Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:01:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 589
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hillary manages to not answer a single question  (Read 7674 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Hillary manages to not answer a single question
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:21:38 am »
on Fox this morning. She has learned well from her husband mistakes. Instead of lying like Willy,she just doesnt answer the question. And whats with the giggle at every question? This person is Presidential material? She sure didnt appear so this morning. When asked how she would pay for her Health care program she told Wallace to go to her website after 3 minutes of blather about how government can better manage healthcare than private industry. Has government ever managed anything efficiently,other than their own health care and pensions?

Looks like the Dems are giving us another candidate in the mold off Lurch and Algore and many will be forced to vote republican as usual cause they have no choice.  This person has absolutely no experience at anything other than refusing to answer questions. This is nuts.  How did this person get in this position? Why is she giggling at serious questions? She looks like a condescending fool.  What is with the laugh? Why is she laughing at everything? Holy shit Democrats give us someone with a brain. We have had 20 straight years of people who werent up to the job and now this woman.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: Hillary manages to not answer a single question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:37:43 am »
Jake -

Your diatribes against anyone with the last name of Clinton have become very tiresome.  You nitpick and look for anything that will back up your preconceived ideas on her abilities.  We all get it.. you don't like Hillary -- you've made it loud and clear all these months.  Here's a novel thought -- if you don't like her, don't vote for her.

BTW - I saw Hillary on Meet the Press this morning...  I didn't notice any giggles there.  She answered all of Russert's questions exactly like any other candidate would - with spin to make her positions look good.  Why she would want to appear on Fox is beyond me anyway.  Interestingly, I did not hear her say anything that I interpreted to mean the gov't would be efficient.  She has private insurance as a central point of plan anyway.

I'm not sure how we get anything close to Universal coverage without the government's participation (not their overtaking, just their participation).  If you leave it up to private industry, with no gov't oversite, your ass will be dropped in a heartbeat (as will mine).  If you leave it up to private industry, all of the Medicaid and Medicare and ADAP folks will left swinging in the wind.  Why?  Because private industry means it will be "governed" by shareholders -- and shareholders are rarely altruistic.

Mike

Offline libvet

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 11:38:17 am »
I rather suspect Jack that if Albert Einstein were running on the democratic ticket, you'd say exactly the same thing.

We get it.  You hate anyone with a "D" after their name.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 11:59:47 am »
on Fox this morning...

Need we say more? You mo's are playing Jake's game when you take the bait, and believe me it's all a game. Either ignore him or post a link to yet another Republican arrested for breaking the law. Exposing (no pun intended) another pedophile or closet case Republican being arrested is much more fun. Now where did I put that link to the Republican assistant DA in Florida that was just arrested for trying to have sex with a minor, I know it's around here somewhere.... 

Offline ademas

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:20:58 pm »

Looks like the Dems are giving us another candidate in the mold off Lurch and Algore and many will be forced to vote republican as usual cause they have no choice. 

Ha--as if there's a choice in the Republican field!  Funny how the GOP ran the "flip-flop" theme into the ground with Kerry last election, and now look at their choices!  Too funny!

Now, I'm off to read every last one of Doxie's "republican exposé" threads.  They really do make more sense, and are far more entertaining.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 12:24:32 pm »
Hillary laughed in Chris Wallace's face because the first question out of his mouth, framed in the most partisan of Fox manners, accused Hillary of being an extremist partisan.

I thought it riotously funny myself when I saw it.

Oh, and good ole Hillary just steamrolled though the networks this morning -- gloriously appearing sequentially on each and every Sunday morning political talk show.

She didn't laugh on the other shows.  Oh right, they're all part of the Great Liberal Mainstream News Conspiracy.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline ademas

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 12:33:09 pm »
I was wondering about that great liberal media mainstream news conspiracy thing just yesterday, as I was flipping the channels and trying to decide between Lou Dobbs, Tucker Carlson, and Brit Hume.
I chose to turn the damn TV off instead.

Offline libvet

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 01:31:40 pm »
What's really funny is that the neoconned right (Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, etc) always try to paint Hillary Clinton as some far left wing radical when in truth she is probably closer to the ideals conservatives claim to stand for than many, if not most of the the republicans serving in Congress.

