Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:08:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LT #60: All who wander are not lost  (Read 47508 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: LT #60: All who wander are not lost
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 04:38:41 pm »
Hi GFs~

I will post more later, but wanted to let you know that I gave some dating advice to Triyn' in another thread here  (in Positive Women).  Betty suggested I go tell what I had been through, so I did.  I haven't seen Tryin' sign back in, for a few days now, but Tendai, I thought the advice might be helpful to you as well.  

Girl, you owe it to yourself to be CHOOSY.   There will always be more men.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not.  LOL  We don't have one and it drives us nuts.  We have one and HE drives us nuts, lol!   :D

Happy Friday with no ankle-biters tonight!  Oh the JOY of a quiet home.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Edited to add:  Tendai, I see you already read the other thread and posted.  Ribbit.   ;D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:40:57 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 09:11:58 pm »
Queen, honey, I have to have the wrinkle cream.  I really don't know that it's going to slow down the aging process, but otherwise my face would be very dry.  So, hopefully it works for something.

Cristy, when will you be moving?  I'm happy for you. 

Tendai, you go girl!  You just set your own standards and keep 'em high.  That's the way to be.

Cin, I hope you have a good Friday evening.

Not much with me today.  I went to the Farmer's Market this morning, because strawberries are in season and I had to get some.  Then I went to see my grandkids' swimming lessons.  My granddaughter does pretty good using different strokes to go back and forth across 1/2 the pool.  My grandson, who's five (and tiny), jumped off the board in the deep end, using an empty jug for floating help.  He said next week he's going to jump off without the jug.  Then the "mom" took us all out to I-Hop (which is a place I love).   Tomorrow I'm supposed to be going to Ft. Wayne for an NA convention.  We're only going for one day, because of the expense. It's held at a hotel, and who on disability can afford a hotel for the weekend, plus the cost of the convention?  Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.  You all have a good night.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 10:20:50 pm »
I been meaning to peep at that thread. But you are a dating success story, Cindy. So, are all the ladies who have men. Especially if you got some time invested. Better to be with the devil you know than the one you don't. Plus dating these days is hard even if you aren't infected. It took me 40 years to find a good man.... ;D

Tendai--I keep forgetting you are behind in wrestling. I won't say anything other than be prepared for a few surprises. Yeah, I was surprised when Umaga starting talking. Remember when he had that Alonzo dude or whatever his name was as his manager. But then I remember Umaga when he first started in wresting as Rosie with Rikishi and then with the Hurricane. Remember that?

Betty--Have you tried things such an oatmeal mask or cucumbers on the eyes? I always wondered if that stuff really works. I bought some strawberries, cherries,plums, and avacados this month at the market. I am trying to be better about what I eat. Though I don't think I eat bad now. And I don't know how to count calories or the carb thing. I didn't buy an Pepsi but instead got ruby red grapefruit juice. Since the bf says it burns body fat. I guess he should know being the gym rat he is. I also go Diet Dr. Pepper, and diet green tea.

That's about it for me, just counting the days. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2009, 08:43:20 am »
Queen, years ago, I used to mix oatmeal with something like, honey I believe it was, and something else, like maybe witch hazel, (wish I could remember exactly what that was) and used that as a mask.  And it worked pretty good.  Of course, that was years ago, and now is different.  I have used cucumbers (ice cold ones) on my eyes before, and they do take down puffiness.       I like diet Dr. Pepper also.  I only drink diet stuff, unless my blood sugar crashes really bad, then I drink a regular soda to get my sugar back up.  I try to be good about what I eat also, but sometimes it's really hard.  Like yesterday, I bought a bag of spice drops at K-Mart, even though I know they're just like sugar bombs.  I ate a bunch of them yesterday, then of course got pissed off at myself, 'cause I don't like how I feel when I have high blood sugar.       

I'm going to get ready to go to Ft. Wayne.  You all have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline vivyt

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2009, 11:19:13 am »
Hello everyone! I have been gone for what seems like forever. I was just way TOO busy with the last week of school stuff. I caught up with everyone's posts  :). There just is no way I could comment on it all...hope no one is offended.

Thursday was the last day with the kids. Since our school ends at 5th grade we have a "promotion" and a play day. Friday the staff meets for breakfast and then we have to pack up our rooms and get checked out by the principal. You would not believe the amount of paperwork there is. When did teaching become about being a secretary? Anyways...everything is done and my summer vacation has officially begun. I am a little worried though about money. There is no summer school due to budget cuts and now I need a job.  :)

That's about all that's going on. Talk to you all later!

Offline camille07

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2009, 05:26:06 pm »
Viv-  I would think just the opposite...less paper these days. For one thing report cards.  My friends and I think its so funny when they send out their kid's report cards via email.  Back in the day, we would wait for the mail man and intercept the report cards before our folks got to them.  Good times.  Gave us a buffer especially if they were sent out right before the weekend we could hold onto them until after the weekend if there was a possibility of being grounded.

Tend-  I like the quote "Life begins at 40"! I'm sticking with it :)

Christy- Does your mom sell the honey and combs?  How many bee hives does she have?  Bees really  are fascinating.

I 'm posting a shot from the beach yesterday.  Colors were really vibrant.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 07:32:34 am »
Good morning!  We finally made it home last night around 6pm.  By 7:30, we'd had supper and everything was unpacked and put away.  Where we stay there are washers / dryers in the room, so the only dirty clothes we brought home were the ones we were wearing.  I got those into the washer last night after everyone had a bath.  It's good to be home, but a bit overwhelming being faced with everything that needs to be done - and already the middle of June!

I came home last night to a message from Health Access "reminding" me that I have an appointment on Monday (as in tomorrow) at 1:30p.  It's a good thing they called since I had no idea about the appointment.  I'm sure they sent out a card, but we had our mail held and won't pick it up until tomorrow.  Hopefully the doctor can get to the bottom of my lung issues.  They are better, but far from resolved.

