Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:35:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 513
Total: 517

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Update on my stomach cramp/bloating post  (Read 2659 times)

Offline surf18

Update on my stomach cramp/bloating post
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »
Had endoscope and colonoscopy done today .Dr suspects u. colitis.
Terrible news if true. The drug he told me to take and thank god I did research on it before I popped it in my mouth is an immussupressant. Who with HIV would take one of them? WTF? So the treatment of the UC destroys the treatment goals of the big disease I have. I have texted my ID dr, I haven't heard from that slacker yet.
They took biopsies and want to have me meet with them in 4-6. Hell on wheels waiting a month plus for results. Talk about ruining another summer  as freaking HIv ruined the summer of 2010. ok enough venting. Its good to come here because no one in my world can understand the feelings that Im going tru right now, not a single person but you guys/girls on here.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Update on my stomach cramp/bloating post
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:51:49 pm »
Surf, were you referred to a G.I. doctor or a GI clinic?

I have been seeing one for the last yr. or so
and I have SIBO =  Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth....

My G.I. Doc has told me, that he cannot do anything to fix my G.I. problems
however, he can treat them w/ different antibiotics every few months

I have suffered from G.I Disease for more than half of my Adult life
and taking HIV Meds along with this can be very challenging....

however
it's not to end of the world, Colitis, if that what you have can be
treated just like HIV/AIDS and is manageable  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline surf18

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:30:22 pm »
ugh more shit to manage!
yep i got to a g i doc in a g i clinic.
same dude that treats me for my acid reflux.

Offline deibster

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »
Hi Surf; It might help if you told us which anti-viral meds you are taking. I had cramps on one of the original protease inhibitors. i had 2 cat scans, in addition to the biopsies you mention & they found nothing wrong except for my reflux. After that i was on Kaletra for a few years. The cramps & runs continued.

About a year ago, I was changed from Kaletra to Prezista/Norvir, for another reason, and it was like a miracle. The cramps & runs disappeared overnight. So, you might want to ask your ID doc if he knows about intestinal side effects & if your meds are mild on the intestines. hugs from Provincetown, Deibster  ;)
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Offline surf18

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:38:41 pm »
i am on selzentry and truvada. the cramps came in january and then got really bad in april. thats when i finally went to the dr about it and we scd todays procedure. really for the most part the cramps are gone ,just some bloating here and there.
he took the biopsies but still told me that i had colitis and gastritis.
been on the hiv meds for a little over a year and a half.thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.