Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:22:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 226
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part 39-Let's not do the Roman anymore  (Read 45840 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Dating Thread Part 39-Let's not do the Roman anymore
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:12:35 pm »
Alright ladies,

I figured it was my turn to start a new thread. 

Mahalia, I feel extremely bad for Tendai also.  She is a very strong, special woman.

Mum, I wish we had a Gabriel's here.  It sounds like a lifesaver; especially if you have kids.

Queen, I'm really sorry about the car.  If you don't get the apartment, I'm sure when you go for your orientation for section 8 there will be listings of places to rent.  I've never heard of a car allowance.  They don't have that here.   Oh, and I hope that idiot (your roomie's ex) gets thrown back in the slammer also.

Not much going on here.  I went to the store earlier and got some strawberries-Kroger had buy 1 get 1 free.  That's the kind of deals I like.   Also, I had talked to Liz this morning and she was wondering if I would pick her up some creamer (for coffee) from the store.  So, I went to her apartment and took her the creamer and I also took her some of the cake I made yesterday (which turned out fab by the way).  It's a white cake with double fudge frosting.  I'm watching how much I eat; but like I said in an earlier post, I can always tweek the Insulin.  Now, don't get in an uproar ladies, I don't do that all the time.  I realize to do that would be playing around too much with my health.  Only once in awhile.

Nothing planned for this evening.  It has been raining and grey here.  I took a snooze earlier and am just going to watch some tube and read this evening.  I hope everyone's well. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

Re: Dating Thread Part 39-Let's not do the Roman anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:14:29 pm »
Good Afternoon all!

Mum-I too wish there was a Gabriel's. I could probably do some damage there!  ;D
Queen- That sucks about your car. Boy when it rains, it pours. Since you haven't heard about the house what is going to happen when your 30 days is up? I hope you find something before then. What a pain.

Well I still have not started my period, but the day is not over yet. This is the 28th day and I have fluctuated between 24 and 28. I took a home pregnancy test today and it came out negative which is good, but I still don't know why my period hasn't started. I don't know what is going on.

There still was not any water at school today but they brought in porta potties. Yeah, that will help. So ridiculous. Thursday is my groups last day but the rest have next week. I told a couple parents that there has been no water and they brought in the porta potties and if they might want to send water to drink with there child. I probably shouldn't have done that but it just bothers me. I would keep my child at home. It's not like they are going to be held back and it is only for 3 hours a day. Oh well...just 2 more days.

Well today I did something I have never done...made a steak. I have been craving it for the last few days. I rarely even eat meat and sometimes I crave a big, greasy, meaty cheeseburger... :) No I am not a vegetarian I just prefer the "side dishes" Anyways...it tasted pretty good. I had to laugh at myself because when I went to the market I did not even know what to look for or buy. This was the first time I bought steak. If I get meat it is usually ground turkey and sometimes chicken. Oh well, I was happy with how it turned out.  Now some ice cream would sound nice...LOL!

Hope you all have a good day!

Offline netta

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:47:02 pm »
good evening all, just checking in. Iam recouperating after the holidays.I had a great time with my sis and family. GHope all is well . Love to all. Viv- I can't remeber the last time i ate steak!!! i can't afford it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:51:58 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:07:38 am »
Morning ladies,

Viv, the last time I had steak was last month at the beginning of the month.  Actually I got a pretty nice one from Wal-Mart for a pretty cheap price.  I had Alex cook it on the grill and boy was it good.  Every once in awhile, though, I'm like you-I want a greasy hamburger (or cheeseburger).   Please let us know how things come out concerning your period etc. 

Netta, I'm glad you had a great holiday.  You deserve it after all you've been through.

Wendy, I hope you're getting better.  I've been thinking about you.

My granddaughter and the lady who takes care of her during the day came by last night on their bikes.  I wasn't expecting that, so it was a nice surprise.  I'm going to pick up my granddaughter tomorrow and spend the day with her.  Still haven't figured out what all I'm going to do with her, but I'm sure between the two of us, we'll come up with something.  There are several nice parks around here, so that's part of the plan.

Not a whole lot on tap for today.  I have to go out later, but nothing during the daytime hours.  I'm going to wash my car and maybe go to the library.  I need another book to read.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'll be back later.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline vivyt

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:17:36 am »
Good morning!  :) Well no period yet. According to my calculations I am 2 days late. I am going to try to get into the dr's office today and get a blood test. I think because of my status I need to know for sure and can't keep waiting. From what I understand a blood test is the best way. Oh I don't know what I am going to do if I am. For those of you who remember...my ex and I had a baby 11 yrs. ago and I decided to go the adoption route. It was the best decision for that time in my life. He is also the person who infected me. The only thing that really worries me is how my family is going to react if I am pregnant. They absolutely HATE him...especially after the HIV. When I was 22 and preg. my father made me move out and would not speak to me. Things are different now. I am done with school and I have a "career". Oh I don't know....I guess I will try not to worry until I know for sure. And then I worry that if I am will the Atripla have effected it? I mean I can only be a few weeks along I think....

I'll keep you updated...

Offline jshort

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:55:40 am »
Well I miss one day here and so much happens, lol. Whole new thread and everything.

Betty- thanks for your kind words, I know help is out there it just seems to be "hiding" right now.

Queen-- I hope your luck gets better soon. when it rains it pours, but i believe everything happens for a reason and there is a light at the end of the tunel hang in there.

vivyt-- I hope everything works out for you. Being pregnant isnt the worst thing that can happen. I know its hard when you have no support, but theres help out there and many options. Stay strong.

All my other GF's I hope things are going well for all of you and your all having a wonderful day.

As for me, well I made a call to the ID clinic yesterday. They're going to call me back today, their aiming at getting me in next week sometime. Thats good I guess but it just brings back all kinds of anxiety and fears I have about dealing with this Virus. I guess thats why I chose denial for so long. I know i have to do it thouhg. I was speaking to a friend of mine last night and she was telling me about how a friend of ours mother died. I asked what she died of and her response was "AIDS". My heart hit my stomach, it was a nasty reminder for me. My emotions are shitty today, i think i need anxiety meds, well enough of my rant. I have to get back to some errands. Until later ladies!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 01:04:21 pm »
Viv, I'm sure once you've seen the doctor, and had the pregnancy test, that will put some of your fears to rest.  Then you can inquire as to needing a med change, should you be pregnant etc.  Like Jshort said, it's not the worst thing.  We're here for you, to listen and support. 

Jshort, I'm so glad you're going to have an appointment soon.  It's always saddening to hear of someone who's passed from Aids.  But, when you see the doctor, and get your lab numbers, you'll know where you stand, whether it's time for meds etc.  There's always fear, especially the first time you're going to be seen regarding HIV, but doing something about it is a huge step in the right direction. 

I've not done much except shower and deep condition my hair (again).  I'm going to have to start deep conditioning every other day, as my hair has been so unusually dry.  I've had to do it before, no biggie.  I guess it's the years of bleaching (with a salon bleach, but done by me), using hair spray etc. 

I'll be leaving in a couple hours to get a few things from the store.  Nothing else planned today.  I might see if there's a meeting later I can hit (NA meeting).  Tomorrow night is my "home group," but with my granddaughter here I probably won't be able to get to that one.  I hope you ladies all have a nice afternoon and I'll be back later.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 05:52:52 pm »
I'm still alive LOL

I'm not 100% better but I am able to get out of bed today.I'd say I am around 70% better. Billy wanted to drag me to the doctor today. I refused because I'm almost better. They likely wouldn't do anything but agree that I am sick and I'd spend my entire day being uncomfortable in the county clinic. Sitting next to someone who is eyeballing me or my my purse or asking if I have any spare change. If I where to go see a doctor it should have been days ago.
If I don't progressively get any better I will see a doctor. But so far I can see that I am doing better.

I think its an infection in my tonsils, ears and sinuses. I've got lovely green boogies.  :)
I'm taking my Bactrim and getting plenty of fluids. I'll check back in as often as I can.

