Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Some interesting facts on the Health Care Reform  (Read 40678 times)

Offline ATorrez

Re: Some interesting facts on the Health Care Reform
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 11:33:38 am »
No, I don't need ADAP or Ryan White, my job provides insurance to all employees and it can not be turned down. My prescription co-pays are $10 for 3 months for generics, $35 for three months for brands that do not have generics, and $70 for three months for drugs that do have a generic, but you choose the brand. I would rather not burden a system with my problems.

I have know a few people who were on ADAP in my state and they said the way they were treated was horrible.

You need to realise something about insurance companies, that many of you don't seem to realise. They are businesses, and business are in the money of making money. You name for me one successful for profit business that does not make a profit and still manages to thrive. My HIV meds each cost about $1000 a month. Now, I looked into my state run HIGH risk plan and tried to see how much my premiums would be if I went with them. The highest premiums with the state run plan were $500 a month, which is half of what it would cost to buy one medication for HIV. So with just one medication the insurance company has already taken a loss of $500, then add on the others that are needed to form a good combo.

Insurance companies are in the business of making money, as all businesses are.
Piss off a democrat: Take responsibility for your life and your actions.

"When Marxist dictators shoot their way into power in Central America, the San Francisco Democrats don't blame the guerrillas and their Soviet allies. They blame United States policies of 100 years ago. But then they always blame America first." -Jeanne Kirkpatrick

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 11:36:58 am »
By ATorrez, March 24, 2010
I am a nurse and I love working with patients, it's the most rewarding job in the world.
Have you ever read the Nurses Code of Ethics? I hardly doubt it, it sure shows that you don't abide by it.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 11:39:27 am »
Nurses code of Ethics says nothing about what you're talking about. Maybe you might point out to me where it clearly does, without interpretation or skewing it for political reasons.

"When Marxist dictators shoot their way into power in Central America, the San Francisco Democrats don't blame the guerrillas and their Soviet allies. They blame United States policies of 100 years ago. But then they always blame America first." -Jeanne Kirkpatrick

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 11:41:51 am »
Now that I got your attention. How old are you and when did you contract HIV?

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 11:44:23 am »
I'm old enough to drink, not old enough to collect social security. I contracted HIV when I was barely old enough to be having sex with the guys I was having sex with.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 11:45:01 am »
Yes Health insurers are in the business of making money which is why they need to get the hell out.  The health industry isn't like say the car industry where you can pick and choose what you want and if you have enough money to buy it.  You either live or you don't, this is why there should be no profit motive for healthcare at all.  You build enough padding into the system to keep those who work in it paid, but no one should be buying yachts off of the money they can wheedle out of people with serious diseases.  Oh and Health insurers pay a lot less for drugs than the average consumer does if you were wondering.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 11:48:42 am »
I know they do, there is a slip that comes in the mail everytime I have any "claim" filed with my health insurance company. It tells me how much the provider charges, or how much the drug cost, how much the negotiated rate was/is, how much they paid out, and how much of that difference is my responsibility.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 11:49:14 am »
Nurses code of Ethics says nothing about what you're talking about. Maybe you might point out to me where it clearly does, without interpretation or skewing it for political reasons.
Here is two that you fail to do.
Preserving dignity
Promoting health and well-being

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 11:50:29 am »
I'm old enough to drink, not old enough to collect social security. I contracted HIV when I was barely old enough to be having sex with the guys I was having sex with.

For someone who comes on a web forum accusing everyone of being "government bitch" (your words, separate thread) meth addicts you sure are hesitant to disclose things about yourself except in the most vaguest of manners.  Gotta wonder about that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:52:39 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2010, 11:54:36 am »
Here is two that you fail to do.
Preserving dignity
Promoting health and well-being

And how is what I am doing or saying against that? When I am in the hospital or with a patient I never make a comment about their living situation or anything like that, I'd be fired so quickly my head would spin. Just because I don't support people on welfare and government assistance telling me how much I should pay in taxes, does not mean I am not following the nurses code of ethics.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2010, 11:56:46 am »
For someone who comes on a web forum accusing everyone of being "government bitch" (your words, separate thread) meth addicts you sure are hesitant to disclose things about yourself except in the most vaguest of manners.  Gotta wonder about that.

Yeah.... I wonder.... I'm under no obligation to give you information about myself, just like you aren't obligated to give me anything. For all I know you could be a nun who secretly likes to troll the AIDSMEDS forums, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter to me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2010, 11:59:25 am »
And how is what I am doing or saying against that? When I am in the hospital or with a patient I never make a comment about their living situation or anything like that, I'd be fired so quickly my head would spin. Just because I don't support people on welfare and government assistance telling me how much I should pay in taxes, does not mean I am not following the nurses code of ethics.
I don't believe that you are meant to leave the Nurses Code of Ethics at work. When you walk out the door you are still a nurse and if you act this way around the patients you see I would state you are a piss poor one to boot.

