Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:35:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Do you think Pet Shop Boys is gay?

Yes
14 (77.8%)
No
3 (16.7%)
Perhaps
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Ok, just wondering....Is Pet Shop Boys THAT gay?  (Read 14354 times)

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
Ok, just wondering....Is Pet Shop Boys THAT gay?
« on: October 07, 2006, 12:48:55 am »
Hi all:

It's just that tonight I went out to buy a Pet Shop Boys CD, and the guy in the store,looked at me with that look that says "You did not seem gay at all"

Just help me understand.. with a small poll...

Thank you all :D

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Ok, just wondering....Is Pet Shop Boys THAT gay?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 06:50:37 am »
Alex,

Um, the Pet Shop Boys are gay (well, Neil Tennant is openly so, but Chris Lowe, not so much) but it was a bit presumptuous for the guy in the shop to assume that anyone who enjoys their music is gay too. Sounds like the shop guy is a prejudiced jerk with stereotypical ideas of gay men. Just sayin...

Ann
(who likes some PSB songs)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 07:12:41 am »
Alex, it could be a good sign. It could be the wondering look, "Damn he's hot, he's buying the Pet Shop Boy's CD. I wonder if he is?" or it could just be a compliment look.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 07:17:21 am »
Yep, they're gay...you're gay.

To avoid suspicion...next time purchase the greatest hits of Elton John or Abba.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 08:57:15 am »
I'm a big Pet Shop Boys fan and have almost all their CDs. They obviously have a lot of gay fans but I think anyone who enjoys good electronic music would appreciate them. I think most Americans don't "get" the PSB sound because it has more of a European sensibility: lush orchestrations, Latin dance beats, irony and camp. Being American and listening to PSB is almost countercultural.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 09:10:43 am »

Also a big Pet shop boys Fan !!!  ;)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline carousel

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 09:19:17 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:01:36 pm by carousel »

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 09:33:20 am »
It is like going to your unmarried 40 yr old uncle and finding Barbara Striesand or Judy G!  Why don't you email Foley on this and see how (s)he feels!
Did you ask him if he was gay?
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline NYGuy1975

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 10:08:53 am »
I'm also a big fan here.  Anyone going to the concerts this fall?

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 10:32:59 am »
Well, Alex, the next time someone looks at you suspiciously you can say that you are "EMO", 'cause not every "EMO"  is gay and vice-versa!  What an idea go buy a PSB CD! You should diversify you repertoire and get some Christina Aghillera CDs...!   Be warned, though, that  in this case  they might think you are a transsexual or something like that! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTAT_UPm18

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 11:22:49 am »
WTF? Alex your gay? Holy christ... 

Offline Val

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 11:27:46 am »
Bump
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 12:35:24 pm »
LOL, LOL..I have had just so muc fun reading this thread!!!!! :D:D:D

Ann:  It's about the GAYDAR thing...We simply do not know how the hell turn it off (which in ocassions can lead to VERY embarassing situations, and getting false signal of gayness in the most straight guy on earth)...I just found out that one of the PSB is gay, so I guess that makes them more than 50% gay :D

RapidRod: Well, it's always nice to think that everybody else considers you a hottie :)...But in this case, he was just not my type...AT ALL

Dachshund : LOL, LOL...For your information, I ALREADY have ABBA...But I Am seriously considering Mrs Streissand :)

GSOgymrat : Agree. And that is why love them...You know, that beat is sooo European?

J.R.E. : We are two now man!!!!!

carousel : I'll consider you just have a hungover-of-the-hell :D :D :D :D :D....How can you forget some classics like Always on My mind, Go west, Se a vidda e?.....

alisenjafi : LOL...Let's avoid the gayness of family members...Bad dark area there :)...The worst is that the GAYDAR doesn't seem to work on them ...shit

NYGuy1975 : Gotta be kidding!!!! Concert in The Big Apple? SHOOT MORE DETAILS PLEASE!!!!

Val: HELP!!! What is an EMO? (Say it in spanish if you want, are you in Spain as well?)...On the Christinas front...I like her...But I see her only as a bad copy of Britney Spears...Although I have to recognize here last song "Ain't no other man" is REALLY nice

Eric:....Well, let me give your gaydar a few tips....Madonna, Pet Shop Boys, I know hoe to differentiate a Versace from a Gucci, and Love D&G...Also, I love Queer As Folk, I see the Fashion Shows from FTV, and religously follow America's Next Top Model...And cannot resist a nice-not-too-chubby-35 years old-or bigger-hot daddy... :P (Without mentioning cowboys)....Does that make a clearer idea????

