Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hey, we have a "wannabe"  (Read 12812 times)

Offline kcmetroman

Hey, we have a "wannabe"
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:19:37 am »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Hey, we have a "wannabe"
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:28:14 am »
Holy shit! Just what we need, people bilking the system when there are legit people doing without.

If this is true, this cow should be jailed for a long time.

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 10:29:03 am »
I read that this morning. Made me think. Made me wonder, too.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:31:38 am »
Hey, John!

Amazing what people will do to get their 'fifteen minutes' of fame, isn't it?

Disgusting.

Zeph
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:29 am »
    OH      MY      GAWD  ! ! ! :o
She needs to be put UNDER the jail.

......talk about a lower life form.....
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:42:18 am »
Ick,
What an idiot!

Hope she rots in jail. And with a face like hers, she likely will not get any affection from her cellmates.

Jeff

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 10:43:47 am »

WAIT......   I heard her girlfriend was pressing charges because she caught stupidness from having unprotected sex with her!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 10:54:18 am »
any partner of hers would be guilty of stupidness, period!

Offline JustAGirl

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 12:35:25 pm »
WOW the things people do! It actually pisses me off because she is taking money from people who actually need it! I have been positive for years and have a hell of a time getting any financial help but shes been lying and gets all the help GGGRRRRR makes me so mad!!!

Hope she gets whats coming to her!!!!

Tiffany

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 01:25:59 pm »
It is not that rare really.

My brother's lover Karin died in 1994 of toxoplasmosis, an aids related disease. In the months after her death my brother met a woman, she had kids like my brother and they had a good time together, initially she just said she wanted to help my brother to get through this period of grief. Yes, they also had some sex. But my brother did not want a relationship. At one point he recieved a phonecall from her that she had been tested positive for HIV. It turned out to be not true but she thought that when she would have HIV my brother would feel connected to her again. It has been one of my brother's weirdest periods in his whole life!

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 01:42:26 pm »
I guess the world of HIV isnt free from scam artists anymore than other diseases..
I know that I had to present proof of my status (results of my HIV test from the health Dept.) in order to enroll in any of the programs that Im in like ADAP and Ryan White.  It doesn't sound like this lame attempt at a scam went very far, but im sure that others have. Luckily, most folks have pretty good Bullshit detectors.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 02:01:24 pm »
I saw that in my local paper this morning.  sad indeed.

on another note I heard that the California supreme court has recently made a ruling on people who have hiv and even those who have the virus and do not know it yet.  Wow, call it far reaching......
http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/8FEEFECF-86C8-4630-9C05-1046302C0543.asp

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 02:15:49 pm »
I don't undstand how this slipped by the state; damn, I had to have ten tons of paper and drs reports to get assistance in Fla.  I met a guy on line who was a true wannabe; I had an hiv+ rmmate at the time and told him I was gonna invite this young guy over.  He got a lecture from both of us; he said he wanted to be pozed cause  some of his friends were and it was cool.  We sent him home with his tail between his legs.  I suspect he wanted to milk the system also, but 'legally' as it were; lay back and not work; like this is a good life.  With both me and my rmmate at the time on assistance, we barely made ends met.  How does someone get $66,000 as this woman did?  No cash hand outs in Fla.
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop
"I swear there ain't no heaven, pray ther ain't no hell"

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 02:16:42 pm »
Sometimes, I really HATE this world! :'(

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 02:54:50 pm »
Events like these are more common that you might think.  I know many people who have jobs or other income, yet think nothing of using Section 8 housing or HOPWA funds or anything else they can get their slimy little hands on.  The sadest part is when you contact the authorities, to report the abuse, they just don't seem to care.

This stupidity is evident all the way up our government and the amount of money lost to fraud is staggering.  I've been getting fraudulent billings for medical equipment and I reported those to Medicare.  Took 3 calls and the person in the fraud unit, seemed totally uninterested in my situation.  I finally went through my Congressman's office and that got some action and soon I received both a letter and revised EOB showing the actions they were taking to recover the monies.

