Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:38:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: God can cure AIDS?  (Read 6409 times)

tendai

God can cure AIDS?
« on: October 02, 2006, 04:12:48 am »
we're having a whole bunch of religious people here holding conferences and crusades claiming to cure HIV. that they pray for you and you walk away HIV negative.  they even have some people come and testify that they were cured. is this hogwash or can it be possible? does anyone know anyone who was cured like this?  i believe in God and that He can do anything but i've heard of so many scammers that i'm a bit sceptical.

Offline RapidRod

Re: God can cure AIDS?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:36:53 am »
As much as I wish it could be done, IT'S HOG WASH. (Don't tell me you are seeing Benny Hill?) ;) There has never been a case that was cured in that manner. I won't get into babies that are pos and convert neg. I believe in God too, but there are just some things God himself doesn't handle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:45:35 am by RapidRod »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:41:30 am »
Tendai,

Thanks so much for placing your photo here, good to finally see you...

I think that God can do any thing, but we must realize that we only have HIV on the planet with God's permission.  I would be more than skeptical about these reports, and at the same time, would ask those cured to submit to a simple test and see if HIV has been cleared from their bodies.  Only thing is, the test checks for Antibodies, so this wouldn't do any good.  Personally I would advise staying as far away from these people as possible.

Thanks for sharing.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 05:31:30 am »
Tendai,

Matty the Damned fancies himself an expert in these matters. Like all experts he draws his astonishing wisdom on any topic from the humble list of Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ.

It so happens that there is a FAQ on the topic of god. The answers to your questions can be found by clicking here.

Regards,

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 06:50:52 am »
Hi Tendai,

Not only are these people liars, but they are DANGEROUS liars. Why dangerous? Because they can't cure ANYONE of hiv/aids. The people who believe them are going to go out and infect other people, because they believe they are cured. These people claiming that their god cures hiv/aids need to be shut down before they cause more infections.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:54:09 am »
CAN GOD CURE THE RELIGIOUS RITE? And how do you that god is a he?
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:54:56 am »
And how do you that god is a he?

Only a man could fuck things up this badly Johnny. ;)

MtD

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:59:29 pm »
tendai: It's wonderful that you believe in God, but when God cures AIDS you will hear about it on CNN and the BBC, etc. "Til then, it's wise to focus on the merits of HAART and modern global HIV knowledge

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 02:20:02 pm »
Tendai - Your beleif system as well as everyone elses is unique.   Do not loose that faith.  It will sustain you.  For me - God did not create aids nor will he cure it.  He has given us this world to live in along with whatever life throws at us including, someday, a cure.  The power of faith, prayer, meditation is something you can not discount nor measure.  But I know, many of us have a beleif system that is God based.   I would trust in your health care professionals and do what they say.  Do not be taken by people that claim they have the cure.   And, keep beleiving in your God.  It will make all the difference for you..

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 03:21:58 pm »
Tendai - Your beleif system as well as everyone elses is unique.   Do not loose that faith.  It will sustain you.  For me - God did not create aids nor will he cure it.  He has given us this world to live in along with whatever life throws at us including, someday, a cure.  The power of faith, prayer, meditation is something you can not discount nor measure.  But I know, many of us have a beleif system that is God based.   I would trust in your health care professionals and do what they say.  Do not be taken by people that claim they have the cure.   And, keep beleiving in your God.  It will make all the difference for you..

Tendai,
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 03:37:17 pm »

Tendai,
I have a very strong faith in God and, YES!, I do believe he can perform miracles. I think he has a reason for everything and it is not for me to question.
But these shiesters telling you that they can pray and heal you are feeding you a whole buncha baloney!
I don't believe God is on anyone's schedule but his own.
When he's ready AND IF he gets ready. I believe he will send salvation.
Now this is only my belief system and I, by no means, wish to force it on anyone else.
I truly believe like Eric does.
GOD BLESS YOU, TENDAI.
Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 07:43:53 pm »
My problem with the whole god thing is if he created life and aids how can I sue him, that being he is a he? I think faith is wonderful, which is why I can watch benny hinn for 5 minutes or how  long it takes the old lady to get up fixed.
Matty do you think he could help me with my bad typing - Benny that is?
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 08:13:48 pm »
The power of faith, prayer, meditation is something you can not discount nor measure.

Actually there has been research (and I don't have the link to hand) that indicates prayer is not so good for one. Ill people who were prayed (by christians presumably) for in that particular study had notably worse health outcomes than those who were not.

So stop praying for me people. ;)

Matty do you think he could help me with my bad typing - Benny that is?

Johnny,

I'll despatch a True Christian Stenographer immediately. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Amex. Fuck Diner's Club. ;D

MtD

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 08:50:51 pm »
Which God are they invoking? There are so many!

Anyone who claims a cure should be locked up in a straight jacket and pissed on.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 08:51:46 pm »
I don't believe in the power of healing, especially not by men.  I'm not sure which God we are talking about.  But if it's the Christian God,  I don't recall the Bible saying that men can perform miracles.  I thought only Jesus could do that (and only while he was physically present on Earth).  I don't think the Bible teaches us that God causes cures or the opposite, causes diseases.  He just let things happen as would.  I think that's what they taught us in Sunday School.

In any event, Tendai I wouldn't put much faith in those healers.  They are just using people for their money.

I saw a billboard today (in Texas) that had a picture of Jesus (on the cross) looking down on all the drivers passing by on the freeway, with the caption "The Original Superman."

Offline Eldon

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 08:52:46 pm »
Hello Tendai,

WARNING: There are "false teachers" and "false prophets" in this world that we live in today. Some people will say anything just to make a dollar. Everyone has a right to their own opinion concerning this matter. There is a creator and his name is God.

It is "man" who has all of these different types of religons and politics going on which disturbingly has a lot of people confused to say the least.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.