Take care.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 06:57:28 pm »
My goodness what a day it has been.  *deep breath* I'll try to remember everyone.

Winn, glad you're still alive..lol.  Gotta love those green boogies.  I'm glad you're getting better.  You're like me, I don't go to the doctor unless I'm on my last leg or Hubby drags me kicking and screaming.

Viv, hun, the sooner you know the sooner you can move on one way or another.  We're here for you, hun.  Just let us know how it turns out.

Queen, AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh!  Whew!  I know that's about how you feel.  Sometimes there's nothing else you can do but scream...and laugh.  Neither one gets you much, but at least it keeps you from going postal. 

Betty, what did you decide to do with your grand daughter today? 

Well, #6 and I were up before dawn heading out to the ENT / audiologist.  She was a total booger-head and wouldn't cooperate with the hearing tests.  But, the audiologist was able to do a simple OAE.  It's not a very "good" test, but it was all we could do.  Bottom line: she has no fluid or pressure in her eardrum to suggest that her hearing loss is caused by an infection or obstruction to her eardrum.  We'll go back next Thursday, 11th, for her hearing aide screening and to make her ear molds for her aide.  For now, she'll get a "temporary" aid for her right ear.  They'll adjust it often and see how she does at various settings.  In 6mths, she'll get her perminant aide.  In the meantime, they'll keep an eye on her left ear to make sure that she doesn't start losing hearing in that one, too.

I have 2 batches of Rice Krispy treats to make for tomorrow night.  #2's baseball team is having a cookout and I'm bringing dessert and 2 bags of chips.  I'll also bring a pitcher of decaf splenda tea.  No one ever thinks to bring sugar-free drinks.  I need to make the treats tonight because tomorrow I will be at Gabe's. ;D

Tonight we're going to watch Swiss Family Robinson and finish off the sugar-free cupcakes.  I made them with the new Pilsburry mix and icing that is made with Splenda.  So far, they only have vanilla and chocolate cakes and icings.  But, I just puree fresh strawberries and add it in place of the oil in the vanilla cake. (you can also replace oil with applesauce and it doesn't change the taste at all)  VERY good flavor.

Alrighty my sweeties, I need to cue up the movie (it's a VHS tape.. :P) and call up the crazies..um...I mean my sweet kiddies.

Love to you all!
Mum :-*

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:25:52 pm »
Wendy, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.  Let us know how you are, kay?

Mum, I'm picking up my granddaughter tomorrow.  I'll be fetching her around 11:30 from her daycare and probably keep her for the whole day.  I'm planning on taking her out to eat at Ihop.  She's only been there twice; both times with me.  She thinks it's some magical place because of all the sweet things they have there.  Not sure what we'll do afterwards.  I guess I'll cross that when I come to it.    Now, send my some Krispy treats! ;)

Have a good night ladies and for heaven sake, behave!

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 07:59:11 am »
Good morning, my sweeties!

Betty, before you go to Ihop, check out their website.  Most times, you can get coupons sent to you.  All you have to do is print them off.  Also, when you go, sign up for their birthday program.  For kids, they get a coupon mailed to them for a free meal in their birthday month and adults get a coupon for 20% off the entire check in their birthday month.  Anything to save money.

There is a weekly special on our local news called "cheapskates".  Every Wed, they show an inventive way to save money.  Last night, they did a story about a couple who makes their own laundry detergent.  The ingredients cost $10, but makes 20 gallons of detergent - 5 gallons at a time.  For their family of 4, the ingredients last over a year.  I'm going to try it.  Goodness knows I spend a fortune on laundry detergent.

I'm off now to get a load in the washer so that I can hang it out before heading to Gabe's.  Have a great day.

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:01 am »
Well I woke up this morning feeling even better than yesterday. I went to work alone today. Billy went with me yesterday and he had been going for me the last several days. He is truly the nicest person, one of those people who naturally just want to take care of other people.
I had that awful tickle cough last night from my sinuses dripping down the back of my throat but I managed to fall asleep after using the nasal spray. LOL it took me a good 15 minutes this morning to unclog all the impacted crap. < I know TMI >
I had a bunch of ear infections when I was growing up and even had to have the hospital hose out my ear once because it was so badly impacted I was deaf. Ear infections usually aren't intolerable for me anymore.
I prefer not to take any antibiotics unless I have to. The sinus crap bothers me. its a nuisance. I hope it doesn't get into my lungs. I'll go to the doctor if that happens because that is too uncomfortable. 

Mum you make me hungry talking about all those sweets.

Betty have fun with your granddaughter.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »
Hey Ladies,

Just checking in. Nothing exciting in my life today. Nothing but work and school work.

Sometimes I really HATE these Muth@#%)ers that work with me. Its all females and females are the worst BI^%ches to work with. Forgive my words. It's a long story and I will get into it more later.

Anywhos, Win- Im glad your feeling better. When I was first diagnosed I was so scared when I even just got a cold. I thought it was the end of the world.

Betty- Enjoy your grandbaby, How old is she, is she as exotic looking as your daughter, I bet she's beautiful.

Mum- When you get the ingredients can you please pass them along. Gas is kicking my butt down here.

Well let me go. I have to go in a classroom for a minute. I will check back in later.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 05:29:17 pm »
Yesssssssssssssssss................My pc is fianlly up...now i have to catch up...thanks for all the adviice...esp Drag....i think youre right...We arent broken up still but i am gonna slow my role in tryin to force myself /our relationship on the lil guy...We will do it in his time...I really Luv my Yungin..this is actually the first man that has made me consider making myself better.........
Live life to the fullest...

Offline vivyt

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:33:24 pm »
Hello! I hope everyone is having a good day!

Win- I am glad you are feeling better. I have been starting to cough and have had chest wheezing for a few months. I am afraid the pneumonia is coming back...

Betty-My sister and I used to go to IHOP and dinner once a week. We would have our pancakes. I love IHOP. Have fun!

Keeping- I know it...us women are the worst! LOL! I always said the reason women can never be on top is that we are always tearing each other down and men do not do that. We definitely are strange creatures...hang in there

Well I got my test result back and it was negative. I guess I am not pregnant but my period is still not here. I am 3 days late and I am really not ever late. The doctor said if I don't start by next week I need to come in. I do have to say that a big part of me is relieved and another part of me is disappointed. I told a coworker today that I might be and she was so happy for me. She doesn't know about my status but she knows all about the history with the ex and family and she still saw the positive side of it. That made me feel good. I told Mr. Wonderful (the ex) that we needed to talk and he asked if I was pregnant. I told him I did not have an answer for him and I would have to wait until tomorrow (today) He responded that we should not have a baby. This was all done via email. I emailed back that I didn't even know for sure what was going on and that we were not going to discuss it through email. I told him what time I get out of work and that he better figure out a way to get over here. That was early this morning and he has not read the email yet. I'm just waiting and I am not going to tell him the results right away. I am going to let him have and find what he is really feeling. Just last week I gave him an opportunity to say that this was all about sex and that's all. I told him I was ok with it and he should just say it. He wouldn't. He kept saying that it was more than that and that he wouldn't say it because it wasn't true. He has hidden so far away from his feelings he doesn't even know what is going on. AGGGHHH! Anyways...I don't know why I told you all that...oh well just background info.    Now I just have to figure out why my period is late. Thanks for listening.... :) :) :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 07:02:24 pm »
Viv - If your intuition says he is in it just for the sex then I'd listen to it. I've learned its best not to second guess my gut feeling, though I do it anyway sometimes. Typically it will bite me in the ass though. LOL
I think I found your period. This is the second day without my birthcontrol. The placebo week, and I have a pink show.
I'd be perfectly content if I never had another one. I'd be fine if my uterus vanished completely. LOL
Its not like I can have babies anyway. My tubes are tied and so are Billy's. So the likelihood is pretty much non existant.
Not that I'd want to start all over anyway.

I hope your lungs clear up, are you taking Bactrim?

