Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:07:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 233
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread No 43: Strike a woman - you strike a rock..  (Read 58399 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Re: Ladies Thread No 43: Strike a woman - you strike a rock..
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 07:21:50 pm »
My goodness, Winn, he looks just like you!  Do you have any after pictures?  How'd it turn out?  You should've shaved him bald while you were at it..lol!

Betty, we're going to the beach the week after Labor Day.  I absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt and in no uncertain terms HATE the beach.  But, my mom's family went every year when she was growing up and 4yrs ago, when #6 was a year old, she decided she wanted to continue the tradition with her kids and grandkids.  My brother flies up from Louisiana and comes with us, too.  They pay, so it's hard to complain.  I still cook and do laundry, so it's not much a vacation for me.  We're trying to convince them to go to Hershey next year in late August when they are having the Renaissance Festival in Lancester Co.  When i mentioned it last night, mom seemed hurt.  *sigh* So, I guess next year, we're back at the beach.  Did I mention that I HATE the beach? :-\  The stupid car is going to cost us $35 to tow (we have a towing plan through ATT) and close to $300 to fix.  Where's the money coming from?  I haven't the foggiest idea.

For Mim's birthday we're just going to have it here with my parents, my aunt/uncle and her little cousins, my grandmother, and a couple of her friends.  We're going to have it on Friday night.  She wants me to fix tacos, so I'll do the meat and make it like a taco bar type thingy.  She also wants a chocolate cake / icing, so i'm going to make her a doll cake (where the cake is the doll's dress) and use all kinds of bright "Mexican" colors to decorate it.  Everyone else will get cupcakes.  The weather is supposed to be nice, so after dinner, we'll procede outside and just let the kids run around and play / jump on the trampoline.  She wants to learn how to sew and cross-stitch, so we got her a sewing machine (got it on sale for $10 2yrs ago..lol), and some stamped cross-stitch to start her learning.  My parents are getting her a sewing box and material. 

On Saturday, her "real" birthday, we'll take her out for breakfast.  I'm really big on birthdays and celebrating the gift of having loved ones around for another year.

Ok, this is getting rediculously long.  Sorry about that!  I need to get the booglets up for snack and bed.  They've been cranky all day long and it's either early to bed, or mum goes crazy.

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 07:30:54 pm »
My goodness, Winn, he looks just like you! 

Scary huh? LOL

no, I didn't take any more pics he left while his hair was wet but he came back with my gal pal of 20 + years.
It doesn't look much better at all. Its still a very unnatural shade of yellow. I think all I did was cut down on the orange in it.

He likes the color he just wants the roots to grow out then he will be happy with it. <wierdo kid> He said he likes having multi toned hair and that unnatural colors is popular with kids now adays.

I couldn't shave his head. I can barely manage to get him to agree to getting a haircut. Every couple of years or so I have gotten him to to cut it. He is balding so eventually he will have to give up on the idea of having long hair. He doesn't want to be the bald guy with a long pony tail.  ::) We will see....

Offline minismom

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 07:44:16 pm »
Here's 2 of my boys sporting their mohawks.  LOL..didn't realize that #6 snuck into the picture.

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 07:45:51 pm »
Here's our youngest sporting her pink eyeglasses.  She's such a nut :P

www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2008, 07:47:52 pm »
OK, 1 more.  This is my mom, our youngest son, and our middle son riding on a camel.  Mini was too scared to ride because she said the camel was too tall - then she goes and climbs a pyramid ::)

www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:13 pm »
They are adorable!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:10 pm »
Mum---Nah, I am still in the hood just the not so ghetto part. The part of the hood where the ghetto fabulous care about their homes. Trust me, it's a major improvement from where I was. I think you are getting me confused with Cindy who lives in the burbs but calls it her hood which I think is cute, btw. I heard you and Mini were adorable at the AMG. All your little spuds are cute actually. I usually don't dish out comments often when it comes to kids but most of the ones I have seen are hood rats with no type of manners. Interesting tidbit about the meaning of the word ghetto. I guess we stole a Jewish word and made it our own...

Wini--You really did spit your son out. I have never seen a kid look so identical to their parent.

OMG Queen checkin' out the plumber at her new crib!   ;D

Hee hee

What? I didn't flirt with him. I was polite but he was thick as hell like someone straight out the farm. And you trippin on me. Please tell me why I have these young bucks sniffing around me? Prolly cause my ass is in heat... ;D

I had been playing poker for hours and decided to stop through. Now I think I am going to do some laundry since it has cooled down. And if anyone wants my MySpace page just hit me up.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2008, 08:34:25 pm »
Hey everyone! Just checking in real quick. Last night was fun but I have been SO TIRED today! I went to my classroom for about an hour then when to my grandmother's house and got back home at about 2:00 and slept off and on until 5:00! I don't know what the problem is. I can't shake the tiredness.

Queen-Work it out girl!  ;)

Wendy-I agree...your son is your spitting image!

Mum-The little ones are sooo cute! I am so glad you are feeling better. I have a question about the sewing machine. I have always wanted to learn how to sew and would love to take a class, I just can't see spending all that money on a machine. Where did your mom find one so cheap?

Betty- How can you see without your glasses? I would be in BIG TROUBLE! I am blind as a bat without either my glasses or contacts. Still smoke free???? YAY! You are going to feel so good! You are so close to finishing. The last part is the hardest.

Brandy-I totally know what you are saying. One degree at a time...LOL! I was working on my Master's when I got really sick and I actually walked in the ceremony but I never finished my thesis. I REALLY need to finish since I spent all that time and money but I kind of want to start over. The program I was in is at the school where I got my credential and they have a program especially for teachers where you can do a year long project with your class as the subjects. I think I want to research something else...I just don't know. I just dread having to do all the work.

I think I got everyone.... :) :) Talk to you all soon!
Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »
Andrea, I found it at Walmart, I think, or maybe Target, the day after Thanksgiving in 2006!  I figured with 3 girls, someone would want to learn to sew eventually..LOL..I just never figured it would be Mini :P  I know I've seen them at Goodwill.  The only problem is that you can't return them if it doesn't work. 

Here we have a thing called "free cycle".  It's an internet listing of stuff that people are looking to give away.  There's also a place to post for things you are looking for.  Maybe they have something like that in your area.  It's totally free, so it may be worth looking in to.  I have 2 full-sized machines.  One is a Brother and I've had it for 15 or 16yrs.  I only paid maybe $50 from Walmart and I've never had a problem with it.  I've also found tons of free sewing patterns online.  Good luck!!

Queen: thanks for the compliments.  LOL..ghetto rats.  We work really hard to raise kids with manners and I'm really a strict mum when it comes to behavior.  My kids get pretty stiff penalties for just calling each other names.  Mim was spoiled rotten at AMG.  I'm still trying to detox her ;)  Hey, are you living by yourself in the new house, or do you have roommates?  How many bedrooms / bathrooms?  Do you have to mow the yard and is it fenced?  What about an alarm system?  Sorry for all the questions - I'm nosey.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening.  I'm almost recovered.  But, like Andrea, I just can't shake constantly feeling tired.  I took a nap from 3 - 4:30 today and could've slept until tomorrow morning.  I guess my body isn't used to sleeping at night.  I need to reset my internal clock.

