Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:48:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Difficult subject, but something I thought I should talk about.  (Read 28272 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Difficult subject, but something I thought I should talk about.
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:12:11 pm »
Hey, guys. This is a really difficult thread for me for a lot of reasons, so I'm really sorry in advance if any of this isn't completely coherent or doesn't make as much sense as I'd like it to, but I'm trying to word all of this in a way so that the majority of everyone who reads it will understand it as best as they can.

I've been a member of this forum since I was 14. I've always tried to be open about everything that I can so that I can get the most out of the advice that you guys give, not just for my health, but also for the wisdom that a lot of members here have given me in regards to other aspects of my life as I've gotten older and begun to experience new things.

I really appreciate the patience that everyone has shown, and I hope that after this thread my relationship with everyone here will continue to be as good as it always has been, because this forum and the people I've met here mean a lot more to me than I think I am capable of expressing sometimes.

The reason I am explaining this now is because, like I've said, I want to continue to be able to get the most out of this place and also, so that the people that I care about are more capable of a better understanding of certain issues that are going on in my life.

Because there isn't an eloquent or easy to way to word this, I don't really have much of a choice but to be upfront and blunt. Something I've decided not to disclose to you guys in the years that I've been here is the fact that I'm transgendered - female to male, to be more specific. For people that aren't sure what that is, it basically means that I was born biologically female but am actually (mentally, emotionally, etc) male. I wasn't born with ambiguous genitals or anything like that - I'm not intersexed - until I was able to come out and tell my parents (at an actually very young age) I was raised like any other female-assigned person. However, I was always aware since my earliest memories that this wasn't right and around middle school I let my parents know. Drama ensued, but it's mostly water under the bridge at this point, but for the most part I've lived as male the majority of my life and 95 percent of everyone I know has no idea I was born as anything but male. Only my family and my closest friends are aware of anything otherwise.

Around 3 months ago, I started hrt (hormone replacement therapy) and I inject 200 mg of testosterone every 2 weeks. This is pretty standard for trans individuals, and it's all completely monitored by a doctor and after an absurd amount of therapy. I'm much, much happier and relived to have finally started and to have gotten the opportunity to do this at my age, which is pretty difficult for someone under legal age to obtain. The idea behind this is to encourage male secondary sex characteristics in my body - and it's been working pretty goddamn well, if I do say so.

Anyway, understandably, there are many issues in my life that relate either directly or indirectly to my status as a transsexual guy, especially when the topic of my health (both physical and mental) comes up. I've decided, after a LOT of thought, that it would probably be in my best interest for people here to be aware of this, especially when giving me advice that pertains to these two things.

I don't know what else to say, other than that I hope everyone here is aware of the fundamental aspects of this sort of stuff - most notably that this was not something that I chose, anymore than anyone else chooses what gender they are. I also hope that people are aware that I do not identify as a trans person, and that I consider it an unfortunate medical issue and not an identity of mine. I identify as male - completely and unquestionably. My personality is sometimes feminine, but there are many guys, who are biologically male, that are the same way - and I see myself in that same light.

I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and that they'll come up when things like this are discussed, and all I ask is that you're respectful of me. If you have any questions or need clairification about anything I've spoken about, I have no problem answering questions, as long as you remember that I will absolutely not answer anything that I think invades my privacy. The best way to avoid questions like this is to think about what you'd be comfortable with someone else asking YOU about their bodies, personal life, etc. Basically, just be respectful.

That's all.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Difficult subject, but something I thought I should talk about.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 07:13:46 pm »
Matty the Damned has known about this aspect of Jaser's life for quite a while now. There are a number of other key members of this place who've known about Jaser being a transman. Bucko, Aunty Doxie, Little Steve, Goderator Ann, Goderator Jan, Timmy Hunter, Miss Melia all know and affirm and support him during this momentous period of transition in his life.