She certainly is not a far left winger.

Of course, the same people who claim she is some fringe leftist think Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity are "centrists" or "moderates".

By the same token, I would prefer we had someone to the left of Hillary Clinton as president anyway.  I don't dislike her as a person, I just want someone a bit more liberal.

I've never quite understood the sheer venom that the right has for Hillary Clinton anyway.  If I had to wager a guess, it is just spillover from their sheer loathing of her husband and cannot accept that a married woman might have her own ideas and political stances independent of her husband and therefore can't separate the two people and see them as individuals.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 02:12:19 pm »
very well-stated, libvet.

I also would love to see someone more 'left' than Hillary.

Jack, I don't think it's just her, NO politicians seem to answer the questions they are asked nowadays.  It just burns me up.

I watched a show on C-SPAN about Harry S. Truman this weekend; now there was a man who answered ANY question, had strong opinions, and stood by his principles.   He was honest and respectful of the office of President.   We sure could use someone like him today, IMHO.

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline northernguy

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 05:21:41 pm »
...I've never quite understood the sheer venom that the right has for Hillary Clinton anyway.  If I had to wager a guess, it is just spillover from their sheer loathing of her husband and cannot accept that a married woman might have her own ideas and political stances independent of her husband and therefore can't separate the two people and see them as individuals.

I would expect a lot of it has to be with her being a woman, though of course they would never admit that.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline jack

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 06:00:49 pm »
It has nothing to do with her being a woman. You guys always have to play the race card,the class card or the "its because she is woman" card. I respect many women leaders, I just dont consider Hillary a leader. Before she became Senator she had virtually no experience at anything except destroying every woman whom her husband slept with. 
Another thing that really disturbs me is we dont have a candidate who isnt a lawyer.  Lawyers tend to  think in terms of what is legal 'not what is right or wrong,and that scares me.(willy and nixon)
Of course she answered Russerts questions. Russert is on her team. He has always been a Democrat hack just like Matthews and George Stepanopolous. I am pretty sure Russert worked for Mario Cumo.
Most sensible people will be forced to vote for a Republican if Hilllary is the candidate.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 06:02:33 pm »
I respect many women leaders,

Name one.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 06:04:14 pm »
It has nothing to do with her being a woman. You guys always have to play the race card,the class card or the "its because she is woman" card. I respect many women leaders, I just dont consider Hillary a leader. Before she became Senator she had virtually no experience at anything except destroying every woman whom her husband slept with. 
Another thing that really disturbs me is we dont have a candidate who isnt a lawyer.  Lawyers tend to  think in terms of what is legal 'not what is right or wrong,and that scares me.(willy and nixon)
Of course she answered Russerts questions. Russert is on her team. He has always been a Democrat hack just like Matthews and George Stepanopolous. I am pretty sure Russert worked for Mario Cumo.
Most sensible people will be forced to vote for a Republican if Hilllary is the candidate.

Advertisement

New Sex Sting Charge for U.S. Prosecutor
By DAVID N. GOODMAN
Associated Press Writer

DETROIT — A federal prosecutor who authorities say came to Michigan expecting to have a sexual encounter with a 5-year-old girl has been indicted on an additional charge and ordered held without bail.

John D.R. Atchison, 53, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., an assistant U.S. attorney based in Pensacola, Fla., was arrested Sunday at Detroit Metropolitan Airport when he arrived for a meeting with a woman he thought was going to let him have sex with her young daughter, authorities said. The woman actually was a Macomb County sheriff's detective and part of an Internet sex sting operation.

He initially faced charges of use of the Internet to seek illicit sex, which carries a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years, and interstate travel to engage in illicit sexual contact, which carries up to 30 years.

On Tuesday, a federal grand jury added a charge of crossing state lines with intent to have sex with someone under 12, which carries a minimum 30-year prison sentence and a maximum of life.

Defense lawyer James Thomas declined to comment after a hearing Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Virginia M. Morgan, who denied bail.

Atchison's boss, U.S. Attorney Gregory R. Miller, said in a statement Tuesday that his staff was cooperating with the FBI, federal prosecutors and Michigan investigators. The status of Atchison's employment was unclear.

