Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:23:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 227
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thai "treatment"  (Read 68014 times)

Offline kellybryana

Thai "treatment"
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:20 pm »
listen to this video all the way through.
Disregard the silly weed songs, please. This is ground breaking.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W4_DoLFY3Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline skeebo1969

Re: CURE NEWS
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:05 pm »

My puter ain't got no sound card, so I couldn't hear the best parts...
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »
listen to this video all the way through.
Disregard the silly weed songs, please. This is ground breaking.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W4_DoLFY3Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ground breaking?

I got 8:00 mins or thereabouts in and all I'd heard was some stoner prattling on about THC being a "vitamin for the immune system which can deliver super heatlh" and some stuff about a conspiracy involving the US government to prevent THC from curing AIDS and cancer.

O.o

There's 43 minutes more of that sort of stuff? And it's only Part 1?

MtD

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »
Listen to it all the way through.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »

It is kind of long ... can you give us a tip on what the conclusion is ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 10:38:35 pm »
25+ years of smoking pot hasn't cured my AIDS so I can't imagine what someone talking about marijuana and AIDS for 50 minutes is going to tell me. LOL I skipped through sampling bits and pieces and didn't reallly hear anything earth-shattering. So just what should we hear? Can you give us a time marker of something interesting that we should listen to? Can you give us a synopsis? or your opinion about the speakers and their ideas?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 11:18:13 pm »
25+ years of smoking pot hasn't cured my AIDS so I can't imagine what someone talking about marijuana and AIDS for 50 minutes is going to tell me. LOL I skipped through sampling bits and pieces and didn't reallly hear anything earth-shattering. So just what should we hear? Can you give us a time marker of something interesting that we should listen to? Can you give us a synopsis? or your opinion about the speakers and their ideas?

^^^This.

MtD

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 11:53:52 pm »
Really guys? No one has the patience to sit and listen for 50 minutes? It's a radio show, fast forward through the silly pot commercials. The call in guest on the show is a gentleman named dr Richard DeAndrea. He starts about 6 minutes into it. Listen to both of his segments and fast forward through the silly stuff.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:09:30 am »
Really guys? No one has the patience to sit and listen for 50 minutes? It's a radio show, fast forward through the silly pot commercials. The call in guest on the show is a gentleman named dr Richard DeAndrea. He starts about 6 minutes into it. Listen to both of his segments and fast forward through the silly stuff.

Yeah Kelly, I know what you mean but it's often easier for people to sit through stuff like this if you give a brief precis of why we should listen, as Mikey said.

So Richard DeAndrea is in it. Who is he? Why should we pay attention?

Like I mentioned I heard the first 8 minutes and it sounded like total shite. The prospect of an additional 43 minutes left me wanting to shoot myself in the face.

But then I'm a boy I and I find it hard to sit and focus on one thing for more than a quarter of an hour. :)

MtD

Offline buginme2

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 12:12:40 am »
I find it disingenuous to post a topic as "cure news" in all caps and then expect people to listen to some radio broadcast for fifty minutes.  You realize every one here has an incurable illness right?
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 12:24:41 am »
I was actually in a rush out the door to go to work, and I'm at work right now. I listened to it all the way through, and with 2 minutes to get ready and rush out the door, I was so incensed by what I heard that I felt like I absolutely had to post it up in here. Dr DeAndrea is working in Thailand. He has 2 major segments on this radio show. With modern technology, it's pretty easy to fast forward through pot smoking bullshit. And yes, I have an incurable terminal disease too. I'm HIV+ and this doctor is curing people in Thailand. Is that enough of a teaser to sit through 45 minutes of a radio show? Each of his segments builds on each other. And also...Google dr Richard DeAndrea and look at some of the other things he has done. I feel like I'm wasting my time here...I'm sorry I posted it now.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 12:31:50 am »
I was actually in a rush out the door to go to work, and I'm at work right now. I listened to it all the way through, and with 2 minutes to get ready and rush out the door, I was so incensed by what I heard that I felt like I absolutely had to post it up in here. Dr DeAndrea is working in Thailand. He has 2 major segments on this radio show. With modern technology, it's pretty easy to fast forward through pot smoking bullshit. And yes, I have an incurable terminal disease too. I'm HIV+ and this doctor is curing people in Thailand. Is that enough of a teaser to sit through 45 minutes of a radio show? Each of his segments builds on each other. And also...Google dr Richard DeAndrea and look at some of the other things he has done. I feel like I'm wasting my time here...I'm sorry I posted it now.