Much love to all of you!  It's good to be back.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2008, 12:30:08 am »

Here we have a thing called "free cycle".  It's an internet listing of stuff that people are looking to give away.  There's also a place to post for things you are looking for.  Maybe they have something like that in your area.  It's totally free, so it may be worth looking in to.  I have 2 full-sized machines.  One is a Brother and I've had it for 15 or 16yrs.  I only paid maybe $50 from Walmart and I've never had a problem with it.  I've also found tons of free sewing patterns online.  Good luck!!

Queen: thanks for the compliments.  LOL..ghetto rats.  We work really hard to raise kids with manners and I'm really a strict mum when it comes to behavior.  My kids get pretty stiff penalties for just calling each other names.  Mim was spoiled rotten at AMG.  I'm still trying to detox her ;)  Hey, are you living by yourself in the new house, or do you have roommates?  How many bedrooms / bathrooms?  Do you have to mow the yard and is it fenced?  What about an alarm system?  Sorry for all the questions - I'm nosey.

I'm part of free cycle in my area and Cindy got hooked up through them awhile back. I think it is a great idea. I'm glad there are still parents out there being parents. Yep, I am living all by myself and loving it. I have 2 bedrooms and one bathroom. The other room is Lucifer's, now tell me he is not spoiled, a kitty with his own room.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2008, 10:42:32 am »
Iceman and I went to dinner and to hear a band play last night, something we haven't done since our first date!  It was a lot of fun, going to a gig, I used to go every Friday and Saturday night a few years ago.  Ice and I are being lazy at his house this morning.  He made me a huge breakfast (yes, the man cooks :)  ) and I am starting his laundry.  Give and take is the best thing!

More later, my neck hurts.   ;D

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2008, 05:02:50 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Wendy, yes your son does look like you.  Also, there is some stuff at Sally's called blonde-in or red-out or something like that to add to haircolor to make it more white looking.  Kids are funny.  But, I colored my hair different colors when I was younger, so I suppose I was nutty also.  How are you feeling?

Queen, do you have to pay all the utilities at your new place?  I'm sure it's worth it.  It's so nice to live alone and do what you want without having to worry about other people.  At least that's the way I feel.

Mum, those pictures are adorable.  Your little girl is so cute.  I really don't like to be on the beach all day either.  Maybe a couple hours.  I haven't actually been to the beach in years.  Last summer I laid out every day, but I'm a little wary of getting skin cancer.  My father had it often and both my sisters have had to have skin cancer removed several times.  Anyway, you give Mini a big hug and kiss for me on her b.d.  My granddaughter's b.d. is Sept. 1.  She's going to be 8.

Andrea, I haven't smoked in a month and a week.  Yeah, I do feel better except for the weight I've put on.  But, I'm sure that will even out after awhile.  I bought some sugar-free mints to try to help with wanting to put something in my mouth all the time.   I hope you get a good sleep tonight.  Is it tomorrow that school starts for you and your kids? 

Cin, I'm glad you're having a good weekend with Ice. 

Well, I now have my best friend's Toyota Corolla in my parking spot.  She's letting my borrow it indefinitely so I can save on gas.  I still have my car; it's parked in front of where I live (the parking space the Corolla is in is in back, outside my door).  Tomorrow I'm calling my insurance place to put comprehensive coverage on my car and get off the regular insurance.  When I talked to them before about it, the lady told me that if I got the comprehensive by the 1st of the month (Sept.), I would have enough money left over from the regular insurance to cover the comprehensive for a couple months.  I'm going to pay for the insurance on the Toyota; I'm giving it to my friend every month.  She put a new battery in it and today we took it and got the oil changed and the tires balanced (she paid for it).  She even filled it up with gas for me (she's such a sweetie).  I'm sure it will last me for awhile.  I'll probably have this car until I get another one, which will be either in November, or next spring.  This is going to save me so much money in gas and I'll actually be able to go a few more places without worrying about running out of gas.  I'm so thankful.

So, that's what I've done all day.  My brother will be here in a couple hours with some more of The Wire.  My DVD player broke, so he's bringing his over.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2008, 05:50:25 pm »
Betty, that's so funny - our girls are only 2 days apart.  At Mini's baseball practice, there was a woman who was trying to quit smoking and she bought cinnamon toothpicks.  They come in a flip container that reminds me of the "old" metal bandaide cans.  She said it helps because she position it in her mouth like she used to with cigarettes.  When i see her Tues, I'll ask her where she got them.  Maybe those'll help, too.  When my grandparents quit, umpteen decades ago, they used to play hand-held video games so that their hands stayed busy and they could focus on something else.  I saw a Jepordy and Wheel of Fortune hand held game at Walmart for like $10.  Might be worth trying.

Queen, I'm glad you are able to manage on your own.  Do you sit out on your porch in the evenings and chat it up with neighbors?  Some days I wonder what it would be like to be alone.  But, I never was a person who did well alone - hence many pathetic, toxic, relationships.  There are days, though...lol. 

Not a thing going on today.  I should do laundry, but Hubby frowns on working on the Sabbath so I'll wait until tomorrow.  It's not like the dirty clothes care.  I'm working on 2 baby blankets - both for boys.  One is due 9/11 and the other one isn't due until 10/4, but her shower is on 9/13.  Babies Joel and Keegan.  I have another friend who is due 9/15, but they don't know what they're having so I'll wait until after the baby is born.  The way the trend seems to be going, she'll have a boy, too.

My shoulders and back are peeling from the sunburn I got, appropriately enough, when climbing the sun pyramid.  It looks awful and itches like crazy.  I used factor 50 sunscreen, but a pharmacist said that the antibiotic I was on still caused me to burn.  NOW he tells me.

Much love and sweet dreams to you all.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2008, 08:21:00 pm »
Queen, I'm glad you are able to manage on your own.  Do you sit out on your porch in the evenings and chat it up with neighbors?  Some days I wonder what it would be like to be alone.  But, I never was a person who did well alone - hence many pathetic, toxic, relationships.  There are days, though...lol. 

I do talk to my next door neighbor in passing, a nice lady, whose driveway it really is but she made big enough for 2 cars. When my sister gave me her deep freezer, one of my neighbors across the street with a dolly helped move it to the kitchen for me. My sister informed me that he never helped her move anything..lol..So, when I see him, I make it a point to speak.

Queen, do you have to pay all the utilities at your new place?  I'm sure it's worth it.  It's so nice to live alone and do what you want without having to worry about other people.  At least that's the way I feel.

Well, I now have my best friend's Toyota Corolla in my parking spot.  She's letting my borrow it indefinitely so I can save on gas.  I still have my car; it's parked in front of where I live (the parking space the Corolla is in is in back, outside my door).  Tomorrow I'm calling my insurance place to put comprehensive coverage on my car and get off the regular insurance.  When I talked to them before about it, the lady told me that if I got the comprehensive by the 1st of the month (Sept.), I would have enough money left over from the regular insurance to cover the comprehensive for a couple months.  I'm going to pay for the insurance on the Toyota; I'm giving it to my friend every month.  She put a new battery in it and today we took it and got the oil changed and the tires balanced (she paid for it).  She even filled it up with gas for me (she's such a sweetie).  I'm sure it will last me for awhile.  I'll probably have this car until I get another one, which will be either in November, or next spring.  This is going to save me so much money in gas and I'll actually be able to go a few more places without worrying about running out of gas.  I'm so thankful.