Atchison is president of the Gulf Breeze Sports Association, which runs youth baseball, softball, cheer leading, soccer, football and basketball programs. The group said Tuesday it was placing him on leave until the charges were resolved.

According to an FBI affidavit, Atchison exchanged instant messages with Macomb County sheriff's Detective Linda Findlay, who is part of the 6-year-old Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team.

"Findlay created an online undercover persona ... of a mother with minor children who is interested in allowing men to have sex with her children," FBI Agent Matthew A. Bowman wrote.

When he arrived Sunday, he was carrying presents for the girl, including a doll and earrings, and also had sexual materials,

Offline jack

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 06:16:47 pm »
How could we get someone left of Hillary? I mean,how do you get to the left of Hillary? She has said she will take from those who produce and give to those who dont. She has said she will confiscate Big Oil profits to do with as she wishes. She has said she will do away with all of Ws puny tax cuts. She has said she is for the war and she has said she is against the war. She has said government can better manage an industry than the private sector.  I guess the whack job from Cleveland is to the left of her, but I cant think of anyone else.
Just look at the people she put in her husbands cabinet. There were no more liberal,incompetent,and in some cases morally challenged people. I am in now way saying Bushes cabinet or supporters are any different,what I am saying is we have seen this before, it was the 90s. I dont wanna go back there. I dont wanna go back to appeasing terrorists and making deals with the N.Koreans. I dont wanna go back to a tabloid presidency,which is where we will be with Willy in Washington again.  She will spend more time answering questions on who Willy is fucking than on health care.
Fuck, give us a liberal who is honest,give us a choice. Do you all remember the IRS records scandal she was involved in? My favorite was her profit in trading commodities,as a former commodity trader I can tell you her profits were impossible.
I wanna hear her giggle.

Offline jack

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 06:25:52 pm »
Margaret Thatcher. My Wife. Jean Kirkpatrick.  Condi Rice.  My daughters. My mother before she went mad.
One of my girls went sky diving yesterday. Very Cool.
Oh yeah,women I admire, Kathy Whitmire, the former Democratic Mayor of Houston. She was a lib but she was honest. Houston is like 5 times as big as Arkansas.
There are many women I admire, but the ones above,except my mother who totally gone, would make a better president than Hillary.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 06:29:19 pm »

*chortle*

(loudly even)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 06:35:37 pm »

I wanna hear her giggle.

You will when she wins. What is funny is that Hillary would lose a straw poll conducted among forum members because she is too conservative. Her politics are much closer aligned to a moderate republican than a liberal Democrat. Course she is head and shoulders above any of the dimwits the Republicans have to offer. Let's see you got the flip-flop twins Mitt or Rudy (thrice married family guy who married his cousin) wing nut McCain who deeevorced the mother of his children to marry a much younger gazillionaire or Fred, Hollywood pretty boy who hasn't been able to answer a single simple question posed by the press.

This is great, eight years of Hillary and universal healthcare and a source of constant irritation for the right, it don't get any better than that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 06:45:02 pm »
Look on the bright side.  Alan Keyes just stepped into the race last week.

Offline libvet

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 06:58:10 pm »
How could we get someone left of Hillary?

I rest my case.

When the National Review ranked the Senators on 62 key votes in the Senate, only 10 democrats were ranked as being overall more conservative than Senator Clinton.

Broken down further:

9 Democrats had a more conservative voting record than her on economic issues.

6 Democrats had a more conservative voting record than her on foreign policy issues.

26 Democrats had a more conservative voting record than her on social issues.

In a nutshell, Senator Clinton is fairly liberal on social issues, but is a centrist on economic and foreign policy issues.

So tell us exactly what positions of Senator Clinton do you find so outrageously "liberal".

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 07:07:08 pm »

Sorry....I don't watch Faux News

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 07:11:08 pm »
Sorry....I don't watch Faux News

I only watch the Fox Sunday morning show. It never hurts to know what the "enemy" is saying and thinking. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline northernguy

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 07:21:06 pm »
...She has said she will do away with all of Ws puny tax cuts...