Well Kelly I think you're being a bit precious.

Many of us are rangy old AIDS victims and we've heard the cure stuff a million times before. Countless quack cures have sprung forth from Thailand and noting that AIDSmeds is seriously orthodox in it's views on healthcare you shouldn't be surprised that your link is being greeted with some scepticism.

Also I'm agreeing with Bivens -- something which has hitherto NEVER happened. So you can draw from that what you will.

MtD

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 12:43:23 am »
Your loss, my friend.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 12:45:29 am »
Your loss, my friend.

Probably.

But then I've smoked so much yahndi over the years that if your Dr DeAndrea is right I'm gonna live to be 1,000.

And I don't think any of us wants that. :)

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 12:57:05 am »
Really guys? No one has the patience to sit and listen for 50 minutes? It's a radio show, fast forward through the silly pot commercials.
youtube does not have a FF function. A viewer has no alternative but just to guess how far to click to advance to get passed the "silly" stuff. Besides, I for one have learned from members of this forum, and the hijinks of my own friends, that clicking on a link with little or no details can often be a risky venture or a huge waste of my time LOL And that's why I was curious for more information before I spent nearly an hour with this video.

I was so incensed by what I heard that I felt like I absolutely had to post it up in here. ...With modern technology, it's pretty easy to fast forward through pot smoking bullshit. ... this doctor is curing people in Thailand. Is that enough of a teaser to sit through 45 minutes of a radio show?
Did you mean "incensed"? that the information in this video angered you?? I have a feeling that isn't the correct word you wanted to describe your feelings (perhaps "excited", "enthralled" or something along those lines). Or maybe it was a Freudian slip, as you really should be angered by this guy as he's just some fraud once again laying claim to a "cure".

We're about to recognize 30 yrs of the HIV/AIDS epidemic and the word "cure" (like in this thread's title - in all caps no less) has been bandied around for though 3 decades without any real cure having ever been forthcoming yet. So when you ask me to listen to 50 minutes with silly stuff included (not to mention the childish "hippy", "love", "peace" and "pot" graphics which have nothing to do with real science about an HIV cure), my first thought, since you won't provide any further information, is that this video is just another phony "cure" scam.

I googled (since "google is my friend") up this man and see that not only on the front page of his site does he offer "miracle cures" (for cancer, stroke, aids, aging, being overweight) with "buy now" buttons; but this is part of his mission statement: "Healing works when we attune the physical, mental-emotional and energetic forces to create a musical result. The nature of the tuning/healing process is known to the healer, but the affect is to produce a musical result. Green medicine is practiced as an art form to serve the health of the patient and the healer."

I perfer doctors who treat me based on peer-reviewed science not the mystical harmonies of nature, so I'll skip trying to find the good (non-silly) parts of that video, and be incensed that another quack is lying to people dealing with serious physical illnesses that require real medical attention and stealing their money.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 01:05:31 am »
With all due respect, in the time we've been arguing about this, you could have listened to it (since it seems as though you spend a considerable amount of time on the Internet anyways), and heard what I heard. I have no more time for your jaded skepticism.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 01:26:53 am »
Just my luck ... there is a cure for aids on youtube and I am to lazy to go get it . If my viral load goes up again I'm watching that video . Until then I don't want to waste my time and argue with you guys either . I said good day sir .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:59:45 am »
With all due respect, in the time we've been arguing about this, you could have listened to it (since it seems as though you spend a considerable amount of time on the Internet anyways), and heard what I heard. I have no more time for your jaded skepticism.
For the record, I wasn't arguing - Just pointing out the you obviously weren't "incensed" and that posting links with no explanation is just bad internet form.

If you had read properly instead of jumping to the conclusion that I was arguing (and how is asking your opinion of a link you posted arguing anyway?), you would have realized that I said that I did listen to bits and pieces of that talk show. For heaven's sake, the doctor doesn't even come onto the show untill 8:20 into the video, actually begins his chat about HIV and pot until around the 15 min point and doesn't get around to any sort of cure talk until the 30 min mark.

