Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 537
Total: 538

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Its real..  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Jen2012

Its real..
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:49:41 am »
 Hello everybody!

My story is pretty long but I hope alot read and give me some answers.

Near the end of Sep 2011 I cut my foot on glass and about an half hour later I walked in blood in my house from my cousin who selfharms.Then in October I get a sore throat, white tongue, tingleing and hands and feet after that went away my body got sore..

So I went to the Health Department tested around 4-5 weeks rapid antibody test and it was NEG.. I was still sick and when back 5 days less from 3 months and thats when it all takes place "the nurse said my rapid test was NEG thou I think it was postive she started acting weird and asking me if I used drugs in the last six years and I just knew, I think she lied because she thought I could harm myself I was very very stressed I think she was coming to my house to tell me at a later date,

So I wated 1 week and called her back and told her I think she was lieing she told me to go get mental help.. STILL I can remember the bad things when I got test that day and I really think shes lying to me so I bought a home acess HIV test and took it well it came back NEG BUT it was only a 1-2 Generation test so that really dont make me feel good..

So I was then really getting upset and I went back to the health DEp and had a different nurse test me but she took the rapid test out of the room and when she brought it back she said it was NEG. That didnt make me feel better at all.

So I went to the Hospital and thats right acrossed from the Health Department and made them give me an HIV test and they did but they put me in Mental-help for 3 days so when I got out I had to pick up my HIV test up at Medical Records and I think the Health Department changed the results snice they are waiting to tell me and ALSO the test said NONREACT and I asked the ER doctor why it said NONREACT and not NONREACTIVE and it said it would fit on the paper..

Its been about six months snice then and I still think they are lying to me, Im now not answering the door and not taking phone calls because im tooo scared. I thing that makes me the most mad is I would NEVER harm myself and the truth would help me more than anything, I have a boyfriend and im going to get married but how can I move on until they tell me the truth I could infect somone elses snice they are lying....

Please write me back Thanks.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Everybody read please
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:10:37 am »
You are undeniably and reliably HIV negative. You had conclusive testing and a completely no-risk incident.

Enjoy your newfound serenity and go be happy.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Jen2012

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:14:26 am »
You are undeniably and reliably HIV negative. You had conclusive testing and a completely no-risk incident.

Enjoy your newfound serenity and go be happy.

Hello thanks for replying do you mean I couldnt of gotten HIV anyway from what I said?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:18:23 am »
Hello thanks for replying do you mean I couldnt of gotten HIV anyway from what I said?

I mean exactly that.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Jen2012

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:46:58 am »
i cant see past this

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:51:55 am »
Jen,

If you cannot accept the fact that you have repeatedly tested hiv negative over a NO RISK situation, we cannot be of any help to you here.

Please seek face-to-face counseling with a qualified therapist. Your doctor may be able to give you a referral, or ring the mental health ward at the hospital where you were previously detained and ask them for help.

Please, please get some help with these irrational fears. You have NOT have a risk and you have tested conclusively hiv negative.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jen2012

Its real..
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 10:40:59 am »
I wrote on here before heard it 1000xtimes "you dont have HIV" but I feel I need to explain this alittle better so please dont skip reading and say I DONT just yet.. Read the whole thing near the end of my story gets pretty WEIRD... thanks

I had a blood exposour a 2 weeks later  I got sick, my mouth and tongue burnt sore throat ect ect.

So I went for an HIV rapid test around 4 weeks and the lady at the Health Department explained the test to me and how the lines on the test on. The control line to show the test was done right and a line would show up below for hiv-1 or below for hiv-2.. So she said I normally take the test out of the room to get ready incase I have to tell someone they are positive but I dont think you have it so I will live it here and it was NEG..

So I still wasnt ok because I knew I had to wait three months, So I couldnt wait and went back around 6 weeks It was a day b4 xmas and a different lady tested me and left the test in the room again, during both test they asked questions " why are you getting the test and sex partners in the last six months" BUT in the middle of the test while she writing she said it pains me to do this and I FREAK and say what its positive and then she says no im just filling this out so that just makes me confused so instead of asking me sex partners in the last six months LIKE LAST TIME the lady said six years, then asked me if I have insurance and I said no why and she said I think you need to get help for anexity ( but I think she was trying to trick me there to see if I had a Doc) THEN she said me where I worked like ok Lady. So after ALL that she says you can go now and I said ok so am I NEG and runs over and grabs the HIV RAPID TEST shoves it in my face and yes YES but I SEEN TWO LINES I KNOW I DID, then I said should I come back and she said no you DONT need to come back, I rush outside to tell my BF how weird that was and he said ok I will buy you a home acess HIV Generation 1 test and it was NEG but like it was just FIRST generation and it wasnt even near 3 months yet so that dont count.. So I called and talked to a different lady and I told her I think she is lying and she said AH holdon I will check your results and i said ok and she comes back like ONE SEC later and said it was NEG,, I still didnt believe that so I drove back down aweek later and said can I have a copy of my test results and she then said I cant really find them because we dont save them by names we save them by code numbers OK THEN HOW DID YOU FIND IT THAT FAST OVER PHONE?? So shes like how about I just do another test would that make you feel better I said yeah so she does the test but this time TAKES IT OUT OF THE ROOM and brings it back in and says NEG 
  anyways I could write more weird things but I cant fit it in right now nevermind one last WEIRD thing the first time I went into the health Dep trying to see if that  lady was lying she wasnt working so I go up to the other lady and said when is she telling me im positive I kinda need to know and she said did she draw blood from your vein I said no she said oh well it prob was NEG then and I said oh so you always tell people and she said yeah unless they are crazy then we call other people in... HELLO I AM CRAZY I WAS VERY SCARED SHAKING DURING EVERY TEST..

