Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:28:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Repent oh Sinners before next weekend... Teh Rapture is coming  (Read 95221 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
Re: Repent oh Sinners before next weekend... Teh Rapture is coming
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2011, 11:42:48 am »
Years ago there was a squirrel that trolled the local adult bookstore.  Got the nickname due to his toupee.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2011, 11:44:38 am »
Years ago there was a squirrel that trolled the local adult bookstore.  Got the nickname due to his toupee.

So you have actually had squirrel ?  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2011, 12:09:28 pm »
Give me your address and I will send you a fresh frozen one  ;)

Ew. Send a live one - preferably with a companion - or fuhgettaboutit!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline woodshere

« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2011, 12:42:25 pm »
So you have actually had squirrel ?  ;)

Oh no, I uh, umm, got that squirrel info from friends! ;)
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2011, 05:14:37 pm »
Damn, that is some bullshit.  I need to start my own church, interpret that book in whichever way I like, and run away with all of them donations to Brazil. 

Rev, I'll go in with you.  I happen to be a card-carrying pastor of that church Matteh turned me onto.  And believe me, in "Red" Indiana, I'm sure we could find lots of believers!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2011, 05:18:26 pm »
Rev, I'll go in with you.  I happen to be a card-carrying pastor of that church Matteh turned me onto.  And believe me, in "Red" Indiana, I'm sure we could find lots of believers!

Let's do it!  I'm sure that Philicia and Jeff would love to become missionaries for our little enterprise. Matty could be our own dark pope.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2011, 05:20:04 pm »

I will cover south of the mason dixon line ... Woods can help too , he says he is a progressive christian , I think that means he believes that dinosaurs lived but prefers them to mate in the missionary position .  
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline poz1970

« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »
Let's do it!  I'm sure that Philicia and Jeff would love to become missionaries for our little enterprise. Matty could be our own dark pope.

Visions of Emperor Palpatine (from starwars, it is geek pride day today!!)

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2011, 08:07:05 pm »

Not pope (I hate red Prada slipons), how about Grand Primate?

MtD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2011, 08:14:52 pm »

MtD

Nevermind the title, the key thing is that the hoi polloi will worship you.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2011, 07:50:12 am »

MtD

Whatever title you wish, as long as the mula is rolling in.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline woodshere

« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2011, 09:22:25 am »
I will cover south of the mason dixon line ... Woods can help too , he says he is a progressive christian , I think that means he believes that dinosaurs lived but prefers them to mate in the missionary position .  

LOL :D

Why of course they lived.  The followers of Moses had to have some form of transportation to get to the promised land!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:17 am »
Well, you heinous sinners have another chance.

That Champion guy changed the date to Oct. 21.

Some people never learn.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2011, 10:33:00 am »

That Champion guy changed the date to Oct. 21.

Some people never learn.

He forgot to "carry the 1" in his calculations, simple mistake.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2011, 10:56:54 am »
Some people actually believed this crap...

Failed Doomsday Has Real Deadly Consequences

Harold Camping, the 89-year-old leader whose study of the Bible convinced him and his followers that the world would end, has been described by his wife as "flabbergasted" that the apocalypse didn’t start over the weekend. There are some red faces out there. And if that's all it had been, then one could argue no great harm had been done.

But while Camping and his followers try to figure out what went wrong (or right) — with news Monday night that he now says Judgment Day will come on Oct. 21 — the failed prophecy did more than just damage Camping's credibility: It also appears to have caused death and serious injury to true believers.

A California woman named Lyn Benedetto was one of millions who heard Camping's message, and became concerned that her daughters would suffer terribly in the coming apocalypse. She allegedly forced her daughters, 11 and 14, to lie on a bed and then cut their throats with a box cutter. She then tried to kill herself, though police arrested Benedetto and all three survived.

Others were not so lucky. An elderly man in Taiwan reportedly killed himself on May 5 ahead of the Rapture by jumping out of a building. He had heard that doomsday was imminent, and had taken recent earthquakes and tsunamis as early warning signs.

There were other unconfirmed reports of doomsday-related suicides around the world as well.

This is of course not the first time that failed doomsday predictions have led to tragedy. The most famous pre-apocalypse suicides in recent times occurred in 1997 when the Heaven’s Gate Christian UFO group came to believe that the comet Hale-Bopp was a sign that Jesus was returning, and the world would end soon. Prompted in part by scripture, rumors, and late-night radio talk shows, the group's fanaticism led to nearly 40 deaths.

Camping's failure holds an important cautionary lesson, because doomsday predictions are not going away. Many people, especially those in the New Age community, believe that 2012 will bring global cataclysm. It's easy to dismiss and ridicule failed prophets as modern-day harmless Chicken Littles misleading the gullible, but apocalyptic visions can have deadly consequences —even when they are wrong.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2011, 11:13:10 am »
This is of course not the first time that failed doomsday predictions have led to tragedy. The most famous pre-apocalypse suicides in recent times occurred in 1997 when the Heaven’s Gate Christian UFO group came to believe that the comet Hale-Bopp was a sign that Jesus was returning, and the world would end soon. Prompted in part by scripture, rumors, and late-night radio talk shows, the group's fanaticism led to nearly 40 deaths.

don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2011, 01:59:33 pm »
I plan to hold out till Nibiru comes late next year.  

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:01:33 pm by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2011, 09:02:21 am »
Speaking of resurrections:

I got one of these for the first time in several years.  On a gay chat, no less.

Hello Friend,
My name is Mr.Ben Max; I am senior staff with Nat West Bank London UK. I have a business deal of ($14.2million US Dollar) in one of the account here in my department in UK, If you can permit me I will use your information’s as the beneficiary of the fund. And arrange all the legal documents to transfer the Fund to your account as the beneficiary, and both of us will share the Fund, if you are interested please respond back to me through my private e-mail : benmax6@yahoo.com or benmax6 at ya h o o dot com ( Please do not reply through this Dating Site : Reply to me Directly)
I await your reply to enable me send you more details
Best Regards,
Mr.Ben Max.

Hallo Freunde,
Mein Name ist Max Mr.Ben, ich bin leitender Mitarbeiter mit Nat West Bank, Großbritannien. Ich habe ein Geschäft von ($ 14.2million US-Dollar) in einem der Account hier in meiner Abteilung in Großbritannien, Wenn Sie mir gestatten werde ich nutzen Ihre Informationen ist als Begünstigte des Fonds. Und liegt die rechtlichen Dokumente für den Fonds auf Ihr Konto wie der Empfänger zu übertragen, und wir beide werden aus dem Fonds zu teilen, wenn Sie Interesse antworten Sie bitte zurück zu mir durch meine private E-Mail: benmax6@yahoo.com oder benmax6 bei ya hoo dot com (Bitte nicht über diese Dating-Site Antwort: Antwort an mich direkt)
Ich erwarte Ihre Antwort, damit ich Ihnen mehr Details
Mit besten Grüßen,
Mr.Ben Max.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.