Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:29:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 586
Total: 586

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: menstruation  (Read 7219 times)

Offline perdida

menstruation
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:53:27 pm »
At least a feel like that. Sorry for my english, I am from Spain. My history is killing me, I need help. I was sleeping in a friend´s home in a separate bedroom and his bisexual lover tried to have sex with me while I was sleeping. I noticed something extrange was happening, but I sleep very deeply and I was so tired that day also. When I woke up was because I felt he was doing oral sex to me, then I kicked him and end of the histoy...at the moment. I think he touch me, may be he introduced his fingers in me, but I am quite sure that he wasnt inside me (sorry aganin for my english). Sometimes I imagine that he did it and I dont remember because it was devasting for me, and sometimes I am sure really he didnt. I took a test, 4th generation, antigen p24 and antibodies at 9 weeks an 2 days from that date. It was negative, but I am worried and stresed. I never have feel sick in all my live and now, i have differents sickness (4 months from that date). I need help, peace of mind and some support. May be you think feeling like in a rape is too hard for that event, but I feel like, believe me. Can my simptoms be because the estress?,

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Scared, something like a rape...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:26:53 pm »
Perdida,

These "symptoms" you have been experiencing can absolutely be related to stress.  We don't like to address symptoms with regard to HIV because they can vary so widely from person to person that it makes such discussion meaningless.  Based on what you describe, I am not inclined to believe you have any HIV concerns from this incident.

This, however, is another matter: 

I need help, peace of mind and some support.  May be you think feeling like in a rape is too hard for that event, but I feel like, believe me. 

If you sincerely feel that you have been sexually assaulted, you need direct person-to-person counseling to address this issue.  That is something we simply cannot provide for you over the internet.  It seems clear that, whatever happened, it is causing you a great deal of personal trauma.  I doubt any of your ailments - psychological or physical - are going to resolve themselves until you do so.  You owe it to yourself to do so.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:27:52 pm »
Perdida, as understandably disturbing as the incident was for you, from what you have described I doubt very much that actual penetration took place.

If it did happen, which again I doubt, your negative test result is very reassuring. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a possible exposure. So your negative at 9 weeks is the next best thing to an all-clear. For your peace of mind I do recommend that you re-test at 13 weeks. I do expect you will continue to test negative.

As for your feeling unwell, that's something to discuss with your doctor. Given how stressful the incident was, your feeling unwell may very well be stress induced. But discuss it with your doctor just to be sure.

I don't see this as an HIV incident and I expect you to come out of it ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline perdida

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 04:52:04 am »
Hi. Thanks for answer back. I went to my usual doctor and showed her my test. I expained her everythink and she said to me that I can be happy because hiv is not my problem. She said that my test is the last one, antigen p24 and antibodies, and if is negative is conclusive. Even she think was unnecesary to test. My doctor said to me that she have been working testing for vih and another things girls who had been raped for years. She said vih is not easy to trasmit and the window period 3 months is just for some people and with a antibodies test, not mine. I have read as well in Massachusetts health page that 6 weeks is time enougth to develop antibodies. I phoned to the laboratory, in the private clinic and they said the test is conclusive. My doctor said to me to wait a few weeks to desestres and if I am not better she will send to me to mental health, to to see a psychologist.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 08:33:51 am »
I'm glad you're getting the help you need to reassure you and to get past this unhappy incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline perdida

Did I do well?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 03:19:02 pm »
Hello again, I dont know if you remember me, I am the girl who has an abuse a few months ago. I post a few weeks ago. After that horrible incident and tested negative I felt so bad and stressed, I couldn¨t think in have sex with anybody and start to feel feed up about men (sosrry for my english, I am spanish).I was all the time thinking that the test was wrong because may be the laboratory was very bad... After a while I decide go out and try to have sex, something like therapeutic sex, just to start with my normal life and being the same than before. I had sex with a man, I had vaginal sex with condom, I gave him a blow job with condom, He gave me a cunnilingus without protection, and I think that is safe, of course, but I have a cuestion: In the morning, he tried to penetrate me and I didnt want withot condom, but his penis rub my genital area, around the vagine,he didnt penetrate me, but I am scare for that. It happends nearly awake, I think witout even preseminal liquid, because we didnt "play" before,he just awake and tried, I wasnt lubricated and not penetration. Is there any risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 03:29:54 pm »
Perdida, please keep all of your entries in this thread. I have merged your latest question with the earlier thread.