The Smaller One had enormous difficulty telling me because he feared I would reject him. He was concerned that I would feel he'd lied to me.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The fact that the Baby-Boi is transgendered makes not a whit of difference to the way in which I view him. He will always be my best boy.

As far as I and many others are concerned, Jase is as much a gay male as anyone else.

It is the content of Squeakie's heart and mind, not his trousers, which matters to me and the other people who know and love him.

Nevertheless, transgendered people often face the most awful rejection and discrmination even from people who should know better. Rejection and hatred are the reasons our Little Man must go to school over the Internet. For him to go to a regular school has now become impossible. He is harrassed and isolated when he does, and what is wose, faces the real threat of physical harm.

I don't want to prejudge how some of you might react to this news but bitter experience has shown that such prejudgement is necessary. For those who have a problem with the Kidlet being a trannie (a tiny minority I'm sure) I would strongly advise you to keep your mean and heartless views to yourselves.

Remember that Jase, despite his wisdom and preternatural maturity, is still a 16 year old kid and is entitled to the respect and consideration from adults that all children are entitled to.

That includes sending him intrusive and inappropriate PM's about this stuff or trying to "discuss" the broader issue of trans-sexuality in this thread. If anyone has to have such a discussion, then start a new thread which the kid will have the option of avoiding if he wants.

I mean it. As one of Jaser's fairy poz fathers I have obligations to him and I will carry them out.

That said, I'm certain that this news will be greeted with the fullest support and acceptance of Jaser's positive brothers and sisters. Gender reassignment is a huge thing for anyone to go through and he needs all of us to stand with him at this time.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:23:30 pm »
Further to comments by Matty regarding intrusive PMs sent to Mouse - this practice simply will not be tolerated. Don't bug him (Mouse) with PM questions. (bug Matty all you like ;) ) If you have questions about trangender issues, ask them in the forum, please.

Mouse is under strict orders to report any intrusive or abusive PMs and action WILL be taken.

Mouse, I'm proud of you lad.  :-*

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 07:23:50 pm »
As your Grandpoz I couldn't be prouder. You're tough as nails and an inspiration.

Love,
Aunty D

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:01:55 pm »
Mouse,

I've been reading your posts for a long time now, although I can't say that we really know each other, I want to say that I am very proud of you for being true to yourself.
If we can't be who we really are in a support forum, then I don't know where else we can.  The thing I really like about these forums is the wonderful diversity.  We all have so much to learn from each other.
I can imagine how terribly difficult "coming out" in this thread was for you -- I am so glad that you did it though. 
We are only given one life to live, I think it's important that we live it truthfully.

Hugs,
Mike

Offline fearless

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:08:35 pm »
Love you Mouse.
 :-* :-* :-*
Little Steve
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline allanq

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:10:38 pm »
Jase,

I have always admired you, and I now admire you even more.

When I first started reading your posts, it was hard for me to believe that you were so young. Your wisdom and sensitivity just seemed way beyond that of a 14-, 15-, or 16-year-old. Actually, in terms of wisdom and sensitivity, you are way beyond most adults that I know. You're also one terrific writer.

I'm glad you came out in the forums. I can only imagine how difficult it was to do this.

I wish you all the best, and I hope I will have the pleasure of meeting you at a future AMG.

Allan

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 08:13:01 pm »
Mouse,

I've been reading your posts for a long time now, although I can't say that we really know each other, I want to say that I am very proud of you for being true to yourself.
If we can't be who we really are in a support forum, then I don't know where else we can.  The thing I really like about these forums is the wonderful diversity.  We all have so much to learn from each other.
I can imagine how terribly difficult "coming out" in this thread was for you -- I am so glad that you did it though. 
We are only given one life to live, I think it's important that we live it truthfully.

