Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:27:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: For the Aussies  (Read 10922 times)

Offline littleprince

For the Aussies
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:41:48 pm »
At my last Dr visit I was told that now anti virals can be dispensed two months worth at a time. I was given a new script for 60 days worth of tablets which I figured would make life easier instead of having to go to the chemist every few weeks.

I finally had the script filled the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find that getting 2 months of tablets is still considered one purchase so you only pay the $33.30 per drug. In my case even though I now get 2 bottles of Kaletra and 2 bottles of Truvada I only payed $66.60 total. That $400 a year less in drug costs so can't complain.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: For the Aussies
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:51:51 pm »
Hi prince

I lived in Perth before moving to NZ 5+ years ago and I aways got mine in 3 month batches, and I still do here in NZ, it cost me $9.00 forthe 3 months supply because they have to courier them down from Dunedin.

We don't know how lucky we are.

Hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:21:13 pm »
We are lucky indeed. Though I'm not on meds for hiv, I am for bipolar disorder and my yearly bill here in Australia is $250 as opposed to $16,000 back in the USA. I count my blessings every day, especially being here in the 'lucky country'  :D

Paul

Offline pozoz

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:24:58 pm »
My last batch was 4 months supply, didn't cost me a cent. (directly that is , but we pay high income tax..no complaints though...)

The prices on each 30 day supply  : Truvada-      $3,060.40
                                                  Reyataz-      $2,087.66
                                                  Norvir Tabs-    $161.20

We are lucky indeed.... ;D
Seroconverted Aug 2008
Tested Pos      May 2009
Verimune XR / Descovy
 576  34%. U/D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:22:32 am »
There are too many Australians on this forum. I have to live with you people in real life, so it's a bit fucking rough that I have to tolerate so many Schapelles on the fucking internets as well.

That said, I can only get one month's supply of meds at a time and I still have to get them from a hospital pharmacy. My scripts are issued in three month lots though.

MtD

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:35:59 am »
My prescription copays are $3,600 a year.

The rest, about $18,000, is paid by insurance.

You all are truly very lucky.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:29 am »
Living in Germany, my co-pays for meds are 160 euros per year (= 224 USD). The rest is covered by statutory health insurance which is currently at 14,9 % of gross income. In addition, there's a co-pay of 40 euros (= 56 dollars) per year for entering the doctor's office. I get my prescriptions für a tree-month's supply as well.

"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:06:47 am »
There are too many Australians on this forum. I have to live with you people in real life, so it's a bit fucking rough that I have to tolerate so many Schapelles on the fucking internets as well.

That said, I can only get one month's supply of meds at a time and I still have to get them from a hospital pharmacy. My scripts are issued in three month lots though.

MtD

Life wasn't meant to be easy Matty dearest...and we only exist here in order to stalk and annoy you

It's the same here as far as Meds are concerned we can only get them from the hospital Pharmacy.

Hugs
Jan :-*

Offline fearless

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 08:30:31 pm »
At my last Dr visit I was told that now anti virals can be dispensed two months worth at a time. I was given a new script for 60 days worth of tablets which I figured would make life easier instead of having to go to the chemist every few weeks.

I finally had the script filled the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find that getting 2 months of tablets is still considered one purchase so you only pay the $33.30 per drug. In my case even though I now get 2 bottles of Kaletra and 2 bottles of Truvada I only payed $66.60 total. That $400 a year less in drug costs so can't complain.

Where exactly are you littleprince?
In Sydney, you cannot fill your script at a chemist - you have to go to a hospital pharmacy or Albion St. My doctors script always has a 30 supply and two repeats, and I can fill them all at once if I wish (i.e. 3 months supply), however, it is charged as filling 3 scripts. As I take 3 drugs, it costs me $99.90 per month or nearly $300 for the 3 month supply.

