Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:23:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: i m realy afraid  (Read 12914 times)

Offline ZAH76

i m realy afraid
« on: August 28, 2008, 07:38:15 am »
Dear all

I had 2 bad experience last week : the first one i shared cigarettes with some friends " unknown HIV status"the second one a friend was playing with a sharp knife , so i told him to stop playing , he said are u afraid and he took the knife and hit me with the knife on my tummy , i was wearing a shirt nothing happen to the shirt but at night i mentioned a scrach and a very small sore less than a moskito bite , i m not sure if there s any blood on the blade but one day I saw him using the same knife to cut a dead skin on his hand.
my qst : ANY RISK ? I HAVE TO MAKE A TEST ?
N.B : i m always afraid from hiv

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: i m realy afraid
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:44:36 am »
You need to read our lesson about Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. This epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come so you need to become better informed. Neither of the incidents you are worrying about were a risk for transmission. By learning the real risks you can protect yourself and not worry needlessly.

Read that lesson.
Andy Velez

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:54:57 am »
thank you
but what if there s blood on the knife

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:57:19 am »
Zah,

Hiv is not spread through casual contact. What you've described is casual contact. Hiv is mainly spread through UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse.

It doesn't matter if there was blood on the knife. Hiv is not spread through contact with blood in the environment. Hiv is very fragile and it doesn't survive when it is outside the body.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

You have NOT had a risk. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you won't have a risk in future either.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:08:01 am »
Thank you Ane & Andy

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 03:01:38 pm »
Dear All

sorry for bothering you again.

but today i mentioned a  red stain on the my skin look like a red rose , so i m again confused , what if my friend had some cuts on lips during sharing cigarettes or my friend cuts his finger seconds before hiting me with the knife?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 03:37:11 pm »
Is this something that really happened or are you just spending time very foolishly by coming up with other scenarios to scare yourself with?

Even if it did happen, as you have already been told, HIV is a fragile virus and it is not spread from the surfaces of cigarettes, knives, scissors, pencils, toilet seats, fabrics, hands, kisses, doorknobs, haircuts and anything else of a surface nature that your mind may not have yet come up with.

Andy Velez

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 04:22:36 pm »
so i can say that this red stain is not related to hiv and i don't need any test?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:45:36 pm »
You do not need to test because of that red stain. That's not how HIV is transmitted. Get on with your life. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 03:35:38 pm »
please guys i need a scientifical answer

lets say my friend cut his finger just one second before hiting me with the knife

1-a small wound or sore less than a moskito bite and a scrash from the knife is considered a risk?if yes or not plz explain , taking into consideration that this knife may conatain fresh blood on the surface

2-till now i found more than 6 red stains on my skin in diferents parts of my body . any link betwen his stains and hiv

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 03:56:38 pm »
I will repeat what I told a gentleman earlier regarding a lap dance. he had similar questions regarding a cut on his lip and fluids.

HIV cannot be transmitted through skin. Even cuts and scrapes and scabs on the skin pose no route for infection, as the skin begins healing within seconds.

Moreover, HIV requires very specific cells in order to infect. These vulnerable cells are almost exclusive to the urethra (inside the penis), rectum/anus, and vagina.

In the 30 years of HIv scientific study, not a single case of HIv has EVER been documented through the actions you describe. Cannot be made to happen in a lab, with simians/primates using SHIV/HIV and certainly not in the field.

I urge you to read the lessons on this site regarding transmission. They are on the clickable link at the top of the page, and will tell you all there is to know. We base our transmission assessments on repeated, current, first-tiered peer-reviewed scientific data. We are proud to be one of the very few sites online to do so.

HIv is infectious through penetrative sexual contact. It is NOT contagious.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 04:37:05 pm »
Dear jkinalt

my case wasn't a a cut or scrape on my skin , it was a cut and scrapes on my tummy due to a knife cut with  possibility to have fresh blood on it

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 04:48:47 pm »
Lets just say that if you were to be infected with HIv through the incident as described, you would be getting all the free medical care and media attention you could ever desire. HIv is simply not spread that way, and if your body is that drastically different from other people's, or your friends HIV is that different from existing varieties, then the both of  you would warrant untold study and tests.

