Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:45:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 462
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello again, hiv under control, anxiety is getting worse.  (Read 4117 times)

Offline poztraveler2014

Hello again, hiv under control, anxiety is getting worse.
« on: March 02, 2015, 08:56:45 pm »
Hi all again.

I wanna thank you for helping me out on my last post. I'm happy to say im still undetectable and my cd4 is at 405. Its about as high as i ever remember it being. So i am doing well in that aspect. However, something else is going on. I'm not sure if its related to the Truvada/Isentress but now i have panic attacks almost all the time. It seems to get worse after i take my meds. Plus i am having a lot of headaches and i have vertigo/dizziness. Also my creatinine is at 1.22 the doctor says its fine.
I was wondering if anyone thinks this could be directly related to the meds. I've always had anxiety but its been really bad lately, plus i have this feeling as if my heart had stopped for a second and restarted with lots of adrenaline.
Any ideas would be appreciated! thanks

Offline gam65

• Enjoying life one day at a time
Re: Hello again, hiv under control, anxiety is getting worse.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:07:47 am »
Hi Poztraveler2014,

It could be your medicine so have that checked first, I was on Atripla and it made me depressed and I had a lot of dreams as if I was dying so I spoke with my Dr. and he changed my meds and I began to feel better.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
I seriously doubt your anxiety attacks are related to the Truvada/Isentress.  I mean, you can always ask your doctor.

I believe you may be having some issue with accepting you have HIV, or something in that neighborhood.  Your heart racing is typical during a panic attack.  So, once you can get this under control that should resolve.

I would suggest you see a therapist or ask your doctor for a beta-blocker and tell him why.  (A beta blocker is a heart med used for anxiety/panic).  I really do recommend the therapist, though.  I think it would help tremendously. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:20:22 pm »
Hi Poztraveler2014,

It could be your medicine so have that checked first, I was on Atripla and it made me depressed and I had a lot of dreams as if I was dying so I spoke with my Dr. and he changed my meds and I began to feel better.

ojo      Hola traveler...I'm with Betty on this, I don't think your anxiety is caused by your meds, you should talk to your doctor and find a psycologist or therapist, to help you deal with anxiety, maybe you need an antideppressant, but defenetly, I don't think your meds are the reason for your anxiety attacks...I used to have them, took an antideppressant for a while, my anxiety attack stopped, later on, I stopped taking the antideppressant, I do get an anxiety attack once and a while, but I take xanax, or I do some exercices (breathing) that help relax me...wishing you the best...hugs       ojo

PS BTW, congratulations for your numbers, your treatment is working   ;p

Offline madeindetroit

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:23 am »
I agree with Betty and tonny.....if its a big concern mention it to your Dr.  I went thru the same thing ur going thru.  I was a mess mentally.  But here is what I did to help

Therapist....if u can afford one get one that has Hiv experience

Yoga.....helped me relax

Slow easy walks round the neighborhood....when I was calm I went walking to stay calm

Guided meditation....you tube has lots of resources for this

Lay in bed close ur eyes and put on soft music....breathe deeply .  To help clear your mind I would softly say breathe in- hold 1 2 3 4 5 6 7- breathe out -  then count to 25 adding as u go along.

It sucks...it really does but u will get there. Big ((hug))

If these don't help consult the Dr and tell him what's going on....NEVER be afraid to speak up to the dr

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:15:00 am by madeindetroit »
7/8/2014 DX
7/2014 CD4  400 VL 88,000
8/8/2014 Started Stribild
9/2014 CD4 590 VL 250
11/2014 CD4 762 VL 183
2/2015 CD4 735 VL UD wooooohooooo
5/2015 CD4 735 VL UD 38%
8/2015 CD4 1018. UD. 42%
11/2015 CD4 1185. UD 45%

Offline didee

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 09:01:27 pm »
Hi there, sorry to hear about your anxiety.  I decided to reply to this beings I've dealt with extra anxiety lately.  Some of it being due to seeing my brother just go thru quadruple bypass surgery and a person starts wondering 'what if' beings it runs in the family.  Anyway I also needed to decide if it was time to switch meds due to insurance not covering as well that we just got switched to at work.  So with starting Triumeq and reading such bad stuff online, shouldn't have done that :-)....I had anxiety issues.  I have Xanax which I normally only take for flying, so started taking it a couple times a day.  I had taken MaxAlt for a migraine and for some reason my BP started staying high after using MaxAlt a couple times...and that also contributed to my anxiety.  I did end up going to the ER when my BP was sky high and getting checked there and finding that all was ok helped a ton.

So long story short, I took Xanax daily for a bit and that helped me to calm myself and get back to normal. 

So my advice would be to get checked by your Dr to make sure all is well, it'll help tons and try the methods others have suggested and maybe something like Xanax if you need it to get thru this period of time. 

Well wishes on getting your anxiety under control!
Positive since 1985
CD4 675, VL 29

Offline Pozitivist

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 12:38:03 pm »
If U still have The same problem hear what my doc said: The worst day you feel anxiety and depression it i is The very day you have to exercise your body ..  Sports Helps a lot . Take care..

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.