Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 149
Total: 151

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: New worry  (Read 39752 times)

Offline simple

Re: Loadsa symptomd negative results.... what's the truth?
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 10:13:53 am »
i accept your view... i will not post again.... sorry once more.... i am sure you all understand how paranoid one becomes in this situation.....

I will say however that I admire you guys and I do believe the messages you have given me and I cannot beleive how patient you have been with me.

Many many thanks and bye

Offline cobiz

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 05:43:22 pm »
Hi guys, Simple for your information the burning of feet or legs is something that could also be related to anxiety disorder as Ann just said. The actual name of this problem starts with letter (p) I think it's called palethesia. Just check on the internet and you will probably find this information. Something else which I would like to very much address to Ann is this issue of hiv symptoms. I think a lot of folks here are concerned very much to understand hiv symptoms especially the initial ones. It's my wish that this forum should try and give some light on this issue instead of absconding from it. I believe there are identical symptoms that people who get infected share and this is what the forum should try and enlight people about.
Many thanks!   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 05:52:08 pm »
Cobiz,

If there were any relevance to symptoms where hiv infection is concerned, we would discuss them. There isn't so we don't. No two people will ever have the exact same seroconversion illness and some people don't experience anything.

Hiv is a systemic infection. Systemic infections produce general symptoms. Every single alleged ARS symptom can also be caused by several, if not hundreds, other pathogens.

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean absolutely nothing where hiv infection is concerned and you will not get any different answer in this forum.

And by the way cobiz, please stay in your own thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

PS - pallesthesia is the perception of vibration.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 05:55:08 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline simple

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 06:12:01 pm »
Paresthesia i think is what cobiz is talking about

Offline cobiz

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 06:29:03 pm »
Simple, that's right. It's really a problem associated with anxiety disorder. I hope this can now make you cool down and relax because it seems like that is what you need.

Regards

Cobiz

Offline simple

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 06:41:51 pm »
i do mate.... i know everyone who knows tells me i had no risk... but every time i turn the corner and think i am ok something else happens.... now my partner has massive fatigue and the shits and feels sick... also i have had this massive pain in my chest that i have been told is anxiety i find today by taking a reflux med it feels a lot easier, of course me in my state of mind thinks this is an hiv ulcer of the oesophogas.... it's probably just a simple enflamed diaphragm!! role on my result then i can tell all these guys they were right and i was a stupid fool

Offline simple

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2006, 08:07:32 am »
Ann

I have managed to realx a bit and am getting good nights sleep now.... as a result my numb and burning is going.... I hope for good.... thanks for your advice.

I still haven't had my results, going to have to wait over the weekend.... I am still very frightened, I know it's irrational and I know I will be the first i history to get it this way etc... but I still have a massive oesophagous pain and have noticed today several red blotches in my mouth.... I know you don't discuss symptoms and I know you are going to tell me again 'no risk' but I am a healthy person that has just had problem after problem in the last 9 weeks. Again I have read that red blotches in the mouth are an HIV sign! This is torture!

Do you have any words of wisdom before I go to my weekend and try and relax?

Simple

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2006, 08:31:15 am »
simple,

My advice to you is go do something you enjoy doing over the weekend - AWAY from your computer. Don't even switch it on. Pull the plug on it. Give one of the connection cables to a friend so you CAN'T turn it on.

This way, you won't be reading all kinds of crap that makes you think you are infected. You aren't.

Hook your computer back up when you get that negative result so you can tell us all about it. Until then, I don't expect to be hearing from you.

And that's for your own good. Not mine. OK?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline simple

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2006, 08:36:01 am »
Thanks Ann.... you are lovely... If I hadn't have found you and the others here I would have gone down.... it's all your positive messages that keep me going.

Have a nice weekend yourself and as soon as i get my result i will let you know

Offline simple

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 08:23:58 am »
Still no DNA result yet!! They told me 10 to 14 days this is day 13.... I'm now paranoid that it is taking a long time because it is positive and they are just making sure.... This is hell!

I have had numbness back in my feet all weekend and lots of strong pins and tingling sensations in my toes and balls of my feet. I don't think it is stress as I have been reasonably calm over the weekend. I am also getting red blotches in my mouth that start as blood blisters.