Hugs,
Mike

Well, the thing of it is, I really have been 'who I really am' in this forum. It isn't a matter of that, as I've never presented myself here in a way that isn't consistant with who I really am. This is really more a matter of clarifying more about my medical situation than it is about telling the truth in any way - as I've always told you guys the truth. Like I said, I do not identify as a trans person and I really feel as though it's nobodies business to know that I'm trans unless I make it their business. You are all just part of the very limited amount of people that aware of this medical condition of mine, just as there are very few people that know I'm HIV+. It's not something ANYONE has the right to know, unless I want them to.

I appreciate the support, however. I just want to make sure all of that stuff is clairified. =)

Offline md

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 08:14:24 pm »
Mouse, all that matters is the person that you are.

From reading your posts it is obvious that is a very good, kind and thoughtful person.

I have great respect for you and the way in which you have decided to disclose something so personal that none of us have a "right" to know it (although you most certainly have the right to share it with us if you choose).

Michael

(who is frequently embarrassed when reading Mouse's posts because their maturity and thoughtfulness remind me of what a complete and utter idiot I was when I was his age ...)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 08:22:00 pm »
Well, the thing of it is, I really have been 'who I really am' in this forum. It isn't a matter of that, as I've never presented myself here in a way that isn't consistant with who I really am. This is really more a matter of clarifying more about my medical situation than it is about telling the truth in any way - as I've always told you guys the truth. Like I said, I do not identify as a trans person and I really feel as though it's nobodies business to know that I'm trans unless I make it their business. You are all just part of the very limited amount of people that aware of this medical condition of mine, just as there are very few people that know I'm HIV+. It's not something ANYONE has the right to know, unless I want them to.

I appreciate the support, however. I just want to make sure all of that stuff is clairified. =)

Mouse,
I really didn't mean to imply that you were ever anything but truthful.  I'm sorry if it came across that way.  I was only trying to show support and to let you know that I was moved by your sharing.  Just keep doing what you are doing, because, clearly, you are an intelligent lad, who has much to share -- both in this forum and the wider world.

Hugs,
Mike

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 08:27:10 pm »
Mouse,
I really didn't mean to imply that you were ever anything but truthful.  I'm sorry if it came across that way.  I was only trying to show support and to let you know that I was moved by your sharing.  Just keep doing what you are doing, because, clearly, you are an intelligent lad, who has much to share -- both in this forum and the wider world.

Hugs,
Mike

I didn't think you really did, I just wanted to make sure that was throughly explained in case anyone would construe it that way.  :)

Offline mjmel

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:17 pm »
Your second-to-last paragraph is right-on. It's how I have perceived you and will continue to perceive you.
Well done.....mouse.
You are of strong character to disclose and that's outstanding.
I hope I get the opportunity to meet you in person someday, an AMG, perhaps.
xxx,
Mike

edited: misspellings
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 08:36:56 pm by mjmel »

Offline northernguy

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 09:37:16 pm »
Thank you for thinking enough of us to share this personal part of you with the forum.  :)
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 09:45:56 pm »
You are brave little one.............far braver than most adults I know.

It is YOU who everyone cares and loves

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 09:49:24 pm »
Honey, I loved you before you told us this, and I love you just the same (maybe even a little more  ;) now ).

You always blow me away with the courage you show in dealing with this thing called LIFE.

I've always felt you were wise beyond your years.   This just confirms that even more.

Love & hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ademas

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 09:52:34 pm »
I just want to say that I admire the hell out of you, Jaser.
Truly.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 09:53:16 pm »
Wow!!!! I always considered you a young lad anyways, so it doesn't matter to me that you are trans gendered. I think I have told you this before but I consider you to have an old soul. I think it takes extreme balls to do what you did. And here I sit worried about someone knowing if I am poz....You are an inspiration, indeed. I could only wish to have half the courage you do....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 10:02:20 pm »
Your courage and honesty is beyond inspiring.

Glad you are here and muchos kudos to you.