Andrea, I hear you about the paperwork.  Here we have until June 30 to get everything in to the school board.  I usually have it done by now, but I've not even started.  It is definately on the top of my priority list.

Queen, I'm glad things are working out for you, albeit slow.  Seems that's always the way it works: hurry up and wait.

Betty, how's your daughter doing?  Do you have a baby yet?  She's due any day now, right?

My oldest is turning 12 on Thursday and I'm not quite ready to have a 12 yr old.  Seems like yesterday I was crying as he turned 5, then again when he hit double digits.  In a blink of an eye, I'll have a teenager.  I'm REALLY not ready for that.

That's all for today.  Hope everyone is having a good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 09:19:26 am »
OK, first of all, my daughter had the baby yesterday.  A girl, weighing 7 lbs, 1/2 oz and 19 inches long.  I was in Ft. Wayne for an NA thing, and when I got home, I had like 5 messages from my daughter.  So, I called.  She went into labor yesterday morning at 9:00, and had the baby around 2:00 in the afternoon.  She didn't require stitches with this one.  She's very happy, and she said the father's in love with the baby, so that makes me happy.  so YIPPEE!  I so wish I was there.  I already sent a box of stuff, but now, of course, I'm going to have to buy more.  My daughter said they need baby toys, so baby toy shopping I shall go.  :)

Andrea, good luck finding a summer job.  Are you glad school's over for another summer?

Camms, really nice pic of the beach.

Mum, good luck with the Health Access appointment.  This is for your medical coverage, correct?  And you didn't really say how things went at the beach.  Everything come out alright?

So yeah, yesterday I went to Ft. Wayne, which is about an hour and 1/2 away from where I live.  NA had a convention.  One of the workshops I was in was entitled "women's rap." One of the speakers was from Detroit and was inspiring.  She said when she came in the program, she only had a 6th grade education.  Now she's working on her master's to become a probation officer.  I heard a few good speakers yesterday.  I didn't get home until after midnight, and of course, came home to exciting news.  I need to take a shower and head over to my church.  I called the pastor and let her know I wouldn't be there for services, because of getting home so late.  They're having a potluck, though, and the pastor said they wanted all the recent graduates there, probably for a cake or something.  So, I'm going to take a shower and head over.  I hope you all have a good Sunday.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2009, 01:13:18 pm »
Not much going on with me. A little worried about my man because of drama going on with the daughter which is stressing him out. It's not stressing me but I am trying to be the voice of reason. With so many emotions running rampant over there, no one is thinking logically. Especially the daughter but she is 18 so what do you expect. *shrugs* I just don't want the stress to get my man sick. He knows what stress does to us.

Betty- Congrats on another grandchild.
Mum---Welcome Back. There's no place like home, eh?

That's it for me. Have a good one everybody
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2009, 06:44:46 pm »
Hi GFs~

Betty, congrats on the little one!

Queen, I would stay back from the drama, hopefully things will cool down before you get back to NY.

I am bummed cause Ice left for a business trip today, so its me and Cheech for a week.  I get to watch Ice's youngest Friday night and I'm hoping she won't misbehave.  She's a pretty good kid, buts she's gone outside before without asking, and she's just too young to do that.  A lot of people speed up the street and its mostly ankle-biters around here, age 5 and under.

Ice will return on Saturday night but I am so bored without him.  He's on a plane right now.  I have been watching TV all day and enjoying the place all to myself, but I miss my man.

Time to get ready for the work week.  Oh, Camms, did you have your procedure done on Friday?  How are you feeling?  Where has Wendy been?

~ Cindy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:46 pm »
Hey everyone!  :)

Betty- Congratulations!

Queen- I hope the drama dies down.

Well, I went to a birthday party for a little girl I am supposed to start babysitting. It was nice. That is about all that I did. It feels so nice to not have to worry about going to work tomorrow.

Talk to you later!
Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2009, 11:55:01 pm »
Betty, congrats on the new grandbaby!  PM me her name, if you don't mind.  BTW, I fixed the web addy in my sig line, if you want to try again.  Thanks for letting me know. 

The beach was the beach: way too hot, way too sandy. I did wade ankle-deep into the water to rinse off the toys. We spent Wednesday at Busch Gardens and that was a lot of fun.  There was an accident in the tunnel so we were stuck in stand-still traffic for an hour until crews were able to clear it out.  It was funny to watch everyone go from standing / walking around talking to their "neighbors" one second, then making a mad dash back to their cars when things started moving again. 

Next year we're planning on only staying at the beach for 3 days, then driving over to DC and staying there for 3 days.  The kids will be old enough to enjoy and appreciate all of the museums and history.  We hope to book a tour of the White House.  But, that's next year.

Betty, yes, Health Access is my new medical coverage.  I have an appointment tomorrow to see a doctor who'll then decide where to send me for my lungs.  I just want to breathe normally again.  Hopefully I can come on with some good news for once.

Here's to a wonderful Monday!

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:56 am »
Good morning ladies. Not much going on here. Getting ready to go to Greensboro and get some stuff done.                                                       Betty, Congratulations on the birth of your new Granddaughter. I am happy things went well.                                                                       Minismum, Welcome home.                                                                                   Hope everyone has a good day.   Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2009, 06:01:21 am »
Morning all,

Queen, well, you know how teen-agers are, especially girls.  Like others have said, I hope the drama's over before you go back.

Cin, I know you'll do fine watching the youngster.  Do you have anything planned?

Andrea, when do you start the babysitting?

Mum, going to DC sounds fun, and interesting.  I've never been.  I hope your appointment goes well today at the doctor's. Please let us know what he says.

Cristy, good to hear from you.

