Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:58:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: another one -- oral with HIV+  (Read 15390 times)

Offline studiomdd

another one -- oral with HIV+
« on: July 06, 2006, 05:15:04 am »
Hi. I want to start off to say I respect the time you put to help people with these worries and scares. You are truly great souls. Andy, Ann, ROD.. Brent, and everyone else that cares.. I have gone through the threads all weekend looking for answers and found plenty.
I am a 19 year old photographer in NYC starting out and I am actually shooting 15 HIV+ guys and girls this Friday in my home JULY 7TH for hopesvoice.org. They like my photography and asked me if I would do it. I'm doing it because I truly care.

Now my problem:

I know the basics and how oral (giving) is very low risk. But I want to ask about my exposure.
It was a long oral session (me giving), he ejaculated away from me but about 3-4 minutes after he ejaculated I gave him the blowjob. I don't remember cuts in my mouth- but there wasn't alot of saliva involved because my mouth was dry.

I just found out yesterday that this guy is poz. He told me he doesn't have money for medication and he knows for sure his T-Cells Count (I think that is the right term?) is HIGH and he is, in his words, "contagious". Thats where my worries come in .. and strong.

So to sum up my questions:

1) Giving oral to someone 3-4 minutes after ejaculation - how risky is that?

2) Giving oral to a HIV+ guy with high numbers that admits to being unhealthy and 'contagious'?

3) I also want to help the guy take care of himself. Where can I tell him to go to get free treatment to get healthier?

I have to wait 2 more weeks to get tested. What do you guys expect the result to be?

Offline RapidRod

Re: another one -- oral with HIV+
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 05:26:08 am »
All are small small risks, clear at the bottom of the scale. As for getting help, if he's not working and you are in the US he can get a Medical card and get himself an ID doctor.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 06:01:00 am »
studio,

Giving oral is low risk no matter when you do it.

High T-cells are GOOD. Those are the cells that hiv destroys so having a lot of them means the body is coping well. By telling you he had high T-cells, he was saying he is healthy, not unhealthy.

ANYONE who is hiv positive can transmit the virus, whether they are on meds or not.

As you are in NYC, the GMHC would be a good place to start getting help for your friend.

If you're going to be working with positive people, you might benefit from reading through some of the Lessons found elsewhere on this website and also have a read through the
Welcome Thread where you will find the link to the Transmission Lesson as well as our forum posting guidelines.

I do hope you know that anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:50:06 pm »
can someone help me

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 05:55:34 pm »
messedup,

We can try, but you need to post your own thread. Please read through the Welcome Thread first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:04:33 pm »
Thank you Ann so much and Rod.

Andy what do you think?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 09:14:10 pm »
I'm not Andy, but I have yet to find any scientific evidence to suggest that aidsmeds.com's risk assessment is in any way incorrect. If anything, its conservative.

You simply won't get HIV from receiving oral sex.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 09:21:07 pm »
Thank you for you answer  :)

Receiving I know for sure .. I wouldnt even worry about that for a second. But I was talking about giving oral a few minutes after he ejactulated.. and also giving oral before he ejaculated...with precum in my mouth.

Other circumstances that make my question a bit different is ..

1) I had a dry mouth, and I was doing it for a long time.
2) He says he doesn't take meds and he is more 'contagious'

I would like your opinion on that now jkinatl2

Thanks
I will post the pics from tomorrow's photoshoot tomorrow if that interests you guys.

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 12:23:23 am »
 ???

also would like an opinion from Morgan if possible

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 01:21:13 am »
Studiomdd,

I would second Ann's remarks.  Her assesments are the gold standard.  Performing oral, while a risk, is very, very small.

The mouth is a very inhospitable place for hiv.  It is rare for infection to occur there.

Morgan
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:38:44 am by Morgan »
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 03:31:36 am »
Studio,

The assessments we give on this website are given under the assumption that your partner is positive. As I told you yesterday, it does not matter whether or not a person is on meds, they are still capable of transmitting their virus.

However, giving oral is still on the very, very low risk end of the scale.

And by the way, please tell your friend that hiv is not considered "contagious". The word he wants is infectious. You might also want to direct him to the Living With forum of this website and the Lessons as well. 

If you have any doubts about your hiv status, you should test. If this incident is the riskiest thing you've ever done, I fully expect your result to be negative. And again, as I said yesterday, you should be having annual or biannual tests and if you don't already, now is the time to start. It's the responsible thing to do when you're sexually active.

As for the posting your photo shoot here, first you would be prudent to get the permission of the people in your photos. Make sure they don't mind. If you do post them, please post them in the Off Topic forum, not here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 09:23:48 am »
hello friends!!

i tested! NEGATIVE

thank you all and MUCH LOVE

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 01:50:10 pm »
Studio,

That's good, if not unexpected, news. Keep using condoms and you will continue to avoid hiv infection.

Hope your friend managed to get some health care.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studiomdd

HI - very worried. need some feedback!
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 02:42:42 am »
I will describe exactly what happened:

An anonymous online"friend" came over. He is a drug user. He left in my home 3 syringes filled with a drug.
I did not know if the syringes were used or clean.
I decided to let the syringes sit for 1 week.
Here is where it gets weird:

I decided to pick up the syringe that looked the cleanest. I took a wirecutter and COMPLETELY CUT OFF THE NEEDLE.

obviously since the needle was completely removed the fluid/contents of the syringe had some expoure to air.