Are you saying that you got one script with a 60 day suppy on it? I'm actually heading up to fill my script in a minute and will ask about the 2 months supply on the one script.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:38:28 pm »
In Sydney, you cannot fill your script at a chemist - you have to go to a hospital pharmacy or Albion St. My doctors script always has a 30 supply and two repeats, and I can fill them all at once if I wish (i.e. 3 months supply), however, it is charged as filling 3 scripts. As I take 3 drugs, it costs me $99.90 per month or nearly $300 for the 3 month supply.

Are you saying that you got one script with a 60 day suppy on it? I'm actually heading up to fill my script in a minute and will ask about the 2 months supply on the one script.

I think it varies from state to state. HIV medications are funded a little differently from other medications.

MtD

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:00 pm »
I just found this Matty, looks like we might be all eligible - I'm gonna ask my doctor.

http://napwa.org.au/pl/2010/09/more-drugs-for-your-script

It will save me $50 a month, or $600 a year. Ripper!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:44:54 pm by fearless »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »
I just found this Matty, looks like we might be all eligible - I'm gonna ask my doctor.

http://napwa.org.au/pl/2010/09/more-drugs-for-your-script

It will save me $50 a month, or $600 a year. Ripper!!!

Good shit. :)

This whole hospital pharmacy malarkey is so 1996. Frankly getting meds from the Boolaboolabongbong District Hospital Dispensary and Anoscope Refurbishing Service was becoming tiresome.

The real reason meds were restricted to hospital pharmacies had to do with the costs associated with the medications and which arm of government funded them. For many years the Feds didn't cover them under the PBS arguing that the states should provide the medications out of dollars set aside under national HIV funding arrangements.

Essentially to get AIDS dollars and then put the costs of medications back on Canberra was viewed as double-dipping.

MtD

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 08:52:35 pm »
Nope, strike that. It seems we might still have to get them from hospitals - but two months at a go would be a welcome change. :)

MtD

Offline fearless

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:07 pm »
the pharmacist at Albion St knew nothing of it today, but I have printed the article from Positive Living and will front Ross about it next visit.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »
the pharmacist at Albion St knew nothing of it today, but I have printed the article from Positive Living and will front Ross about it next visit.

I might give the Frau a ring and ask just what the fuck is going on. :)

MtD

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 12:20:59 am »
Hey Steve and Matty,

Do you guys have to get new scripts every time you go to get refills?

My doc will issue a script with 11 refills, for a total of a full year of meds. Once I drop it off, I just give a call and say, fill 'er up .

Of course, I have to come up with my copay each month, but . . . .

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 12:43:49 am »
Hey Steve and Matty,

My doc will issue a script with 11 refills, for a total of a full year of meds. Once I drop it off, I just give a call and say, fill 'er up .

Of course, I have to come up with my copay each month, but . . . .

HUGS,

Mark

I get three repeats per script or three months supply. After that I have to go back and get new script from the Frau. She usually orders bloods at that time.

MtD

Offline littleprince

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 03:00:21 am »
You need to get a new script from your doctor that actually says the number of tablets for two months. ie my script for Kaletra now says 240 tablets and 2 repeats. Then they will give you that amount.

The chemist can't give you more then is written on the doctors script so if you have a one month one you'll need to get a new one.

We get 6 months at a time on one script. The old way was one month with 5 repeats of the script, now it's 2 months with 2 repeats.

I'm in Brisvegas. When I say chemist I mean a chemist in a hospital. I go to the Wesley chemist. It's handy cus they are open 7 days. They also are able to get some things easily that other chemists struggle with like Azithromycin 600mg.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 05:42:44 am »

Hi Mark

Here in NZ I get one script with a 3 month suppy of meds, I pick up my 3 months supply all at once, but I do have to get a new script every 3 months when I see my Doc for my blood tests.

Hugs

Offline fearless

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 01:34:15 am »
was one script with 2 repeats for me Mark, ie 3 months worth which the hospital I go to lets me fill all at once ie to the docs once every 3 months and to the hospital once every 3 months. Albion St (an off-hospital HIV clinic) though only lets me fill one months worth at a time.