I just got my latest EOB and guess who paid another 3 months of fraudulent charges from the same company that I reported.  It boggles my mind how BRAIN DEAD so many people are!!!

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 03:12:26 pm »
:-\BRAINS THAT GOD GAVE A DAMN BOX OF ROCKS!!
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Teresa

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 03:19:20 pm »
I guess it takes all kinds. We had a woman here that shaved her sons head and told her church he had cancer. They raised alot of money for her.

What some people wont do for money.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 03:43:18 pm »
I think so much of the paperwork we have to do is just needless 'busy work' for someone....I have to sign more paperwork every 6 months for Ryan White insurance assistance than I  had to sign when I bought a house. (no kidding)

This is a very sad story. I wonder what that $66,000 represents?  All the medical bills that were paid on her behalf?  Surely it wasn't any type of cash settlement.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 03:47:21 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 04:00:34 pm »
Though I'm not surprised by the comments here about this event, surely she's deserving of a little compassion. We all occupy this rock together, no? Clearly, she has "issues", variations of which we all face as we journey through life. Before we judge her unduly, should we not try to uncover a reason for this behaviour?

Food for thought.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 06:19:03 pm »
It Pennsylvania! I spent my first 25 years there. At least 70% of the states population works for goverment or working some scam to get money from the state. I find nothing surprising or unusual except that she got caught. There is no more corrupt state in the US, outside of new york and new ersey

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 07:35:29 pm »
Jakey, you are pulling figures out of your arse again. Number 1 on the pork parade.....Alaska, thanks to Republican Senator Ted Stevens.

Your boys out of Houston...ENRON, made out pretty good at the public trough...until they got caught...too bad Kenny-boy croaked before he served one day of jail time.

Peace out bro!
Hal

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 07:57:27 pm »
Regardless of what her "issues" are, they do not mitigate her reprehensible actions.
Hell, I have issues too, but you don't see me trying to bilk the government, or my state.
We are all responsible for our actions, unless one is mentally challenged, or clownshit crazy.( thanks JK....I love the word clownshit...I've been waiting my first chance to use it)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 08:01:02 pm »
The Young HIVers of Hope’s Voice Are Hitting America’s Roads to Inspire Their Peers to Stay Smart About HIV
//snip//
Sharing a diverse array of personal stories—some inspirational, others devastating—tour speakers include 26-year-old Idahoan Duane Quintana, who created a short film about his story and an HIV support Web site (www.imjustmejustlikeyou.com); Lesley P. Williams, a 25-year-old mother of three; and Cassey Weierbach, a wheelchair-bound 26-year-old who has advanced AIDS.

“All I’ve ever wanted was to educate people about an illness that I live with every day,” Weierbach says. “I’m at the end of the disease, and I want to use the time I have left to put all I have into this project.”

http://hivplusmag.com/

Wow, sounds like she sure is some proficient con artist! On the other hand, is it possible that she made a mistake or two or twenty in filling out all the forms you guys have to fill out... and is being persecuted/prosecuted for her mistakes? Just wondering...

Ann
(whose mind is being boggled)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 08:41:03 pm »
Well, assuming she tests negative, I would say it is a pretty clear case of fraud. She obviously has other health issues that she could use her inspirational efforts on......assuming they are real? 

We all have to submit proof for ANY benefits.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 08:48:29 pm »
If I read this right, she conned benefits from the state not once, but three times and forged documents, each and every time to get all those benefits.  That is an awful lot of forging and that doesn't happen by accident, but design.  I can't even comment on her as a person, because I feel dirty just imagining that we share the same species.

But what angers me the most is that all these people will start screaming that she is a VICTIM and how we should coddle her and find out what her issues are, etc., ad nausea.  I'm sorry, I already know what her issues are, she is a liar and a cheat and she deserves to not only pay every penny of that back, she also should be subjected to prolonged treatment with very intense HAART for at least the same 3 years that she claimed benefits.  She wants to understand our "plight", fine, a nice cocktail, with at least 3 PIs will teach her to never do this again.

I find people like her beyond my compassion, she knew damn well what she was doing and she didn't care who it would hurt.  No matter what you might believe, evil is real.

