of the rings in it being bad. (burns more oil, hence more gas).  But I didn't.  He argued for a few minutes, then saw he wasn't going to win.  Anyway.........

I want to write another paper for my social psych course this weekend.  I have four papers that are due between the two courses and there's only three more weeks of school left before I change classes.  Time goes by so fast.  I think I also wrote awhlie back that I was planning on attending Indiana's state Narcotics Anonymous convention the first weekend of March.  Well, that's not going to work out.  I would have to pay my share of the cost of the hotel room, which is $25.  The registration is $25.  And I would have to pay for my meals.  So, I'm not going to be able to afford it.  It's disappointing, really disappointing.  But I suppose I'll live.  Have a good one.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 06:25:52 pm »
Hi all,
Friday! Friday! Friday!  I don't know why I am excited I am not doing anything fun this weekend, I think I am just happy I don't have to set my alarm in the morning. 
My older son stayed home sick again today from school.  I took him to the doc for 1 and because he had some back pain they made him pee in a cup.  The intial test came back that there was blood in his urine so they are sending it out for more tests and I won't hear anything till Tuesday.  She said that blood sometimes shows up if they have strep so hopefully that is what it is.  He was questioning me on the way home of why I named him what I did and I explained and then he tells me I should have named him 50 cent or Chris Brown.  I laughed and told him he has to become his own 50 cent or Chris Brown.  Kids say the funniest things.  Last night, I kept asking one of the trip   lets what he was watching because I thought it was so cute how he said it.  He was watching "Star Whores"  otherwise known as Star Wars :)
It is supposed to snow off and on here for the next 4 or 5 days and I have to go see my family on Sunday for a get together which I am not looking forward to...at all.  If I wanted to be infront of judge and jury, I would commit a crime. 
Betty- Glad to hear your fever broke.  Sorry to hear you have to deal with all your family "stuff" 
Queen- Are ALL the dishes done yet? I hope your feeling better and things are going good with Kevin.
Moonlight- I forgot to tell you, your dog is adorable!  What kind is he?  We have 2 ankle biters that are sisters and supposedly shit zus (sp)  and 1 pit.
Hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend!
Take care, Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:57 pm »
Went to the doctor today and got my labs back. Well I'm up to 120 tcells and my viral load is still undetectable.
Since my tcells aren't above 200 they still aren't going to treat me for the H pylori "intestinal infection" because they want my tcells to be at least 200 before they treat me for the infection because I will have to stop taking my HIV meds for 2 weeks because there is some drug interaction with the H pylori meds and my hiv meds.
Instead they gave me amitriptyline "an antidepressant" that supposedly will help with the chronic intestinal pain I have. We'll see. I'm not overly thrilled with the idea of taking an antidepressant. I haven't had any good experiences so far when taking them. But I'm going to give it a shot. If it fails I'll just continue to live in pain and take Billy's hydocodone when it is real bad.

I complained again about my periods, the pain and blood clots so they changed my prescription from ortho tricyclen to ortho novum. They plan on doing a ultra sound for my intestines and uterus but God only knows when they will do it. County hospital ya know. They suggested that I have IBS "irritable bowel syndrome" again and possibly fibroids.

They don't know. They are just guessing....

This is likely too much info for some but I don't have any pooping problems I just have pain. 24 - 7

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 09:16:53 pm »
Hi GFs~

Win~ Thanks for the info on the little ones infected toe, pretty amazing how that all happens, if you ask me, but not in a good way "amazing," of course.  Sorry you're in so much pain.  I have had fibroids a few times before and they have gone away on their own.  I hope you can get to the bottom of what the underlying cause is soon.

Snow~  I saw where you lived, its my favorite part of the US, went there once in 2003.  Beautiful drive up from here.  :)  "Cheech" is an Australian Shepherd/Alaskan Spitz mix, he's 14 and just under 50 pounds.  He's mostly fluff, but such a loyal doggie!  We have been together since March 30, 1994.  Its hard to believe.  I had to put Casie Beagle down last April, so I have made sure to keep Cheech extra-happy, since his big sis is up at Rainbow Bridge.  :)

BT~  I'm glad you put your foot down as far as Dad's shopping -- good idea to suggest he save his receipts and check the prices.  Do the other siblings buy his groceries, too?  I know this must be very tough for you.  Do you think your brother's email will help to get your Dad into a care facility?  I guess he's (Dad) the one saying "no" while all the rest of you know its for the best.  *sigh*  I wish something would give to help him out more.

Queen~  That flu is going around here, too, esp with the people I work with.  They come into work and say their kids have it.  I am so afraid they'll pass it on to me, even if they don't get really sick from it themselves, you know?  Every season a flu vaccine is made up with the hope that it will combat against whatever strain(s) will be out later in the winter.  We always risk the chance of having that one strain (or more) that is resistant to the vaccine, like the one that "got through" and we can all get sick.  Just because you get the flu shot is never a guarantee that you won't get the flu, but think how bad it would be if you didn't get the shot.  You'd be even more susceptible.  So, Kev wanted some action?  Way to hold back, GF.  I know its killing you.  :D

I am at Iceman's house, this is the first time I have been able to relax all day.  I went to group straight from work, I was so tired, though.  I am going to turn on the Caps game and look for Iceman in the stands, lol.  :D  He's ten rows behind the team's bench. 

Have a good weekend!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:18:52 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.