I'm thinking of paying for a same day ag/ab test tomorrow (10 weeks).... what do you think?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 09:20:52 am »
Simple,

I think that would be a waste of time and money.

YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK OF HIV INFECTION THROUGH GETTING A BLOWJOB.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 09:25:56 am »
I know you guys believe this principle and I try hard too, but I will only truly believe it when I get a negative.

Thanks for being there for me Ann, it is lonely out here when you are paranoid and think you could be in window land!

Offline simple

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:28 pm »
Techy question for you;

Is it possible for HIV to piggy back on another STI and this be a route for infection?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2006, 12:13:44 pm »
Simple,

No, hiv does not "piggyback".

You need to stay in your own thread. You are in NO position to be giving advice or otherwise making comments in any thread but your own. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2006, 12:26:34 pm »
Thanks Ann

Just one last question;

My ARS like symptoms i.e. fever, glands, night sweats etc I experienced at 2 to 5 weeks after... since then I have experienced lots of things that I have read are post ARS symptoms such as chest pain/burning and yellow deposit on tongue (potential Oesophagal thrush) and the burning toes and legs etc (potential PN).... My test was at 7.5 weeks.

Offline simple

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 12:29:29 pm »
Sorry pressed the wrong button before asking the question.

Given the above; If weeks 2 thru 5 were ARS, would antibodies always be present after ARS i.e. in my 7.5 week test? or is it possible that my other issues after week 5 are a form of ARS?

I know I have no risk, but the answers to these questions will help me deal with things.

Thanks
Simple

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 12:37:19 pm »
Simple,

You did not have a risk of hiv infection, therefore you are not experiencing and have not experienced ARS. You have tested negative over a no risk event. You are hiv negative.

If you read the Welcome Thread, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

You have posted 39 times now over a no risk incident. Hiv is not transmitted through getting a blowjob. If you cannot accept that fact, I will give you a four week time-out to encourage you to get the face-to-face help you need. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 12:51:51 pm »
Ok Ann

I don't want to abuse your extremely professional service and I take your point. However I will point out 2 things related to the quote above from your welcome thread;
1. I have not had a conclusive negative... I wish I had it was a 7.5 week test
2. I had a theoretical risk as documented in your lessons section... point very well understood that this is not a documented risk

Sorry if I am a pest, it is a lonely existence thinking you might be in the window period. I have asked these types of questions before and no one has answered them. Anyway I will go away now and hope that I get my result tomorrow and hope to God that it is as you say a NO RISK situation.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2006, 12:56:31 pm »
Simple,

You did not have a risk of infection from getting a blowjob, theoretical or otherwise. Not one single person in the entire 25 plus years of this pandemic has become infected in this way and you will not be the first. You are not in a window period. You didn't need to test and your 7.5 week negative means you are hiv negative, period, end of story.

Keep posting to fret about your blowjob and you will be given a time-out. This is your last warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2006, 01:19:23 pm »
Thanks Ann

Understood and I will let you know the result when I eventually get it.

Can I make a suggestion; As JK has suggested in Cups thread, if oral insertive is no risk why keep your reference to it being a theoretical risk in your lessons?

Thank you all for all of your advise and kind words, you guys have been my rock(especially you Ann), sorry I have been less than a perfect patient!!!

Offline simple

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2006, 07:46:46 am »
I have just had my 8 week DNA test results and I am relieved to say that it was a negative. Please don't all shout at once I TOLD YOU SO!!

I would like to thank ALL of you for your absoutely tremendous support over the last couple of weeks, without you I would without a doubt been hostpitalised through anxiety. As it happens I spent yesterday in hostpital with chest pains and headaches and had all the tests they could throw at me and in the end said I was stressed!!

I can't stress enough to everyone who reads this; stress brings on so many physical symptoms, I have been at the point where I have thought I was having a heart attack. I have had so many symptoms and I now believe they were all to do with stress.