Yeah, I do pay all utilities now but I don't pay rent so it evens out, I guess. I will know once the bills come in. I am stuck on this budget plan paying out 230 a month when all I have used so far was 25 bucks in gas. That is carried over from the gas bill at the old place. But it seems like I will never catch it up. The phone bill is pretty reasonable but I am about to call Verizon on Monday because it said in the bill if I lost service for over a 24 hour period, you get a refund so I am going to call them on it. When my service first got turned on, I had ordered a jack installed but saw I didn't need it so cancelled the order for the jack but Verizon cancelled my dial tone and the jack so I had to wait 5 days to get service. If I fuss enough I may not get billed, hey, it's mentioned in their bill. It's not like I am trying to get over but am going to call them on it for sure.

Yeah, it is nice to drive a smaller car. The one I have on loan is a 4 cylinder so it only takes about 35-40 to fill it. If I still had my Caprice, I would paying twice as much at the pump.

I didn't do much today. Woke up to my tire being almost flat, rushed out to fill it up but I have to take it back to where I got them because they broke the seal some type of way when they put the tire on. And I don't have any money right now to go get some Fix-A- Flat. I took Lucifer out for my leash training, that was an experience. Plugged away a bit at my MySpace page and that was about it. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow for another CT scan of my lung. Oh Joy, I have to drink another nasty ass barium shake.

I'll get at you ladies tomorrow. Thank the Goddess school starts tomorrow!!!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2008, 08:37:17 pm »
Betty- That is such a nice friend you have to loan you here car.  That will be nice not to have to worry about running out of gas.  Congrats on the month of not smoking.

Mum- Sorry to hear you have sunburn, I had one this summer too and they are not fun.

Queen- Good luck on your CT scan tomorrow. Are you taking Lucifer out a leash so you can take him for walks or so you can take him out to go the bathroom?  I have seen people driving around with thier cats sitting in the back window, which is kinda of a funny site cuz you don't see it often.

Moon- Glad you have been having fun with Iceman!

I just took the kids out to tag sales today.  They love it, nothing like getting toys for .25 cents.  Came home and cooked on the grill.  Wicked exciting, I know :)
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2008, 08:50:37 pm »
Hello all you fabulous ladies!

Queen-I am so happy that things are coming together for you.

Mum-Thanks for the tip on the sewing machines. In my head I picture myself whipping up all these wonderful outfits, but the reality would probably be something like me not being able to figure it out, getting frustrated and just throwing everything away! I am going to look for one. If I only learn how to sew a skirt at least that's something! LOL!

Betty-The kids come back on Wednesday. As of right now I have 31 students. I am ready to go back I am just not ready to do all the work... :D I'm so bad! I am glad you have a car. I would be in serious trouble without one. Public transportation is not the most reliable here in southern CA. That is probably why we had some of the highest gas prices...they figured we couldn't do anything about it. I wish we had it like New York. Now they have it figured out.

Cindy-Enjoy your "Ice"

Snow-Fun! I love a good deal!

Nothing else happening. I went to my grandmother's house for lunch. My mom is back from Texas and she is staying there. She is leaving again on Tuesday and I just can't stand it. It's hard for me to be around when I know she is going to leave again. She stayed out there this time for about 2 months and then came to "visit" for like 2 weeks. It's hard... :'( Anyways...enough of that. Tomorrow I have another ALL DAY training. I am not looking forward to that. Have a good night everyone!

Andrea

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2008, 09:05:24 pm »
Betty - I buy these little tubes of red gold corrector plus from Sally's. I used to be able to buy a bottle of drabber at the grocery by my old house. That stuff worked. This little tube of crap is supposed to be a drabber but I dont think it works as well. I've colored my hair all sorts of colors too so I dont have much room to talk but I still dont like the yellow banana hair. LOL
He didnt used to have problems lightening his hair but I didnt either when I first started. Some time in my late teens which he is my hair color changed and like my mothers my hair decided if you lighten it that it will turn red or orange.
So he obviously has his mothers hair. Poor guy. Baldness runs in my family. My brother is pretty much mostly bald and my father has less than him. On my mothers side her father was bald too and my mothers hair has thinned as she has aged. Guess mine will too eventually.  :-\

Ok I am rambling. Sorry. LOL

Mum - My son's bday is 9-11   I think my step sons is on friday.  Birthdays are tough when the kids get older. They still have expectations but they arent as easily pleased with cheap plastic toys LOL
Sorry about your burn. I usually get at least one during the summer but I havent been in the sun all summer.
We usually host a couple of pool parties but with me being sick and Billy's step dad getting sick we havent had any company over this summer. Aside from one gal pal.  I hate being in the sun anyway.
Skin cancer runs in my family too.

Cindy - You have such a romantic life. LOL  I'm glad your enjoying love, joy and the happiness that comes with a good partnership.

Queen - One of these days I'll get a smaller car. This 50 - 60 bucks to fill the tank and driving around looking for a big parking spot is really getting old. I just hate to have to spend money on a car when I have one that is paid for. Plus I dont have any money anyway. LOL  Maybe Billy will buy me one or I'll have to win the lotto maybe LOL

Snow - Your day sounded as exciting as mine.

I am soooo bored LOL This house is just too quiet.

Andrea - Sounds like you need to super glue your momma's shoes to the floor.  ;)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »
Hi GFs~

Betty, so glad to hear about your friend loaning you her car indefinitely!  She is so generous and you're lucky to have her!  Aren't people like that just the best? :)  Good job on laying off the cigs for so long, too!

Queen, are you still in heat?  I'm glad you're enjoying your crib.  I giggle when I picture Lucifer on a leash!  We have leash laws around here for cats, too, but everyone just lets theirs roam.  Nice to hear that the guy across the street helped you move in the freezer.  No one ever helped me with anything before I met Ice.  I was a DIY girl with everything.  So, you're now paying $230/mo year-round to make up for the outrageous bills last winter?  Man, that must be tough, but where there's a will, there's a way.  Believe it or not, those budget plans are lifesavers.  Keep us informed on how the CT went, ok?

Mum,  I read Mini's post about your trip, very dear.  I also caught her pic in another thread, and you had typed "...she is always talking to strange men..." or something along those lines.  Hee hee!  I can't believe you climbed the damn pyramids!  I would have vertigo so bad I would prob tumble all the way back down to the bottom!  Nice to hear that you are making baby blankets.  I took up needlepoint a few years ago, my then mother-in-law got me started after David died.  I still have the kit in my closet, halfway done.  Maybe I'll work on it this winter.

Win, oh goodness, its a riot reading about the trials and tribulations of your son's "banana-head" hair color.  At least he didn't color it blue or green or something.  How are you feeling, btw?  I forget if all of this mess was going to pass or not.  Are you feeling like your old self again?