I do not believe that taking certain "amino acids" have resulted in anyone who had tested pos with a viral load turning around and subsequently testing negative for HIV. The doctor also troubled me with his conspiracy views about vaccines, HIV, and other diseases as government plots. Then reviewing his website to see that he believes that people just need pure O2 and that mystical musical healing techniques, well it all smacks of quackery not medical science. He said a lot of stuff (and quite a bit about how HIV works was correct) and yet offers no proof. I find it interesting that instead of presenting his amazing HIV cure information at the New living expo that he spoke about "innovations in alternative medicine". You'd think now that his "cure" for HIV had been in the public for over a month that there would have been some sort of news about it.

I wouldn't call what I have after having AIDS for all these decades "jaded skepticism" but a "realistic outlook". I've been on 18 meds, watching these meds - and the science - improve over the years. Those meds have kept me alive while many of my friends who didn't have access and those that waited too long have sadly passed away. I heard people speak of cures for nearly 25 years now, and yet no one has really been cured yet. The Berlin patient actually had his immune system destroyed and replaced with a new one, so even he wasn't technically "cured".

I do hold out hope though that a cure is just around the corner (it's been a loooong corner too; but someday the science will turn that corner and at least produce a vaccine), but I'll always be skeptical of someone claiming to have cured HIV with no peer reviewed science backing up those claims. I don't need to be cured so badly that I'll just jump at any claim that comes down the pike. That's not jaded skepticism, that's just being intelligent and believing in real science.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline poz1970

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 02:38:09 am »
I heard people speak of cures for nearly 25 years now, and yet no one has really been cured yet. The Berlin patient actually had his immune system destroyed and replaced with a new one, so even he wasn't technically "cured".

This story will just be the second miracle cure for this year, at my counting...

When your infectious diseases doctor tells you 'theres a cure', believe him.. until then, imo.. ignore the news.  There have been 5 or so miracle cures every year for the past thirty years or so?!

J.
I think it upsets my parents more, all these miracle cures.. they get their hopes up for each one
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 02:45:18 am »
This story will just be the second miracle cure for this year, at my counting...

When your infectious diseases doctor tells you 'theres a cure', believe him.. until then, imo.. ignore the news.  There have been 5 or so miracle cures every year for the past thirty years or so?!

J.
I think it upsets my parents more, all these miracle cures.. they get their hopes up for each one

Yet the "vast conspiracy by the US government" line didn't win you over?

Colour me shocked!

MtD

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 05:10:12 am »
See, I was sold by his conviction and passion for helping people. This video is shorter. It has nothing to do with curing aids, but it does give you a better understanding of what this man is about.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2cUHvarS_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 05:36:10 am »
See, I was sold by his conviction and passion for helping people. This video is shorter. It has nothing to do with curing aids, but it does give you a better understanding of what this man is about.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2cUHvarS_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I've had a look around the intert00bz and it's pretty clear that Dr Richard DeAndrea is a fucking quack. I can't really post many of the links I found as they refer back (directly or indirectly) to denialist sites.

Others may be braver in that regard.

In fact you only have to watch Kelly's most recent video to know this. You should ignore the "MD" after DeAndrea's name. It's the "ND" what matters. "Doctor of Naturopathy".

Richard DeAndrea is a dangerous fraud and a practitioner of woo.

Naturopathy is a quack science. It draws from the same pseudo-scientific well as homeopathy, chiropractic, iridology and all the other vitalist shit which separates well meaning but uninformed people from their hard earned at the expense of their health.

On the basis of Kelly's latest link, I feel we can dismiss her OP in the terms outlined by Mikey.

And before you kvetch about this Kelly, remember that no one is stopping you from posting these links or following this "alternative" approach to healthcare. But your choices, once shared, will be commented on adversely by many of us.

So bear that in mind that before you have a fit of pique.