You make us all proud!
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 10:04:50 pm »
jaser
thank you for sharing this so personal bit of who you are with us. it must have taken incredible courage and i for one am honoured. i hope that all you are repaid with is even more love and respect than what we already feel for you. i wish the wider world would be as supportive as you deserve it to be, and it is people like you who change it for the better by your openness and maturity in educating others. you are an amazing guy and i wish you all the best xxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 10:17:16 pm »
You are a true hero.  I can't believe how much you have been through and how great your attitude usually is - I would be a mess.   

I am glad you shared with us.  You are a strong young man and you have nothing but support from me.

Pete

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »
You pay us a compliment to share such truth
What delight that it's packaged so tenderly in youth

Offline naftalim

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 11:48:51 pm »
Good on you. Your situation is more common than you may imagine. I presonally know somone who worked for me and at the age of 21, decided that she needed to make the change that has been insider her for her whole life. I cannnot begin to imagine how difficult it was for her all those years being a gender and persona in which she did not feel right.

I had read the book Middlesex just prior to finding out from (him now) so understood it even better. Highly recommended book by the way.

So, kudos to you, and I hope very much that you are at peace with yourself.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 12:09:18 am »
I'm sure that was a bit difficult to share and come out with, and I hope you feel a bit relieved.  I've certainly encountered this topic with friends of friends over the course of the past +15 years so it doesn't phase me at all. 
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Robert

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 01:23:44 am »
Mouse.

I think you'll find support from those of us who care about you.  We're also the same people who care about each other.  WE're all not one big happy family.  We all have our own issues and problems and secrets but there is a lot of respect and acceptance among us and, like family, we take care of our own.

Thanks for sharing.

robert

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 01:49:10 am »
First of all I dont know what kind of butt head would say anything mean to you. As a high school teacher, i wish I had more kids like you actively seeking help and social interaction in a safe environment. I applaud you!
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 01:50:18 am »
Hi Mouse~

I can't even explain how proud I am of you, having the perseverance to go through with what you feel is best for YOU.  And then to share it with all of us, too?   :D  You have so much courage for one who is so young.  I agree with many of the posts here, we can all truly be ourselves here and not fear ridicule or outcast.  I am so glad that you have decided to share this very personal and important aspect of yourself, of your life, with your Forum family.

You're amazing, Mouse.

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 01:57:51 am »
First of all I dont know what kind of butt head would say anything mean to you. As a high school teacher, i wish I had more kids like you actively seeking help and social interaction in a safe environment. I applaud you!

Actually, my experiences with this are one of the contributing factors to why I want to be a teacher. I'd really like to be in a position that a couple of my teachers were in and did their job well - not only were they good, entertaining, intelligent teachers but I was able to go to them for help with the gay and trans stuff. I remember how much I appreciated that while I was stuck in public school and things were awful, and I'd like to be able to help another gay or trans or bi or whatever kid that is going through the same stuff I was/am.

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 04:54:05 am »
I've always been in awe of your posts, Jaser.  For someone so young (in years) you express yourself with such maturity and presence, and this posting is no exception.  It takes a great deal of courage to live sometimes, and even more to live with integrity.  You have it in spades.  Kudos and a big thank you for contributing so much positive light to the fabric of this community/forum.

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 05:21:37 am »
From one of the older members of this forum to possibly the youngest - Mouse I am proud of you and the way you wrote that.
I have several transgender friends (yes I know that is different) and we all get on very well - I am so glad that you have support from your family and friends and your real friends on this forum.
I am sure that when ever you post and whatever you say will be noted and commented on fovourably by others here.

It is good that you can use people like Matty, Ann, the Queen and others to numberable to mention (sorry) as sounding boards for any challengs you may have in life.
I hate to see young people (that is anyone under 55 to me) having problems that they cannot solve in life.

Once again, Mouse, go for life as you would any great challenge

Lots of hugs
Scuddles
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline poz1970

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 05:30:48 am »
hi

I've been in infrequent visitor to here since I was diagnosed, and have loved finding such a friendly informative bunch of people, despite the occassional flame, or bitchy comment, its the happiest little community that I've ever seen. 