Val: LOL

Poz since Jul 19 2006
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »
How much is Gaydar per month?? I have ComCast cable.. I mean if its only like 10 bucks more a month, Ill order it!!!  Thanks!!   D&G??  "Dicks & Giggles"???

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 01:10:48 pm »
For those of you not gay...GAYDAR: Internal gay mechanism , that feels like a 7th sense, which detects any gay guy nearby...However, it is not 100% accurate...auch..This same device is capable of determining what is the probability of a Guy of being gay (and thefefore approachable)

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 01:21:03 pm »
Oh shit Alex...  I walk through the gayest mall in Denver and William counts 100's through out the day and I miss every fucking one of them...  Mine is so BUSTED..   Of course I am just concentrating on not tripping over my shoelaces... ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 01:27:20 pm »
LOL sorry Alex, I misread your first post the first time around - I thought he actually SAID that to you - on closer inspection I see he only looked at you that way.

And yes, could be a case of gaydar. BTW, I've got gaydar too, not sure if it was inborn or if my lesbian older sister instilled it in me. I shared a flat with her during our university days and always went clubbing with her and also joined the campus gay/lesbian organisation with her. Back then it was just GL, not GLBT like today. She used to piss me off when we went out together, every time a good looking woman started chatting me up, my sister would come over and warn them off, saying I was straight. Sheesh. ::) I mean, how was I to ever find out with her around playing overprotective big sis?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Val

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 01:45:00 pm »
Oh my, oh my!  I just can't type it out 'cause I'm cracking up!  Alex, you are something... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  Sorry, I can't stop laughing!  Anyway, I'm sending you the Bible so you can look up for the term E-m-o...tional! ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

Val
___
___
P.S. Nope, I live in France.
P.P.S. Eric, I was disappointed 'cause I thought D.G. stood for Dolce & Gabbana! ;D
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline Val

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 01:53:04 pm »
Alex, I was one of the poster who voted "No" to your poll question.  Don't know what hit me 'cause my favourite song is "Rent" and there is no way you can get more gay than that! :-*

Val
___
___
P.S. When are you coming to Spain?
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 02:04:23 pm »
LOL, LOL...I love this saturday morning..It has been so funny!!! :D

Eric: You need a strong overdose of William gay-ification..For some reason, it seems you have some straight-genes..Kinda strange :D...Also, I agree with Val..For God's sake Eric, what would the International Association of Fags, Queers and Gays, do if they find out your mis-identification of D&G?? Every morning, you just wake up , turn your beautiful face towards New-York city, Milan or Paris, and say...

May God bless Gucci, for those wonderfull classics
Long life to Lagerfield, reincarnation of Channel.
Let the fag-Gianni guide Donattela
And allow Domenico and Stefano, to keep on clacking

On Fendi, Prada and Cavalli
I put my prayers for fashion
And on my humble heart I ask them all
To a fashion victim, never become
Amen.

Ann: Wait, wait, wait!!!!!!...I know of str8 girls who have gaydar..I mean, they can detect when a guy is gay...But is there something like a lesbian-dar?...Further explanation is required by this sexy fag....

Val:  YOU BAD CHERRIE!!!!! :D   Why aren't you compassionate with a fag coleague ???  :D:D.. On Eric, I have taken appropiate measures, to help him correct that "terrible" str8 thinking.... :D...Ok, I am changing my count of poll results to reflect your mental-str8-lapsus... :D

Having fun a saturday morning with YOU my beloved friends...

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 02:36:37 pm »
May God bless Gucci, for those wonderfull classics
Long life to Lagerfield, reincarnation of Channel.
Let the fag-Gianni guide Donattela
And allow Domenico and Stefano, to keep on clacking

On Fendi, Prada and Cavalli
I put my prayers for fashion
And on my humble heart I ask them all
To a fashion victim, never become
Amen.

Alex you type and you type and you type away and all I here is "BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA AND MORE BLA."  Some Nero-Synapse problems me thinks..

I get the Emo thing!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 02:39:28 pm »
Do not you just love doing something absolutely irrelevant ? :)

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 02:40:34 pm »
Alex, I serve absolutely NO PURPOSE... ;D

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 02:45:36 pm »
LOL...

well keep on the gossip...It's 1:45 pm here, and I am still on pijamas...EEEWWWWWWW....

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 02:45:41 pm »
Eric: You need a strong overdose of William gay-ification..For some reason, it seems you have some straight-genes.