Keeping - I don't really remember how I reacted to sickness when I was first diagnosed. Likely the same as now. I had a sick baby and a rambunctious toddler, a fool for a husband and no time to think about myself.
Life is  definitely different now. Funny how much can change in so little time. My baby would be 15 by now and my rambunctious toddler will be 19 this year. And he is still rambunctious. LOL
I can relate with the female thing. The most females I talk to are you ladies. I've always had trouble enjoying the company of women in general. I do enjoy being around women with strong personalities. Women who are laid back and not fussy.
Women are more complicated than men to me.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:16 pm »
Good evening ladies,

Mum, I read your post about Ihop after I had already gotten back from taking my granddaughter home this evening.  But, I'll have to remember that because her birthday is coming up in September; the day before mine.  Good luck making the detergent.

Keeping, yes, my granddaughter is beautiful.  She's not as dark as my daughter is.  My daughter's father (my 1st husband) was 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Native American.  My granddaughter's dad is white.  She has very light olive colored skin.  Sometimes women can be bad to work with, sometimes not.  I think it all depends on how much they're willing to get along with each other. 

Wish, if the young thing makes you happy, then hang onto him.

Viv, I'm glad you opened up.  I hope you and your ex have a good heart-to-heart.  That's what needs to happen.  You need to know where he stands.   About your period, well, sometimes periods are just late. 

Wendy, I'm glad you're feeling better.  I hope you continue to improve.

Well, I'm a bit tired tonight.  I took my granddaughter to Ihop, then we went to the library.  I got her two movies (and myself two).  We came back here, she watched her movies then played on the computer.  We decided then to go to Dairy Queen; then I took her home.  She wants to come over before school starts and spend the night.  My grandson will be starting preschool this fall.  Hard to believe. 

Other than that, I'm going to check out a few more threads and call it a night.  Have good one ladies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 09:05:49 pm »
Evening Ladies---

I feel like I have been doing drive bys, sorry for not commenting but I have been busy still trying to do things with this car. I did have to go to a junkyard and buy the parts for the window wipers and the horn. My gf who's son's car it is has asked me to stop doing things to fix it because she owes me over 300 bucks now but what I did today needed to be done for it to pass inspection which I will have to get next Friday. And she knows she can't get it back til she pays me off.

I still haven't finished my hair, I've been doing a little at a time but over half of it is done. Just been too busy to do it much today and I had to go to the grocery store. Now I am about to make some grilled chicken breasts on the grill along with some asparagus. I am tired and will be going to bed early since I have to be at the section 8 office in the morning.

Viv--Glad you're not preggers,that has to be a load off your mind.

Wishful-- I know you love the Youngstar so don't give up if you think it's worth a chance

Betty--Glad you had fun with your grand kid

The asshole didn't go to jail yesterday but asked for a continuance to get a lawyer. It seemed to have pissed the judge off but she allowed it. And then today the asshole gets into the roomie's account once again leaving messages of how he loves him. Well, the roomie closed out his email addy and got a new one. Hopefully, we will get a chance to present the emails and voicemail he left.

Have a good evening....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 09:38:10 pm »
Ok ladies, bear with me, this one might be a long rambling one. I apologize ahead of time... :) My life is pretty quite most of the time and then there is all this drama...I guess that's what prevents life from getting boring. I am just going to review some information...I think I mentioned what happened when I told my ex about my status if I didn't I will again. When I told him, he immediately replied that he was just tested and he was negative. I did not believe him since he is the only one I have been with. We didn't see each other for a very long time after that. When we started "hooking up" again he wasn't worried about using protection which to me meant that he also knew he was +. Of course I knew because where else could I have gotten it? Anyways...we have never discussed it beyond me telling him. He did ask if I would get on the pill and I told him I couldn't because the medicine would basically make it ineffective. I told him I had condoms and he doesn't want to. I know, I know, completely irresponsible and stupid. I don't even know why. I think part of me thinks, "The worst has happened. What the hell else could" I sent him another email saying I had the results and he knew where to find me. I want to talk to him in person so I know he is "hearing" what I have to say.

Just a little bit ago he sent me an email saying that we can't have a baby because we won't be around to raise it and that it would be sick and crazy to do that. I thought about it and I think he is referring to being +. I can't think of what else he could mean. Even though he didn't acknowledge it directly, he did so indirectly. It also tells me he thinks we are going to have a shorter life. What do you think? He obviously doesn't understand it which is ironic because he is a paramedic/firefighter. I again told him we need to talk. That's the update...I think it would be so much easier if there wasn't so much bagage and unresolved emotion. Next time I post I hope it will be after talking to him.

On a lighter note...I rented a movie, Vantage Point, and planning to get comfy and be entertained  :)

Queen-I meant to ask you, how long does it usually take you to braid your hair?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 09:57:33 pm »
Viv - Your ex would drive me bonkers with all the secretive stuff.
I hope you have a nice night.

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 06:06:58 am »
I agree with Winiroo Viv

I know it is not my place to say.............. but if you have not had any other sexual relationships then you could only have got HIV from him and it is very unfair about him not being straight about it, as he is almost treating you as if you are daft!! and that you know so little about HIV and can be fooled by his transparent lies and lack of acknowledgement of his HIV + status.

And you are obviously not stupid at all and it is very disrespectful for him to treat you as if you are :(

I wonder how old you both are, I ask because it is something I may have tolerated in my 20s but since then I never would and certainly not in my 50s. I guess if you are young this will seem very ageist of me to say that, but it is not meant to be.

I just feel that it is a matter of self confidence and worth,  I personally did not have self confidence and worth at all and especialy with men when I was under 30 and got disrespected and used like a dishcloth and often told lies, half truths and generally treated as if I did not realise what was going on  ( I am talking about me here I do not wish to suggest that this is happening to you)

But once I acquired that confidence I was never disrespected again and no longer would I stand such nonsense - if anyone tried I just walked away..and beive men if their is any thing in the relationship they then often beg you to come back and mend their ways with you.

I guess you have not  confronted him as yet? but there seems no point that I can see in not? - i.e made it clear that you know he is HIV + because there is no one else you could have got it from and that you are not standing for such disrespect, that him being Poz and giving HIV to you does not alter anything but you need the respect of being told the truth.

Sorry I guess I am out of line - but I just felt I had to say it. I do nto like to see anyone treated like this by partners

Veritee XX

I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline wishful

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 06:38:16 am »
Good am GFs...sure feels good to be able to get on here this early in the am....Maybe ill stay off the net at work now huh?

Viv: he kinda sounds like my baby daddy...Never really wanting to acknowledge "it" but still knowing "it" exists,,,for ex: my babby daddy would deny having it to everyone else and that i was just crazy and jealous..etc. but when we were on good terms he never said anything and we never used condoms. I remember maybe a handful of times in 5 years now that he has asked me about my medicine..but that would be thw extent of it....Men are so DIFFERENT..lol...more scared than we could imagine or even more scared than us gals...

Offline minismom

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 07:37:50 am »
Viv, my darlin', the guy is an ass and him telling you that you're not going to live long infuriates me.  We were told the same thing about Mini and yet here she is going strong with no "end" in sight.  I encourage you to go over and read the Long Term Survivors forum (just don't post there).  There are folks who have been positive for 25+ years.  There's no reason to believe that you won't live a very long, wonderful life. 

Wish, here's the directions for the detergent: Shave (with a cheese grater) 1 bar of soap (Ivory or Dove).  Add it to 3 cups of boiling water and stir until completely dissolved.  Fill a 5-gallon bucket with hot tap water.  Add 1/2 cup of Borax and 1 cup of laundry soda (Arm and Hammer - come in a big box).  Then, add the grated soap mixture and stir with a yard stick.  Put the mixture in airtight containers.  Let gel overnight.  Use 1/3 to 1/4 cup per wash load.  The ingredience are enough to do this 4 times, equalling 20 gallons of detergent.

Betty, I'm glad the 2 of you had a good time yesterday.  Not sure if your Ihop will do it, but our's let us use the kids' free meal and Hubby's 20% off on the same bill.  At DQ, did you get the new Girl Scout cookie Blizzard?  MMMMMMMMMM!

