Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:42:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Arghargarawrrgh.  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Arghargarawrrgh.
« on: February 27, 2007, 07:41:44 pm »
ARARARGHGHHAWRGHH. I'm having a tantrum.

Basically, for the past few weeks I've lived permanently with my father  instead of living with my mother and father back and forth twice a week. Ugh, what hell that was. I was with my father Sunday night to Wednesday morning and my mom Wednesday morning to Sunday night.

But, my mom is an even bigger bitch than I am and therefore I decided living with my father was probably healthier. There are personal issues that he is supportive of as well that also influenced me to live with him. But, basically, my mom is irresponsible, selfish, an alcoholic and I suspect she is interested in keeping me only because of the child support I was bringing in for her of which little was spent on me.

Now, my dad has HBV and has recently gone on disability. He's been putting off treatment for a while and I'm glad that he's finally taking care of it before it gets out of hand. Even if I had continued to live with my mother the child support would have decreased drastically and she would not have been able to afford her alcoholic/cigarette/lottery habit that she spends like most of the child support check on. However, she doesn't understand this and loathes my father for going on disability and not giving her as much child support.

Recently, he terminated the child support altogether since I've been living with him because, well, my mother now has no child to support and soon I'll be forced to go into court to officially say I'd like to live with my father permanently because she won't take no for an answer and still thinks that if she can persuade me to live with her she'll get more money.

ANYWAYYY, other than being a total bitch in THAT regard, she's now telling me I can't come and get some of my furniture (book shelves and stuff). Even though a) they belong to me and b) she didn't even pay for them. My father did.

I have such a throbbing headache because of her and I'm so disgusted that I'm not only associated with her but I am also her SPAWN. Christ.

The woman must be stopped.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: Arghargarawrrgh.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:22:42 pm »
Jaser-

I support you in trying to find a sane place to live. I commiserate with the mom horrors, having been forced to endure them myself.

Brent
(Who loves Little Man very much)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:29:45 pm »
Jaser-

I support you in trying to find a sane place to live. I commiserate with the mom horrors, having been forced to endure them myself.

Brent
(Who loves Little Man very much)

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:26 pm »
Try and concentrate on whats going on with you. Mums can be hell. Mine was,for years but since my diagnosis has been great, maybe guilt playing a part. Hope you find a good place to be, physically and emotionally x
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline koi1

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 08:54:13 pm »
Moms can be bitches from hell, my ex's mom was and is a total c you next tuesday.  He has deep emotiional scarrs from her. His father was prick as well, so at least you have a nice father. And yes, you are doing the right thing by finding a supportive, healthier environmnet. I hope she lets you have your stuff back and that nothing sentimental was left behind for her to keep from you.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:27:20 pm »
Gosh, your Ma Dukes sounds like my sister, money hungry. She got pissed too when I went on disability for the same reason your Ma is in a huff. Sounds like to me, you made the right decision and I take it, you and your father get along a lot better. Well sweetie, don't stress it anymore cause you're in a better place. Just do what you gotta do.. ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:39:45 am »
Jaser sweetie, you''re a teenager, tantrums are a given! ;)

I'll keep my eye out for you 'you know where' so we can chat.
Meanwhile, keep on hanging in there honey!

Big squishy hugs
Aunty Melia :-*
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Rainbow1

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 11:47:10 am »
just keep your head up, things will get better

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 11:47:38 am »
Thanks you guys. I know I should just let her think whatever she wants and just concentrate on whatever's best for me but I HATE it when disgusting people get away with thinking they're right.

The truth is the time I spent at her house was like hell. In addition to that my father doesn't want all of my animals at his house. I think if I can give my three female mice to my boyfriend to take care of (I'm at his house constantly anyway and will be living with him over the summer) I can persuade my dad to let me keep my rats at his house. I already have Morgan the mouse here, along with my pink-toed tarantula Peter Parker.

I just can't wait until I can actually feel settled down somewhere. I'm tired of moving back and forth from houses and rooms and feeling like every bed I slept in was temporary. Matter of fact, the only bed I've ever slept in that felt permanent is my boyfriend's and I can't be with him as often as I'd like to. But I've started to sort it out here - trying to make my room here feel like home, I guess. Finally being able to take all of my things and have them in one place where I can take care of them. Tacking all of my posters up on the walls - making plans of things I'd like to paint on my bookshelves and furniture and this morning I've even finally aquired little glow-in-the-dark stars to stick to my ceiling that look even more impressive against the blacklight I have next to one of my windows.

Plus books books books books books. I have so many I think I'm going to have to put some up in the attic eventually but I don't want to. I wish I had more shelves.

The point is the walls at my mom's were bare and the room itself was dirty and cramped and dusty. There was a hole in the wall from where I had had a fight with her. My TV didn't work. I opened up the drawers in my desk every day only to find things had been moved around and shifted through. And there were no stars on my ceiling. The thought of having to go back to that place and exist through another two years of hell before I can finally say 'fuck you' and leave is unbearable. It'd be like escaping from the dankest torture chamber in hell only to be sent back to it the second you feel at peace somewhere.

I'm fortunate to have somewhere to run away to. Me and my dad had problems in the past but when it comes down to everything basic it just makes sense to live somewhere where you don't feel cornered.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.