Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:30:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772782
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 213
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The man who poisoned my goats(UPDATE)  (Read 18114 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: The man who poisoned my goats(UPDATE)
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2007, 01:31:25 pm »
best news of the day so far.

go, Jan!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2007, 03:07:15 pm »
Oh, Jan this is the best news I have heard all day!

Way to go!!

Keep your kidds close...give them great big goat hugs for me!

Love you,
J
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline TopherK

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:46 pm »
Jan,

I've been following this story closely since it hits pretty close to home.  You see, once upon a time I raised horses in the sticks of Alabama.  Although the grazing pastures were mostly away from the property lines, I had a problem with folks who would wander onto the farm (200 acres is tough to patrol 24/7), some had mischief in mind and some just wanted to "see the pretty horses."  I lost one horse to colic after an otherwise well-meaning woman brought some leafy branches with her to feed the horses... little did she know that red maple is toxic.  *sigh*  I'll never forget that mad dash to the horse vet with my ex riding in the trailer, struggling to keep the horse alive.

Luckily, the woman owned up to it and the story resolved the best it could.

While people are capable of amazingly despicable acts, I am SO sorry to read that you're having to go through this.  I do my best not to hate others, but I find myself hoping that karma will come back on that fuckwad bastard ten fold.  If not karma au naturale, then a nice hefty fine and some quality time away with a sociopathic and very lonely cell mate.

(pausing to breathe and re-center myself...)

On a lighter note, have you thought of raising pigs?  A friend who had snarly neighbors once built an elaborate pig sty at a strategic corner of his property and filled it with beautiful, large, loud, sinking swine.  The neighbors could do nothing thanks to the agricultural zoning laws in the area and, after a year of not being able to use their back yard, decided to move.

Best wishes on Wednesday and keep yourself (and the kidds) safe.

-Topher
Diagnosed August 17, 2005
12 Jul  07 v/l 722   CD4 558  31%
10 Oct 07 v/l 1132  CD4 456  21%
08 Feb 08 v/l <50!  CD4 510  30%
09 May 08 v/l 1128  CD4 669  30%
06 Aug 08 v/l 1126  CD4 618  29%
06 Dec 08 v/l 248    CD4 630  30%
01 May 09 v/l 2626  CD4 529  28%
05 Jul 09 v/l 2616    CD4 524  28%
21 Oct 09 v/l 4201  CD4 763  30%
19 Nov 09 - start Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir & Predisone for chronic inflammation
11 Dec 09 v/l 114    CD4 700  31% - switch Reyataz/Norvir to Isentress
currently  v/l <50  CD4 ~560  30%

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2007, 03:56:42 pm »
glad to hear things are a bit better, for you and the animals - kate  :)

Offline Robert

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2007, 04:53:20 pm »
this is great news about jack.  Jack's enema.  Sounds like just the trick.

And kudos to the young  policeman (I love a man in uniformm) who brought the trespassing and harrassment charges.  And the RSPCA is really going to see to it that this does not go unpunished.

robert

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2007, 10:49:34 pm »
But I gotta admit when you mentioned the enema yesterday I couldn't help but giggle

:D :D..I have done worse things in my life Rab ..Penile swabs come to mind, the only differnce between the two is Jack didn't scream... ;) :D

Thanks for your post Topher and welcome to the forums.

Hugs
Jan :-*

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:51:47 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline randym431

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2007, 11:37:03 pm »
Hi Jan
Just catching up on the board and was shocked to hear all that had happened.
My temper would go thru the roof. This creep would come up missing if this
happened to me. Just another hole in the desert. 

Too bad you couldnt install some cameras, and maybe an electric fence, high voltage.
If he'd done this to a child or children, he'd be in prison for life, or worse.
For this, he should get the same punishment.

So sorry you have to deal with a scum neighbor like this.
Protect those little angles from this guy, he's bad news.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:19 am »
Hello Luv,

Words cannot even begin to express my emotions over this heinous act.  I found your response to be just what I would expect of someone with your intestinal fortitude.  As for the man who did this, well ruminating over things that could be done to him is really redundant. As it is, he is barely human, holds no empathy, sympathy nor compassion toward much, if anything and I would imagine that the daily hell he lives pales in comparison to anything another could do to him.

Speaking your mind was very cathartic for you, but I caution you on allowing any hatred to linger, because hate is like acid: it does more damage to the vessel in which it is stored, than anything on which it may be poured.

Stephen and my thoughts are always with you.

All our love, Joe

Offline greatcyber

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2007, 09:19:47 pm »
My Dear Jan,

This is more than heartbreaking to read and realize that you actually had to live through this.  Amazing!  I would recommend that you visit an electronics store on-line (such as Radio Shack) and buy a couple of wireless internet cameras that you could place along your fence line.  They hook up to your computer and record what goes on.  Can even be motion activated.  You can get 2 cameras and software for under $200 here.  At least that way you would have a record of his coming onto your property and his nefarious deeds to show to the police and have this bastard of a beast put behind bars.  Then he can be buggered by some nice big brut!

We love you so much and think of you often.  Hope you will come and visit us in Montreal once we get to move.

Love,
Stephen and Joe
Perform a Random Act of Kindness Today...

...You Just May Be In Need of One Tomorrow!

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2007, 06:45:01 am »
Honey,

If someone touches our animals, we become savages.

Well done.

What's the max sentence for murder? Should you consider, I have a spare room for asylum in Belgium.
Granted for my  courageous Jan.

Kisssssses and hug you in a couple of days

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.