Well, today I start the temporary job.  I hope I do well and don't screw anything up.  I talked to my daughter yesterday evening.  They were discharging her and the baby.  I don't know that I like the fact that they discharge women who just have babies so soon these days.  I liked it better like when I had my daughter, when they kept women and babies in for a few days (and gave women the chance to rest up a bit).  But, my daughter seemed alright with everything.  I did hear the baby fussing for a minute.  I so wish I was there.  Hopefully my daughter will send a picture soon.        Nothing else going on.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:56 am »
Betty, when our youngest son was born, I was released 24hrs later but they wouldn't release the him because it was snowing.  So, we went home the next day.  I THOUGHT I wanted to be home until I got there.  Then, all I kept thinking was how much I really wished I was still in the hospital. 

I didn't sleep good last night - coughed nearly all of it.  I'm back to having to use my rescue inhaler, do breathing treatments, pop Zertec-D twice a day, and down Robitussin CF every 4 hours.  Even with all that I'm still doubling over or grabbing something to steady myself while trying to take in a deep breath.  This so totally sucks.  I wish my appointment was earlier.

Last night I brought food to a friend who had emergency surgery last Thursday.  I brought my girls and planned on only staying for a few minutes. When we got there, I asked her if there was anything I could do.  She said, just sit and talk to her, which I gladly did.  Before I knew it, it was 9:30 and we'd been there over 3 hours!  Greatfully, Hubby didn't mind.  He'd taken the boys to the Rail-Trails and picked up trash, brought them home, got them bathed, and into bed.  He was glad we had a good time.

I'll pop on later and let you know what the doctor found out today and what my next step is.  Make it good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:12 am »
Hey Girls,
CAMMS-  Happy belated bday! dont worry about 40, I am 51 and my dh is only 47! age is just a number!
BETTY congrats on the new grandbaby!!!!
QUEEN- I am so happy for you, hey I waited till age 51 to find a good man!! loll
I know how you feel, the wait is miserable, I remember talking to my dh on the phone hours every day and nite! till he got here.
CJ hope your move goes smoothly, nothing like having your own. does your mum sell honey? must be interesting, did you see the movie" secret life of bees" its on dvd now.
VIVT- hope you enjoy your vacation , try and have some fun!
MUM- hope your doc appt goes well and you feel better soon

Well I am glad my dgd is better, just has to watch what she eats.
I have been busy going in circles, trying to pack and rest at the same time, it is in the 90s here!
yesterday I cooked eggplant parmagian and it was great! everyone loved it!

well  I am feeling better, not taking any stomach meds except my nexium and watching my diet, I am also trying to eat healthy, bought a juicer and its great!
hope all is well, luv netta
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:30:17 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline camille07

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2009, 03:12:13 pm »
Hey ladies-

Cin-  I'm having my procedure done this Thursday.  I'm done with all the pre testing.  Can't wait to have this done with and in my past.

Betty-  Congratulation on the your grand child!

Mum-  That was nice of you to see you friend last minute especially during your busy schedule.  Wishing your friend a speedy recovery.  sounds like you had a very rich trip with lots to do with the family.  I love DC.  One of my favorite things was a "living" butterfly installation in the museum of natural history.

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 05:29:01 pm »
Back from the doctor and finally some good news.  First, I'm scheduled to have a pulminary function test on Monday at 3:00.  That will check for asthma and give a better picture of how my lungs function with and without meds. 

I was sent home with 6 days of Prednisone (1 pill / 1x day), Advair (twice / day), Singulair (1x/day), and another inhaler.  Our goal is to get me to need my rescue inhaler no more than twice a week.  Right now I'm needing it 3 or 4 times / day.  The doctor said that I'd probably always have to take the Advair and Singulair.  Small price to pay for breathing if you ask me.

I'm going to my Yoga class tonight.  I haven't been so far this summer because of our vacations and the kids' baseball games.  I'm looking forward to it.  I've taken my Prednisone, 1 dose of Advair, and 1 dose of the inhaler - I'm feeling REALLY good right now  8).

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get our rock garden finished, my flowers planted, and veggies in the ground.  It's supposed to rain on Wed. and things always grow better with rain water.  Other than that and the laundry, nothing exciting going on here.

Have a great afternoon!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 06:54:45 pm »
Well, I am a bit bitchy today. Just a few little things that irritated me. First off, I got an application for an apartment on Saturday. In it it said that the envelope had to be post dated the 14th which was Sunday. I'm wondering how that is possible when the Post Office is closed. So, my plan was to rush to get a stamp this morning so the postman could pick it up this afternoon. The damn man left my sister her mail but didn't take the envelope....grrrrrr. And I had already miss the pic up for the closest mailbox to me.

Then on top of that, I get a call from my clinic nurse saying that the lab didn't draw enough blood for a cbc, whatever that is. Lately the damn lab is always forgetting something when I go there. The bright side, I could get my envelope dropped at the Post Office since it is on the way to the lab. Get to the lab and they have to draw 2 more vials of my blood for some extra tests. What extra tests? I sure as hell am going to find out at my appointment on Wednesday.

The drama with my man's daughter has died out. But she really trips me out cause her father has her best interest at heart but she prefers to listen to everyone but him. And he has found out that she has been keeping things from him. I keep my distance from it all but I hate to see him upset. And every time he decides to just step back from it all. That's when she draws him in with her and her bf's bullshit. But for the moment things are calm again. He's bored out his mind because he doesn't have cable or the internet yet. I think he will by Wednesday. So, all he is doing is unpacking and sleeping. I miss him like crazy, it's about 16 days and counting.

Mum--Glad you are finally taking something that is helping you. I couldn't imagine going through that. I just developed allergies a few years ago and that drives me nuts.

Netta- I love eggplant but don't know how to cook it. Glad the baby is feeling better.

It seems like 3 of us are moving. I haven't started packing yet but will when I get back. Does anyone know anything about moving companies? I really don't want to leave anything behind and would rather put it in storage in NY.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 07:03:45 pm »
Netta, I absolutely love eggplant parm.  It sounds so good.