From what I've seen, everyone embraces those differences in each other in an incredibly supportive way (this is why I love these forums :-)

J
another australian.
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 05:49:26 am »
Hi,
You are a wonderful and honest individual. I for one am proud to be able to share a small portion of your life. Your courage far surpasses any that I have experienced before in my life. I could never think badly of you. I send you nothing but love and hope to continue to experience parts of your life through your post. You are an inspiration to all of us.
Thank you for being yourself and sharing that self.
Love Peter

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 06:42:54 am »
You're still the same you that you always were Jaser, and nothing can change that.

Thanks for having the courage to follow “your honest heart” as I like to call it.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 06:53:08 am »
Hi there Mouse,

Just a couple weeks ago, there was an article in the most popular Israeli newspaper about a love story between two FTMs. The article was published in a weekly section that features love stories between hetero couples.
I had really wanted to translate it and post it in the Off Topic forum b/c I was really moved by 3 things: one, just how brave they were in being who they were, no apologies, and furthermore in this exposure; two, that they found each other and have a great big love going on; and three, that the majority readers reactions' (talkbacks) were so not at all what I expected. I mean, there is certainly a very dark chavinistic/homophobic/racist mainstream in Israel, and for these women to be exposed and photographed like they were (they were also on TV) is incerdibly brave. It also gives me hope as a poz to see that not all people are as harsh and judgemental as I sometimes fear.
I didn't translate and post this article it in the end, b/c I have wrist pain, but mainly b/c I thought that no one would be interested... evidently, I was wrong.
I just post the link so you can see the pics, and know that even in Israel acceptance is emerging. It's very brave of you to share your truth with us. In fact, that in itself is inspiring...
www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3447631,00.html
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Nadine

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 07:19:09 am »
Jaser,

I can only echo what everyone else has said. I'm am very proud of you for being so honest (as I've always known you to be)  Nothing could ever change what anyone thinks of you here...We love ya!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 07:26:19 am »
Jaser...

There was a time when you and I talked by IM....nights when you couldn't get to sleep
            nights when you would ask me lots of questions.  and I enjoyed our conversations.  I'm
            sorry you felt like you couldn't tell me sweetheart...I hope it was nothing I said or did.
            I've always thought you were a great kid and nothing you've said today here in this thread
            changes that.  I'm not sure why it was necessary to name the people you were able
            to confide in but I'm awfully sorry I wasn't one of them....  Makes me feel like I failed you in
            some way.  I wish you the best kiddo....  Truly I do.........
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:54:30 am by david25luvit »
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 07:41:10 am »
Hi there Mouse,

Just a couple weeks ago, there was an article in the most popular Israeli newspaper about a love story between two FTMs. The article was published in a weekly section that features love stories between hetero couples.
I had really wanted to translate it and post it in the Off Topic forum b/c I was really moved by 3 things: one, just how brave they were in being who they were, no apologies, and furthermore in this exposure; two, that they found each other and have a great big love going on; and three, that the majority readers reactions' (talkbacks) were so not at all what I expected. I mean, there is certainly a very dark chavinistic/homophobic/racist mainstream in Israel, and for these women to be exposed and photographed like they were (they were also on TV) is incerdibly brave. It also gives me hope as a poz to see that not all people are as harsh and judgemental as I sometimes fear.
I didn't translate and post this article it in the end, b/c I have wrist pain, but mainly b/c I thought that no one would be interested... evidently, I was wrong.
I just post the link so you can see the pics, and know that even in Israel acceptance is emerging. It's very brave of you to share your truth with us. In fact, that in itself is inspiring...
www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3447631,00.html

I'd like to point out that these two individuals are not women.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 07:55:33 am »
I'd like to point out that these two individuals are not women.

sorry, complete slip of the tongue, I know they are not women, so no idea how that even got written. teach me a lesson not to post from work :(
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Iggy

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:32 am »
Jaser,

I get wanting us to know so that any offers of advice from issues ranging from treatment to daily living will take it in consideration.  I honestly appreciate your honesty and being upfront, and echo others at their amazement of how impressive you have been since you first came on the boards.