Hey Matty and Little Prince and any other Aussies - apparently they can now give us 2 months worth with 5 repeats ie a whole years worth on the one script. I'll put the hard word on my doc when i visit him next - probably not till December some time.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 01:43:02 am »
was one script with 2 repeats for me Mark, ie 3 months worth which the hospital I go to lets me fill all at once ie to the docs once every 3 months and to the hospital once every 3 months. Albion St (an off-hospital HIV clinic) though only lets me fill one months worth at a time.

Hey Matty and Little Prince and any other Aussies - apparently they can now give us 2 months worth with 5 repeats ie a whole years worth on the one script. I'll put the hard word on my doc when i visit him next - probably not till December some time.

I saw the Frau last week and she gave me the traditional three month script. Now I think about it, she looked like she was holding something back.

The rotten wench.

I shall have words with her.

MtD

Offline pozoz

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 08:23:51 am »
Definetely must be different for each state....

4 months, all at once...no copay at all...hospital pharmacy...out west...

I'm surprised....
Seroconverted Aug 2008
Tested Pos      May 2009
Verimune XR / Descovy
 576  34%. U/D

Offline fearless

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »
Definetely must be different for each state....

4 months, all at once...no copay at all...hospital pharmacy...out west...

I'm surprised....

I'm envious.

cost of living is over the top in Sydney. you get screwed at every turn

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 01:32:33 am »
in Sydney. you get screwed at every turn

This makes me want to move there.

Offline fearless

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55:36 pm »
I just saw my doc today and was able to get 60 days supply per script with 5 repeats as reported by the OP.
Just saved myself $50 a month. Yippey!!!
They must be keeping it quite though as my doc was not aware of it. I showed him a small article I found, and he said let's try. He punched in the new amount into the computer, and computer said, YES.

Offline fearless

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:25 pm »
damn, bugger, damn....

i just tried to fill my new script and was advised that the cost did not change, that the hospital charge was $34.20 (up from $33.30 last year) per item per month regardless of what my script says.

i've put in a query with medicare to clarify. what was the point of the changes to the writing of scripts if there is no benefit to anyone.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 10:18:24 pm »
I got a double dispense for the Chrissy period from Pharmacist Philomena. But I had to pay two dispensation co-pays.

MtD

Offline fearless

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »
yeah, it seems to be a NSW Health directive that they charge per month's supply rather than per script. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline fearless

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 10:46:29 pm »
But, I'm going to follow it up. Medicare Australia says, with respect to the HSD scheme:

Patient contribution

All eligible patients will incur a contribution fee (general/concessional) for each supply of medicine to complement charges levied on medicines received through the PBS or the RPBS.

Patient contributions will be the same as for the general PBS and have the same charges (for example, concessional, eligibilities and Safety Net provisions).

Public hospitals supplying HSD are required to establish all patient eligibility for concessional benefits.

Offline littleprince

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »
Maybe my pharmacy is making a mistake. But I just picked up another double batch and paid only the one $33.30 for each drug.

60 Truvada = $33.30
240 Kaletra = $33.30

I won't be questioning it any time soon.

Offline fearless

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 11:44:06 pm »
hey littleprince,

I'm thinking it is a state by state thing - i found a NSW Health policy and procedure document which says hospital pharmacies are to charge the PBS co-contribution fee per month's supply of medication.

QLD Health might just be more generous and charge per script.

I'm seeking clarification from Medicare themselves. My first contact there seemed to think I was being screwed but got me to put it in writing so that they could clarify.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 12:06:26 am »
hey littleprince,

I'm thinking it is a state by state thing - i found a NSW Health policy and procedure document which says hospital pharmacies are to charge the PBS co-contribution fee per month's supply of medication.

I'm seeking clarification from Medicare themselves. My first contact there seemed to think I was being screwed but got me to put it in writing so that they could clarify.

Yup,  NSW Health charges the PBS co-contribution fee just like a private pharmacy. It differs from state to state.

Originally this happened because the Feds didn't pick up the cost of HIV drugs. Rather they required the states to foot the bill for these from the funding made available under the National Strategy on HIV/AIDS arguing that to allow the meds to funded under the PBS constituted double-dipping on the part of state governments.