Camms, I'll sure be thinking about you Thursday.

Mum, I'm so glad you have a regimen that seems to be working. 

Queen, I'm glad the drama's over with your bf's daughter.  I don't blame you for wanting to know what the extra tests are.  I sure would find out also.

I just wanted to come and chat for a minute.  My first day went well.  There was this lady who came in, needed help with her gas.  She has 6 or 7 kids and gets $1,100 (yes, eleven-hundred) a month in food stamps.  I've never heard of that amount.  I mean, I'm sure she needs it with all those kids, but wow.  Anyway, you all have a good one.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 07:52:06 pm »
CBC stands for complete blood count. Being positive, we've all had them and good docs want to monitor you periodically this way. I looked at several full-length explanations and copied the following portion. While it's a pain the neck to go back for another draw, it's worth it to get your cbc done if you've not had one done in a while. I just had one last week. Ask for a printout and it will contain where you fall in the range of acceptable (or not).You may want to call the office and find out if you could fast starting at midnight so they can add a lipids profile while they're at it. It's worth it to get all of this done at the same time. Your doc might have to add that to your labs scrip.

Formal name: Complete Blood Count
Related tests: Blood smear, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, Red blood cell (RBC) count, White blood cell (WBC) count, White blood cell differential count, Platelet count 

How is it used?
The CBC is used as a broad screening test to check for such disorders as anemia, infection, and many other diseases. It is actually a panel of tests that examines different parts of the blood and includes the following:

White blood cell (WBC) count is a count of the actual number of white blood cells per volume of blood. Both increases and decreases can be significant.
White blood cell differential looks at the types of white blood cells present. There are five different types of white blood cells, each with its own function in protecting us from infection. The differential classifies a person's white blood cells into each type: neutrophils (also known as segs, PMNs, granulocytes, grans), lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils.
Red blood cell (RBC) count is a count of the actual number of red blood cells per volume of blood. Both increases and decreases can point to abnormal conditions.
Hemoglobin measures the amount of oxygen-carrying protein in the blood.
Hematocrit measures the percentage of red blood cells in a given volume of whole blood.
The platelet count is the number of platelets in a given volume of blood. Both increases and decreases can point to abnormal conditions of excess bleeding or clotting. Mean platelet volume (MPV) is a machine-calculated measurement of the average size of your platelets. New platelets are larger, and an increased MPV occurs when increased numbers of platelets are being produced. MPV gives your doctor information about platelet production in your bone marrow.
Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) is a measurement of the average size of your RBCs. The MCV is elevated when your RBCs are larger than normal (macrocytic), for example in anemia caused by vitamin B12 deficiency. When the MCV is decreased, your RBCs are smaller than normal (microcytic) as is seen in iron deficiency anemia or thalassemias.
Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH) is a calculation of the average amount of oxygen-carrying hemoglobin inside a red blood cell. Macrocytic RBCs are large so tend to have a higher MCH, while microcytic red cells would have a lower value.
Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC) is a calculation of the average concentration of hemoglobin inside a red cell. Decreased MCHC values (hypochromia) are seen in conditions where the hemoglobin is abnormally diluted inside the red cells, such as in iron deficiency anemia and in thalassemia. Increased MCHC values (hyperchromia) are seen in conditions where the hemoglobin is abnormally concentrated inside the red cells, such as in burn patients and hereditary spherocytosis, a relatively rare congenital disorder.
Red cell distribution width (RDW) is a calculation of the variation in the size of your RBCs. In some anemias, such as pernicious anemia, the amount of variation (anisocytosis) in RBC size (along with variation in shape – poikilocytosis) causes an increase in the RDW.

When is it ordered?
The CBC is a very common test. Many patients will have baseline CBC tests to help determine their general health status. If they are healthy and they have cell populations that are within normal limits, then they may not require another CBC until their health status changes or until their doctor feels that it is necessary.
If a patient is having symptoms such as fatigue or weakness or has an infection, inflammation, bruising, or bleeding, then the doctor may order a CBC to help diagnose the cause. Significant increases in WBCs may help confirm that an infection is present and suggest the need for further testing to identify its cause. Decreases in the number of RBCs (anemia) can be further evaluated by changes in size or shape of the RBCs to help determine if the cause might be decreased production, increased loss, or increased destruction of RBCs. A platelet count that is low or extremely high may confirm the cause of excessive bleeding or clotting and can also be associated with diseases of the bone marrow such as leukemia.

Many conditions will result in increases or decreases in the cell populations. Some of these conditions may require treatment, while others will resolve on their own. Some diseases, such as cancer (and chemotherapy treatment), can affect bone marrow production of cells, increasing the production of one cell at the expense of others or decreasing overall cell production. Some medications can decrease WBC counts while some vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause anemia. The CBC test may be ordered by the doctor on a regular basis to monitor these conditions and drug treatments.

What does the test result mean?
NOTE: This test has no single number that identifies an abnormal result. Your lab report (see a sample report) should include a range of numbers (reference range) that identifies what is expected for you based on your age, sex, and the method used in that laboratory. You can find more information about expected results at Reference Ranges and What They Mean. Lab Tests Online strongly recommends that you discuss the meaning of your test results with your doctor.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:25 pm »
Hello!

Netta- I made eggplant Parmesan once and I really liked it. The only bad thing is that it takes a few steps.

Betty- I'm glad you had a good first day.  :)

Mum- It doesn't sound like your trip was that bad. Is it that you don't like the beach? I think that kids would enjoy D.C. I have only been once and really enjoyed myself.

Queen- I'm glad that drama is over. You know how us women can be...LOL! Especially at 18.

Camms- Somehow I missed your birthday....sorry....Happy Birthday!