Andrea, sorry you can't spend more time with your mother.  My Mom lives 25 minutes away and doesn't work, but is always "too busy" to do anything.  It sounds really awful, but the few times we've been around each other this summer she has irritated me.  I have actually been avoiding her for the past month or so, as far as get-togethers and such.  I can't relate to her and it just irks me sometimes.  Its good to hear you have a healthier relationship than I do with your mother.  My Mom isn't a terrible person, but I have always put her first, and now that I am older, commuting far for work and trying to keep my house from falling apart, well....I prefer time alone than with her sometimes.  I'll see her over the holidays or something.  God forgive me.   :-\

Snow, how's the wicked exciting evening going?  LOL

I went for a 2 mile walk with Ice and Cheech today, he (Ice, not Cheech, lol) made us lunch and then he finally gave me a full-body massage that he had been promising.  I am always scratching his back, massaging his shoulders, and I am the one with real disk and neck probs.  So, I finally said I need help!  I ended up falling asleep from 330pm to 530pm after the massage.  We had steaks for dinner and then I had to head home.  Turns out my contact lens tore while it was in my eye.  I went to remove it and it was almost torn in two!  I had my glasses, but with the perception balance prob thingy a daily dilemma, I didn't want to drive at night with the glasses on.  THAT really messes with depth perception for me.  I only wear my glasses around the house.  I made it home OK, and Cheech and I are going to go read some more Stephen King.

Sweet dreams to all of my GFs tonight!   :-*

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:27:48 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2008, 09:29:56 pm »
A couple of you asked how I was and I got so involved with typing I forgot to say.

I feel ok. This morning was the last of my antibiotics. So far my only issue has been diarrhea but thats nothing new when you have HIV LOL Not to mention being on a shit load of antibiotics will do that too.
My only problem now is being bored and lonely.

Three more days till I get to see my honey!  ;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2008, 09:34:39 pm »
My only problem now is being bored and lonely.

Hey, but you got to work on a banana-head hair-do and we didn't. 

That in itself is excitement right there!  LOL

I know you're missing Billy, you can look forward to his return.  My prayers go out to his father tonight.   :-*

Offline netta

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2008, 10:51:06 pm »
just checking in ladies. Queen I read about ur plumber ,maybe he'll fix ur plumbing !!!!I had a wild weekend my sis was in town and draged me out to party, and I have not drank since the 4th of july.Well I danced the night away and had a good time, we both got drunk, which I don't usually do but, but we got home safe. Damm I got a burst of energy! strange isn't it. I think my apartment is making me sick, and draining me of my energy, cause i'm fine when i'm somewhere else. go figure! ???
Ladies its late so i will check in tomorrow, nite nite love u all. :-*
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:56:45 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline minismom

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2008, 11:15:26 pm »
Hey, Winn, be extra careful in the sun while on antibiotics.  I really try to avoid the sun like the plague.  When we went to the pyramids, i had on a sleeveless dress and a light cotton (long sleeved) jacket type thing.  I also had on factor 50 sunscreen and I still stinkin' burned.  Today at church, a pharmasist said that I burned because of the antibiotics I was on.  I wish he would've told me the Sunday BEFORE I left.  I took my last Prednisone on Tuesday and i feel like it's just now clearing out of my system.  It usually makes me shake, but this time it made me sweat, which is just nasty.

Cindy, yeah, Mini didn't quite understand that Mexico is NOT like our little podunk town.  Mjmel, Mini, and I went for a walk 1 morning and we met up with some homeless folks sleeping in the park.  In true Mini fashion, she walked over and started talking to them.  Mjmel and i couldn't get to her fast enough.  I told her she couldn't just walk up to folks and start talking.  She said, "Oh, they might get mad if I wake them up, huh?"  Yeah, OK, whatever works ::).  At McDonald's, she played on the playground with a bunch of kids.  They had no idea what the other was saying, but they had a really great time and played for about an hour.  I just kept thinking if only adults could figure it out like that. 

When we were going up the pyramid, I just kept my eyes down on the feet of the person in front of me.  On the way down, Mini and i faced each other, held both hands, and went down sideways.  I let her go down a step, then I'd go down to the same step.  Some of the steps were too steep, so we sat and went down on our butts.  I only made it because she wouldn't stop.

One of my favorite movies of all times is almost over, then I'm hitting the sack.  I've got another crazy day tomorrow.  Much love and sweet dreams to you all!
 :-*Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2008, 02:54:51 am »
good morning lovely ladies,

Ive been busy with my bro so not online much but have just caught up w/ most of this thread.

It looks like the hayday of the dating thread's back. I'm loving it. But so much to read  ;)

Tendai, how are you doing this week? Thinking of you.

Ann, its nice to hear from you & thanks for your congrats. Yes I can't quite get my head around it and busy with other things at the moment. Its no big deal but then of course its a huge one.
I admire your strength, emotional as well as physical (with all that net hauling).
I think Charlie might have some PTSD what with all the horrors he's seen, not unlike someone who's been to war. It's something he'll have to live with not fight with.

Snow, you made me laugh with your wicked wild day descrpition. Its nice to have quiet days though.

Betty, my dad's quit the smokes a couple months ago and has replaced them with sunflower seeds, now all the ashtrays are full of spat out peels. It has made him put weight on b/c they have a lot of calories, but at least they are very healthy like all unfried nuts, and cheap. I did use not to know what to do with myself in circumstances when i always smoked like in a bar or with friends, but as more and more places became smoke free (netherlands has banned smoking in bars and cafes since july) I got over it. I still crave them the most when I travel to places where people smoke pretty freely like spain. I dont do anything just let it pass through.

Its great to hear Cristy's doing good btw.

Cindy its so nice to hear about you & Ice. As for your mom, I always bicker with mine when we're together. But being apart makes me miss her so much. Its hard being so close to someone, I think we're closer to our mothers (in terms of uncerstanding but also irritation) than to anyone else in the world.

Andrea, so you want to make your own clothes? I admire people who do stuff like that. That includes you Mom.

Mom, it sounds amazing in MC. I was wondering if you ever thought of taking Mini to meet other poz kids somewhere, if thats even possible.

Queen, wow, youre paying more in gas than I do. My heating and water are based on it, as well as cooking, and for 2 people. But I had the same problem as you, with gas and crap insulation youre never warm as with central heating. I was hoping to move this weekend rather than freeze and pay huge bills, but its so hard to find accomodation and so bloody expensive that might not happen. i expect my corrected bills in Jan to be much higher than the gas bill last year.
I have been waiting for a plumber for more than 2 weeks btw. And not a sexy one, either.

Netta glad you had a nice party. Its the same for me, I get depressed indoors. I suppose its not some feng shui thing but rather the state of mind of being inside.

Tatenda hi & welcome back, that's a beautiful picture in your avatar.

Wendy glad you feel better, at last. Billy will be back in no time & you will support each other like always. My hair gets that orange thing too, in fact, it doesnt matter which color I use it will get there anyway. Hate it!

I know I missed lots of ladies in this post. I'll be back, just have to leave now for my phsio, then work.

PS Wishful, how are you?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:58:11 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2008, 08:19:31 am »
Drag, we tried to arrange a trip to the AIDS orphanage in MC while we were there, but it was simply too far away.  Honesty, I never really thought about it. She was the last poz baby born in our state and most of the newly diagnosed are teens. 