I'll be the first one to say it, I don't believe your are HIV positive either.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:13 pm »
secretly likes to troll the AIDSMEDS forums

Your dirty undergarments are showing again, or else you're projecting.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:36 pm »
If only your opinion was the truth.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2010, 12:04:31 pm »
If only your opinion was the truth.

Should we set up a poll?  I'm like totally game.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2010, 12:05:05 pm »
Your dirty undergarments are showing again, or else you're projecting.

Honey, go back to your crack pipe or your tina or whatever it is you do. Just remember my tax dollars are keeping meth running through your veins 24/7.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:07 pm »
Honey, go back to your crack pipe or your tina or whatever it is you do. Just remember my tax dollars are keeping meth running through your veins 24/7.

personal attacks aren't very pretty.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:57 pm »
There is no one that has HIV and or AIDS acts like that.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 12:16:21 pm »

Not cool -- there's really no reason to take your argument to this level. Consider yourself warned. 

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:22 pm »

Sugah, I have reported you and your broad attacks.  Your judgmental ways will not work around here.  Whatever the reason was for you to join us you have seriously taken the wrong approach.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 12:23:09 pm »
So, A Torres is a nurse.................

For those of you who think your HIV/AIDS doctor or nurse, walks on water and is the end all and be all of HIV/AIDS advise;  Please keep track of this new and aggressive member of these forums.  You will soon enough learn that a title certainly does not make a person whole and wonderful.

There are other members of this website who are "professional" nurses, and I request you speak to this subject.  Tennessee, are you out there?  You know who you are, I'm just waiting for you to weigh in  :)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2010, 12:24:17 pm »
Not cool -- there's really no reason to take your argument to this level. Consider yourself warned. 

Does it not matter that I have been atacked over and over again for my opinion? Double standard for oldies and newbies?

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 12:30:17 pm »
I'll probably get banned for this, but Tim Horn, if you look at this post where Moffie calls me out of my name and makes personal attacks, you will see below it that all Ann did was say "you know better than that". I, who just got here, get warned, but people who have been here for years don't?

I was simply using the same tone and attitude that was presented to me when I posted something. Should I sit and be attacked and say nothing back?

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=31756.msg391149#msg391149

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 12:30:54 pm »

I guess this is one of those "new guy trying to fit in and not being allowed to" scenarios. ::)  I wonder why, a nurse of all people, would come to a support forum where people are afflicted with something that has caused death to this very day.  Atorrez, many of these people you choose to offend in this thread are survivors from the days of getting your diagnosis and being told to get your affairs in order.  Many of these people are the ones who have marched on the steps of their state capitols to get the government to wake up and realize something needed to be done back in the 80's.  Many of these people have suffered such side effects from meds and OI's that make it impossible to work.  What would you like for them to do, or I guess what should we do?  Sweep them under the rug, give them less dignity, let them die?

I understand why Rod keeps asking how old you are, and  your sister/aunt should be on disability.  You should realize the trauma she went through to be both your sister and aunt.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 12:36:53 pm »
I understand why Rod keeps asking how old you are, and  your sister/aunt should be on disability.  You should realize the trauma she went through to be both your sister and aunt.

Another personal attack with no warning or consequences.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2010, 12:39:25 pm »
There is no one that has HIV and or AIDS acts like that.

Rodney I totally agree, then again  his familiarity he has shown he has of some of us makes me wonder.

Another personal attack with no warning or consequences.

Just going with your story hombre, so now you're the victim here?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2010, 12:40:16 pm »
I'll probably get banned for this, but Tim Horn, if you look at this post where Moffie calls me out of my name and makes personal attacks, you will see below it that all Ann did was say "you know better than that". I, who just got here, get warned, but people who have been here for years don't?

I was simply using the same tone and attitude that was presented to me when I posted something. Should I sit and be attacked and say nothing back?

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=31756.msg391149#msg391149

In yesterday's thread, Ann reminded both you and Moffie to watch your language. And here you are today, accusing a member -- and, quite frankly, it makes not difference whether it's a veteran member or newbie -- of meth use 24/7. So, yeah, you're officially warned. To keep yourself out of trouble, simply report any personal attacks to the moderators.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »
Christ. I'm shutting this whole damn thread down. I can't see the conversation recovering from all the bullshit here. Skeebo, consider yourself warned as well.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:45:50 pm by Tim Horn »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.