Well today I started "summer cleaning". I am going to start with one room at a time. I cleaned out my closet and took 3 bags of clothes, shoes, purses, and hats to the Goodwill. I rearranged my shoes and all the other stuff. Tomorrow I have to go to a training for a writing program at school. Unfortunately we are not getting paid due to all the budget cuts and financial problems here in California. I should be starting my babysitting sometime this week which will give me something to do.

That's all for me. Have a good night!
Andrea

Offline missy

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 09:33:23 pm »
Hey Gfs
I fell kind of lost since I am new here.  Thanks for welcoming me. Just working and trying to get my life back in order.  I lost my husband last year and things have been turned upside down. Just reading the threads and listening to all of you have made me realize there is life  and hope out there.  I have been poz for 6 years but being married to a poz man (the love of my life) I didn't think outside my world.  What an eye opener.

Be happy, Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 10:35:12 pm »
Welcome to the threads, Mary!  I lost my husband to the virus as well, 13 years ago this summer.  I just feel like I am starting my life again.  I wish I had had more courage to push myself sooner, to get back into life, you know?  Now that I've met Ice, I feel like I want so much more time with him, its a precious thing.

My meds are kicking so this will be short, but Queen I used to work for Allied Van Lines.   ;D  To save money, pack everything yourself if you can, or maybe go 50/50 if you're worried about really fragile items.  Best thing to do is to get 3-4 estimates, shop around!  Shop fast, too, cause summer is when everyone is moving.  You may find a great company and get a good deal only to find they are booked until later than your move date.

Its tough with moving companies, you'll get what you pay for, but its very expensive.  You might want to try a middle of the road mover to save money, who is still able to move the long distance that you're going.  Its not like you just need the "Ma and Pa" movers to get you to the other side of the county, you know?

I did the international moving for DC at Allied, had to see how much people could cram into a 20' or 40' sea container, and if they wanted their car to go in it or not.  Good luck, GF, but start getting estimates, with and without packing included, NOW.

Oh and start throwing out all of that stuff in the back of your closet, it'll save you hundreds!   :D

Sustiva buzzzzzzzzzzzz....ooooooooooooooO :o

Nighty night.  

~Cindy
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:10:51 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2009, 06:01:30 am »
Mary, welcome to our women's familiy!  We're pretty tight here, and I just know you'll fit right in.  Just talk about whatever you like, ask questions, make comments, etc.  I'm glad you found us.

Andrea, mum and family didn't go to DC this year.  They went to some beach.  She was talking about going to DC next year.  Anyway, good luck with the baby-sitting. 

Cin, I hope you got a good night's sleep.

That's all I really wanted to say.  Everyone have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 07:00:28 am »
Good morning and welcome Mary!  Just jump on in with whatever is on your mind.  It took me some getting used to, but it's not that hard. 

Andrea, yep, I don't like the beach.  In reality, I quite loathe it.  I'm not one who enjoys sitting in the hot sun with my feet stuck in the sand (hate sand) and just watching the waves makes me seasick.  I love going in the pools, though.  But, my mom's grandparents took my mom's family to the beach when she was growing up and she loved it.  This is a summer tradition she and my dad wanted to do, so I keep my mouth shut and we go. Next year we'll break it up going to the beach for 3 days and DC for 3 days.  I'm hoping we go out of season, again.  We usually go in September after Labor Day when things are cheaper and no one else is around.  Plus, it's not as hot.

Queen, could you rent a U-Haul and move everything yourself?  I've never paid a mover, but I bet it won't be cheap.  When my grandparents moved up here, they paid movers who promisd to have there stuff at their apartment by a certain date, were nearly a week late, and had dropped off some of their boxes at someone else's house they were moving at the same time.  Took forever to get those back.

Our youngest has her hearing appointment at 8:30 this morning.  I'll have to wake her up in about 5 minutes so she can eat and get bathed.  My class last night was nice - lots of stretching and balancing, real low-impact.

Make it a good Tuesday, ladies.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 08:38:07 am »
Good Morning everyone,

Just dropped in to tell Mary welcome. 

Nothing exciting going on with me. Just been lurking in the forums. I have to go to the dr tomrrow for my labs.  Nothing else besides that but work and more work.

tendai

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 09:19:57 am »
woo, this guy came to my office today. he was asking me out a few months ago and i wasnt interested then. so he shows up today ' oh i just wanted to see how u're doing'.  im going to call him.  i dont have the 'run-away screaming ' reaction i was having recently towards guys.

mary - hie and welcome! :-*

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2009, 12:49:23 pm »
Cindy--Thanks for the information. I plan on going through the house today and getting rid of stuff. Garbage day is tomorrow. Yeah, I figured I needed to get started now with getting info from moving companies. Thanks for the info.

Mum-- I thought about U-Haul and driving but I think they charge you for mileage and gas. It's also an 11 hour drive. I have never driven that long. Most likely I would end up getting lost even with Mapquest directions.. :D Plus New Yorkers drive like maniacs. And I have never driven a truck before. I know what you mean about beaches. I don't like them either and you never know what kind of crap is in the water.

Tendai---I am confused on the guys, lady. Didn't you just reject someone last week? Girl, you got a real shocker in wrestling next week. I think you are a week behind, there's a 3-hour show coming up. It was on last night here. But I am not going to give anything away.

I am a bit bummed. My cd4 dropped and I have a viral load of 439 but my percentage went up from 23 to 24 percent. I'm taking my meds. The nurse says it's the precentage that the doctor worries about. I haven't been sick or anything but my sugar has been wild lately. And I have given up drinking Pepsi. And other things are getting to me around here also. I am trying to keep it all in perspective But honestly, I didn't even want to get out the bed today.

Welcome Mary and Welcome back Missy..

Keeping--Good to hear from you. How is things? You have been quiet.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2009, 05:47:08 pm »
Look what I did today!