In NSW, the Health Dept simply charged the co-contrib and picked up the rest of the tab. In other states there was/is no co-contrib levied.

But I seem to remember that the Feds changed these rules, allowing HAART scripts to be funded by the PBS so I'm not sure what the fuck is going on.

Time to call PLWHA NSW I think.

MtD

Offline littleprince

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 01:22:47 am »
I tried looking it up but gave up trying to follow all the gobbledygook on the PBS website. It also seems that there is another layer of confusion since antivirals are classed as highly specialised drugs (S100 drugs). These have their own rules within the PBS.

You could always ring another hospital pharmacy and ask them how much you would be charged. Even if you aren't going to go to that pharmacy. They may explain the charges.

Offline pozoz

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 08:23:36 pm »
hey littleprince,

This is confusing....

In the wild wild west, yes the drugs are considered S100 highly specialised and only certain doctors are allowed to write scripts for these drugs...but why the difference in co pays etc from state to state? As I said beofre, I go to the hospital paharmacy, 1 of only 2 here, they have not asked me for any money at all..just handed the drugs over and asked for a signature.  Hmmm
Seroconverted Aug 2008
Tested Pos      May 2009
Verimune XR / Descovy
 576  34%. U/D

Offline buginme2

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 08:27:53 pm »
I would like to move and become a resident of Australia.   The beaches, the sunshine, the hot guys with the sexy accents, the low cost of perscriptions.   Do you have room for one more?  Its a bit dark and dreary in Seattle. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline fearless

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »
I tried looking it up but gave up trying to follow all the gobbledygook on the PBS website. It also seems that there is another layer of confusion since antivirals are classed as highly specialised drugs (S100 drugs). These have their own rules within the PBS.

You could always ring another hospital pharmacy and ask them how much you would be charged. Even if you aren't going to go to that pharmacy. They may explain the charges.

Sydney Hospital, Albion St, and St Vincent's all seem to be following the same practice. The St Vincent's site even states: As per PBS ruling $34.20 per item per month.

I'll await till i get written advice back from PBS/Medicare for a full explanation.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 08:36:58 pm »
I would like to move and become a resident of Australia.   The beaches, the sunshine, the hot guys with the sexy accents, the low cost of perscriptions.   Do you have room for one more?  Its a bit dark and dreary in Seattle. 

You'd be better off trying to get into the UK where we have absolutely NO copays for hiv meds. But, good luck with that.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline buginme2

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 08:46:22 pm »
Ya but he UK's weather is too similar to Seattle (where im at) australia has low copays and awesome beaches and sunshine!!
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline fearless

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 09:03:40 pm »
Ya but he UK's weather is too similar to Seattle (where im at) australia has low copays and awesome beaches and sunshine!!

You might want to check the thread in off-topic. Our weather ain't so crash hot at the moment.

Offline fearless

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 07:08:54 pm »
Just thought I would provide an update for the Aussies out there.

It is a very complicated situation - I've had many phone calls and discussions with people from within the beuarocracy about this one. One of those areas that falls between Commonwealth and State responsibility. PBS reforms are in process where the Commonwealth will take over funding of drugs under the Highly Specialised Drugs (HSD) regime.
I have been advised by the Commonwealth, however, that if my script is for a 60 day supply that I should only be charged one copay per medication for that supply.
I advised the nice chap that the hospital would not do this without some sort of written advice/direction that this is the case. He said he would take the matter up with the NSW rep at the next meeting of the HSD working party meeting.
He also asked me to let him know how I get on next time I try to fill my script to see if there is any change.
As a beaurocrat myself, I understand and appreciate that these things take time so I'm not holding my breath for a resolution to the matter. Until then, I'm stuck paying a co-pay for each 30 day supply of my medication.
Will keep you posted.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 09:11:13 pm »
Hi Steve

Over here I get one script and pick up 3 months worth of Meds for $9, that's when I get it from my ID Doc, if I get the script from my GP it would cost me $25..even that's pretty damned good for 3 months worth of Meds.