When we were at my parents' house last Friday, our #2 ran into the grill while it was still hot.  He's got himself a nice little mark on his side.  The scar looks like he was stabbed by a sword...LOL..so guess what he's telling people ;)

The high today is only 80 but the humidity is stiffling.  I'm not complaining too bad since we've not had rain in 15 days and we're getting pretty desperate.  Nothing much on the agenda for today - laundry and finishing up our classroom.  Hope you all have a great Monday.

www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2008, 10:27:36 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, I've had some of those toothpicks you're talking about.  My sister in AZ sent me some, but it's been awhile.  I'm sure I could find them at the CVS by my house or at one of the health food stores.  My mum didn't work on "The Sabbath" either, but since we were raised Seventh-Day Adventist, "The Sabbath" was Saturday.  Just thought I'd add that.   I think it's really neat that you know how to knit, sew etc.  I just don't have the patience for that.  But obviously, by the number of kids you have, I already knew you were patient.  I hope your little one's burn heals soon.

Queen, you don't pay any rent?  I'm glad you don't though, since you pay all the utilities.  I'm sure it will even out; hopefully the utilities won't be more expensive than paying rent would be.  How's Lucifer doing on the chain?

Snow, it's so good to hear from you.  Hey, I like those kinds of days, where there's not a lot to do.  I need to grill once more before summer is over.  The only time I grilled was on the 4th of July.  I have a pork steak in the freezer I suppose I could grill, maybe next weekend.  I've never grilled a pork steak, so if you have any tips, let me know.

Andrea, public transportation sucks here also.  I wish we had a subway, or at least a bus system that was reliable.  They do have a bus here, but one has to walk about a mile to get to where a bus stops, then ride the thing for about an hour to get to what's a 20 minute drive, because of exchanging buses.  I still have my big car, but I'm not driving that for now.   How's your nose doing?

Wendy, I have a little "bottle" called "lock-in blonde."  I don't know if they make that anymore. But, if your son's destined to have red, orange or yellow hair, probably nothing short of taking him to a salon would work (if that would even work).  I know you miss Billy.  He'll be back before you know it.  My thoughts continue to be with he and his family (and you).  Glad you're doing a little better.

Cin, wow, a massage and a steak all in one day.  Now, that's what I call a good day.  I'm so glad you've found that special one.

Netta, if I stay indoors for too long I feel very detached from the rest of the "real world."  I'm glad you had a nice weekend.

Drag, I can't eat sunflower seeds because of having no bottom teeth, but I used to love them.  You must be getting very excited as the special day creeps closer.

I've got hair color on my hair right now, which I'll be washing out in a few minutes.  I'm going to call my insurance place and tell them to put just comprehensive on my big car.  I have to pay for tags for that car next month, which I'm not looking forward to.  I wouldn't even bother, but around here people can't leave parked cars without them having a valid plate.  And I don't want to get rid of it in case something happens to the Toyota. 

School starts for me next week.  I'm taking "Microeconomics" and "Intro to Government" this first eight weeks.  I am so not looking forward to the Micro class.  The name initimidates me.  Maybe it'll be alright.   Nothing else going on right now.  I hope you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2008, 10:36:16 am »

Thinking about kids with HIV and my experience with them. It doesn't seem to be very important to them to be around other children with HIV until they start getting a little older. It depends on the child of course some mature quicker than others but eventually she will likely want to know other kids like her so that she doesn't feel alone in her situation.
I noticed it in preteens and mostly teenaged kids. Right about the same age where they start paying attention to the opposite sex.
Where I live there is a place called Bryan's House. Its a respite and daycare center for children who are positive or kids whos parents are positive. I used to use them on occasion when my kids where little.
Once a year they would have a weekend camp for the kids out of town in a kids camp. I met many people that way and the kids had fun.
The Children's Hospital where my younger son Justin went to the HIV clinic also had a once a year clinic at the same camp ground.

Bryan's House
http://www.bryanshouse.org/

Camp John Marc
http://www.campjohnmarc.org/

As for Aaron's hair. I'm not taking his butt to a salon. I don't even do that for myself. LOL it cost too much.
I can fix his banana head if he'd let me. He just has to get it in his head he cant be a blonde by using a box of coloring from the grocery store. The only way our hair will go blonde is with bleach. Wella blue I think its called. The blue stuff cuts out the orange yellow. I'm afraid to bleach mine. I don't want it falling out or burn. One of these days I'm going to get someone to make it platinum blonde just to see what I look like. I've always wondered.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:37:59 am by Winiroo »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2008, 10:45:27 am »
Lucifer is doing good on the leash. He doesn't get the concept he is suppose to walk with it and often pulls on the chain. Then I have to pick him up, he doesn't like the traffic either though. Yeah, it is nice to not have to pay any rent. I am still waiting for the electric bill and phone bill to come. I have gotten two letters from verizon so I think my bill is like 70 something and the water bill comes out every 3 months so I don't have to worry about that right now.

Dreading this CT scan, not because of what the results may be but because I have to drink that crap. The bad date guy just called me saying he lost his wallet and wondered if he left it here. I told him he didn't but I think he used that as an excuse to call. I had my call block up but answered because I was not use to the number. Thank god he didn't mention hooking up again. :P

That about does it for me. I'll check back in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 10:53:04 am »
What a dip LOL I cant imagine loosing my wallet at someones house. I'm sure your right it was just an excuse.

oooof I cant stand that barium crap. I'm not big on injesting strange things. The last CT scan I had I had to drink something, maybe dye I cant recall. But it didnt taste like anything but dirty tap water. And it looked like water too. But it was water with some kinda something in it to make the picture of my guts come out good.

I dont like that stuff they inject in you right before that makes you feel real hot suddenly and your crotch gets super hot. Thats a odd sensation. I keep thinking iodine but that doesnt seem right. My memory ya know.  ::)

Offline minismom

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 01:49:12 pm »
Winni, you're right.  When Mim gets older, she may want to meet up with other jr. pozzies.  Right now, she doesn't see herself as any different than any other kid.  She gets mad at her legs every once and a while, but that's about it.  She's asked why she has to take meds and we tell her that it keeps the virus from making her sick.  She knows that "her guys" in MC are poz like her, but I'm not sure she comprehends what exactly that means. She takes meds and she watched them take meds.  During the Memorial Service, she asked if she was going to die, too.  I told her everyone dies eventually and just because she has HIV that it didn't mean that's what she'd die from. But, yes, we were remembering those who died from HIV / AIDS.  She laughed and said she was pretty sure she'd probably die getting run over by the crazy Mexico drivers.  It's like HIV is just another "thing".  She's never known a second of her life without it so it's not that big of a deal to her.

I figure she'll have decades for it to affect her and such precious little time to just enjoy being a kid.   

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2008, 02:26:21 pm »
I understand totally. I've known so many kids with HIV. They dont know any different.
Its like me having blue eyes. I dont know what its like to have brown eyes and its something I dont think about.
Kids born with HIV when they are really little dont know any different. Thats their life. Its normal for them.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2008, 08:20:58 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wendy, I get the bleach by L'Oreal at Sally's.  I'm sure that Wella Blue would work also.  He should really deep condition his hair with all the color that's been applied.  Loved your morning picture, btw.  That's a nice view (the swimming pool). 

Queen, I couldn't even imagine walking my cat with a leash.  She wouldn't have it.  Good luck with Lucifer.  Did you have your scan today with the Barium or is that some other day?  Good luck with that also.

Mum, maybe when Mini is older she will be able to meet other children who are HIV+.  I'm sure she's too young to worry about it right now.