What a laugh.  Your USA can't afford tax cuts.  That's the inconvenient thing about adventuristic foreign wars, they cost money  (no matter what GWB tells you).
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 07:28:54 pm »
I only watch the Fox Sunday morning show. It never hurts to know what the "enemy" is saying and thinking. ;)

Keith Olbermann (MSNBC) ususally keeps me informed of what the ememy is saying over at that other network.

Actually I do watch it once in a while... I make sure I have the sponge brick, ready to toss at the TV.  ;)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 08:17:57 pm »
She has said she will take from those who produce and give to those who dont. She has said she will confiscate Big Oil profits to do with as she wishes.

Oh come on now -- EVERY politician does this, because everyone's tax dollars are used to help others in this country.  Not to mention all the tax dollars that W is taking from me and giving to the Iraqis (and to Halliburton execs).

So, stop throwing around unsubstantiated sound bites like:
Just look at the people she put in her husbands cabinet
It really makes you look like one of the "Fair and Balanced" Fox News reporters.

I do try to keep an open mind and, actually, love to listen to people with opinions different than mine.  What I can't stand, however, is listening to people go ballistic on someone without proof and without stating how "their" side is better.

m

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 08:24:44 pm »
There's a bit of divine retribution in all of this.  Hillary, and by extension Bill, will be returned to the White House by the very machine that placed a Sock Puppet (Dubya) in there and then proceeded to allow him to do anything he pleased without restraining him (Rubber Stamp Congress, corrupt even and sexually perverse!), so much so that he completely fucked everything up so bad that folks are leaving the GOP in droves and corporate CEO's are donating massive sums to the Democrats.  I expect both houses in Congress will remain Dem with increased numbers, perhaps even a veto proof Senate.

Sweet.  It's made getting lipo and sticks for legs worth it living to see all of this!

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 09:58:04 pm »
Sweet.  It's made getting lipo and sticks for legs worth it living to see all of this!

A-Men !
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 10:06:57 pm »
I'll never understand this primal knee-jerk vitriolic hatred some people (mostly conservatives) have toward Senator Clinton. She has done more than any other presidential candidate out there to advocate for people living with HIV/AIDS -- especially in the United States. Maybe I'm biased because I have people close to me who work for her and have seen first-hand her outreach, advocacy, constituency services and strong dedication to the HIV/AIDs community.

I watched her on all the news shows (except FOX - the bf banned it from our apartment) and she was great. Her healthcare plan, if you really look at it, can be viewed as nothing short of bold and transformative.

To each his own -- but Hillary is my Lady.   

:)
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline Lis

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 11:41:23 pm »
If Hill was the only vote I could make.. I would write in Sid Vicious...

she should come out of the closet.....
poz 1986....

Offline mjmel

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 07:47:09 am »
There's a bit of divine retribution in all of this.  Hillary, and by extension Bill, will be returned to the White House by the very machine that placed a Sock Puppet (Dubya) in there and then proceeded to allow him to do anything he pleased without restraining him (Rubber Stamp Congress, corrupt even and sexually perverse!), so much so that he completely fucked everything up so bad that folks are leaving the GOP in droves and corporate CEO's are donating massive sums to the Democrats.  I expect both houses in Congress will remain Dem with increased numbers, perhaps even a veto proof Senate.

I will Ah-Men! that too.
 ;D
Mike

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 08:07:06 am »
Sounds like your average politician....
as far as Bill teaching her a few things....
I suspect (as an attorney) she taught him how to AVOID answering questiions.

Still worse come to worse....I'd rather have her in office than another four years of
Bush like politics in the White Houise.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Iggy

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 08:27:24 am »
Here's the transcript:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297746,00.html

I don't see FOX noted that she laughed twice (once at FOX news  asking her why she is so partisan...sorry , but I would laugh too, and at the end when Wallace asked her to send his best to the President.   If you don't get the second joke, I really don't know what to say)

I thought the more interesting thing is when Wallace started a question falsely with "but," regardless of whether his question had anything to do with either the previous question or her answer.   n other words it's a trick in broadcast journalism to imply that the person being interviewed is not actually responding to questions or that the interviewer is facing a hostile person.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:30:41 am by Iggy »

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:57 am »
Jack, I think you would do better if you'd just for a moment stop focusing on personalities and simply state what what values drive and interest you. Political personalities are either trying to:

Build a demographic that they can act as a tribe, united in some cause or mission, and of course then make a living telling people what they want to hear.