He IS the BEST!!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/photostory.faces?siteId=3&storyTag=fw0ka6hp1ry4u1kbu1kh2

If they only knew I was dealing with a lot more than just being widowed.

I have come a long way, and my dog is an angel!   ;D

Offline missy

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2009, 07:59:43 pm »
Hey GFs thanks for the big welcome!! It makes me fell good to know I can just talk and don't have to hide being poz.

Cindy, the dog is adorable. I have two little ones a shitzu and a poodle I got them both from the SPCA. They gave me love when I was all alone and make me smile every day.

I am taking vacation next week and unlike some I love to go to the beach, I guess it steams from being born and raised in CA. It will be so good to be away from work for a week.

Gotta run talk to all later.   Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33:18 pm »
Look what I did today!

He IS the BEST!!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/photostory.faces?siteId=3&storyTag=fw0ka6hp1ry4u1kbu1kh2

If they only knew I was dealing with a lot more than just being widowed.

I have come a long way, and my dog is an angel!   ;D

Cin, I do the click thing on this site every day.  I'm also voting for a local animal shelter (where I got my kitty) to get the weekly prize.  What a nice story about Cheech. :)

tendai

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 07:26:37 am »
queen - i did say no to a guy who was asking me out. believe me it was a disaster waiting to happen. apart from the age difference (11 years) we are like from totally different worlds.  this new guy (mike) asked me out when i still with mr-out-of-town so i didnt even consider going out with him then. he's about my age but im not getting my hopes up too much though.
i'm thinking the wrestlings going to be this weekend. i'l be going to my aunt's so we can all scream and yell together with the others. u should see my mom watching wrestling, she'd jump up and down if she could. i cant wait! i wish Vicky would get into the ring and get her ass whooped in a match.
i hope you're feeling better. maybe its just a blip in your CD4

cindy - i read your article. they dont call dogs '(wo)man's best friend' for nothing, hey. how old is cheech in dog years?

betty - u've started the temporary job, right? hows it going so far? liking it?

mary - u lucky thing you, what i'd give for a week's vacation right now...

i saw mike yesterday. we hung out at his place with a friend of his so we didnt get to talk much. dont know if i'l see him today.maybe he'll call, maybe i'll call. he sent me a weird message apologising for what he said last night and how he hadnt warned me. im not sure what he means exactly, maybe its that he introduced me as his girlfriend already (which i hate so early in the day we're not there yet..) Guys around here think that if you smile them or are polite to them then u're an item already. what happened to getting to know someone first?

keeping - good luck with the labwork!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 05:43:04 pm »
Tendai, I do like the job.  There are so many people right now in need of help, in danger of being evicted, having their lights turned off, or heat etc.   But, I like helping people. 

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2009, 06:04:24 pm »
OK, so Cheech is about 108 in dog years.  I just got home to let him out.  He has to stay in for about 11 hours a day, and he never messes.  Good doggie!

It is 60 degrees and spritzing here, and I like it.  I'm not looking forward to a 90-degree weekend, lol.

I'm kicking butt at work still and got to see some of the properties we manage today.  It was nice to get out of the office.  

Not much else going on, I think I'll call my insurance and ask about my labwork again.  I keep thinking there will be some uncovered charge if I get it drawn at the doc's office.

Ice is still out of town, sending the hot air this way.  Its 91 degrees where he is now and its supposed to get up to 97 tomorrow, with a heat index of 102.  I might need to invest in a slip'n'slide or inflatible pool here for the summer.  That might be fun, lol.   8)

~Cindy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:49:04 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2009, 08:13:31 pm »
Hey Ladies!

Missy- Hello and Welcome! :) I've said it before and I'll say it again, these ladies here are wonerful. I don't know what I would do without them. Where in California are you from? I live in Orange County.

Tendai- I would love for some man trouble to come my way

Cindy- I click on the pet food thing all the time. How did you get Cheech on the website?

Betty- So the job is going ok?

Queen- Moving is such a pain! Have you found a place yet? So exciting!

Well, this is only my 2nd official day of nothing and I am bored. I have been to the library twice and I will probably be spending a lot of time there. It's nice to have the time to read. Maybe I'll even get to read some adult books...LOL! The sun finally decided to come out and we are getting some summer weather.  ;D I just love it!

That's all today!
Andrea

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:32 pm »
Hi Andrea~

I was reading the pet spotlight on the home page and in the top of the box it said "Read more stories!"

The next page says "Share Your Story" in big letters.  You have to shrink a pic down to a very small size, but they put your story up immediately.  Its pretty cool!

~Cindy

(Cheech last Christmas....  :D)

[attachment deleted by admin]

tendai

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:47 am »
andrea -  you live in the OC! is it like on the show The OC all the rich folks and stuff? i got the DVDs but i havent finished watching them, i'm finding myself hating Marissa so much i wish i could shake her.  I was complaining to a male friend of mine about men and how difficult it was to get a good one. he proceeded to tell me that i should get a make-over. 'guys like hot-looking babes, u're hot but u dont dress like it etc etc"  ::) Ugh. i havent taken his advice to dress like a ho though. what i did listen to was to go out more, he said ' they're not going to come knocking on your door, go out and find them" Sounded like a lot of effort and fuss though.

cindy - whoa, cheech is a wise old dog! we're in the middle of winter , the sun's shining but theres this chilly wind blowing so i dont even know what to do. when i switch on the heater it gets too hot, when i switch it off the cold wind gets me thru the window.. wish i was in bed smothered in blankets

betty - im glad u're enjoying your job, must be fulfilling huh..

mike and i went for a movie last night. he brought a friend :P. but he didnt sit with us though.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 06:03:00 am »
Cin, I can picture you and Cheech on the slip-n-slide.  I bet you all would have fun (Ice included, of course).

Andrea, when do you start your baby-sitting job?  I bet you'll go through a lot of books this summer. 