Well, today I bleached my roots, went to a bakery thrift shop and to the library.  I got a couple new books to read.  I can't believe school starts back in a week.  Ugh.  Wish me luck with the Microecon class.  I'm a little intimidated by it. 

Nothing else other than that.  I think my best friend is coming over in a little while.  Her son works not too far away from where I live and he needs a ride home when he gets off work.  So, I hope you ladies have a good evening.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2008, 08:27:05 pm »
Thank you.

Funny little story. I took my son to get something to eat this afternoon and one of his buddies tagged along.
It was just a quick trip to his favorite local chinese food place so I could get him some take out.
Anyway while we where waiting his buddy was mr chatty mcchatterson. Talking about going to clubs, drinking, girls, you know typical young man talk. I swear sometimes those kids forget I am Aaron's mother. Either that or I am just easy to talk to.
Anywho, mr chatty starts going on about how this one woman started hitting on him and oooohh my god she was just toooo old. LOL He said she was "like 30 or something"
That of course got me laughing at him. I stood up in front of him and said "um excuse me, I am 36 years old"
"30 is not old. "

Mr chatty got embarrassed I think LOL

;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2008, 09:27:59 pm »
Hi GFs~

Mum, one of the people in my support group has a 14yo kid who just attended a week-long camp.  Its for kids who are poz, or who have poz parents.  This was in Jefferson, MD in Frederick County MD.  I'll ask about it at group next time.  I know you say Mini is being a kid and it doesn't phase her, but still it might be good, as far as learning things, you know?  Also, I was thinking about those pyramids, and the only way I would be able to go up or down is on my ass or all fours.  Not like they have handrails or anything.  Tow-rope, maybe?   :D

My head was ready to fall off at work today, so I left 45 minutes early.  My mgr and another girl in the dept both left for doctor's appts and my work was all caught up, so I asked another mgr if I could leave.  I got to beat the traffic some.

Not much happened today.  We have a temp at the office and she asked if she could help me with anything.  At first I said "no" but realized she could take 15 minutes to do my filing.  Everything was already in numerical order, so I took her over to where the binders were and showed her what to do.  Later on, the girl in my dept who has been the biggest pain in the ass since I've had this job asked sarcastically why I had a new assistant.  I almost said, "'Cause you don't know how to file in numerical order, so they gave it all to me, and she was looking for something to do."  LOL  Actually, "said co-worker" is being more reasonable, so I just put a serious spin on the conversation to calm her redneck ass down.  She is like a snotty 7th grader.  She gets to train the dept tomorrow on how to do Accounts Payable with all of the cross-training we've been doing.  I don't get to train since I haven't been there as long as her (15 years).  I will sit politely and not say a word, let her have the floor. 

Good luck to the two girls who need to learn this stuff.  Good luck to me in trying to keep my mouth shut about what I do best, lol.

Yeah, boring-ass day if all I can type about here is work.  Tomorrow is the first day of school down near work.  Traffic is going to be a bitch and I just might have to ram someone with my Jeep to keep traffic moving along!  It really does get bad when school is back in, ugh.

More tomorrow!!  :)

~Cindy

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:13 pm »
i spent most of the day in doors. i only went out to send a money order to africa. my cousin's husband died on saturday so i sent a bit of money to help with the funeral. as i get older ( lol i am 24) anyway as i get older it seems i find more and mo ppl die. while i am saddened by the losses i cant help but feel lucky i mean i hv HIV yet i hv outlived some of them. it gives me hope . is that selfish?

my daughter turned 2 on saturday. she is a special needs baby (i hate saying special needs, she is  just a special baby in my eyes)  i dont think i hv talked abt her but she has a feeding tube and some delayed mental development and she is trying to crawl. hasnt quite figured it out yet but its so cute watching her try.i didnt do anything for her tho. i dont know why but i want to do stuff for her when she really knows whats goin on around her.

Winiroo i bet he was embarassed. but i dont think he even thot u were that older, i never knew u worked with poz kids. u inspire me more and more

Drag, thx the picture is all me!!!

Queen u r hilarious. any word with the plumber?

Netta wild weekends are great. they remind me im still alive

Mum i am jealous u got to travel. awwww yo kids r so cute

Cindy, being with a good guy is always amazing happy 10 months and wish you more ,massages and all. i find i give mo massages than receive.
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2008, 09:47:19 pm »
I never worked with pos children. I had a son who was HIV positive. I met lots of kiddies and mommies at the various groups, events, activities and doctors for HIV positive children.

Boys can be kinda dumb when they are busy running their mouth trying to look tough or make people think they are smokin hot or any other attempt at showing off. LOL
This boy is the same age as my kid. I know I am a young mom but there is no way I could have a 18 year old, almost 19 and be younger than 30 years old. LOL He just stuck his foot in his mouth and I saw the chance to point it out and laugh at him. So me being me. I did it.  ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2008, 08:17:30 am »
Winni, I walked into a house to meet with a client for the 1st time.  I sat with this young woman (she was 26) talking about her child for about 20mins before a 13yr old walked in.  I made a comment about having a 13yr old and a 3mth old, and the 26yr old said, "no, that's my daughter (pointing to the 13yr old) and THAT'S my grand-daughter (pointing to the 3mth old)."  I just about fell outta my chair!!  So, I had both of them fill out and sign paperwork, then had to call the state office and ask what i was supposed to do since it's illegal to enter into a contract with a minor.  The feds have made provisions for parents 16 to sign paperwork for their kids, but 13?? 

Tatenda, we have 5 special needs children (6 kids total).  Happy birthday to your sweet angel!  Mini's birthday is this Saturday - she'll be 8 - hard to believe.  It seems like yesterday that she was turning 2.  Enjoy her now because they grow up SO fast (way too fast).  You are in Canada, yes?  If not and you are in the states, you can PM me what state.  There are birth-to-three / Early Intervention programs in every state that can provide in-home services (PT, OT, ST, DS, ect.) for your daughter for free until her 3rd birthday.  They can also help you get services after she turns 3.  Just a thought.

We got our big car fixed yesterday and what a blessing!  First, Hubby found out that we have a free trial of ATT road service with my cell phone service.  They paid $50 of the $65 towing charge.  Then, he found someone in our town that could fix it, so we only had to have it towed about 6 miles instead of 20.  About an hour after having it towed, we got a call that it was FINISHED and the guy only charged us $47!!!  The dealer was going to charge us $150 and only promised that we'd have it by Friday if it was towed on Monday.  Then, the dealer was going to charge us $165 for the part and Hubby was able to get it from NAPA for $110!  So, it still cost us money that we really don't have, but it was a ton cheaper than we expected.  AND, somehow we got a refund from our morgage company for overpayment when we sold our rental property last year.  So, all in all, yes the stupid thing broke down, but it turned out to be not such a bad thing.  The mechanic is definately getting all of our business.  He has a daughter with Down's Syndrom and a son with Cystic Fibrosis.  I met him last night when we dropped off my mom's car and he's a real sweetie.

Not much on the agenda for today - more of the same old, same old.  I'll get the laundry done today and hang it out.  Hopefully it'll dry before the rain comes in.  Tonight Mini and #1 have a scrimmage game - against each other!  This should be interesting.  Normally they'd never play each other, but only 10 kids signed up for coach's pitch (Mini's team) so they only have 1 team.  The coach will pitch to them and #1 will pitch to his own team.  Mini is having problems swinging a regular bat (weighing 15 oz), so she has to use a t-ball bat (13oz) and she can barely swing that.  Oh, well, she's having fun.