MtD

Offline MarkB

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 05:58:15 am »

I don't normally venture this far out of my comfort zone, but I'm getting the impression that it is quite important to you personally that we abandon what you consider to be "jaded skepticism" and believe what Mr DeAndrea is saying. You say that he "is curing people in Thailand" (by which I assume you mean curing them of HIV). To your knowledge, has any of these "cures" been verified?

Kind regards,

MarkB

Offline MarkB

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 07:12:33 am »
OK, so further to my last post, and to be fair to the OP, I did spend fifty minutes of my life listening to this report. As far as I can tell, it's straight out of Hogwarts. If you're interested, the interview with 'Dr' DeAndrea actually starts at about the 30 minute mark. He talks fast and fluently, and appears engagingly unaware of the morass of contradictions in the 'evidence' he is presenting. Shorn of the adverts for his website and treatment programmes, what we have here is the story of an HIV+ bodybuilding lab technician who found some amino acids culled from marijuana which happened to be lying around in Dr DeAndrea's laboratory, which he then injected into himself (and his boyfriend, who is also HIV+), and found that their VL was reduced by half - eventually to zero - and their T-cell count substantially raised. This somewhat implausible account then segues, not very smoothly, it has to be said, into vague references to some 17 people in America (the number keeps changing) who did the same and are now no longer HIV+ at all.

However, before you race for your cheque books, you need to be aware that this 'treatment' is only available in an unnamed clinic somewhere in Mexico, and in Thailand. The reason is that there are powerful forces out there which are trying to "cull the population" of the world, and reduce it to about 2bn. They want to quash this groundbreaking, lifesaving treatment (I was going to say "nip it in the bud", but the radio programme is called 'Time Spent With Hemp', so I thought that would be inappropriate ...), which is why it is not now being rolled out in every hospital between here and Ulan Bator. But all is not lost. Dr DeAndrea has strong supporters of his own, including no less a luminary than Robert Mugabe - so what's not to like?!

Listening to this programme, you have approximately the same sensation you get after reading a book by Dan Brown: you hate yourself for having done it; and you are vaguely aware of a chunk of your life which you will never get back. In my view, this doesn't belong in the Research News and Studies forum, and it is certainly not 'Cure News'.

Enjoy your Sundays, all.

:)

/... edited for typos
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:17:13 am by MarkB »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 07:29:47 am »

You smoke pot? Every day? Sounds quite expensive, no?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 07:42:22 am »
I want that bud pictured at 19:02...... would buy a new bong for that bad boy! 

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 07:48:48 am »
OK, so further to my last post, and to be fair to the OP, I did spend fifty minutes of my life listening to this report. As far as I can tell, it's straight out of Hogwarts. If you're interested, the interview with 'Dr' DeAndrea actually starts at about the 30 minute mark. He talks fast and fluently, and appears engagingly unaware of the morass of contradictions in the 'evidence' he is presenting. Shorn of the adverts for his website and treatment programmes, what we have here is the story of an HIV+ bodybuilding lab technician who found some amino acids culled from marijuana which happened to be lying around in Dr DeAndrea's laboratory, which he then injected into himself (and his boyfriend, who is also HIV+), and found that their VL was reduced by half - eventually to zero - and their T-cell count substantially raised. This somewhat implausible account then segues, not very smoothly, it has to be said, into vague references to some 17 people in America (the number keeps changing) who did the same and are now no longer HIV+ at all.

However, before you race for your cheque books, you need to be aware that this 'treatment' is only available in an unnamed clinic somewhere in Mexico, and in Thailand. The reason is that there are powerful forces out there which are trying to "cull the population" of the world, and reduce it to about 2bn. They want to quash this groundbreaking, lifesaving treatment (I was going to say "nip it in the bud", but the radio programme is called 'Time Spent With Hemp', so I thought that would be inappropriate ...), which is why it is not now being rolled out in every hospital between here and Ulan Bator. But all is not lost. Dr DeAndrea has strong supporters of his own, including no less a luminary than Robert Mugabe - so what's not to like?!

Listening to this programme, you have approximately the same sensation you get after reading a book by Dan Brown: you hate yourself for having done it; and you are vaguely aware of a chunk of your life which you will never get back. In my view, this doesn't belong in the Research News and Studies forum, and it is certainly not 'Cure News'.

Enjoy your Sundays, all.