Our wee #6 came in with her blanket and pacifier (yes, she still has a pacifier at night, and yes, she's 4 1/2).  She climbed up on the couch and fell asleep.  She's never done that before.  She's so cute..and snoring.

Nothing much on the schedule today.  I put in a load before I went to bed so I need to get it hung and the last load in.  It's getting really HOT today and worse tomorrow - 90.  My hiney won't be stepping 1 foot outside in that weather.  I've got to figure out what to do for supper that won't heat the house, too.  I'm going to put chicken in the crockpot with some BBQ sauce for tonight.  At 90-degrees, we're probably have cereal..lol.

The picnic was really nice last night.  The evening was cool and most of the play stuff was in the shade.  Some of the kids brought fishing poles and the guys took turns.  Other kids were rolling down the hill, or playing kickball.  It made me very nestalgic.  We got home about 9, got the kids bathed and in bed.  I fell asleep on the couch by 9:30.  I woke up in bed, but have no idea how I got there..lol.

Everyone have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!  Love each and every one of you.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 07:56:57 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, so as soon as your friend pays you the $300 for the work you've put into the car you've got to give it back to her?    About the asshole, I'm a little surprised the judge gave him the continuance.  But now he knows you all are serious.  I hope he gets what he deserves.

Viv, I would be very upfront with your ex when you two talk.  He really is treating you a bit disrespectful, I agree with Veritee.  Don't let yourself be treated less than you know you're worth.  And him saying you two won't be around, well, that's b.s.  My daughter was 5 when I found out about my HIV; now she's 24 (which makes 19 years so far).  I'm not saying you should go ahead and get pregnant; I'm just saying.  He needs to be honest or I would refrain from seeing him for awhile.

Veritee, nice to hear from you!  How's your new thing coming (I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact wording right now).  I know you talked about it the last time you posted.

Wish, glad you're able to get on the net at home now.

Mum, no, I didn't get the Girl Scout cookie blizzard, but my granddaughter did.  My favorite thing to get there is the Oreo/brownie whatever it's called.  I really wanted to go to this frozen custard place called "Ritter's," as they are so much better than DQ.  But, my granddaughter wanted to go to DQ 'cause it's a bit closer.  It's supposed to hit 90 here today and stay that way for the next couple days.  I won't be going out too much.   I don't remember you mentioning you were having a picnic.  Of course, you very well could have and I just forgot.  I love picnics.

In a few hours, I'll be going out to lunch with my best gay friend.  I'm not sure where we're going.  I'm debating doing laundry, but I'll probably wait until Sunday; it's supposed to be cooler then.  Although where I go they do have air conditioning.  But, I really don't have enough dirty laundry to justify doing it today (this is called rationalization. ;)).   When I took my granddaughter to the library, besides getting the movies for her and myself, I also got a couple books.  One of them was written by one of the members of the Doors.  I started reading it last night and it seems pretty good.  So, I'll probably read and watch the movies I got.  One of the movies is about Bob Dylan, who is one of my favorite folk singers.  I just love his music.  I can't remember what the other one is about.  That just shows how my long-term memory is. 

Well, I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'll be back later, I'm sure.

Offline jshort

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 11:43:49 am »
Good morning ladies,

Well where do I begin.....

Betty- enjoy your lunch with your friend, Im glad you had a nice time with your grand daughter. I love Ihop and reading your post made me hungry.

mum- Its hard to cook in the heat, I usually make sandwiches and chips, something along those lines. Who wants to eat when its that hot anyway. And Ive noticed my kids eat better when I make simple meals. I can go all out and make a huge dinner and nobody eats, I make hot dogs and everyone wants seconds......go figure!!

Viv-- your ex seems to have his own issues with being poz. Dont worry about him, or he will prob drive you insane. ???

As for me, nothing much going on here. I plan to clean the house from top to bottom today. Try is the key word, the baby is being an attention hog and cries everytime I leave his sight. I guess he's a bit spoiled. Im still having money issues but I guess these days almost everyone is. Im looking for a new job and I have an apt with my primary care doctor to see if I can get some meds for depression,. I think I have a touch of post partum. I asked the lady at the ID clinic if I should see her about my fatigue issues or my Primary care doc and her answer was "what I do is comprenhinsive, Ill do blood work and things like that, I dont think it has anything to do with your numbers so see your primary care doc" Im confused.... I guess that means she'll handle nothing but my HIV stats?? This is my first time dealing with an ID specialist so Im not sure how they work. Do I call her when Im ill or just go to my reg doc?? And how sure can she be that my issues arent HIV related? I mean I dont even know if they're HIV related or not....hmmmmm. This is why I hate dealing with doctors :-[

Anyway, I hope all of you ladies are having a great day. Until later GF's

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 01:33:42 pm »
Hey Ladies---

What started off being a good day has totally pissed me off. I should say my landlord pissed me off. I don't owe him any thing but 90 bucks, due to the trip I had to take to Pittsburgh last month. He hadn't even come to collect the rent this month but is going to leave a written up 5 day notice to vacate in my mailbox. I saw him when he came, I thought he was collecting rent from someone else in the building but he left the notice and took off. After speaking to another neighbor, come to find out he hasn't collected anyone's rent here. I think he is doing this because I have been complaining about the bugs and told my ASO who helps with my rent that I wanted to break the lease. I went over to the DJ which is across the street and told them about it, they said he has to come to them to file papers and then if he does that, they will notify me of a hearing. Honestly, by the time he does that, we would be moved out of here anyway. I think he is trying to keep my deposit, the asshole.

Betty, no, she doesn't get the car back until her son graduates, that's the deal. And it is in my name now so if she does want it back before then she will have to pay for it this time. I had to shell out over a hundred bucks for that since it was her father's car and everything was left in his name. And something keeps draining the battery, once again it was almost dead when I got up this morning to go to my orientation. It was dead, I had to walk but thank goodness it was only 5 blocks away from my house.

So, I am may not be on much since I will begin to start packing things during this 5 day notice which I know holds no water. Might as well get started, it's good we're only moving down the block but I will have 60 days to find a place through section 8.

Anyhoo, still don't have my hair finished because of doing other things but I will get it done over the weekend. T.G.I.F everyone.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 02:57:20 pm »
Good Afternoon everyone!

Queen, you always seem to have so much going on! I think you deserve a break and should have some peaceful moments! I wonder why the landlord hasn't collected rent from anyone. That seems a little shady to me.Good luck with the packing. I have moved 3 times and I absolutely hate it!

Betty, Sounds like you had a good time with your granddaughter. Have a good lunch.

Jshort, I know how you feel about the money issue. It is amazing how fast it goes! I HATE spending my $$$$$!

Thank you for all your support! I finally talked to the ex and I am not really sure if it went well or not. He definitely has some preconceived notions about HIV. Even though we talked about it I think he still believes that our life span will be cut shorter. He also made it CLEAR that he did not want to have another baby and he seems to think I do and that I am doing this pretty much on purpose. Well, we got into a HUGE argument about that. I basically told him that he is only thinking about himself and not taking responsibility for his actions and that he is so caught up in is head he can't see beyond himself. I told him the blood test came back negative and I have taken 4 home preg. test, (one today) and those have all been negative but my period is now 4 days late. Anyways...I broke down and asked why he treats me so badly, like I am just a piece of s***. I said I have never done anything to deserve to be treated like this, of course I was  :'( (crying) during all this because I had just had it. I accused him of hating me and just being an all around JERK. He softened and then said he doesn't feel that way and he is sorry if he made me feel that way. At that point what I wanted to tell him was that I most definitely did not want to have a child with him especially with how he was acting. Of course there was more conversation and things ended better. Of course I hate to say it but we still had sex. I can't even explain why except that there is a major attraction between the two of us that has not lessened one bit since the first time 13 yrs. ago. We feel very comfortable together. I am going to have to be the one to end it because I know he won't and I guess I am just not ready to. My therapist and I will have a lot to discuss next week... :)

So that is the update. I am just waiting for my period to appear. I hope all the test are correct...if I don't start next week my doctor wants me to come in.