The kids are BEGGING to have school..lol.  I wasn't going to start until after we came back from the beach.  But, I'll finish up the room today and they'll start tomorrow.  We won't get into it full goose bozo, but I'll find something for them to do. 

Everyone have a wonderful day and I'll talk to you all more later.

www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2008, 08:20:57 am »
Good Morning!

Cindy-I don't know how you deal with those catty women.

Queen- Ok, the visual I get with your cat on a leash makes me laugh! I did not know you could "walk" a cat! Good luck!

Betty- I know you have probably answered this before but I am asking again, what is your major? I don't ever remember taking any of the classes you talk about even for my general ed. They do sound intimidating.

Wendy-That's funny! When the kids find out how old I am (33) they always say, "That's how old my mom is!" One year I had a boy ask me if I had T.V. when I was growing up! Excuse me!

Well today is the the breakfast that the PTA gives us and then we have a staff meeting and tomorrow is the first day! I always get nervous/excited. As of right now I have 31 students. My original number was 37 but our principal created a 4/5 combo to help with the numbers. Did I already say that? Oh well...got a lot  to do, will talk to you all later!
Andrea

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:49 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, young men do act foolish sometimes. That was a funny story.  You know though, I remember when I was 17, I used to think a 30 year old man was considered an "older" man in my book.  Not that that would have stopped me from going after him or anything. ;) 

Cin, I live by a middle school and traffic gets bonkers around the drop off/pick up times.  So, I can understand why you want to ram someone.

Tatenda, give you daughter a "happy birthday" hug from me. 

Mum, hey, that's great news about your car.  I'm glad Mini's having fun in baseball.   I can't believe the kids are begging to have school.  They must really be bored or something.  Hey, it's countdown to the 3rd (of next month) again. 

Andrea, my major is psychology.  I know, it makes no sense to have a Microecon class required for a psych degree.  But, maybe it'll turn out to be interesting.  I just hope I pass it.  I haven't even opened the textbook.   So, tomorrow's the big day, aye?  Good luck.  I hope you enjoy this year's class.

Well, I didn't get to exercise this morning.  The channel I use to exercise with was on the fritz.  I need to make a routine I can do on my own without the t.v.  So, I just ate, took a shower, and I'm ready to go in about an hour to the Hope.  I'm hoping everything goes smooth today.   It's very nice out right now-60 and sunny.  I haven't had my air on for a few days.  I can't believe fall's almost here.  I didn't lay out at all this summer, so I don't have any color and I gained weight.  But, I did manage to quit smoking, so I guess that's one accomplishment.

I don't have anything else to report right now.  You ladies have a good morning.

Offline daisychain

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2008, 11:05:10 am »
hi guys,

doing much better at the moment, havent cried for days which is good.
I do still think about it every day but I am trying to get on with things and making plans for my wedding which is december 2009. lots to do which is keeping my mind busy.

we also have the opportunity to move abroad so quite excited to be looking into that aswell.

anyway not much else to say other than thanks for the messages they really do help.
it helps to know im not alone.

I still havent managed to dial the support group number, but ive decided to not worry too much about it, im sure I will when im ready.

Angelx

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:07 pm »
Morning ladies.

I wasnt offended by the kid. I just wanted to bust his balls for fun because he was preening and trying to show off. I enjoy screwing with kids heads sometimes. Plus it got him to shut up.
LOL I tell you I am slightly evil with a cherub sweet smile while I am doing it. Big eyes make you look totally innocent.

When I was 19 I thought 30 year olds where kinda old too. For years I had a 10 year rule. Meaning if the guy was more than 10 years older than me I wouldn't mess with him. I've never really been interested in younger men. They are fun to look at and I suppose there are some that are mature enough not to annoy me.
I like men my age and I like older guys too.

Not that I am looking for one LOL I have Billy. But I still have eyes to look with.  :D

The older I've gotten the less I've cared about the 10 year rule. Obviously huh, Billy is 13 years older than me. LOL

Glad you are doing good Angel.

LOL @ Andrea  with the tv question

Mum I am 17 years older than my kid. I was a virgin at 13 so that wasn't possible for me. LOL

Betty this summer has whipped by really fast huh?

I am hungry. chit chat with ya'll later.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2008, 02:01:09 pm »
I guess you can say that I had a busy morning. I woke up to some people arguing outside, about three of my neighbors were already outside by the time I opened my door. The couple noticed and finally decided to shut the hell up, no one wants to hear that crap at 9am. Around ten, a friend of mine came and scooped me up. We went to the Thrifty store to look for a love seat/sofa for me. I found one, got the paperwork done, took it to my case manager at my ASO just to find out that they had cut the funding for that program.... >:( :(

While at my ASO, another case manager started talking to me and my friend about starting a women's group. Not a big group, about seven people is all. She asked me if I would be interested but I never did respond. I have been thinking about it. She knows about my blog and now from what I have been told, the ASO has been told to start reading the POZ website, not sure if that includes the forums but I am sure they have probably browsed it. My friend who is a Peer Counselor for my ASO has told me that the case managers have been discussing my blog and actually like it. I am just kind of amazed by it because it is not like I am talking about HIV like most of my fellow bloggers. It gets a mention every so often. It's basically about the things going on in my life and some humor tossed in every now and then.

Did anyone watch the Democratic Convention last night? I peeped it for a few, listened to Michelle Obama's brother talk about Michelle growing up and how she met Obama. How their father died from MS. Michelle's speech was kind of moving. I almost teared up a few times but then just like that *snaps fingers* my attention was drawn to the computer.

I have a pretty full week. Tomorrow I am going to go to the Y, my sister has a guest pass. Just to see how I like it and if I do, then I will commit to three times a week. So get ready for me to whine about the pain and don't say I didn't warn you. Thursday I have to run to the food bank and Friday is pay day so it errand, bills and more errands. That's the small one so I'll be broke in no time. :-[
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2008, 02:13:58 pm »
Wendy, what really messed with my head was that by the age of 40, the lady could be a great-grandmother. :o  

Andrea, today was the 1st day of school for kids here.  You teach 5th grade, yes?  I think 31 is still an awefully big class.  Will you have an aide of some kind?  

Betty, congrats on your not smoking.  I know how you feel about your countdown..lol..but we only have to count down until Friday since Monday is a holiday.  Hubby just went to the Sherriff's department to pay our property taxes.  I hate taxes.  That's another reason why we don't have pets - we'd have to pay property taxes for them :-\  Good luck with this semester.  I'm looking forward to my invitation next Spring.

Queen, you've probably already explained, but how in the world did you find a place where you don't have to pay rent?  I know where I'm heading..lol.  I'm glad that your neighbors are nice.  You deserve it.  How'd your tests go?  I've been thinking about you a lot lately.

Ok, I'm off to take a nap.  I'm sleeping better at night, but I'm getting more tired during the day. ???

Much love to you all!
Mum :-*

Queen, we posted at the same time and LOL I just wrote about your "nice" neighbors and BOOM! you write about them arguing in the street.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:17:11 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2008, 07:51:15 pm »
hey ladies just stopped in to say hello Im still kicken lol hope everyone is good
Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »
I just ate dinner and was relaxing a bit. The laundry couch is full of clothes that need to be put away.