I would also like to appologise to JK and MtD for my other post where I lied about my sexual activity, I did this to try and get answers to specific questions that were worrying me, rather than the answer 'YOU CAN'T GET HIV FROM ORAL INSERTIVE'. I know I did wrong, I hope you understand why I did it.

You guys are absolutely the best, especially Ann who has been soooo patient with me, and I wish you all the best for the future, and keep up the tremendous good work you do for everyone who is afflicted in anyway by this horrible virus.

Take care everyone
Simple

Offline simple

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2006, 04:49:51 am »
I know this is not an HIV question, can Hep C be caught through insertive oral sex?

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2006, 05:00:24 am »
Simple,

No.

Morgan Landers

Offline simple

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2006, 05:02:38 am »
Thanks Morgan

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2006, 05:09:56 am »
Simple,

Hep C is spread primarily through blood to blood contact, ie tatooing and iv drug use.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline simple

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2006, 06:25:48 am »
that's cool... thanks... i know it can be spread sexually, just wondered if oral was possible

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2006, 06:49:38 am »
Simple,

It is very rare for hep C to be spread sexually. It is not really considered a sexually transmitted infection. When it has been transmitted this way, it usually involves anal sex that has caused damage and therefore bleeding.

If you have read the Welcome Thread, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned. You did not have a risk of hiv infection through getting a blowjob. If you have concerns about other sexually transmitted infections, please see your doctor.

If you cannot get over the fact that you had no hiv risk despite being repeatedly told you had no risk, please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional. We can do no more for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2006, 09:19:27 am »
Thanks Ann

Once again I thanks you for your support

Offline simple

New worry
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2008, 07:21:26 am »
I posted about 2 years ago and you were really wonderful in helping me through the lowest part of my life. However about 4 months back I had another exposure and thought nothing of it until now.

2 weeks after the exposure I had a flu illness with very tight and aching muscles (no fever though) I was in bed for 4 days. Since this illness I have had very painful mucsles with shooting pains that move around and they are tender to touch (mainly in my arms and legs). In the last month I have developed a burning in my toes and soles of my feet. Yesterday I read an article about PN in HIV that descirbes these symptoms exactly, which is why I am writing. Would PN occur this early and quite so severley in the asymptomatic stage?

I am thinkg of getting tested again but am very scared!!  I was thinking of using a home test kit, are these ok?

Thx
Simple

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: New worry
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2008, 07:26:39 am »
Simple,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, you probably haven't had an "exposure".

If you HAVE been having unprotected intercourse, then you need to test at three months for a conclusive result. Symptoms - or the lack of symptoms - won't tell you squat about your hiv status. ONLY testing at the appropriate time will

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2008, 07:37:16 am »
Hi Ann I hope things are ok with you.

Sorry for starting a new thread but when I replied on the old thread it suggested I start a new one due to the age of the thread.

My exposure was a deep kissing incident that unfortunaltely invovled my tongue being bitten and damaged. It also invovled sucking of tongues etc. I thought nothing of it, but since I read the PN article it has made me think that a bite could be an exposure.

What do you think about home testing kits?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2008, 08:22:03 am »
First off you didn't have a risk of contracting HIV. There is only one home test collection kit approved in the US and that is Home Access.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2008, 08:51:34 am »
Simple,

Kissing, even when your tongue has been bitten, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

You haven't had a risk and you don't need to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2008, 02:00:59 pm »
Thx Ann.... I thought that bites had previously transmitted HIV, also I read that people have claimed they got HIV thru kissing

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2008, 02:24:15 pm »
People may claim all sorts of ways that HIV has been transmitted. Those claims never hold up under scientific scrutiny.

Unprotected vaginal and anal sex are the real risks sexually. Other means are theoretically possible but in the real world of HIV those claims don't hold up.
Andy Velez

Offline simple

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 07:21:14 am »
Thanks for your feed back Andy and Ann.

From your responses it is clear that you believe that I don't need to test at all. Obviously I want to ensure that I protect my family if there were any chance of transmission and also give myself the opportunity of benfitting from the drugs etc. Is there any small chance that I could be putting my family and partner in danger by not testing?

Offline MarkB

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 12:22:41 pm »
Simple

The fears you have are plain for all to see, and you have been shown great kindness by knowledgeable people on these forums because they know just how heavy a burden fear can be.

