Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:41:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 154
Total: 157

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My 3rd ER Visit in 3 months  (Read 5140 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
My 3rd ER Visit in 3 months
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:20:31 am »
  ??? On Friday morning @ about 3AM the pain on my left side was so bad, i jumped into the car, and went to the ER, I got there at about 3:25AM, about 5AM they took Blood & Urine and I didn't hear anything till about 10AM, when my doctor walks into the waiting room and saw me sitting there, she ask me "why are you here" I told her, and she said she was doing rounds at the Hospital today , and she just saw my Labs and said they were fine, but was concerned about my left side pain, we talked for about 10min, and I told her I'd see her next month, when I have an appointment for a follow-up, she told me that I'll be here all day, to monitor your progress in the ER, but, I'll be on the 5th floor clinic all day.

Well at about 11AM they call me back and give me a bed, and i talk to the GI-doctor, he ask some questions, and did a rectal-exam and looked at my Urine test and said that I have a urinary-tract-infection, and a lot of white-cells in my urine and my Prostate is a little swollen, so he sent me to CT-scan, and I had to Drink this aw full stuff every 1/2 hour until about 4:30PM when I had the CT-Scan, I also had a Enema along with the CT-scan, at about 6PM the doctor came in and told me that my CT-scan was fine, but they saw my left-side was a little swollen, so he told me I have Colitis and Prostatitis the Colitis I'll always have, so that explains my lipo-belly-look and all of the non-stop-diarrhea , the Prostatitis is treatable with Ciprofloxacn ( Cipro) for 14 days, and he also give me some Vicoden for the pain........I'm still having left side Abdominal pain, but after the Cipro kicks-in, and heals the infection in my gut, I'm sure I'll be back on my feet in no-time........ :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:38:45 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: My 3rd ER Visit in 3 months
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:36:27 pm »
Dennis,

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.  I was on Cipro, ( I think) back in 1998 or 1999, can't think off hand, for gut issues.  It did the job.  No dairy, with Cipro.  I was on the 500 mg tab for 14 days.

Take care of yourself---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 04:42:49 pm »
Hey Dennis,

Sorry to hear of the gut problems. Keep us posted on how things are going.

When you have finished the Cipro, you may want to eat some yogurt to replenish your good gut critters.

Of course, I don't know how that works with Colitis.

Oh, I am sending you a PM with some info.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline denb45

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »
Dennis,

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.  I was on Cipro, ( I think) back in 1998 or 1999, can't think off hand, for gut issues.  It did the job.  No dairy, with Cipro.  I was on the 500 mg tab for 14 days.

Take care of yourself---Ray

Thanks Ray, it's the 500 mg tabs of Cipro for 14 days.............it's the 500 mg of Vicoden that makes me sick, I already STOPPED taking that, I'll deal with the pain some other way  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline denb45

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 06:23:20 pm »
Hey Dennis,

Sorry to hear of the gut problems. Keep us posted on how things are going.

When you have finished the Cipro, you may want to eat some yogurt to replenish your good gut critters.

Of course, I don't know how that works with Colitis.

Oh, I am sending you a PM with some info.

HUGS,

Mark

Mark, I replied to your PM, oh BTW......I cannot do ANY Dairy products due to my lactose intolerance
I'am doing as well as I can do, it's this annoying Cramping feeling in my left side Abdominal that's painful and the CT-scan came back NEG, and they didn't find anything there, but some inflammation in that area
I hope it's a bug that the Cipro clears up.....dunno  ??? I'll find out by Tuesday, that would be 5 days after being on the Cipro.......
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:30:48 pm by denb45 »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:00:05 pm »
Dennis,

How are you getting along?  Hope everything is much better....

hugs, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline denb45

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:41 pm »
Dennis,

How are you getting along?  Hope everything is much better....

hugs, Alan

Hello Alan...well I still have the left-side cramping-pain, but, it's not as bad as it was on Friday.....guess  the Cipro is doing the job..the good news is no more diarrhea  :D it's been years for me not to have this, and feels kinda strange at the same time .... diarrhea was a very big part of my life for about 13 yrs. but I'm not outta the woods just yet, as I still have till the 29th of July till the Cipro runs out, but I'm feeling a lot better now, I've stopped taking the Omgea 3 fish oil, along with the Loperamide (imodium) and the Ranitidine, I'm not sure, but, i think the long-term use of these meds may be a big part of my GI-problems....I sure feel a hell of a lot better NOT taking any of them anymore, I did this without the advice of my Doctor, but, I'll let her know when I see her next month  ;D  Alan I hope your doing ok as well  ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:29:58 am by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 03:27:09 pm »
Hi
Kurt and I are on vacation but I wanted to check on you and see how you are doing. Hope the antibiotics work for you.
Hugs

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline denb45

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:44:12 pm »
Hi
Kurt and I are on vacation but I wanted to check on you and see how you are doing. Hope the antibiotics work for you.
Hugs

Joel

Well Thanks Joel & Kurt, I'm doing ok, my pain is gone, and the CIPRO seems to be working, this is some STRONG SHIT, I must say  ???

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.