Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:26:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 545
Total: 548

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bike Wreck.... Blood but no guts...  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Blixer

Bike Wreck.... Blood but no guts...
« on: June 23, 2007, 09:40:09 pm »
OK, yes, I did a stupid thing.  I'm trying to be good and get exercise like my doctor recommends.  I've been riding my bicycle regularly for several years now and I ride mostly in the park near my house.  I hadn't been on the bike for 3 weeks for a number of reasons.  Well, they were setting up for pride this weekend where I normally ride so I decide to cut off of the main road onto a side path.  Unfortunately, the drainage along the road at the point I selected was deeper than I anticipated and exactly matched the size of my front tire on my bike.  I see this problem, but too late to do anything.  The front wheel drops in, stops instantly, but the back end of the bike and the rider (myself) did not stop... so I go flying through the air.   It was one of those "feeling like slow motion" deals where you don't remember any of the details after you  hit the asphalt.  As I'm getting up off of the ground I look down at my right hand and it is covered in blood.  Chunks of skin are hanging off of my index finger and the heel of my hand and I can't tell what else is damaged.  A quick survery of my body doesn't reveal any other blood (although my leg is hurting pretty badly).  So I take my shirt off and wrap up the bleeding hand and ride back to the house.  All in all it could have been much worse.  After some makeshift doctoring I wash  the injuries, apply peroxide, and then decide to use the "new skin' stuff on the "large postage sized" scrape on the heel of my hand.  Ok, talk about sting.  I didn't yell when I had the mishap, but I sure did when I painted on that new skin.  Anyway, in the end I have a chunk torn out of the tip of my index finger, a chunk of skin removed from the heel of my hand, a nice knot in one of the small calf muscles on the right leg, a slightly bruised left knee and a slightly scraped left shoulder.  After applying the proper medications I got back on the bike and finished the ride in order to help reduce some of the potential soreness.   Of course, the hand injuries are pretty sore today but I've assured all of my friends around here that I shall surely survive this mishap.   I'll just be a bit more careful next time.   I guess that's not too bad... only one "blood letting" bike accident in 4 years....   
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: Bike Wreck.... Blood but no guts...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 09:55:02 pm »
You must look hawt now, butch and everything with scars all over :D Woof :D

There was no hot stud to help you?

lol

Hope you heal fast,

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Blixer

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 02:22:38 am »

There was no hot stud to help you?

Hope you heal fast,

Milker.

You would have thought someone would have come to my rescue... my prince charming...  I mean, after all, they were setting up for Pride in the park.  But alas, I was left to my own devices.  At least I was able to ride on home and get stuff taken care of.

I'm hoping for fast healing too.

David
Diagnosed 1/9/06

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 04:02:35 am »
Blixer, here it's against the law to peddle pussy all over town.  ;)

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 05:28:44 am »
Did you wear a biking helmet? I had a nasty bike crash a few years ago with lots of bruises. I was intoxicated and drove right into the trench. Since then, I got myself used to wearing a helmet. Very light and with holes for air circulation. I haven't fallen on my head since, but you never know.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:31:22 am by Cerrid »
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline mjmel

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 08:15:34 am »
Ouch! Gay Pride huh? You weren't looking around at the scenery, were you? ...........you didn't have your head spun around checking out some hunk?
xxx,
Mike

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 09:43:43 am »
I ride my road bike 20 miles or so several times a week.  Between traffic and the terrible condition of the road margins, it's a miracle I make it back in one piece.  Crashes are the worst.  Both times I have fallen, it has been when the bike was going too slow and I was distracted.  Misjudgment on my part about staying upright.  Once you go over it's like a ton of bricks, and yes the scrapes bleed big time.  Both times I felt like a fool flopping over.  And your interval is the same as mine, about once every 4 years.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 10:26:45 am »
David, I know what I am going to buy you for your birthday,  "Blinders" like horses where to keep their focus infront of them and not on the abs of the guy hanging the rainbow flag to your left.  ;D   You would blend right in up here in Aspen,  half of the male bikers up here are sporting nice road rashes I must say...   HOT!   ;D

Eric

Hope you boo boo gets better...