Yeah, I said laundry couch LOL   We don't have a laundry room. Our washer and drier are in the kitchen and oddly there is  a couch in here too. My computer is in here also. From the angle the picture is taken I am sitting at my computer.
The ugly couch is a convenient spot to lay out clothes so they don't wrinkle and fold the ones that need folding.

I don't mind washing clothes and putting them on the couch but I hate putting them where they belong.
Looking at the picture I really want to change the color of the walls in here. I don't know what Billy was thinking when he picked this color. Maybe it wasn't him that picked it. I've never asked.

I'm going to make an effort to put all of the clothes away tonight so Billy wont have to look at it.  :D
He's kind of a neat freak. I'm not a piggy but I have piggy tendencies. LOL
But hey, there are no dishes in the sink and I took care of a bunch of other household chores. I'm a cheap maid, I pay most of my way and I put out too. LMAO

I am in such a silly mood. Probably because Billy is coming home tommorrow and I am stoked to see him.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:31 pm »
Hey everyone! Well ready or not I am starting school tomorrow. I am still at 31 but that can always change!

Win-I feel you with the laundry. I HATE doing laundry. I enjoy doing the dishes but laundry? No. I like the "laundry couch"  ;D

Betty- Don't worry about the weight gain, just think about you quitting smoking. Keep it up! I think psychology is so interesting. What are you going to do with yourself when you are done?

Mum- An aide? Yeah right! If you have a special needs student you MIGHT get an aide. It all really depends on the parents and what the school district is willing to do. Some parents want their child to 100% mainstreamed and don't any assistance while others want the world. The district drags it feet because it cost more money. Unfortunately they treat education like a business. Oh, and yes I teach 5th grade. Isn't one of you children a fifth grader?

Angel-I know it's hard. Hang in there. Have you found anyone else to talk to?

Brandy-Hello!

Well, I have got to get to work...all that last minute planning!

Offline minismom

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2008, 09:32:14 pm »
Winni, LOL..I have a laundry couch, too, but it's in my living room.  I sit and fold all the clothes then put them on the designated spot for each kid.  When I'm sitting on the couch, boys are on the right and girls on the left.  #1 on the sofa, #2 on the front of the arm, #5 on the back part of the arm, then Mini on the sofa, #4 on the front of the arm, and #6 on the back of the arm.  Anything that needs hung goes over the back of the couch - boys on the right, girls on the left.  Our clothes are on the floor to the left and towels are folded and put on the floor on the right with kitchen towels closest to the sofa.  LOL..what a system ::)  What's funny is when Hubby folds and doesn't put the stacks in the right places - poor kids get confused.

Andrea, yes our oldest is in 5th grade this year.  Mini and #2 are in 3rd grade, #4 and #5 are in kindergarten, and #6 is only 4 1/2.  She came in the classroom today and said, "ready learn letters me...p, q, r."   

I got all the laundry done.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow and boy do we need it.  i was hoping to get the sheets washed, but they'll have to wait until thursday or Friday.  Tomorrow Hubby has an early morning client, and I've gotta get the house in some resemblence of order before Mini's party Friday night.  I'll do all the shopping on Thursday. 

Anyone have plans for Monday (labor day)?  Mini has her labs done on Tuesday and sees her lipid doc.  Then we go back on Friday morning for her PID visit. 

Mini's team played #1's team in a scrimmage tonight.  #1 gave her a hard time all day long about how her team would lose, he was going to burn past her, how'd it feel to be a loser?  Well guess what - HER TEAM WON!!!  And, she hit the ball both times up to bat and got on base.  #1 struck out!!!  Mini's team is still coach's pitch and has 6 and 7yr olds.  #1's team has 9 - 11yr olds.  I was so proud of the little team. 

Everyone have a great night and sweet dreams to you all.
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50:10 pm »
Hi GFs~

So tired tonight, laughing at the laundry couches.  Some people hang laundry on treadmills, others make neat piles on "laundry couches."   ;D

It took me 1hr 35mins to get to work this morning, traveling 37 miles one way.  About 8 miles from my house traffic came to a complete stop, not even down in the county where school started today.  Its 50mph and we are going ZERO.  No traffic lights, no stop signs, just CORN FIELDS on either side of the road out in God's country.  Traffic was backed up close to 10 miles from down over the county line where there is a 30MPH ZONE.  The slow down there created a back-up miles ahead of it.

O                  M                          G                  spare me.   >:(

Thank you to everyone who homeschools their kids or puts them on the BUS where they belong.  I think EVERYONE with a kid drove them to their first day of school today. 

Life in the DC Suburbs, with corn fields, even.  At least the view was scenic.   :-\

I have showered tonight and I am leaving early tomorrow to beat the clusterf*ck on the roads.  And its Cheesecake Factory day for lunch with my department.  Yes, I kept my mouth shut today in training, told "said coworker" that I didn't want to steal her thunder, and gave her a BIG smile with evil eyes.  >-l  Cue PSYCHO music, ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

OK, I need sleep, more over the weekend.

Oh and Cheech has had such a bad cough from the pollen that he sounded like he was "honking" like a goose the past two days, seems a little better tonight.  We need rain, and its a comin' Thursday.

Bon soit et couchez bien.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:52:32 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:30 pm »
Getting ready to go to bed. I still need to shower and shave but I got the linens back on my bed. Aside from the comforter which is still in the drier. I haven't touched the laundry on the couch LMAO

I don't know where the hell my time went...

I did answer an email from my webpage. I've had a few people email me in the last couple of days from my web page. Which was interesting because I haven't had an email from the site in more than a year at least. I guess when it rains it pours. But I like trying to help people so its all good. As long as they don't turn out to be pervs which has happened more than once.
Not a shocker considering I plaster my face all over everything LOL

Oooooh K  I need to get off this machine and clean myself up. My honey will be home tomorrow wooo whooooo!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2008, 12:10:19 am »
Cindy, do you ever give Cheech Benedryl? My dog has REALLY sensitive skin and the vet has had her on prednizone for itchies and said that I could give 1 Benedryl twice a day. I only give it to her when I see her really scratching. Oh...she doesn't have fleas.... :) I am also supposed to give her a bath AT LEAST once a week with a soap free shampoo. I use Hilyt (I think that's how you spell it) She actually likes it and goes into the bathroom to wait for me when I say, "Bath!" Of course I have to get the "high maintenance" dog.

Anyways...just wondering.... ;D

tendai

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2008, 06:45:56 am »
hie ladies

just popping in to say hie.  nothing much's happening here.  my brother's finally getting treated for TB.  work still sucks and im not the only one complaining, we all are, all four of  us dont make in a month what he makes in a day so forgive us dear doctor  if we dont work as enthusiastically  as you want us to. the new parliament opened yesterday and those nasty MDC MPs were busy singing and dancing and jeering while our dear president was making his speech.  well how rude! ;D we totally loved it, about time someone showed him the (dis)respect he deserves.  ooh and parliament voted for an MDC speaker of parliament in spite of there being 2 arrests of MDC MPs which should  have guaranteed a ZANU win. which means theres ZANU MPS who voted for the opposition. oh my.. :o  Hopefully things can start to change for the better, if only those Talkers would reach an agreement already, we're that close to breaking point.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.