Offline bluelove

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 01:43:37 am »
I find people like her beyond my compassion, she knew damn well what she was doing and she didn't care who it would hurt.  No matter what you might believe, evil is real.

I agree.

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 07:43:36 am »
Here is the paper that exposed it all and the original story.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b1_5casseyjul04,0,6397288.story

used fabricated laboratory records to indicate she had AIDS so she could begin receiving benefits through the Northampton County Assistance Office in 2003.

According to this she was given assistance by the county or better known as the welfare office.  This is how she received so much $$$.
It's people like this who hurt the ones living with this virus and are really struggling to survive.

Offline jack

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 08:08:45 am »
I love Joe's idea for punishment. May I suggest a unique combo?
1. An ounce of liquid Norvir, three times a day
2. 2000 mg of Crix per day
3. and of course, the regular dose of Sustiva.

Offline jack

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:49 am »
Hal, Alaska cant touch Pa. What this woman did is nothing, I can name twenty people who pulling worse scams. The entire states goal is to be a dealer in Vegas or be on welfare or unemployment while holding down a good union position.

I dont know how much Ken Lay ever prospered from his years of bribing both parties with campaign contributions. He did give $500,000 to the Clinton campaign the day before Clintons bunch pressured India into doing a huge Enron deal for a power plant or water plant that ultimately helped put them out of bus. Kenny valued his reputation more than money and that was destroyed. We will never know whether he was an idiot or a crook. We know Skilling was an idiot,cause he was a consultant, a person who had no b usiness experience but was paid huge money for his advice. Go figure.
Many of the real criminals of Enron never were charged. Hundres of traders and execs who committed fraud on a daily basis and are probably doing it somewhere else now.  A real shame.
To date, not a single person has been charged with the fraud of Enron online. Not a single person has been charged with fraud in connection with "market to Model".
Instead the feds give a crook like fast andy fastow a light sentence to get to Ken and Skilling. oh well.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 08:52:21 am »
I love this part..
 " Murray's doubts intensified one night on the tour when Weierbach stood up out of her wheelchair and danced in a bar after drinking some shots, "     Ya either that or she mysteriously discovered a drink special that cured neuropathy...Im sure that this theory will be explored in Montreal.
The other thing that toasts my ass is the way that she played 'The Gay Card" when she was exposed...Talk about Shameless.    She'll no doubt plead mental illness, along the lines of the lady that faked her kidnaping a few years ago, the teacher that started banging her middleschool students and the Runaway Bride...
This was really a fairly pathetic scam, I doubt that she received  $60,000 in cash over the years,  it was probablly in housing assistance, foodstamps, etc.  They dont mention any SSDI benefits but  given her age I doubt it could have been much.  Probablly just another nut job desperately seeking attention, well now she has it. 
I seem to remember some folks popping into AIDSmeds once in awhile with similar stories  and then suddenly disapearing when their stories get questioned. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that she's visited us in some form or another in the past.....

BTW, Ken Lay undoubtedly faked his death and is now undergoing plastic surgery so he can live the bitchin' life in the Carribean with Jim Morisson and Kurt Cobain while they all plan to Take Over The World each night after smoking some wicked Chronic...
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 09:57:42 am »

"I can name twenty people pulling worse scams"

Yep, and Jake they all have an offshore mailing address.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 12:42:41 am »
KC ...this is a sad state of affairs these days.  I must admit it is difficult to find sympathy for people like this young lady.  With so many struggling everyday to just survive.  As if the challenges we face everyday weren't enough...

And Jack I always thought Louisana had more hands out than any other state in the union.  The Federal Government gave them over 300 million to fix their levy's (before Katrina) and they have yet to explain where the money went...
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:02 pm »
I agree with you Joe, What a bitch! She has issues no doubt, but why do we have to pay for them? What a bitch! And yes, I know theres tons of fools out there bilking every agency they can for anything they can get but damn! WE need that money! What a sad world we live in, but someday... she'll have to answer for her greed....
Jena
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 03:05:29 pm by Jena »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.