I am not an expert on HIV. But it seems to me that you yourself have already put your finger on the reason why you keep coming back here:

it is lonely out here when you are paranoid

Could it be that it is the loneliness and the paranoia for which you really need to seek help and support, and not the risk of HIV? You come here not because you have been truly at risk of HIV but because you are lonely and fearful and long for sympathy and reassurance, and I for one can readily understand that. But accepting yourself, and addressing the real problems you face, takes courage and maturity, which you can find within you. You may also find that learning to deal effectively with reality will make your unfounded fears gradually fade away.

With respect,

Mark
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:34:56 pm by aelwyd »

Offline simple

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 04:09:53 pm »
All I asked was if I was in any remote way was I putting my family at risk!

I just want to be very sure that I shouldn't bother testing

Offline simple

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 10:39:09 am »
Mark

Thank you for your thoughts and I agree the people in this forum more than kind. Two years ago I was desparate as I believed I had contracted HIV and the people here helped me through the lowest period in my life.

My comments about loneliness were made 2 years ago during this period. Since then I have suffered from an anxiety disorder directly attributable to the stress I went through at the time. Today I manage this disorder on a daily basis.

I can confirm that until I restarted this thread a few days back my worries about HIV had gone.

From the replies I have had from Andy and Ann it is clear that my risk concern is unfounded. I was merely asking for confirmation that no testing is required.

KR
SIMPLE

Offline simple

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2008, 11:15:00 am »
I understand that you are telling me I had no risk, however the doc still has not been able to explain my state. I have very painful aching muscles and sharp pains that move around my body muscles (mainly arms and legs) and they are tender to touch, I also have burning in my toes and soles of my feet and numb calf muscles. I have read about PN in HIV and these symtpoms match directly, also that PN can develop in the ARS and the asymptomatic stages. I need to know if these types of symptoms would develop so strongly and so early (4 months) in HIV. This will help me get this incident behind me. Many Thanks again S

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2008, 01:44:48 pm »
You can read all you like have all the symptoms you like but they have nothing to do with HIV. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK OF CONTRACTING HIV.   Work with your doctor for your concerns.

Offline simple

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2008, 08:19:03 am »
Dear All

I find myself in the same situation as I was in 2 years ago, incredibly anxious and not being able to focus on anything else.

You guys are telling me that I had no exposure and should not worry and after numerous consultations and tests with my Doc he cannot find any answers. He referred me to a rheumatologist last week who examined me and suggested that many STI's can manifest my symptoms (incl HIV). I am now very frightened again and went on Monday to the Gum clinic for a full panel of tests. I am now in that horrible waiting game (1 to 2 weeks for results!).

I still have really bad sharp stinging muscle pains and deep muscle aches and burning painful feet and I have now developed a rash on the soles of my feet. I know you don't like doing the symptom thing but do these sound possible at 5 months post exposure in HIV?

KR
Simple

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2008, 08:28:27 am »
Simple,

One last time - unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse (or sharing drug injecting equipment) with someone who is hiv positive, you haven't had a risk.

Neither kissing nor getting blown are risks for hiv infection whether or not the person is hiv positive. You should know this stuff by now.

We have tightened up this forum considerably since you were fretting about a blowjob back in 2006. You simply will NOT be permitted to go on and on about your latest kissing incident. You haven't had a risk for hiv infection.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you.

Keep posting about your kiss and you'll be given a time out. No ands, ifs or buts about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simple

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2008, 08:38:28 am »
Thanks Ann, I wont post any more as I don't want to be banned.

It is very concerning and frustrating however to get such a clear message from you and a different message from the Rheumatologist and also the Gum Docs who say I could have a very small risk. All this does is add fuel to the fire of my already out of control anxiety about this.

I am trying to stay cool and learn from your sound advice of 2006, however it is hard as I am sure you understand.

Thx again
Simple

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2008, 08:50:51 am »
Simple,

I've just discovered your other account - stupiid099

You've been warned in the past about creating new accounts. I might not catch them right away, but catch them I do.

You are now permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.