I was drunk (and stupid) and decided to "booty bump" the solution. Meaning I stuck the NEEDLE-LESS syringe into my ass and pushed the solution.

Emberassing I know ..  :-[

Assuming the syringe was used by a HIV poz individual ... is my risk for hiv transmission AS HIGH as IV ? again: the needle was completely removed leaving an open hole exposing air into the syringe ..
again: the syringes were left and not touched for 1 week prior to this incident..

if I am at high risk I will follow through with PEP at my local ER immediately. This happened a few hours ago (the booty bump)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:08:35 am by studiomdd »

Offline studiomdd

Re: HI - very worried. need some feedback!
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 02:46:23 am »
I examined the syringe also.
The fluids inside looked completely CLEAR. like it looked new. (this syringe i DID use)
as opposed to the other needle which I could see the fluid was kind of reddish (this syringe i DID NOT USE)

I can not get in touch with the guy .

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 03:01:38 am »
please someone reply ... i know this one is kind of tricky .. freakin out here.

thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 04:38:05 am »
The first thing you do is keep all your questions and concerns in your original thread.

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 04:43:25 am »
please rod .. gimme a chance here with this thread.

i wouldn't know where to begin digging up my older thread. then re-editing everything?   asking for a pass on this please rod

:-\

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 04:44:23 am »
just want to know if my scenario is high or low risk - then i will put this thread to bed

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 04:54:59 am »
Underneath your name on the left click "show own posts."

Offline studiomdd

ANOTHER INCIDENT ! ROD? ANN? ANDY?
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 04:59:17 am »

An anonymous online"friend" came over. He is a drug user. He left in my home 3 syringes filled with a drug.

I decided to pick up the syringe that looked the cleanest. I took a wirecutter and COMPLETELY CUT OFF THE NEEDLE.

obviously since the needle was completely removed the fluid/contents of the syringe had some expoure to air.

I was drunk (and stupid) and decided to "booty bump" the solution. Meaning I stuck the NEEDLE-LESS syringe into my ass and pushed the solution.

Emberassing I know ..  Embarrassed

Assuming the syringe was used by a HIV poz individual ... is my risk for hiv transmission AS HIGH as IV ? again: the needle was completely removed leaving an open hole exposing air into the syringe ..
again: the syringes were left and not touched for 1 week prior to this incident..

if I am at high risk I will follow through with PEP at my local ER immediately. This happened a few hours ago (the booty bump)

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 05:01:05 am »
ok, rod .. done.
can i change the topic or not?

(being this i not related to oral)

Offline studiomdd

SYRINGE INCIDENT
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 05:02:57 am »

Emberassing I know ..  Embarrassed

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 05:05:00 am »
ok, i put it into my older thread titled "another one -- oral with HIV+"

please help!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 05:10:13 am »
You should have been able to answer that question yourself. No. You did not take the drugs via IV.

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 05:15:05 am »

what about the membranes in the anus?

i mean i did stuff the syringe in there ..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 05:19:04 am »
No, kidding. You gave yourself an enema with a syringe fillled with ?. No risk.

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 05:21:21 am »
love you

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 05:29:23 am »
wait .. rod .. YOU 100% understood my question right? i still love you but need to make sure!!

assuming the guy is POZ and used the syringe to IV the drug.. meaning he injected with needle ..

then reloaded the same syringe for me to use..

i waited a week, then cut off the needle, then bootybumped it ...

what happened to his blood that was in the syringe ? the virus disappears as soon as the needle is detached?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 05:46:18 am »
You were never at risk. HIV can't survive in an environment such as that. I would start buying my on syringes if I were you. Next time you can just squirt it under your tongue. A little less of a thrill for you, but you'll get the same results.

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 01:50:31 pm »
Ann? what do you think? Andy?

Friend insists I get more opinions

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 02:08:31 pm »
studio,

You didn't have a risk.

I'd advise your to stay away from syringes full of drugs you can't be sure of. You were at far greater risk of over-dosing on some unknown quantity/strength of some unknown drug (he may have said *$* is in those syringes, but how do YOU know he told you the truth?) than you were of anything else.

Use your brains instead of your "get high" muscle in future before you do yourself some drug-related damage.

You didn't have a risk for hiv.

Ann
(who is not anti-drug, but believes in using them with a liberal side-order of common sense)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 02:23:58 pm »
Thank you Ann for you open mind  :-*

So it is the needle that transmits the virus? Assuming infected blood was inside the syringe - removing the needle killed it?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 03:24:37 pm »
Removing the needle had nothing to do with it. HIV will not stay active any length of time and squirting it up your ass isn't a risk factor. If you would have done the drugs directly after your friend and shot it up your veins then you would have put yourself at risk.

Offline studiomdd

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2008, 07:36:44 am »
Rod, Ann .. I am not freaking out anymore. I can thank you both for that ..

I am just trying to educate myself .. also a bit curious now ..

I've read the HIV virus can live in a syringe for up to 36 days.

What about other factors? Minor cuts in the anus before I squirted the fluids ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 07:40:43 am »
Studio,

I don't care what you read. Hiv does not remain intact and able to infect when outside the human body for any period of time. As Rodney told you, you would have to use the same syringe an hiv positive person had JUST used and inject directly into your bloodstream.

You didn't have a risk. Keep going on about it and whatiffing about it and you'll be timed out. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.