Tendai, Mike isn't mr. out of town, right?  He's the one who came back in the office?  I think that's great.  That guy who told you you don't dress right or whatever, is just projecting what he thinks women ought to look like to please him.  Screw that.  I'm glad you're you.

I do like the job I'm doing.  It's helping people, listening to them about what's going on and why they're in trouble, and trying to find a solution.  And not every time can the place I'm working for help the person.  People come in for like, a shut-off notice with electricity, gas or water, or an eviction notice, or they need bus passes.  There's regulations, of course, that have to be followed.  But, helping people is what I like to do, and I'm hoping that someday I can find regular work doing that. 

My therapist is supposed to be over this afternoon, and I'm finishing step work (the 12 steps concept of recovery).  I'm on step 10.  Step 11 is going to be a hard one for me.  It's "sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."  I'm not very good when it comes to meditation and quiet time.  My mind usually starts going.  It's a new adventure I guess.            Anyway, I hope you all have a good day.

Offline Tryin2bhappy

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 12:05:07 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this so I'm kind of lost. Moonlight1114 told me about LT where everyone post different things about whats going on in their life on a day to day basis. Thanks for inviting me moonlight1114, because of you, your giving inspiration, just had to let you know again, YOUR THE BEST. .. I've been poz for 6 yrs and trying to get back and live life, stop being the house mouse that I became... So I'll be here reading the different threads to see what's going on with all the GF's that I'll have...Sooner or later...

Dee
Life is what you make of it.....

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2009, 01:18:15 pm »
Hey Dee,

I just wanted to welcome you to our women's family.  The ladies here are the best in the world.  We talk about anything we feel like..... troubles, problems, good things etc., and we support each other.

Just share whatever and whenever.  I look forward to getting to know you!
 Luv,
Betty

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2009, 06:31:31 pm »
Hi Dee!  A BIG welcome to you!  This is like the local hangout, just all of us girls sitting around talking our girl talk.  Guys aren't allowed to post here, but they can read the thread. 

BT~  You know I would kick ass on a slip'n' slide with my budda belly, lol.

Tendai~  Cheech isn't just wise, he has a bladder much bigger than mine.  Poor dog was inside for over 11 hours today and held it.  I am diabetic and have to pee all of the time.

Or maybe its the pressure of my budda belly on my bladder.  LOL

Ice comes home Saturday night, but before then, I get the kids.  OMG  OMG WHY did he do this to me?  LOL  I just want my quiet Friday night.  I can't even keep Cheech around the little one cause she's scared of him and he thinks she's an appetizer!  LOL

~Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2009, 06:57:45 am »
Cin, I have one of those bellies also.  I would just be afraid of the slip n slide 'cause of my knees.  But, I'm sure that would be fun.

Today is the last day of work for this week. I really like it, other than when we have to tell people we can't help them because of one thing or another.  Some of the stories really are heartbreaking.  Of course, I know there's scammers.  But, they usually tell on themselves.  I didn't realize how many people there are that are really, really hurting.  And it's not their fault.  It makes me extremely grateful.  You all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2009, 10:19:36 pm »
Good evening everyone!

Dee- Hi! Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

Cindy- Does Cheech have his legs crossed when you get home? LOL! Slip and slides are fun... ;D I remember those days!

Betty- You must hear so much. What's unfortunate is that there are people out there who really just need some help and the ones that take advantage or scam ruin it for those who really need it. Do you start another job or is that it?

Today I babysat and it was fine. She was a little fussy at first but got over it. It was kind of weird talking about money with my friend but I need to have some cash. I mean, I'm not a 12 year old. Anyways...I don't have a set schedule. She is going to call me when she needs me. That's about all here. Talk to you all later.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2009, 11:13:03 pm »
I am following but am not feeling too good so I am going to try to keep it short. The doc visit wasn't bad, he doesn't seemed too concerned about the drop in my cd4 or slight rise in viral load. Something about an absolute and that my percentage went up. I really don't understand half of what he is saying. I did lose eight pounds but I am dehydrated. I didn't understand that because all I am drinking is juice or crystal light. But he said something to the effect of I am peeing it out as quick as I am taking it in. That I may have to go on another type of insulin for the day time since I take mine at night. I don't mind as long as I can take the shots with a pen and not a syringe. But til I see my new pcp, he told me to start taking 56 units instead of 50. I also had a fever. Then the next day I was in bed with severe stomach cramps, I don't know what that was about. But I could barely get out of bed.

I won't need a moving company after all, just a storage place because my friend bought a little S-10 a few weeks ago. And he is willing to move my stuff to storage. I am counting the days til I go back to NY. I won't stay a month because I have to be back here to get my transfer papers from Section 8. I will start packing when I come back for that. Getting rid of some furniture ahead of time. And going to make an attempt to sell my dryer.

My rent rebate should be in on the 1st so I will be busy paying bills and getting ready to go back to NY. The 11 hour train ride is murder for me, sitting so long but I'll be able to see my Papi....

Trying--Welcome to the Hen House. Chime in when you are ready. A great group of ladies here.

Viv--Glad you like the babysitting gig.

Betty---Glad you like your job. It must suck to not be able to help sometimes. And I bet you can spot the scammers a mile off.

Cindy--Wow, Cheech is a 108, he's an O.G for sure in the dog world.

I'm going to go, this was suppose to be short and now I have a headache. Have a good weekend everyone.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2009, 07:12:47 am »
Good morning ladies! 

First, welcome Trying!  Glad you could join us.  Chime in whenever you want about whatever you want.  Nothing is off limits here.

Queen, good news about the move.  Having your friend help will certainly save you a bundle, not to mention that you're sure to get your stuff there in one piece with no worries.  I hear you about the train ride.  I have a padded behind and I still can't sit for very long without it going numb and needing to stretch my legs.