I hope you have a good day and thanks again for listening to all my drama. Oh and Veritee asked about my age...I am 33 and he will be 39 this year. So we can't even use the "I was young" excuse.

Offline wishful

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 03:22:34 pm »
Viv: u n the ex sound like me n my baby daddy......an emotionally draining experience...i remembered saying some of the things u mentioned to him before...(about him hating u etc.) I say thank goodness no kids are involved cus it would be even harder for u to let go..trust me i know......

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 04:09:28 pm »
He also made it CLEAR that he did not want to have another baby and he seems to think I do and that I am doing this pretty much on purpose.

Boy if that ain't the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If he doesn't want to have babies he needs to wear a condom. I assume he didn't.
I know you like him. But man he sounds manipulative.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 04:27:58 pm »
Win, I totally agree. In fact I straight out told him that he should have worn a condom and in fact I even brought up at the time. He didn't respond when I brought that up today and that is why I told him he needs to take responsibility for his part too. I don't even know if I like him anymore. It just feels so complicated. The more I think about the more I want to tell him just to kiss my ass...LOL! That isn't even anything I would say....we shall see!

Oh...I hope you are feeling better  :)

Offline jshort

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 05:29:16 pm »
viv- all i have to say is count your blessings that your not having another baby with this jerk!! Im sorry your feeling badly. Ive been through this before and it sucks... to put it bluntly. Hang in there! I hope u feel better

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 05:33:04 pm »
Evening ladies,

Jshort, you're right.  Everyone is having money issues these days-except for the rich folk.  About your primary care vs ID doc, it seems clear that the ID doc only wants to see you for HIV.  If you get sick, you probably want to call your primary.  If he/she thinks it's something related to HIV, then I'm sure he/she will refer you to your ID doc.  Good luck sorting it all out.  My primary care doctor is also my ID doc, so I'm fortunate.

Queen, wow.  So you're moving, aye?  That's a lot of work.  I don't know why the landlord would give you such a short notice to vacate.  I don't think he has a leg to stand on either.  Good luck.  Oh, and good luck with the car, figuring out why the battery keeps getting drained.

Viv, I would not put up with that man.  He is manipulative, like Wendy said.  BTW, when you guys had sex this time, was there a condom used?  Just wondering, so you won't be worrying about being pregnant again.

Wendy, I hope you're doing better.

Well, I had a lovely lunch with my best gay friend.  We went to the Famer's Market.  I had a chicken wrap w/ potato salad.  My friend bought some locally grown peaches, sweet cherries, blueberries, black raspberries, and red raspberries.  Then, when he brought me home, he insisted that I take 1/2 of each kind of berry (and peaches).  Of course, I didn't argue.  I love locally grown fruit!  So, it was a nice time.  I also bought some peach spread that I'm going to use in the morning.  That's locally made also.  Oh, and mum, they had locally produced honey, but I didn't buy any.  I just know where to go to get my next honey fix.  

Other than that, nothing going on.   I took a nap this afternoon and feel like I could take another one.  I hope everyone has a good evening.  

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 07:31:21 pm »
I'm much better. Not completely better but I'm up and around and working like I am. Aside from my monthly gift I feel decent.

Monthly gift ack!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 09:15:52 pm »
Hello ladies. Hope everyone is having a good night.                              Betty, glad you had fun with your Granddaughter and fun with you best friend. I love fresh fruit,especially peaches.                                        Vivyt, sorry about how things are going. Really you deserve to be treated better than that.      Really not much to say tonight. Will check in again soon. Cristy

Offline jshort

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 10:03:45 pm »
Betty- It seems like its going to be a pain in the neck to sort out all this doctor stuff :-[ Im going to have to switch primary care doctors because alot of my friends who dont know im poz work for his office and im not ready to disclose to certain people yet, so for privacy i need to switch. Im glad you had a nice time out today, i love the farmers market!!! I havent been yet but i usually go all the time during the summer. And if you dont mind me asking Betty, how long have you been poz? you seem to have alot of info which I must say Im very thankful for your knowledge since Im just begining on this journey.

Queen- I feel for you right now. Landlords can be as*holes! I had a landlord who simply refused to fix anything, i was on HUD and since he refused to bring the house up to code I was forced to move. I think he wanted to rent the place for more money but couldnt legally evict me since I did nothing wrong. I wish you all the luck in the world with all you have going on these days.

As for me nothing much going on. My Boyfriend is driving me nuts today. Nothing big just typical dumb man stuff. He went out (thank God) so im enjoying my alone time. I went to the primary care doc today who gave me meds for depression. I think I really needed them. He feels my fatigue may be because of my depression. Hopefully things get better....only time will tell.

To the rest of the ladies I hope your having a great night. until later

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 10:39:14 pm »
Just a brief note......

Jshort, I've been diagnosed for 19 years.  I tested positive in a treatment center (for drug dependence).  Just hang in there.  Everything will turn out fine-you'll see.  Just keep believing and keep in touch with us.  I'm so glad you're posting regularly here, keep it up. :-*

Offline minismom

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 07:28:38 am »
Good Saturday morning my beautilicious honies!  I've got to post fast - I see Betty is here and I want to beat her to the morning post..lol :P

Viv, I'm glad you are feeling comfortable enough to open up to us.  It sounds like a complicated situation.  Stay strong.

Betty, I LOVE farmer's markets.  We have apple trees in our yard, but they aren't very good to eat.  My parents have cherries and peaches.  I love to eat them straight from the tree.  I'm glad you had a good time.  It sounds very peaceful and relaxing.  I wish I had some girlfriends to just hang out with every now and again.  I have one really close friend, but she has 15 kids..lol..we don't get to go out for lunch often. 

Until October 2007, Hubby and I were landlords.  We had a rental property (owned it, moved, couldn't sell it).  We were the other end of the spectrum - too nice.  We got screwed constantly trying to help people out.  Last October, we bit the bullet, took out another loan, and "sold" it to the current tenant for what they'd paid in rent.  The loan was to pay off what we still owed.  For the 2 years that the last tenants - now owners - were in it, they were on HUD which didn't even pay enough to cover the mortgage, so Hubby and I were still paying about $300/mth so this lady and her son would have a place to live.  Then, she lied to HUD, lied to us, and being the softies we are, we took a cut in HUD, paid more out of pocket, and let them stay.  So, bottom line, we're still paying for a place that we don't even own.  What can I say, we're suckers for hard-luck stories. 

This afternoon we're heading to my parents' house for a swim.  I'm going to bring stuff for tacos.  I'll make the meat here this morning.  That way we'll only have to heat it up in the mircrowave and not heat up the house when it's 90 DEGREES outside.  My parents don't have a/c either - not even window units.  Most of their house is in the shade, and it has 30-ft cielings, so it stays cooler than our house and really isn't hot.  Dipping in the pool will feel good, too.  Our youngest daughter won't go anywhere near the water.  Sometimes we can get her to sit on the side and kick her feet, but that's all.  Our oldest, at 11, is just now comfortable enough to put his face in the water, but won't try to swim.  Mini, and our other 2 boys are FISH.  Mini and #5 aren't very good swimmers, so they still wear their vests, but our #2 LOVES to roll around under the water.  All 3 will dive and flip off of the diving board. 

I'm watching a very delightful old Ronald Regan Western.  Not sure what it's called, but it's quite enjoyable.  I love old westerns - they don't make movies like that anymore.

Everyone have a great, and safe, weekend.  Love to you all!

Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2008, 08:40:59 am »
Hi GFs~

I haven't posted since the 4th!  On Sunday 7/6, I was at my parents' house to spend one more day with my nieces.  The 6yo took my mother's nylon round brush and tried to "curl" my hair with it!@#$%$#@!  It was funny at first, trying to get it out of my hair, but about 8 inches of my hair was rolled up and I couldn't even send the ends.  I was spraying detangler on the brush and then using straight conditioner on it, but it didn't help.  Then my mom comes in with a can of Pam cooking spray!  We were howling and she put that in my hair -- no luck.  Then Dad gets mayo and a fork and tries to pick the hair out from the brush -- nothing.  Two hours later I am in the shower and my parents are taking the girls to the next grandparents' home to visit (THANK GOODNESS). 