:)

/... edited for typos

Robert Mugabe you say?

Now there's a go getter! I'll take two of whatever Dr DeAndrea is peddling.

MtD

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 07:49:31 am »

Did you mean "incensed"? that the information in this video angered you?? I have a feeling that isn't the correct word you wanted to describe your feelings (perhaps "excited", "enthralled" or something along those lines).

You know, you can verbify anything these days.  So, keep working on "incensed"...   ;)

"Healing works when we attune the physical, mental-emotional and energetic forces to create a musical result. The nature of the tuning/healing process is known to the healer, but the affect is to produce a musical result. Green medicine is practiced as an art form to serve the health of the patient and the healer."

Pythagoras lives!  (which would make him roughly 2500 years old give or take the odd century)
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline MarkB

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 07:51:42 am »
Robert Mugabe you say?

Now there's a go getter! I'll take two of whatever Dr DeAndrea is peddling.

MtD

:D

Dr D' also studied with the Dalai Lama's personal physician: less of your cynicism, please, Matteo.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 07:58:16 am »

Dr D' also studied with the Dalai Lama's personal physician: less of your cynicism, please, Matteo.

Well that takes the gloss right off him. Don't care for those Tibetan wallahs at all. Always spinning prayer wheels, burning incense, and moaning about freedom when you need them to be removing hollandaise stains from the lapels your smoking jacket.

Now your Indonesian makes a doughty manservant. Compliant, clean and sober. What's more they work for a handful of rice and a good prayer rug.

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 10:04:33 am »
You smoke pot? Every day? Sounds quite expensive, no?
it was. ;) and just like I quit smoking cigarettes 861 days ago, I have to give up the pot about 800 days ago. Thankfully, the pot helped with the nausea during my sickest years, and thankfully I don't puke as much anymore since I can't afford it any longer (nor do I have any connections since leaving OH). Maybe if SC ever gets medicinal marijuana (ha!) I can smoke again. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 10:08:14 am »
You know, you can verbify anything these days.  So, keep working on "incensed"...   ;)
I have no idea what you mean  ???
in·cense 1 (n-sns)
tr.v. in·censed, in·cens·ing, in·cens·es
To cause to be extremely angry; infuriate.

Middle English encensen, from Old French incenser, from Late Latin incnsre, to sacrifice, burn, from Latin incnsus, past participle of incendere, to set on fire; see kand- in Indo-European roots.
obviously "incensed" was NOT the word Kelly meant to use, as she was not angry about this man's comments but she thinks highly of them.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 10:09:30 am »
See, I was sold by his conviction and passion for helping people.

Well, that's how conmen operate. (conpeople?) They win your trust and clean out your bank account.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. ~quack quack quack~

And yep, it's not about being jaded, it's about being realistic and holding on to your money.

... But then again, if you want to throw some money around, I've got a cure for you and it is only available on the Isle of Man and involves thirteen tailless cats, a half-dozen bogganes and the Moddey Dhoo. Really! :D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MarkB

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 10:12:41 am »
... But then again, if you want to throw some money around, I've got a cure for you and it is only available on the Isle of Man and involves thirteen tailless cats, a half-dozen bogganes and the Moddey Dhoo. Really! :D

You do? I'm on my way, already. Meet me at the airport ...

;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 10:39:49 am »
You do? I'm on my way, already. Meet me at the airport ...

;)

It's a good week to come over as well - there are currently thousands of leather-clad hunks roaming around the island for TT. :)

See you at Ronaldsway!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MarkB

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 10:44:14 am »
No way - really?! Save one for me ...

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 11:16:49 am »
there are currently thousands of leather-clad hunks roaming around the island

Now thats my kind of island. 

Offline MarkB

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 11:25:47 am »
Now thats my kind of island. 

Back off, Hope - there's a queue.

