Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:43:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 220
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I will finally buy a medication vessel!  (Read 6251 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
I will finally buy a medication vessel!
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:57:41 am »
Finally a line of products worthy of the ever fashionable, preening homosexual with AIDS. There's always been a reason that over the course of 19 years of pill popping I've never bought a pill organizer -- they've all been such an assault on my elevated sense of aesthetics.

So, I duly present my latest find: Sabi (surprisingly NOT European or Japanese, but finely crafted in the USA, Palo Alto, CA   http://www.sabi.com/category/1-pill-storage-products.aspx

Required pretentious description: Sabi is a new creator of unique health and wellness products. We take our name from an ancient Japanese philosophy that exalts everyday life. Our products are inspired by an ideal: that life’s regular, day-to-day tasks deserve to be elevated. At Sabi, we envision a world in which every person is fully engaged in every moment of their life.

Our mission is to create products that are intuitively and beautifully designed in order to infuse life’s daily rituals with delight. Our creations marry superb functionality, simplicity, and aesthetics to make the most mundane to-dos – from taking your daily vitamins to taking out the trash – more enjoyable. Through its products, Sabi hopes to inspire its users to savor the little moments.

Sabi: elevate. everyday.

Products   
We are pleased to launch our company with the Vitality Line.

Vitality is a line of unique accessories to elevate life’s most common day-by-day routine - the taking of daily vitamin supplements and pills.

Let Sabi transform this banal ritual into a daily moment of joy and reflection. Take out your Sabi and take your time. This is your moment. Stop. Breathe. Shake. Pop. Drink. Transcend.

Take strength from your vitality and the time you invest daily in maintaining your health and wellness.

Vitality Line Products:
Holster Folio - Weekly Pill Carrier
Folio - Easy Pill Traveler
Grande Folio - Easy Pill Organizer
Crush - Easy Pill Smasher
Shake - Easy Pill Dispenser
Holster - Daily Pill Clip
Carafe - Handy Pills + Water
Grande Carafe - Handy Pills + Water

ps: follow the link to Sabi's facebook page and you can get a coupon code for 10% off
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

Re: I will finally buy a medication vessel!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:39 pm »
You got me all excited until I realized none of them would hold all the pills required.  A nice portfolio type case would be awesome.  Disguised as a daytimer perhaps?  Leather bound of course with gold leaf initials.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:06:00 pm »

Our mission is to create products that are intuitively and beautifully designed in order to infuse life’s daily rituals with delight. Our creations marry superb functionality, simplicity, and aesthetics to make the most mundane to-dos – from taking your daily vitamins to taking out the trash – more enjoyable.

They have a range of designer trash bags ?! Oh my.  ;D

I really should move to the First World.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:18:52 pm by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:10:55 pm »
I've carried them for years, I even had one of those pill boxes that had a beeper that would go off every 4 hrs. so that I could take my AZT way back in the dark ages of early AIDS  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:56 pm »
I've carried them for years, I even had one of those pill boxes that had a beeper that would go off every 4 hrs. so that I could take my AZT way back in the dark ages of early AIDS  ;)

Was it AZT that had to be taken every 4 hours?  I've asked that question here before because I remember having to set my alarm clock to get up in the middle of the night.  I barely remember the AZT years.  I also remember having to carry a damn ice cooler to carry one or two of my meds around. 

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »
Was it AZT that had to be taken every 4 hours?  I've asked that question here before because I remember having to set my alarm clock to get up in the middle of the night.  I barely remember the AZT years.  I also remember having to carry a damn ice cooler to carry one or two of my meds around. 

Wolfie

YES every 4 hrs. when AZT 1st came out in early 87 that was the recommended dosage , however some didn't fair to well, and it was too strong, most died from that high of a dosage, if I recall correctly  :D well it didn't kill me, my Timex is still ticking  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:40:20 pm »
Seriously? They've had those ones that fold up like a book for years here in the UK and some of the fancy covers even you would like, Miss P for Pretentious. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:47:24 pm »
You got me all excited until I realized none of them would hold all the pills required. 

Wolfie

Exactly, Wolfie.

I took a look at that folio (since the grande isn't available yet) - thinking it would be adequate seeing as how I only take 2 pills for teh aids and 5 more for everything else caused by taking those magic pills that have kept me alive all these years; then again maybe I'm just dealing with side effects from being so damn old  ;)
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »
Finally a line of products worthy of the ever fashionable, preening homosexual with AIDS. There's always been a reason that over the course of 19 years of pill popping I've never bought a pill organizer -- they've all been such an assault on my elevated sense of aesthetics.

So what *have* you been using to organize and carry your pills all this time?  A paper sack?  Gunny sack?  Tupperware?  Aluminum foil?  Ice cube trays? 