I got out of the shower and had to cut the F'n brush out of my hair.  It was a big lock of hair, above my left ear, towards the front.  Its only 4 inches long now, and I REALLY lucked out.  I can still wear my hair like before, but I am parting it on the other side to cover up my new ends that try to poke through the longer hair, lmao.

What a fucking riot.  I WAS pissed, but it was a funny experience, too.  Yes, my niece has my name as her middle name, and she is never going to come near me with a hairbrush again.  The older one was confused and didn't know if my Mom and I were laughing or crying when the Pam spray came out, lol.  Whew!  THAT was a stressful afternoon. Iceman wanted me to drive from my parent's back to my house so he could meet me later and help to get the brush out.  There was no way it would come out, so I refused.  Besides the brush was on the driver's side of my head!  ROTFLMAO  What a sight that would've been!

I have a lot more to say, but will post again later today.

Queen, sorry about the car and the 5-day notice.  Keep being the strong woman that you are.  Maybe the landlord has been written up and thats why he's not collecting rent from anyone?  Have you asked your neighbors what's going on in the bldg?

Viv~  Weather and stress can take a toll on our cycles.  When I was 17 I was 10 days late.  TEN.  I was starting college.  I understand your fear, but at least now you know you're not preggers.  Is you guy pos, too?  I think he is, from what I remember reading, he's the one who infected you years ago, right?  I am worried about co-infection.  Insist on condoms, INSIST, no matter what.  You owe it to yourself, GF.

BT~  When do you see Liz again?  I like reading about the two of you.  You always seem to connect.  What happened to Alex?  Did you get your locks changed?

Forgive me, reading a lot today.

Wish~  As far as the BF and his 5yo, seems like you know what to do.  I'm sure the kid is confused bec of the affection with Dad and then the arguing btwn the two of you.  Bite your tongue until the little one isn't around.  Right now the kid has to come first.  I am going through the same thing, and haven't even met Ice's kids.  I put them first bec they are young and vulnerable and going thru a divorce, too.  Its tough to be patient and not emotional, I know.  :)

Mum~  I tell you, if you even get to Morgantown on a weekend, plan ahead and let me know.  Maybe I could meet up with you.  PM your city to me, maybe I can go on a daytrip and meet you for an hour or so if you have the time!  Or we could always send smoke signals over them there hills, lol!

Cristy~  Happy Birthday!  :)  Did I read that you are moving?  Are you going to Jerry's mini gathering?  I have to catch up on that post and see what's going on.  PM me your city, too.  Maybe we could meet down in VA sometime!

Drag~  Have you set a wedding date yet?  Sorry your wrists are bugging you.  I have probs with my right hand, middle finger locks up overnight and I have numbness now in my index finger.  That's from trying to yank my hair from that brush last weekend.  Ugh.  LOL

Win~  Glad you are feeling better and that Billy is there to help you out.  I love the "splat" pic you have up now, lol.

More later!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:44:37 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 10:30:03 am »
Good Morning! I have been coughing up a storm. I mentioned a while  back that I have had wheezing for a few months and now it is a cough w/some yucky tasting stuff...ooops...was that an overshare? LOL! I called my ID doctor yesterday to schedule a blood test since I had to cancel last month and the "exchange" told me they will not be back in the office until Wednesday. Great. Well I have wanted to look for a new doctor so I'm taking this opportunity to do it. Yesterday I looked up the doctors on my insurance and made a couple of phone calls. I am thinking that this time I am going to try a woman. There aren't very many. Anyways...I got a a hold of one and the lady who answered said she was gone for the day but to try again Monday. It was weird when I called because she seemed kind of hesitant when I asked if the dr. was taking new patients. She asked if I was looking for a specialist or a primary care dr. I told her I am looking for an HIV specialist and I already have been seeing a doctor and am thinking about changing. She got very friendly after that. They must get a lot of calls for primary care. I don't get how that could happen unless people just call randomly without looking for what the dr. does. I have Blue Cross insurance and there is a website you can go to and find a dr. in your area. You choose specifically what you are looking for. What is interesting is just a year ago they had the category "Infectious Disease" but now they have a category for "HIV/AIDS Specialist" I thought that was interesting. There must be more of a demand...

Anyways....still no period. I'm afraid I am going to be caught of guard with a gusher when it decides to come back. What a pain!

Betty, Ok I have to share something funny...this WHOLE time I thought your name said BETTYLACY and I just realized it doesn't. LOL! I do that a lot! What does it mean? We have a Farmer's Market but it only happens I think once a month. I want to go next time. I absolutely love fresh fruit. The problem I am having lately is that it is going bad really fast. Maybe it is just too hot in here. I guess I should start putting things in the fridge. I've never put oranges, nectarines, etc. in there but maybe that will help. I have to throw them out before I get to eat them... :(

Cindy, Nice to hear from you. You handled that hairbrush thing well. I would be so mad!  :) When do you think you will be able to meet Iceman's kids? You have been seeing him for quite a while now right?

Mum, have fun today! Someday I think we will all get together. That would be so much fun....at least I think it would be LOL! Who knows what would happen when so many different personalities get together.

Have a good day everyone else!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 11:55:30 am »
Hi Viv~

July 2nd was 8 months for Iceman and I.  His divorce is final this Fall. 

I guess I should post the other event that happened a few weeks ago.

Long story short, his oldest kid saw me in a dept store with Iceman.  Went running to the dressing room (unbeknownst to us) and started crying to her mother and sibling.  I go into the same damn dressing room and hear a woman (mother/ex) on the cell with someone and a child crying.   :o  I hear the mother mention the name of the child who is there crying and my ears stood straight up (so to speak).  That's when I knew it was Ice's ex and the kids in there!  They never knew I was in the same dressing room.  Talk about moving like a cat.......

I grabbed my clothes and high-tailed it out of the dressing room, only to confirm my hunch.  Iceman was on his cell with his ex, ten feet outside of the dressing room.  It REALLY was his ex and two kids who were in the dressing room!!!!!!!!  OMG  I went to the far side of the store for ten minutes trying to "phone a friend" phone ANYONE to calm my nerves.  No cell reception, couldn't even text Iceman.  He ended up speaking to the three of them (ex and two kids) outside of the dressing room.  The kids calmed down and the three left the store.  I slinked around and found Iceman, I was upset, feeling so bad for the child who saw us together.  I didn't see any of them, just heard the phone call and the one child crying.

So, the youngest keeps asking about me, curious if Daddy has a GF.  Turns out their mother had a talk with them and Mom is seeing "friends" too,, so its just another step in the process.  To think I heard his ex's voice 6 feet away behind a dressing room door.  She never saw me, just the one child did.

So, this "event" left me wondering, and so I asked Iceman "When were you planning on me meeting your kids?"  He said after the divorce is final, this Fall.  This was one of the stressful events I had referred to in an earlier post.  It really showed how Iceman respected ALL of us and how the kids need to learn that this divorce is NOT a temporary thing for the kids' parents. 

I feel closer to him than ever.

Can you IMAGINE being me in that dressing room?  I never go into this department store and his ex and kids are not in that city very often.  Talk about planets aligning!   ::)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:01:08 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 01:03:23 pm »
hello ladies,

oh, I missed you guys, I missed writing and responding, but I am trying to ration myself.
I still communicate a lot by email, as well as work on computer, as well as blog occastionally. I just try to limit myself. I have a new physiotherapist now b/c my regular is on a long vacation, and sometimes seeing someone like that makes you realize how far things have gone, b/c my old one is used to seeing me in pain.

I really like her and though i dont expect a cure i hope that i can keep learning new techniques from her to balance out the damage that all the computer time is doing.