;D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 04:40:57 pm »
it was. ;) and just like I quit smoking cigarettes 861 days ago, I have to give up the pot about 800 days ago. Thankfully, the pot helped with the nausea during my sickest years, and thankfully I don't puke as much anymore since I can't afford it any longer (nor do I have any connections since leaving OH). Maybe if SC ever gets medicinal marijuana (ha!) I can smoke again. LOL

Nope, just thought you were always really short on money, that's all -- I can't never afford to smoke pot on a daily basis regardless of vomit.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 05:52:54 pm »
I can't never afford to smoke pot on a daily basis regardless of vomit.
ah! while you had to purchase a lot of Imodium over the years to deal with side effects of your meds and HIV, I had to spent some of my limited money fighting the side effects too  - like pot to fight off the nausea, tylenol to deal with the "mystery fevers", bandaids for the recurring herpes zoster outbreaks, and benadryl to deal with 10 yrs of itching with Bactrim. Unfortunately, Medicaid and Medicare doesn't pay for any of that.

luckily for me, with the pot anyway, several of my good friends during those years in Ohio were growers and dealers. Because they loved and cared for me, they often fixed me food and keep me supplied in pot - especially during the years I was dealing with wasting. During the years after Randy's death, I probably would have died, been sicker, gone hungry or frozen to death LOL without all the help from my friends and Ohiofamily. Why, not only did they supply things like food and pot, but several years they all chipped in for my plane rides home at christmas. Of course, along with some wonderful members here, my Ohio friends contributed money after Jim passed away so that I could have him cremated and retrieve his ashes.

So yes, money has always been an issue since I went onto disability and became really poor (< $9K a year); however I've been very blessed through the years to have had a lot of help and support from those who love me.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 06:14:03 pm »

A little math and you can always smoke for free without a stash.  All it takes is a proper connect and 3 friends that don't know the price he gives you and you're all set.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »
I enjoyed the fact that it helped me sleep so well when I was able to indulge frequently.  Logistics are such that it really is just not an option for me where I am now even if I could afford it. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 06:39:36 pm »
Kelly, i think you need some more education about HIV treatment and maybe get some coaching about how to understand what is science and what is quackery.

Its not a personal insult, its a suggestion that you think a bit deeper about the idea that there is a cure and nobody can have it, but a select few, in unknown clinics.  All because of some conspiracy.

Really I encourage you to stop being so defensive about the response you have gotten here.  You need to propose real information based on respected science and scientists, or be ready for skepticism from most people.  

There is NO conspiracy to block a cure. Its what every scientist working on aids in every university and at every national institute of health is working for.  If you want to hold up BIG PHARMA as evil, OK, but they can't control everything.  And if one pharma finds a cure you can be sure they will try to make a profit.

So, whats with your belief in conspiracies?

You also need to learn a bit about the horrible result when national health policy, and politics, departs from SCIENCE.  For instance, South Africa's disastrous dalliance with quackery.  

It's your obligation to read up on this and inform yourself if you expect anyone here to engage with you in intelligent conversation about the cure for HIV.

Why do you think you can post a hurried comment based on a rushed listen that pulled on your emotions and hopes, and expect people to give all their hours to this?  And then get curt when people ask you to invest a bit more time yourself in explaining this "cure".

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:23:06 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 09:57:13 pm »
I realize that I've opened myself up for criticism by posting this, but I was truly excited when I listened to it. I appreciate the feedback I've gotten, negative as it may be, but I'm STILL excited about it. I'm not stupid though, and I am not going to jump onto a plane headed to Thailand for treatment without further investigation.

I don't trust western medicine because it is driven by profit hungry pharmaceutical companies. It is more profitable to have a country of sick people, than a country of thriving, healthy people.  I see commercials for drugs to treat fibromialgia, cold remedies, antihistamines, pain medications, the list goes on... I see commercials for anti-depressants, for other pills to take on TOP of your anti depressants (in case your other pills aren't working well enough). And then immediately following, I see commercials for law firms heading class action lawsuits against Accutane for causing Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and rectal bleeding. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FRIENDS I HAD IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO TOOK ACCUTANE BECAUSE IT WAS "SAFE" AND EFFECTIVE???? Even more, I've seen commercials to try and make us believe that high fructose corn syrup is actually good for you!

Our entire system is incredibly f-ed up, but our meat and dairy system is SUPER messed up! They pump hormones into the poor animals, and keep them in close quarters without cleaning the animals feces. When the animals get sick, they pump them with antibiotics, so they can stay alive just long enough to get big enough for optimal weight for meat selling. These antibiotics are in the meat we eat, and it is not good for our system as humans to take antibiotics when we don't need them. A normal meat eater gets a small dose of antibiotics three times a day at every meal.