Offline Nico

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 10:38:36 am »
David,
Cruising always gets you in trouble.  I agree with Eric, you need blinders to keep those smutty eyes from wandering.  I hope you feel better and the hand that was hurt was not the one you fly solo with.. ;D

Kiss for you boo, boo.  :-*
Rog
Poz since 1990.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 11:17:03 am »
David,
That is why I am against sports and I have never practiced any. Sports are supposed to be good for your health but all the people I know that do sports end up with a broken arm or any other injury. I have never broken anything.
 :P :P :P
Get better soon!  :-* :-* :-*
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 12:47:28 pm »
O-U-C-H- ! ! ! ! !

That made my heart drop and my testicles tingle and jump up inside just from reading it.  Yipes.

Sorry, man.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 02:07:22 pm »
EEEYOUCH!

Thanks for reminding me why I prefer walking to biking, David.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline bear60

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 04:16:37 pm »
Is this what you were looking at?????

Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Florida69

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 12:38:09 pm »
I would kiss the boo boo for you, but I live in Florida.  I am glad you are ok, and look forward to hearing more about your biking adventures.  D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 09:56:43 pm »
Hiya blix...

Man, do i relate to this.  I send you a cyber kiss to make it all better.

The first time you get back on your bike will seem a little weird.  But do it anyway.
Your bike is your friend.

And, if you're ever my way... bring yours and we can go riding together.
Scott
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Blixer

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 10:41:57 pm »
Well, the hand is healing up.  The index finger is still very sore where the tip got ripped open, but things are improving.

Rapidrod, the wreck put a temporary end to my peddling.

Cerrid, I have a helmet, but don't wear it all the time.  I didn't have it on this time.  So I was lucky that only flesh got drug across the asphalt.  I know I should wear a helmet.

Mike and Bear, I wish it was scenery that had distracted me.  Particularly some of that scenery you shared Bear.  That would have made the pain and suffering worth it.  LOL...

Razorbill, glad to know I"m not alone in this.  I do enjoy biking a lot.  I was up to almost 60 miles in a weekend at one point.  I don't get to bike during the week because I work away from St. Louis and there isn't anyplace to ride where I work and I don't like hauling the bike back and forth.  But you do feel kind of foolish when you flop over like that.  You look to see if anyone noticed.  If I'm okay to get up on my own, I hope no one notices.  Now, if I'm laying there on the ground needing assistance that would be something different.  Unfortunately, I can't say I was distracted, I just used bad judgment.

Blinders huh Eric...  LOL... I do wish it had been because of hot guys distracting me.  OH well...  BTW, I was in Kansas City Sunday night for training on Monday.  There were some hot young guys playing in the pool and I had a nice second floor view.  At one point there was whooping and hollering... I walked over to the window and low and behold one of the hot guys had lost his swim trunks.  What a nice view... LOL

Nico, well, as I mentioned I didn't get anything to distract me.  And unfortunately it is my solo hand.  I broke the little finger on that hand about 4 years ago--ripped that finger wide open too... that was from tripping on the steps with my hands full of stuff.  I did "adapt" then.  But this will be much a much shorter recovery.  Man, what secrets you guys get me to lay out here.   :)

I've never been big on sports either Blondbeauty.  But I do like my biking.  It gives me the illusion of keeping fit and exercising.  Of course, at this rate it could shorten my life expectancy.

It was sure a big OUCH Thunter.  And I toned down the description of the injury and my response to the injury (and I'm not talking about bad words, I'm talking about taking medical care into my own hands)....  But, after I got things washed off it didn't appear that I needed professional help. 

Daniel, even with the mishap, I enjoy the biking. I would have done more biking over the weekend but the park was full of Pride goers...   so that would have been either distracting or irritating since I would have had lots of obstacles.  I don't mind walking either.  Walking is better for Romance than biking for sure.

Hey D, you could come kiss it (me) anyway.  I wouldn't mind.   But yes, you are a ways away.  BTW, your idea about fall has lots of potential.  We should work on that.  It is after school starts back up so I'd have to see where things fell.

Thanks for the cyber kiss Scott.  I have already been back on the bike.  And maybe I need to work out coming your way and riding.  You have had my attention for some time.   ;)

Again, thanks for all of the words of support in this little mishap.  I like keeping my skin on my body and the opening in the skin to those that I came with.  So I shall do my best to just keep upright on the bike and not go over the front anytime in the near future.

Take care everyone!  Hugs!

David
Diagnosed 1/9/06

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.