I just need so freaking info with all this ASAP

Offline Jen2012

Re: Its real..
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 10:49:57 am »
Oh and I forgot to say that normally they let you hold your test for alittle bit but I could the one time because she shoved it in my face

Offline Jen2012

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 10:58:53 am »

wrote on here before heard it 1000xtimes "you dont have HIV" but I feel I need to explain this alittle better so please dont skip reading and say I DONT just yet.. Read the whole thing near the end of my story gets pretty WEIRD... thanks

I had a blood exposour a 2 weeks later  I got sick, my mouth and tongue burnt sore throat ect ect.

So I went for an HIV rapid test around 4 weeks and the lady at the Health Department explained the test to me and how the lines on the test on. The control line to show the test was done right and a line would show up below for hiv-1 or below for hiv-2.. So she said I normally take the test out of the room to get ready incase I have to tell someone they are positive but I dont think you have it so I will live it here and it was NEG..

So I still wasnt ok because I knew I had to wait three months, So I couldnt wait and went back around 6 weeks It was a day b4 xmas and a different lady tested me and left the test in the room again, during both test they asked questions " why are you getting the test and sex partners in the last six months" BUT in the middle of the test while she writing she said it pains me to do this and I FREAK and say what its positive and then she says no im just filling this out so that just makes me confused so instead of asking me sex partners in the last six months LIKE LAST TIME the lady said six years, then asked me if I have insurance and I said no why and she said I think you need to get help for anexity ( but I think she was trying to trick me there to see if I had a Doc) THEN she said me where I worked like ok Lady. So after ALL that she says you can go now and I said ok so am I NEG and runs over and grabs the HIV RAPID TEST shoves it in my face and yes YES but I SEEN TWO LINES I KNOW I DID, then I said should I come back and she said no you DONT need to come back, I rush outside to tell my BF how weird that was and he said ok I will buy you a home acess HIV Generation 1 test and it was NEG but like it was just FIRST generation and it wasnt even near 3 months yet so that dont count.. So I called and talked to a different lady and I told her I think she is lying and she said AH holdon I will check your results and i said ok and she comes back like ONE SEC later and said it was NEG,, I still didnt believe that so I drove back down aweek later and said can I have a copy of my test results and she then said I cant really find them because we dont save them by names we save them by code numbers OK THEN HOW DID YOU FIND IT THAT FAST OVER PHONE?? So shes like how about I just do another test would that make you feel better I said yeah so she does the test but this time TAKES IT OUT OF THE ROOM and brings it back in and says NEG 
  anyways I could write more weird things but I cant fit it in right now nevermind one last WEIRD thing the first time I went into the health Dep trying to see if that  lady was lying she wasnt working so I go up to the other lady and said when is she telling me im positive I kinda need to know and she said did she draw blood from your vein I said no she said oh well it prob was NEG then and I said oh so you always tell people and she said yeah unless they are crazy then we call other people in... HELLO I AM CRAZY I WAS VERY SCARED SHAKING DURING EVERY TEST..

I just need so freaking info with all this ASAP
 AND I FORGET TO SAY THAT MOST OF THE TIME THEY LET YOU HOLD YOUR TEST I COULDNT CAUSE SHE WAS HOLDING IT THEN PUTS IN RIGHT IN MY FACE

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 11:02:42 am »
Jen,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You don't have hiv. You did not have a risk in the first place, as we already told you.

Re-read your entire thread. Our answers are not going to change.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jen2012

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 11:05:56 am »
I dont understand I mean I understand about putting the post togother I dont understand about the banned I only asked two questions and I wanted to explain alittle better did you read the new one? I DID see the HIV test and IT DID have two red lines

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 11:56:33 am »
The Time Out which Ann told you about is because you have returned here repeatedly when you are HIV negative. We're not going to indulge you in an ongoing back and forth when HIV is not your issue.

I'll repeat the suggestion that you see a counselor or other professional to discuss your unwarranted concerns about HIV.

There is nothing more we can do for you in this setting. HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Jen2012

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »
Ok I understand sorry however the problem with me going to get mental help which I have is he keeps telling me to test out to a year prob because he isnt a doctor and doesnt know much about HIV or they just look at me strange like they never heard of this before, and yeah I get it im HIV- even though I SEEN my test was reactive I did I know I did thats the problem im having, as I am sorry for bugging everybody im just looking for some answers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:14 pm »
No matter what you think you saw on the result, you did not have a risk for HIV.

I'm going to give you that Time Out you were warned about. It's for 28 days. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new account. We'll spot that right off and it will get you banned permanently.

For a last time I will say HIV is not your problem. We can't do anything more for you here.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.