Wendy, I was soo glad to see youre feeling better. when you didnt post for a couple days i was really worried. please take things slow.
I dont have such low T cells but am stuck in some kind of rut hovering above and below 300 since 1.5 years, before that i was hovering around 200 and in the first year of treatment around 100. it takes ages to regain them doesnt it? i also had some kind of flu last weekend but i recovered pretty quickly - i see a huge difference btw my recovery time from such things, or even from skin infections, candida and the like from when i was btw 100-200 and now that i am around 300 T cells.

anyway all this to say take good care of yourselves...

Viv, I cannot beleive this guy. it makes me upset, but i am glad to see you opening up and thinking the whole thing out loud here. forgive me if i am confising you with someone else, but i recall that he wasnt single? and isnt he much older than you? i just - it ties my stomach up in a knot. isnt he getting medical care? not that i personally care about that but wondering how far reaching is his denial. i would just like to send some superhero to whisk you away from him, seriously.

And regardless of all that, I join Cindy in saying use a condom, please. A friend of mine was reinfected by her positive fiance, she is now waiting on the newest classes of drugs to arrive her b/c shes just resistant to everything. it does happen. some people on here would say thats BS, not clinically proven, one in a million etc - conifection never concerned me and i never had an opinion on it until i saw what happened to my friend.

Cindy its great to hear from you. what a drama, poor kids, poor YOU. i guess its invetable, but kids do get used to those things. Ice handled it remarkably well i thought. it would be so cool if he would let you spend some alone time with the kids when you first meet them so you wouldnt feel under pressure to "perform". or you guys should do something fun that will take their mind of, like take them to a fair or a zoo or something.

i do this thing with the brush everytime i try to blow dry my hair, i'm hopeless.

the wedding will probabaly be in the 3rd week of Oct though we havent booked it yet but will soon. the big wedding will be on a weekend and i am very nervous about it.

Queen, sorry about the house and i just dont get how it could possibly be legal to evict someone in a few days notice? you could turn someone homeless that way. i dont get it. i suppose if the 3 of you decided to stay until a time in which it suited you to leave somewhere else theres not much he could do.

Mom, you mentioned your friend with the 15 kids, are they bio kids? i once met a family with 25 bio kids, there were hassidic orthodox jews, the woman was told after the 9th that any more births might kill her... this is not normal but usually these people would have 10 kids or so i guess. i cant even make one...

Betty I concur with Cindy its nice to hear about you and Liz. Im glad the Alex saga ended in the best possible way.

Keeping, I agree with you women can be tough to work with, most are ok but id always bump into the conniving ones... however i think we cant even compare the damage women do to what men do in this world... its like comparing a goldfish to a shark in terms of danger. so overall, except for a few special men, i prefer women. if i have to ask a stranger for help or go to someone's house or anything, i would always trust a women over a man.

Snow, hows the scraping going? i figured out it wasnt a popcorn "explosion residue" you were scraping but this type of paint, duh.

Wish Im so glad things are going better, hang in there. Hope you can continue to get the good things from the relationship.

Greetings to JShort, Netta, Cristy (when's the next date?), Veritee, Mahalia, Latifah, Tendai (this week i read the first encouraging news about Zim in a long time, it said the foriegn minister from zano sauid the opposition will also be part of the government, i sure hope this will happen, havent seen any followup on it) & anyone I skipped and who is still reading but not posted for a while. Hope you all have a great weekend
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:11:41 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 06:04:31 pm »
Hi All I am new here just been reading yo dating thread, i feel ilke i can identify with some of u one way or another.
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 08:46:01 pm »
Hi Tatenda welcome to the ladies area. Feel free to jump in. I look forward to getting to know you.

Good grief Mum. Don't let no one else walk all over you. OK?  You have enough on your plate without taking on stray needy people who don't give you the appreciation you deserve.

Thank you Cindy. Sorry about the hair-tastrophy. I've been there with the hairbrush attached to my head. Fortunately I managed to get it off without cutting. My hair didnt look too healthy afterward and much of it was left in the brush but I got the sucker off.
When ever I let Billy wash my hair he always washes it the wrong way. Scrubbing at the roots so I have to spend extra time with conditioner trying to unknot it LOL  He will learn one of these days.
I'd be so freaked if I where in the other dressing room. But I might have stayed in the dressing room and listened. I'm sneaky that way.

Thank you Drag. I'm going when I can go and stopping when I feel I need to stop. I stayed up too late last night 'fooling around' So my ass was dragging today. I took a nap and laid around in bed while Billy and our friend Billy painted my living room. LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 10:19:24 pm »
Late evening ladies,

Mum, I hope you had a nice time at your parents'.  My daughter always loved swimming when she was a kid.  There's a neighborhood pool where we lived, that I believe is still open.  I always used to take her to that, almost every day.  Those were back in the day when I would wear a bathing suit though. ;)   I love fresh fruit also, especially locally grown fruit.  I've already devoured the sweet cherries.   Oh, I didn't post this morning, since when I came on, I was the last one who had posted here (from last night).

Cin, I used to tangle up my hair back in the Aqua Net days when I was stripping, probably trying to get it (my hair) into a style it wasn't supposed to go into.   I would've felt very ackward being in the same dressing room as my bf's ex and the kids.  You handled it very well.  Whew.

Viv, please take care of yourself.  There's nasty stuff going around right now, and if it's not taken care of (especially stuff in the chest) it can turn into something awful.  Bettylacy, eh?  That's funny. 

Drag, so good to hear from you.  I'm glad you got over the flu.  I've never been to a physiotherapist, and I'm really not quite sure what exactly they do, but good luck.  I hope she can help you.

Wendy, so glad you're doing a bit better.  I hope you continue to improve.  Get some sleep!

As far as Liz goes........she's having an issue right now with a couple prescription medications that she really has no business being on.  I'm not trying to play "doctor," but she's making excuses to take them instead of there being a real medical reason (one of them being Xanax).  I used to be strung out on benzo's, and she's headed in that direction very fast.  So, I'm trying not to get caught up in that drama right now.  Of course, I'm still there for her if she needs help.

I went to my bff's son's graduation today.  He got his high school diploma.  He's worked extremely hard to get it, and I'm just so proud of him.  He has several issues (Tourette's, severely bipolar, a few other things), so this is quite an accomplishment.  It was a very nice ceremony.  Afterwards we had a few refreshments, then all went to dinner at a place called "The London Grill."  It was really good. 

Other than that, I'm going to check out a few threads and crash.  I'm tired and tomorrow I'm going to do laundry and a little shopping.  I hope you ladies have a good night.

Offline jshort

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 11:06:29 pm »
Ok Ive just read a heck of alot!! Seems alot happens here during the day, so where do I begin??

Betty-- Thank you for your encouragement, it means alot to me and its comforting to have ladies like you around who are so informative and supportive.

Moon- I lmao while reading the hair story!! :D Poor you! Thank goodness you can wear your hair the same and its not noticable. You got lucky! And I wouldve been horrified if I were in that dressing room. My heart sunck while I read that, But Im glad the ex took it well at least she's not some nut who went looking for you, Ive run across a few of those before. Glad everything is working out for you!

Viv-- feel better, take care of yourself and good luck finding a new doc.

Mum- I dont know how you manage to do all the things you do with 6 children. Your amazing, have a great time at your mothers house!