Betty, I'm glad you're enjoying your job.  I know it can be hard - wanna save the world, knowing it's impossible.  You have a wonderful heart and a caring spirit.

Andrea, I love summer time reading.  I've just finished my 6th novel - "Sail" by James Patterson.  Now I'm reading "Lincoln Lawyer" by Michael Connely.  In the evenings, it's cooler outside than it is inside, so I retire to my glider rocker on the back deck and read until I can't see anymore. 

I have to say that my meds are working beautifully.  I haven't needed my rescue inhaler since Monday morning.  Before that, I was using it up to 4 times / day.  I did cut down on my Advair to once a day, in the morning.  Taking it at night with the Singulair made me jittery and my heart rate went way up.  So far, though, so good.  I have my PFT on Monday and hopefully won't have to wait till I see the doctor in 3wks to get the results. 

Our oldest son's birthday dinner went well.  He's now officially 12, acts like he's 5, and wants to be treated like he's 20. :-\  Weather here has been hot and muggy.  Rained most of the day yesterday with more forecasted for today.  Last night we had one humdinger of a thunderstorm.  I LOVE sleeping in the rain.  Unfortunatley, our girls don't.  They camped out on our bedroom floor last night.  I just about tripped over them this morning.

No big plans today.  I need to pick up a  few things from the grocery store and rent the last disc for "24", season 1.  Watched "Taken" last night and it wasn't bad.  Tonight we'll watch "Grand Torino".  I heard it was a good movie and I LOVE Clint Eastwood.

Make it a good Saturday, everyone!

Much love,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2009, 07:48:07 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, do you like the babysitting?  And I agree, you should get paid more than a 12-year old.  About the scammers, well, the people who are working/volunteering there have done it for awhile, so they can spot scammers also.  I know some get by our radar, but not many, trust me.

Queen, I sure hope you start feeling better.  This may be overstepping my boundaries, but when I turned diabetic, my brother lectured me about my drinking of juice.  And I noticed that juice has a lot of sugar in it (more than sugar-free or "lite" drinks).  I had to cut it out.  I drink lite juices, but only a little bit in the morning.  And when my sugar gets high, I pee all the time, constantly.  I don't know if that's one of the problems with your sugar, but I know it was with mine.  Anyway, I hope the fever and cramps stop.  You sure don't need that when you're going to be going to New York soon.

Mum, I absolutely loved Gran Torino.  It's an excellent movie.  It's been raining nonstop here as well.  I've been watching the national weather, and all over the U.S., there's been tons of rain.  My sister told me her boss says it's been raining "40 days, and 40  nights."  I said in that case, we should be seeing dry land soon.

Anyway, I'm going to try to make it to the NA meeting this morning.  I have nothing going on this weekend.  I have a couple buffalo burgers (yes, real bison meat) thawing out in the frig I may cook out.  You all have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2009, 11:36:35 am »

Queen, I sure hope you start feeling better.  This may be overstepping my boundaries, but when I turned diabetic, my brother lectured me about my drinking of juice.  And I noticed that juice has a lot of sugar in it (more than sugar-free or "lite" drinks).  I had to cut it out.  I drink lite juices, but only a little bit in the morning.  And when my sugar gets high, I pee all the time, constantly.  I don't know if that's one of the problems with your sugar, but I know it was with mine.  Anyway, I hope the fever and cramps stop.  You sure don't need that when you're going to be going to New York soon.

Well, I thought the juice would be better than the Pepsi. I guess the lesser of 2 evils so to speak. I was mainly drinking Ruby Red grapefruit juice because it is said to burn fat.My sugars have been in the 200's for awhile lately. And I have been pissing like a race horse but mainly at night. I would look at the clock every time I got up. It was about every 2 hours I was running to the bathroom.Now I am just drinking Crystal Lite. I am amazed that I have been sticking with it and not buying any Pepsi. I am also wondering if the stomach cramps may have been from not drinking the Pepsi anymore.

It was storming here early this morning too. I like the rain but it makes me sleep a lot. A lot of folks here is complaining about the rain and wondering when it is going to get hot. I like it the way it is. Mum, I am fully grown and still does not like thunder. But I love lightening, it's like a light show to me. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Since it is raining, I am going to be lazy today plus I did laundry yesterday so there really isn't much to do. I will get to the dishes later. I will just play my Diner Dash and watch some movies.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2009, 04:56:30 pm »
Queen, yeah, I can't drink any kind of regular juice.  I drink Crystal Lite as well.  And when my sugar's high, getting up about every 2 hours at night to pee sounds right.  I drink diet soda also.  I try not to drink too much after 5:00, because that'll make me pee more during the night also. 

Offline minismom

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2009, 06:59:51 am »
Queen, what is Crystal Lite sweetened with?  If I'm not mistaken, it's Aspertame which could be causing your cramps.  Aspertame is hard on the liver - Mim's docs have warned against her ingesting it at all.  There are drinks out there that are sweetened with Splenda and we stick with those. Our Wal-mart carries juices made with Splenda, too. At home, I make stuff with Stevia.  It's a natural sweetener derived from the Stevia plant - no chemicals.  If you get it, make sure it's the kind with no "fillers" in it. 

Betty, we watched "Grand Torino" last night and I LOVED it!  Not the high-flying Eastwood action I was expecting, but what a beautiful story.  His charactor (and his grandma neighbor) cracked me up.  Unexpected ending, too.

Yesterday was rough on the lungs.  I ended up needing my inhaler twice and I had 2 breathing treatments.  I wound up taking my night dose of Advair and Singulair last night before bed.  I slept a lot better and I can breathe this morning.  My test is tomorrow.  I just hope being on meds doesn't mess it up - I need to know what's up.

This morning our church is having a breakfast in honor of all the fathers.  Everyone is invited.  Makes it nice because I can let the kids sleep in since I don't have to worry about feeding them before we leave.Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Tomorrow, it's all over.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.