Did you know, by the way, that cows don't normally produce milk? Before I did some research, I thought that cows just naturally produce milk all the time. I found out though, that cows are just like us, they have to be nursing to produce milk. So they keep these cows pregnant for most of their lives so that they are constantly producing milk. On top of the forced pregnancy (rape) they take the calves away from the mother at birth, and haul the male cows off to veal farms, and the females to become dairy cows. Then the farmers proceed to pump the nursing mother full of hormones so she produces 2 to 3 times the amount of milk so as to maximize profits. Dairy cows only live a maximum of 7 years and live a life of stress, torture, and separation anxiety having all their babies forced away from them at birth. Normal cows raised humanely will live till 15 or 20 years. Enough about animal rights though. How are we humans effected by dairy? Milk and cheese turn into lactic acid in our system as we digest it, and in order to keep some level of homeostasis in our system, our bones release calcium in order to alkalize the environment. Thats right, milk and cheese, while it may contain some amount of calcium, actually leaches it out of our bodies and is responsible for most cases of osteoporosis. Is this groundbreaking to you? I implore you to do your research on our awesome food system. And try to find scientific, peer reviewed, objective sources, will you?

So NO, I don't believe pharmaceutical companies, or ANY large company for that matter have my best interest at heart, and I am therefore open to other forms of treatment. This is not to say that I won't take my medicine in the meantime while I explore other options. Once again, I'm not stupid, and I understand that the virus I have is incredibly powerful and that I need my medicine.

In addition to taking my normal HIV meds, I'm changing my lifestyle to include an organic vegan diet and a rich spiritual life. Hippocrates himself said, "let food be thy medicine, and thy medicine be thy food". This sounds kind of naturopathic to me, but isn't Hippocrates considered the father of western medicine?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:29 pm »

Are the raped cows still good to eat?

Offline buginme2

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 11:03:21 pm »
Everything you say has pieces of truth in it.  But don't let yourself succomb to peddlers pushing false cures to sick people clinging to hope. 

Besides, those pills you take that keep you alive were manufactured by pharmaceutical company whose entire motive was/is profit.  Are u better off trusting that or the snake oil salesman?

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 11:22:10 pm »
Everything I say is based on proven scientific fact actually. And I don't know if the raped cows are good to eat...I wouldn't want to eat them. Call your local dairy farmer. Maybe they'll give you one of their recently deceased so you can butcher her yourself.

Open your eyes. There's no way that big business is going to come out with a real cure for the most profitable virus in human history. There are millions of HIV+ people coming down with illnesses every day that we need to go to the doctor for. They make billions of dollars off HIV yearly. Maybe trillions. We are no different than these poor animals raised for milk and slaughter. They're pumping us with expensive antibiotics to keep us just alive enough to keep working our dead end jobs so we can pay our over-priced health insurance so we can keep taking these expensive antibiotics that keep us just alive enough...you know where I'm going with this. You keep taking your antibiotics, I'll take my chances.

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 11:32:09 pm »
Shouldn't this thread be in Off Topic or somewhere else?

Offline buginme2

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 11:33:27 pm »
Good luck with that.   Oh and they are antivirals not antibiotics.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:14 pm »
Everything I say is based on proven scientific fact actually. And I don't know if the raped cows are good to eat...I wouldn't want to eat them. Call your local dairy farmer. Maybe they'll give you one of their recently deceased so you can butcher her yourself.

Open your eyes. There's no way that big business is going to come out with a real cure for the most profitable virus in human history. There are millions of HIV+ people coming down with illnesses every day that we need to go to the doctor for. They make billions of dollars off HIV yearly. Maybe trillions. We are no different than these poor animals raised for milk and slaughter. They're pumping us with expensive antibiotics to keep us just alive enough to keep working our dead end jobs so we can pay our over-priced health insurance so we can keep taking these expensive antibiotics that keep us just alive enough...you know where I'm going with this. You keep taking your antibiotics, I'll take my chances.

Whoa.  This is sure something.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.