As for me, today I took the family out to eat. Nothing special just to a buffet. I like the buffets because my children are picky eaters and for a good price their gauranteed to find something they like and even go back for seconds and desert. Besides that my new depression meds which I started this morning are making me a bit drowsy but the doc said that would happen until my body adjusts, its not too bad just annoying. Ive begun to get canker sores all over the inside of my mouth. This has been happening often since feb, i cant help but to think its HIV related since Ive never had them before. I guess I'll tell the doc about it friday when I go to my 1st ID apt. besides that nothing much to report...have a great night GF's......until tomorrow ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 07:21:13 am »
Good morning!  I've been up for about an hour puttering around and being lazy.  Everyone else is still sleeping after swimming for a few hours yesterday.  It's just after 7am, so i turned on the TV to watch the news and see the weather - OMGosh!  I forgot today is Sunday..lol!  Now I've got to post quickly and get the gang up, fed, and ready for church.  I liked it better when I thought I could be lazy :P

Cindy, that is so hilarious about your hair!  Mainly, because it was your hair and not mine.  Back when #1 was born, I had one-length hair down to my waist.  I used to sit out on the porch in the mornings and brush it.  I was brushing the underside of the back and it got stuck at the nape of my neck!  Not only could I not get it out, I really couldn't see how it was tangled.  I stood up and started wrestling with it.  Some school kids were walking down off the mountain for school.  They took 1 look at me and started laughing at the "crazy white American".  It took forever (and a ton of pain) to get it out.  I feel you, hun...I really feel you. 

We'll be in Morgantown twice this week.  We're going on Tuesday to eat at Ihop and then on the zoo.  I didn't even know they had a zoo in MT..lol.  We'll be back to MT (Ruby) on Thursday.  #6 has an appointment with her eye specialist at 11 then at 1 we'll mozie over to ENT for her hearing aide test and to get her ear molds made for her aide.  Honey, anytime you have a day free, just let me know.  MT is not that far away and I'd gladly make it for you, babe.   :-*

Viv, have you tried buying those green bags for your fruit?  There's a commercial for them on TV, but you can get them at Walmart for cheaper.  They really do work.  I had strawberries in them for 2wks and they were just as fresh and pretty as when I bought them.

BT, I forgot to tell you that I finally got my rejection letter, but I'm pissed.  The reason they gave for my rejection - this is a DIRECT quote - "everyone gets rejected".  WHAT??  It said, basically, that I signed up for the wrong program.  That's CRAZY!  I signed up for 1 program, the one the application told me to sign up for.  I got a letter telling me that it was the wrong one and to sign up for this other program, so I did.  NOW, a month later, I get a rejection letter saying that everyone who signs up for that program gets rejected!  I'm calling tomorrow and asking what exactly it is that I'm supposed to do.  Remember that the doctor said if I bring in a rejection letter, then they will cut the cost for services in half.  But I don't think that bringing in a rejection letter that says "everyone gets rejected" followed by a hand-written note that I signed up for the wrong program will work.  Oh, well, here we go again.

Okeedokie, my sweeties, i've got to wake up the booglets and commence to feeding time.

Love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 08:24:54 am »
Morning ladies,

Jshort, there's a mouthwash called "Nystatin" that might help those canker sores (it's prescription).  I use Nystatin when I get thrush (which, thankfully isn't too often anymore), but I think it can also be used for what you're experiencing.  Of course, I'm no doctor.  If they become too bothersome, you might want to give your regular doctor a call before you see your ID doc. 

Mum, agencies are a real pain in the arse to deal with, aren't they?  I hate having to go back and redo things when the agency told me something wrong.  I think it's their fault and they should fix it.   Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time today.  I wish I lived closer; I'd love to come visit you.  Oh, I've seen the green bags on t.v. that are supposed to keep fresh fruit/veggies better longer.  I didn't know they sold them at Wal-Mart though. What is it they're called?  I'd like to buy some.

It's supposed to be a beautliful day here.  Sunny, 78, and hardly any humidity.  Yesterday was pretty awful-in the 80's and almost 100% humidity.  I really don't have any spectacular plans.  I have to do laundry and a little shopping. 

A couple of you have asked or suggested that I get my locks changed since Alex has moved out.  Well, this is the best way I know how to explain that.  Do you all remember in "Silence of the Lambs" when Jodie Foster and her roommate were talking in their room and the roommate told Jodie Foster to watch out for Anthony Hopkins?  Jodie Foster told her he wouldn't come after her-that it would be disrespectful.  That's the way it is with Alex.  He wouldn't break in here and steal from me.  He is a drifter and often a hustler; but for him to do something like that after I gave him a place to stay would just, well, be wrong to him.  And, I really don't think he would want to go back to prison.  I had left my purse with my wallet (with a debit card in it) out, my check book out and he never touched anything.  When he moved he didn't take anything of mine.  So I'm not worried about it.

Alright ladies, I'm going to check out a few more threads, eat breakfast, take a shower and get to the laundermat.  I hope you ladies have a good morning. I'll be back later.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2008, 09:59:19 am »
Good Morning  ;D

Mum, I have seen those bags on TV but I thought "Yeah, right!" You know how some of that stuff is on TV, but I trust you. You are someone who isn't frivolous and if something works for you it should work for me. I will go to Walmart and look. I had some bananas that were starting to ripen very quickly so I decided I'll make some banana bread. Well, I had some foil loaf pans leftover from something else I had made and used that. When I put the batter in, it seemed kind of full but I thought it would be ok. I was wrong. Of course it overflowed and got all over the bottom of the oven and started burning. I put a pan under but it was just too much of a mess and I could see that it would never bake up right so I had to throw it out. I was so irritated. What a waste!

Betty, ok...I keep thinking about your name. I don't know why. Sometimes I just fixate on things. I think it would be interesting to know the meanings behind the names. Mine is what I call my dog sometimes, her full name is Vivian. Vivyt is short for Vivian the Terror. I didn't put my real name because I was afraid to really identify who I was but I think I am over that. I figure if someone sees me on here they are either infected or know someone who is and therefore would not be judgemental. My real name is Andrea.   :) Such a baby step...LOL

Oh and just to update...still no period

Talk to you all later!

Offline minismom

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2008, 01:43:19 pm »
Betty, I think they are simply called "green bags"..lol..really creative, but easy to remember.  I also forgot to tell you that I gave our middle and youngest sons each a mohawk.  I didn't continue it all the way down the back, though, just on the top of their heads.  They look so cool!  For church, I spiked them up.  I have a picture of them from this morning, but don't know how to put them into the computer.  I took a picture of the girls in dresses that I crocheted for them.  As soon as Hubby puts them into the computer, I'll put them up.  BTW, honey, you are welcomed at my home ANYtime.

Andrea, what a BEAUTIFUL name!  Do you pronounce it AnDRAYa or ANdree-a?  I'm so sorry about your banana bread.  I love fruit breads.  You can take your banana bread recipe and substitute apples or applesauce.  Add some cinnamen and sprinkle the top with brown sugar and VOILA! yummy apple harvest bread.  Sometimes I throw in a handful of quick cooking oats for nutrition or a breakfast bread.  If you make them in muffin tins, you can freeze them with no problem.  Just thaw them on a plate in the open and not in the bag, or they'll draw moisture.

Drag, about our friends with 15: my friend had a daughter from someone she never mentions.  She met her husband when her daughter was 7 and married him when she was 10.  That daughter is now a college graduate and 24 years old. After years of fostering children, 8 years ago they adopted a sibling group of 5. My friend quit her teaching job to stay home and care for them. Then, in April, they adopted a sibling group of 9, the youngest of which they brought home from the hospital when she was born.  They had the group for 17mths before they adopted them.  It was the first newborn that her husband was ever around.  Their kids range in age from 24yrs to 18mths.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Sunday.  It's cooler today, 77, but super muggy with thunderstorms looming.  I'm hoping to finish prepping the boys' room tomorrow so we can get it painted next week at the latest.  I'm painting it a denim blue with a brick red trim.  I'm quilting their curtains from old bluejeans and flannel shirts (all colors).  Their room is on the weather side of the house.  I'm hoping that the thicker material will help keep the heat out in the summer and cold out in the winter.

Much love to you all!
 :-* Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2008, 05:23:08 pm »
Thank you Mum. It is pronounced "Ondreeeeuh" (the multiple eee's mean a long vowel e) Does that make sense? If I was able to I would put the correct symbols rather than try to spell it phonetically...LOL!

Next time I make banana bread I will try that. I used to bake all the time but I kind of cut back. I enjoy it but it can get expensive.

Anyways...I should be cleaning but of course I'd rather be playing on the computer.  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.