Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:17:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Online personals for Spanish-speaking POZ people  (Read 3465 times)

Offline proudphoenix

Online personals for Spanish-speaking POZ people
« on: February 05, 2007, 02:39:46 pm »
I'm a social worker, and one of my Spanish-speaking clients (recently diagnosed with HIV) is interested in meeting eligible POZ people online.

Does anyone know of any such sites?

Best I can tell, the POZ personals, unfortunately, are only available in English. But maybe someone knows of another place where people can read and post in Spanish.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
Re: Online personals for Spanish-speaking POZ people
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:15:41 pm »
There are a number of places available online where someone can meet are poz people. It really depends on what your client is looking for and how open they are about his or her status.

As to specifically HIV related meeting sites, in addition the POZ personals, you might want to direct them to one of the oldest HIV meeting sites on the net, http://www.positivesingles.com/. They have more recently curtailed many of the perks available in order to generate income but it is one possibility.

Mind you I am in no way endorsing their site. I'm partial to POZ myself.  ;D
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline proudphoenix

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:20:18 am »
Thanks, marc11864.

Brian

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:58:49 am »
On this site there are a few of us that are fluent in Spanish. We tend to write in English because the Community Forum is in English. Some of the threads may contain some replies in Spanish but that is because we already know that the person has Latin roots or has been exposed to the language and has picked up a few words. Many don't have perfect grammar because of the mix up of verbs and nouns but they do get their point across. If this person you say is only a Spanish speaker then it will be a little hard for him to get the replies he wants because not all of the latinos go into all the topics posted here. This site is very liberal and that is why I feel comfortable here. I personally have never heard of a site like this one for Spanish speaking persons only. I would love there to be one because people in Puerto Rico (for ex.) who have hiv, but are limited by their language could really benefit by a web page just for non bilingual speakers.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline proudphoenix

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 01:13:24 pm »
Thanks, Catman. I was hoping that some site in English out there might have one or more sections of its message board in Spanish. It sounds like there's an unmet demand for such a thing. Maybe "one of these days" I'll start such a site myself. Ojala.  ;)

Brian

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:31:22 pm »
My brief experience with Pos Personals was that by stating that I was in Puerto Rico, I received a few replies in Spanish only. There IS a section in the profile where you place the languages you speak. Your client can try it out and put 'Spanish'. That way whomever reads his profile will obviously answer in Spanish.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline proudphoenix

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:42:09 pm »
Thanks, Catman. I'll keep that in mind. BTW, I did find that there's one part of the board at The Body's site that's in Spanish--certainly not comparable to having an entire board like the one here in Spanish, but something.

Meow,
Brian

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.