For quite awhile now, Eric has been a source of much confusion for us, ... Especially after he told us about his bizarre dreams (nightmares) about female crack whores  :D

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 02:51:29 pm »
I dont remember anything about quack horses??  "Plausable-deniability"....  Plus you can not hold me to a dream..  They are not incriminating evidence either way..  Besides,  I was fielding out Williams dream, it wasnt mine....

I tried my Gaydar just now.. I went up to the lobby of the hotel and asked a guy who was checking in if he was Gay?  He said yes, and invited me up to his room... WTF!  Of course, you know I am married.... ;)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 02:54:14 pm »
I tried my Gaydar just now.. I went up to the lobby of the hotel and asked a guy who was checking in if he was Gay?  He said yes, and invited me up to his room... WTF!  Of course, you know I am married.... ;)

instead of gaydar, i'd call that cutting to the chase!  :D

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 03:02:20 pm »
Ok this is so UNFAIR.... Ive got TWO Alex's with a working Gaydar gang(banging) me and I don't have William behind me to shove me forward!!!  This is like FAGGOT WARS....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 03:18:45 pm »
Ok, you have got me SOOOO in trouble... The guy I supposedly propositioned at the front desk got my ext and asked seriously that I should come up to his room....  I know somewhere in the employee handbook that is says "No employee is allowed to have sex with our guests"...  How do I get out of this Alexees??????

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 03:23:56 pm »
NO WAY!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Where Do I Apply for a job in your hotel? ...Nothing like a personalized room-service :D:D

On the faggot wars, I want a private session with this gentleman...

Alex

[attachment deleted by admin]
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 03:25:07 pm »
But hes British!!! :D  I actually like the red colored swords better... They "feel" much more realistic.   
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 03:27:52 pm by Eric »

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
ok,let me consider what is more importan...He being british....or he, wearing that HOT boots, and with that flexibility...Ok, LONG LIVE TO THE QUEEN!!! :D
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 03:30:23 pm »
I suppose the boots are Gucci or Prada no less purchased from the planet called -  Twatoweenie..? ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 03:34:36 pm by Eric »

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 03:37:16 pm »
I guess you are right..that shows good taste is never out!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 03:49:06 pm »
Aaaanyway...  Back to the Pet Shtuup Boys...  Will has all their ablums...  I use them as coasters..

Offline bear60

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 04:07:27 pm »
Thats funny Eric......I was wondering how you got those big record albums on a little coffe table as coasters.....then it dawned on me that you mean CD'S. lol
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Pete_P

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 05:08:09 pm »
God im gay...... but if you ever see me buying a pet shop boys album please shoot me!!!!!

Offline southernfun

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 05:47:48 pm »
Im gay but I too dont have a PSB cd...I was raised hard core southern and gay or not I like true country music like Loretta lynn Conwat Twitty,The Statlers and so forth but I also like alot of other music..I have friends who have known me for a long time and still arent sure if Im gay or not....lol..I wear boots,jeans,hat and drive a Diesel dually...Not exactly typical gay attire

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 06:42:34 pm »
Now really, if it had been a Cher CD, you probably wouldn't have been surprised, no?
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 08:29:20 pm »
Alex,

Dunno, my sister and her friends all referred to themselves as gay women, never lesbians and they all had gaydar. Guess they wanted to be happy too, eh? :D I've never really put a label on my own sexuality but I've had dalliances with women (when my sister wasn't looking LOL). Does that put me in the WSW category, or is that a compass direction ???

Ann
(I've gotta be me, who else can I be?)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 09:18:35 pm »
Im gay but I too dont have a PSB cd...I was raised hard core southern and gay or not I like true country music like Loretta lynn Conwat Twitty,The Statlers and so forth but I also like alot of other music..I have friends who have known me for a long time and still arent sure if Im gay or not....lol..I wear boots,jeans,hat and drive a Diesel dually...Not exactly typical gay attire

WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU BEEN???????, Can I buy you a drink?? :p

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline southernfun

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 12:31:05 am »
Ive been right here in florida all my life except when Im not in Nashville..I try to go visit Loretta Lynn 3-4 times a year..I have friends who work for her and shes been a close friend for years...Just gotta love the "Coal miners Daughter"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 01:27:50 am »
I really like Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose CD.

Offline southernfun

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 09:56:08 am »
Just saw her last weekend and she still sounds great..She was at the opry last night with a sold out house.. and VLR is a great piece of work

Offline Iggy

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 12:06:19 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:24:34 pm by Iggy »

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 12:07:37 pm »
Any fans of Yma Sumac here?
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline NYGuy1975

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 10:15:41 pm »

You know they did work with Dusty Springfield.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.