Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:29:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 631
Total: 633

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What are the chances of the Top Getiing Hiv.  (Read 6311 times)

Offline greenapple23

What are the chances of the Top Getiing Hiv.
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »
What are the chances of an Hiv Negative top contracting Hiv from an HIV positive bottom, who is not on meds. The bareback only lasted for a minute but the rest was with condoms.....what are the chances ?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: What are the chances of the Top Getiing Hiv.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »
What are the chances of an Hiv Negative top contracting Hiv from an HIV positive bottom, who is not on meds. The bareback only lasted for a minute but the rest was with condoms.....what are the chances ?

Although the risk for the insertive partner is lower than that of the receptive partner its a risk just the same and he will need to test for HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline AusShep

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:21:00 pm »
Is this about you? 

Saw your post last month where you were out of the hospital and had a viral load of 10 million and were about to start meds.  Have you been able to get into treatment and on HAART?

Offline greenapple23

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 11:08:57 pm »
Is this about you? 

Saw your post last month where you were out of the hospital and had a viral load of 10 million and were about to start meds.  Have you been able to get into treatment and on HAART?

i dont even know if i should be reviling this on the forum. i just feel depressed right now. The thought of me giving someone else this disease is more frightening than my initial diagnosis. Sometimes i just wish i was Asexual.

This is about me. i told the guy i only have sex with condoms. He used the condom for the entire session only up until the last minute. he fucked me raw. i saw him take off the condom but i just thought he was going to rub his dick around my hole.... before i knew it he went in...it only lasted for a min or less. he did not cum inside me. he pulled out and the ejaculated on my stomach.

No i have not been on treatment. My genotype results hasnt been back yet when i made my last doctors visit, i should start my meds sometime during the first week of November . (which is my next doctor's visit)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:16:44 pm by greenapple23 »

Offline AusShep

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:33:06 pm »
That's a tough situation. I'm glad to hear you'll be going on meds in a couple of weeks.

If the guy really is negative, he's not making good decisions to stay that way.  It's a really crappy thing for him to go bareback on a guy who said he only uses condoms.  He's responsible for his own actions, and although you could have stopped him sooner, he's the one who made that choice.

I don't have any advice other than telling him you're poz, or if you don't want to do that, say your going on PEP and he should too.  Oh, and to not hook up (I'm assuming that's what it was) with him again, he can't be trusted to stay within agreed bounds...

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 09:54:32 pm »
i dont even know if i should be reviling this on the forum. i just feel depressed right now. The thought of me giving someone else this disease is more frightening than my initial diagnosis. Sometimes i just wish i was Asexual.

ojo     hi green, do not feel that bad, you did your part, but you have to think about getting other STD, and I don't think you need more "stress", do you?.....be responsible and, could you wait a bit longer, before you start having sex?....just a thought...hugs          ojo

Offline LostChild89

• The sweetest thing I've ever known...
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 09:16:51 pm »

man we all wish that at some point in time. But we can't be. Or at least I wont be! lol.

He made a foul decision and he already goes in to 'situations' with reckless behaviors. Nevertheless, be very clear about your bodily safety. You don't have to disclose why if you don't want to. Some people out there can't take someone being honest with them and wanting them to be safe. They'd rather not know. Can't say I blame them tho.

Also remember HIV may be the big piece of the STI pie, but now that you are positive, you have to stand guard of other STIs. You don't want to make your treatment any harder than 1 or 2 pills a day!

In another words, be a little selfish. Protect yourself and your personal image. Protect others for your own consciousness. Take care of you!

The Creator be a Blessing to You :-*
Exposure June 2012
1st Poz Test 2/3/14
Diagnosed 2/12/14

2/13/14 CD4 1066 VL 765 35%
6/20/14 CD4 852  VL 15552 34%
9/24/14 CD4 787 VL 1764 34%
10/22/14 Started Triumeq
12/18/14 CD4 1114 VL UD 40%
06/26/17 CD4 1398 VL UD 45%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.