Cobble a 51% "majority" to win an election.

To focus on democrats as socialists is an interesting take on the world as politicians basically will play any card they think that will get them to 51. Think Bush when during the last week of 2004 election, he basically made a plea to gays that they should vote for him, because he isn't against gays ultimately.

Democrats have been talking alot about fiscal responsibility and how when they had the presidency last, they had a surplus. Strange to hear that from the "left".

More and more I think the lines are all blurred. If republicans and their lust for a long lasting majority to rival Democratic power since the 40's until the 90's, became huge deficit spenders and just as liberal as any leftist by pandering to Senior Citizens with Medicare Drug Coverage, then maybe we should just focus on Social Issues and how to increase personal freedom and choice, because have a fiscally conservative congress and executive wing seems largely or almost impossible, as we somewhat spoiled Americans, want stuff without wanting to pay for it.

I spend a fair amount of time and am very close to staunchly conservative friends who pretty much say Democrats are Socialist and of course Socialism it the deathnell of our Country. Fairly standard partisan thinking. I personally find this whole small government thing pretty much a red herring anymore, as some of the standard principles that drive the Right Vs. Left dialog overtly simple, slogan oriented, focused on playing the victim card. (yes the right seems to like to play that one in a underhanded way, focusing on how unfair taxes are, like the death tax etc., and taxes are so unfair to those with money.) We are always focusing on injustices, which is fine, and we really do forget what freedom is all about and how both the right and the left like to spend alot of effort squashing those rights.

There seems to be very little effort anymore to find common ground.

Someone was talking about Truman being someone who would answer questions plainly. Of course Truman didn't have to deal with the modern media machine and instant information age that we live in today. Chances are, Truman didn't have to spend alot of time looking at polls and worrying immediately what the "country" was thinking. He was the president, and he did what he thought was right.

I also remember the Goldwater Conservative Credo, In the defense of Liberty there is nothing too extreme. (to that effect) and Conservative were definitely into, a man's home is his castle, which then focusing on personal rights and freedoms as outlined in the constitution and the bill of rights.

Is that really that different from what Gay People, as a whole, want? To be left alone to pursue ones happiness? To have equal rights as every other American? If these are core conservative values then sign me up.

But what do we get, so called conservatives politicians embracing anti homophobic groups and advancing an agenda that encourages discrimination against gays. Anti Environmentalism as if taking good care of the environment is somehow a thing so terrible to completely stop listening to environmentalists, wasteful spending, bad tax policies, (that is always up for discussion), the government interfering in the Terry Schivo Case - Spousal Rights! (Something gay people want!).

So Jack, you can blast Hillery all day. What alternative do us folk in middle have? Especially those of us who are gay or socially liberal. How can I support republicans as currently constituted? I rather vote Libertarian, but all they ever talk about today is gun rights. If libertarians were to ever start addressing their philosophy as really gay friendly, I think many gay people would listen.

--------
Lots of folks think that Log Cabin Republicanism is absurd, but in light of Goldwater type principles, I can understand. But in all good conscience, how can any gay person vote for a party that is essentially against gay rights and in fact encourages gay homophobia, discrimination and the denial of rights that heterosexual have? Really, you can hate Democrats for what ever reason, they are not "against" gay people, and do at least support for the most part Civil Unions, which give us the right to have some to speak for us when we cannot.

risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 12:22:36 pm »
When asked how she would pay for her Health care program she told Wallace to go to her website after 3 minutes of blather about how government can better manage healthcare than private industry.

after reading some of the Hillary plan, I have to say, if we are gonna move in this direction,it doesnt seem that horrible
                                                  ~jack

Offline poz1970

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 01:11:20 pm »
Political Jokes/Statements;

I trusted my government, and now I glow in the dark.

You know the worst thing about political jokes?
They get elected.

How can you tell when a politician is lying?
Their Mouth is moving.

"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.