Nothing you have described in relation to your recent experience put you at risk for HIV transmission. Condoms provide very effective protection so it's good to read that you're using them. As for rubbing, that is NOT a risk for transmission. Nor is mutual masturbation, touching and other similar sex play. So you don't have to be worried about this latest experience and there's no need for testing.

We do recommend that anyone who's sexually active get a full STD panel done regularly as there are other STDs much easier to acquire than HIV. Doing a full at least once a year is a good idea.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline perdida

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 03:40:45 pm »
Thanks for your answer. I think i am mentally better.I have to work in improve myself, but my initial stress is going (abuse episode).I am feeling that everything will be all right. Thanks a lot. (tonight I will go out for dinner and i will have a glass of spanish vine for you and everyone who supported me in these horribles moments. You have to know how importat is what all you do.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 05:03:52 pm »
I'm glad you found the exchanges here to be helpful. Enjoy that dinner and wine.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline perdida

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 03:21:24 pm »
A last cuestion, please. what is the chance of having a false negative in a vih test? I had a 4th generation test (biomerieux), and in the laboratory the director told me is enought, but I am not sure about that point. I think if is a real posibility they would counselling test twice.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 03:23:20 pm »
A fourth generation test is more than enough to give you an accurate result, positive or negative, so long as it's used at the correct time.

If you remember that the HIV testing window period is 13 weeks and test at the right time, you will not receive a false negative result.

MtD

Offline perdida

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 03:29:34 pm »
Thanks a lot. I supose that thinking in a mistake in the laboratory is stupid. May be I am too stressed and have to many "if".thanks a lot

Offline perdida

test
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 04:37:38 pm »
Hi, I am the girl who had a neg test 9 weeks after a sexual abuse. It´s supossed that is enought with a 4th gen test, but I had a lot of simptoms...I never have felt as worse as in that while. 8 months later, 2 weeks ago I decide repeat he test, I was afraid an depressed, it is neg, definitly.I post because I want to thanks everybody who supported me, and because I would like to say 2 things:
 1- Test: do it, dont be afraid, it is wose dont test, I was depressed and really sick.If I´d would do at 3 months, I´d would be 5 months of my unique live happy, and not depressed.
 2- Symptoms are nothing, the same day of my neg result, every symptoms went ot...white tonge with red rush, dry skin, faringitis ( sorry, I dont know in english), diarrea, loose of weight...THE SAME DAY....the mind can do everything

Kisses and thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 04:52:42 pm »
Perdida, I've merged your threads. Please keep all entries and comments in this same thread.

Whatever your symptoms are about they have nothing to do with HIV. You need to discuss them with your doctor to get that concern addressed. You have more than reliably tested negative. You ARE HIV negative. Period.

Good luck with getting things sorted out.

Andy Velez

Offline perdida

menstruation
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 09:41:16 am »
 Hi, I had a protected vaginal intercourse with a man with my menstruation. He didn´t want to use condoms and of course I said no way. FInally he use condons so I know was safe, but I would like to know, please, if is riskier for a negative woman have unprotected sex with the period. In so many sites I have read that is more dangerous for a man ( in case of a poz woman), but nothing about the risk for a negative woman on her menstruation.
Thanks in advance

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: menstruation
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 10:59:23 am »
Perdida,

Once again, I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. STOP STARTING NEW THREADS! It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Unprotected intercourse is a risk whether or not you're on your period.

You did not have a risk this time as condoms were used. Keep using condoms, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.