I would really be surprised if anyone who has been here more then a day would be disrespectful on this particular issue.

Iggy

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:27 am »
Jaser,

I get wanting us to know so that any offers of advice from issues ranging from treatment to daily living will take it in consideration.  I honestly appreciate your honesty and being upfront, and echo others at their amazement of how impressive you have been since you first came on the boards.

I would really be surprised if anyone who has been here more then a day would be disrespectful on this particular issue.

Iggy

I've said the same thing a thousand times to myself before, when telling family members, friends, etc. Someone always seems to manage to surprise me.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 08:32:01 am »
What everyone else said

Thank you Jaser, I hope one day they name a star after you, not some red dwarf, a huge, blazing new one

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 08:36:19 am »
Mouse,

I'm really glad you felt comfortable enough sharing this with us here on the forums, and it must have been very difficult for you to do so.  I appreciate your openness, and hope that no one here would be disrespectful to you. 

I had no idea of your age, and am honestly surprised that you are so (relatively) young.  Your posts seem much more mature and insightful than your age would suggest.  Given this, and what you have shared with us, it seems to me that you know yourself so well -- perhaps better than many others of us here know themselves (or, at least, better than I know myself).

I suspect you will find support and acceptance from the people here on these forums.  And regarding your journey ahead, I wish you strength and courage (which you already seem to have).

Sincerely,

Henry

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 09:00:01 am »
Well done, WELL DONE, Jaser.

Huge congratulations for taking the huge step of disclosing so clearly and specifically where you're at in every way. I've known about this for sometime and just figured if and when you were ready you'd say what you had to say.

If I or we can be helpful to you on your ongoing journey just say so.

Wishing you well and all blessings,

Andy Velez

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 09:07:51 am »
Why would we view you any differently? I have to admit, I was a bit surprised, but right on, man. Congrats on coming out to the rest of us. You're still Jaser/Mouse to me. Hugs!

Molten
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline carousel

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 09:08:38 am »
Jaser

I was kind of not surprised.

Count me as one of the chorus who think that it's great that you have been able to share this with us.  Huge respect.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:23 am »
Your being born a female means nothing to me. I've always thought you were a smart and sensitive young man and you still are.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:32 am »
Congratulations on having the courage to be who you are.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2007, 10:00:42 am »
All of the above.

How big of you "little one". :-*

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2007, 10:50:50 am »
My dearest Mouse,

I have nothing but admiration and respect for you.  As always, you impress me with your courage and the maturity that most of us still lack.
I think you are AMAZING and if I was 20 yrs younger I'd want to go out on a date with you.

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline JPinLA

• Cheers!
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2007, 11:00:52 am »
I just wanted to chime in and say cheers to your strength and honesty.  You seem like a very amazing young man and I for one feel privileged to read your posts. 

JP

11/06 - Diagnosed - VL/5784 & CD4 326
2/07 - VL/6000 & CD4 290 2/07
3//07 -Began Truvada/Viramune 
4/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 320 22%
7/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 286 22%
11/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 302 26%

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2007, 11:21:01 am »
Dear Mouse,

you are way stronger than many of us here, for taking extraordinary steps to become who you are, already. I don't believe that any of the regular members here would have any problem with your life. To me you are the same Mouse you were yesterday, and I find you so powerful and brave for sharing this intimate part of your life with you. I also know understand better why you and Melia reacted on a post I made about transgenders, and I want to assure you that what i'm writing today in this post is what I really think, deep in my heart.

Congrats on coming out,

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.