Seriously, you did not have a risk. You can spin this however you want. First time you posted, there was no cut on your tummy. Next time, there was a stain. Now it looks like you got stabbed after he sliced off the top of his finger.  I'm not meaning to be smarmy, but look at your posts.

You had no risk.

I urge you to learn about HIV in the lessons on this site. Its going to be around for a long time. Can't spend your life looking for it larking in shadows. Just use a condom when having vaginal and/or anal sex. It's that simple.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 04:57:06 pm »
dear i m taking the Worse scenario by considering he cuts his finger seconds before hiting me , and on my first post i said " a sore " i mean a small cut

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 05:00:46 pm »
I am struggling with different ways of saying "No Risk."

You had no risk. There was no risk. You have been told this repeatedly. I fail to see how this topic could possibly be stretched out any longer.

Welcome Thread

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 05:09:18 pm »
with all all all my respect to jkinatl2 , any reply from Andy or Ann?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 06:10:44 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 06:26:36 pm »
ZAH, we've given you information repeatedly and it doesn't seem to help you to get past your anxiety. We can't provide you with the kind of mental health care you may want to look into. And we are not willing to simply indulge you back and forth about these unfounded worries.

You've been warned about this situation before. I'm giving you a 28 day time out.

Get on with your life and get  professional help if you need it.
Andy Velez

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 03:28:59 am »
Dear all nice to be again in contact with you and sorry for pushing you to give me a time out for 28 days . During this period I made a lot of research concerning my case , some websites are so pessimist as ” the body,cdc,san Francisco aids foundation & medhelp” other rare like yours are very optimistic and make life so easy!!
I don’t why this contradiction of information ? HIV is a virus , it s science and in science 1+1=2 , no ??!! maybe I wasn’t so clear by describing my case so please try for the last time to give me a clear answer and to explain why this contradiction between information !

I had 2 bad experience last month : the first one i shared cigarettes with some friends they are unknown HIV status “ ok no more fears about this incident because all websites say no risk” the second one : a friend “ old prisoner with a lot of tattoos done in prison & sexually active “ was playing with a sharp knife , so i told him to stop playing , he said are u afraid and he took the knife and hit me with the knife on my tummy , i was wearing a shirt nothing happen to the shirt but at night i mentioned a scratch and a  small cut around 3mm not bleeding but red enough , still visible after 1 month, I tried to push on it at night so I saw few very few blood  , i m not sure if there s any blood on the blade but one day I saw him using the same knife to cut a dead skin on his hand and usually he use the same knife to joke with people “ same as my scenario “  and my concern is “ last if “ what if during  he s giving me this shoot he cut his finger?

P.S : I Had cancer sore on my mouth after 15 days and also a rash on my skin & anxiety .

Please waiting your answers “ specially Ann & Andy “. Give me estimations by % , it s very important I m really afraid due to this contradiction of info.
I visited a doc concerning my fears , he gave me deanxit and asked to wait till the 13 weeks to make the test .

ZAH

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 05:54:28 am »
What you are going to get is another time out or a ban. You were given your assessment. NO RISK..

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 10:33:53 am »
please Ann or Andy

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 12:24:55 pm »
P.S:

My wife don’t believe my incident ! and because I m using condoms she s thinking that I m cheating on her and I had a risky relation because on her knowledge hiv is only related to sex :(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 04:30:56 pm »
Nothing has changed in our evaluation of your situation. We're not here to quantify and get caught up in percentages as you want us to do. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. End of story.

If you have troublesome symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor.

You have no reason to be concerned about passing HIV to your wife. If you can't come to peace with this issue then I also suggest you see a therapist or other mental health professional to help you sort things out.

And as Rod has told you, you're just heading towards another time out or a ban.
Andy Velez

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 04:58:33 am »
dears

just tell me why this contradiction of info and i ll disapear

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 05:05:42 am »
Good-bye...

Offline ZAH76

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 01:01:49 pm »
dears

PLEASE ! just tell me why this contradiction of info and i ll disapear

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 03:21:15 pm »
Zah,

I have no idea why some hiv websites continually scare-monger.

You didn't have a risk for infection.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about - this one will last for 56 days. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:24:09 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.