Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:09:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 493
Total: 494

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: UK Bedroom Tax--EXEMPTIONS  (Read 4439 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
UK Bedroom Tax--EXEMPTIONS
« on: October 19, 2013, 04:35:11 am »
I am delighted to report that I have been awarded a full exemption from this tax , backdated to April , it required a letter from  " a " Doctor , I choose my HIV consultant who knows my medical history better than the other 4 I have.

So out off the 3 posable reasons Which was the winner.

1---The fact that the room is 56 sq. feet .

2---The Doctor,s list of 12 on going  serious medical conditions I have .

3---The line in the Doctors letter " regularly requires friends or family members to stay overnight due to his medical condition "

Answers on a Postcard to Dept off Incredibly Badly Drawn Up Law , if you really need the answer PM me .

For non UK readers our present government decimated our civil service on coming to Office , they now have a reputation for very poorly thought out and  inadequate bills/law. Who would off guessed.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: UK Bedroom Tax--EXEMPTIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:09:22 am »
You can be taxed for bedrooms? :o
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Theyer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:06:54 am »
Well 400 years ago Betty dear we where taxed for Glass in windows,

If you are receiving benefits or your income is low you can receive HOUSING BENEFIT which contributes/pays your rent.

In April this benefit was changed  so if you where a single person with more than 2 rooms K & B you lost 14% for one room 25% for two. As in London rents are high this benefit is very important to many low income folk . I am very lucky to have social housing in a great area my rent is $180 aweek in the private market it would be at least 3 times as much, to buy such a flat I would need at least  $400000 and that would be one requiring a lot off work. Madness
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline britchick

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:19:31 am »
Theyer,

Thats great news.Its a really unfair tax and affecting people who can least afford it.Well done for standing up to the system

britchickx

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 11:21:00 am »
Glad to hear you got your well deserved exemption Michael! :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 06:26:58 am »
Theyer,

That's great news.Its a really unfair tax and affecting people who can least afford it.Well done for standing up to the system

britchickx

Thanks Brit , it was more like sitting down asking ? after ? and then getting lucky with a worker in the housing dept. The law change has been a complete failure in all ways, it has not increased mobility, reduced overcrowding , costs a good ole Tory cock up. I find the change interesting as its not being trumpetted in the press . Fear off " u ' turn maybe.
m

Offline britchick

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »
The Govt dont seem to know what they are doing here, did you also hear about the PIP roll out going to take ages?It just leaves so many people worried about their future.

((((Im really, really glad that you kept going with the paperwork)))))))).

Im sure that the govt will have to do some kind of u turn too.Im not a deeply political person , but perhaps if we cut back on the huge salaries MP's still get,expenses etc, then there would be more money available to people who are genuinely ill.OOOps ,I'd better stop ranting(LOL)....but I just feel so miffed to see MP's flying first class,claiming money for paper and pens.......and so on!!!!!!!!!!!

britchickx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.