Aroha

Offline fearless

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »
I'm paying $102.60 per month at the moment, Jan. If I was being charged correctly it would be half that price ie $51.30 per month.

I'm 'lucky' in that I can afford it, but for a lot of people an additional $51.30 is a large amount and stretches their finances. Hence, I will continue to pursue the matter.

Offline littleprince

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 02:54:34 am »
Fearless, can't you try another pharmacy? I don't know what the NSW rules are but I thought any hospital pharmacy (public or private) can dispense antivirals. in any case, any hospital that has an infectious diseases unit or specialist would be able to.

maybe St Vincents?
  Address      390 Victoria Street 
  Darlinghurst NSW 2010
  Telephone      (02) 8382 1111

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 05:02:10 am »
Fearless, can't you try another pharmacy? I don't know what the NSW rules are but I thought any hospital pharmacy (public or private) can dispense antivirals. in any case, any hospital that has an infectious diseases unit or specialist would be able to.

Hi Prince

As far as I know you can only get HIV Meds from the hospital Pharmacies, and all hospitals in Australia and New Zealand should stock them, or at least be able to get them in, I live in a small rural town but my hospital gets them in from one of the larger General Hospitals in Dunedin.

Aroha

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:32 am »
Out of curiosity from those of you that are getting months of meds in advance.

One understand this being convenient and assuming that general health is stable and that they are working.

What would happen if you need to change your regimen? Do you return them?

I am lucky to have private coverage, but they never process claims within 3 or 4 days of ending your monthly supply.

However no complaints.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:38:28 am by Alain »

Offline metekrop

• Is time running fast for you.
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »
My monthly prescription is $2300 and per year this is equal to $27600 out of which my insurance pays ($2300 less $30 a month) which is $27,240.  I really don't know how could I do if I lose my insurance.  :o Do you know where I am living?  >:(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:12:40 pm by metekrop »
Diag.on 12/8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
12/08 - 2/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - 7/09 CD 179, VL 197k
10/09 CD 300 VL U
3/10 468 U
8/10 460 U
12/10 492 U
3/11 636 U
8/11 530 U
1/12  616 U
7/12 640 U
12/12 669 U
5/13 711 U
11/13 663 U
4/14  797 U
10/14 810 U
4/15 671 U
10/15 694 U
3/16 768 U
8/16 459 U
2/22 780 U
8/31 940 U
2/26 809 U
8/18 882 U
3/28 718 U
8/15 778 U
2/25 920 70
8/11 793 U
2/22 690 U
6/8 834 U

Offline fearless

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 06:31:52 pm »

maybe St Vincents?
  Address      390 Victoria Street 
  Darlinghurst NSW 2010
  Telephone      (02) 8382 1111

Thanks for the idea, littlePrince. Unfortunately, I've tried all the other nearby hospital pharmacies and it is the same approach. It appears to be state wide and a policy of NSW Health, that may be within the law but certainly against the spirit of the agreements between the States and the Commonwealth.

As per my picture though, I am like a dog with a bone and will not let this go until I get a resolution. I'm a bit busy with other things this coming week, but I will be contacting the person at NSW Health that sits of the HSD drugs committee and raising my concerns directly with him. I suspect that it will take some sort of directive from him before the area health services change their stance.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 07:28:47 pm »
You all need to get with the 4=6 months script, or kick ass for it. People mostly ain't dying in four to six months,  I don't see them selling efavirenz down a car boot sale to fund their meth habit and the charges to the public purse are cheaper.

Go kick ass (and enjoy summer).

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »
You all need to get with the 4=6 months script, or kick ass for it. People mostly ain't dying in four to six months,  I don't see them selling efavirenz down a car boot sale to fund their meth habit and the charges to the public purse are cheaper.

- matt

I wish I could do a six month script, my insurance won't pay for more than 1 month at a time.

Offline littleprince

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 01:51:56 am »

- matt

I know! My doctor is already talking about changing me to 6 monthly appointments but the health system still thinks I should only have 2 months worth of meds. But I refuse to complain because a) I can get meds and b) They are affordable.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.