Seriously, these are much more pleasant than the typical pill organizers you find at drugstores.  I wonder if they would make a combination pill organizer and cigarette case.  8)  I guess that wouldn't fit in the name of the product line ("Vitality"), but I can see it being a hot product.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline buginme2

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »
Me likes the Folio!  Add to cart!
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline denb45

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 12:59:38 pm »
 ;D knowing Miss P those meds were most likey carried in a air-tight louis-vatan handbag .......lol  ;D

as denb awaits a true reading of my beeds from Miss P for that last comment
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:30:29 pm by denb45 »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 02:43:25 pm »
The folio makes no sense to me, as one slip, without the cover and there go all of your pills.  The grand folio coming makes more sense and looks nice, but for $30 I can buy a decades worth of pill dispensers.  As if I even care what my pill box looks like.

Joe

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »
They have a range of designer trash bags ?! Oh my.  ;D

I really should move to the First World.

Wouldn't you have to give up your call center job? :)
Seriously? They've had those ones that fold up like a book for years here in the UK and some of the fancy covers even you would like, Miss P for Pretentious. :)

I have a lovely "single dose" pill box by Royal Copenhagen that I snagged at the MoMA gift shop the year I was diagnosed. But as far as day to day stuff I just open all of the bottles individually each time, and I've always done it like that. However, I would like to have something presentable for when I take 7-10 day trips.

Currently when I go on a trip for a week, I empty out a large multivitamin bottle, then count out all of my doses of pills and then pour them into that large bottle, which then goes in my luggage. Either that or I have a separate cosmetics bag and I take all of my bottles with me as they are.

You should have seen the time I travelled with all of my fuzeon stuff -- and I was using that Biojector apparatus. I flew somewhere the week after starting that stuff and had one separate carry on just for pharmaceuticals. Twas very chic you know.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:52:50 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »
Wouldn't you have to give up your call center job? :)

Naah. I never really understood the concept 'working for a living', especially the plebeian sort of existence.  :)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 03:24:47 pm »
Naah. I never really understood the concept 'working for a living', especially the plebeian sort of existence.  :)

Oh right, my bad -- I forgot that you're from one of those princely type land owning families that keep the rest of the riffraff lower castes bathing in that nasty dirty water of the Ganges. I bet you sneak off and eat large porterhouse steaks too.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »
I do like the products. Do LV not do a pill holder? Or Hermes? I would have thought so since their core customers (for non-fake products) are generally well aged and European. Me, I use a slightly dented mint tin (came with free mints) - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:37:13 pm »
Oh right, my bad -- I forgot that you're from one of those princely type land owning families that keep the rest of the riffraff lower castes bathing in that nasty dirty water of the Ganges. I bet you sneak off and eat large porterhouse steaks too.

My heathen palate could somehow never acquire a taste for steak. I don't know what people find so tasty in a bland and bloody piece of rubbery flesh plonked onto a plate. So coarse and medieval !  ;D

PS- I should bathe in the Ganges to wash off all my sins too ! LOL

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:58 pm »
My heathen palate could somehow never acquire a taste for steak. I don't know what people find so tasty in a bland and bloody piece of rubbery flesh plonked onto a plate. So coarse and medieval !  ;D

Steak au poivre is simply one of the most divine creations on the planet!

Oh, I have some take out from Ekta Indian Cuisine that will be my dinner tonight -- Chicken Tikka Masala and some jasmine rice. Though I suppose basmati would be more appropo, no? I find it difficult to locate good Indian restaurants in the US.

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »
Yes, Basmati rice is the ideal type that goes with dal (lentils) and curries.  Interestingly Chicken Tikka Masala is a British invention and is not available in India.  A much finer chicken dish is 'Butter Chicken'- chicken in a thick cream and tomato gravy- which is much much better. I'm sure you could get it in authentic Indian restaurants in NY or LA. Maybe even Philly. :)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 07:15:53 pm »
Currently when I go on a trip for a week, I empty out a large multivitamin bottle, then count out all of my doses of pills and then pour them into that large bottle, which then goes in my luggage.

This is exactly what I do. ^

I am really digging the Sabi stuff, especially the Folio and the Grande Carafe  ;D Although I am not sure If I would ever use the Carafe, but I have to have it! I still dose straight out of the bottles on my dresser but these would be great for travel.

-W

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 07:28:01 pm »
I have a standard plastic ugly organizer , nothing fancy for me yet .

I would be lost witout my pill organizer . I often have to look at my pill box to make sure I took my dose twice a day , many times I forget I took it within an hour and have to go look . I accidentally took a double dose of insulin a few weeks back and almost passed out before I got to the fridge to get some sugar . I have to mark down my dose of insulin now since that happended .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 07:39:56 pm »
Bob & I just throw all of our meds in a overnight bag when we go on Vacation and hope for the best  ;D

Offline Growler

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 01:34:50 am »
So, I duly present my latest find: Sabi (surprisingly NOT European or Japanese, but finely crafted in the USA, Palo Alto, CA   http://www.sabi.com/category/1-pill-storage-products.aspx

My first thought on viewing these was.......

Something's missing....oh yeah, the "Hello Kitty" decal!

GROWLER

edited to include the bloody punchline....grrrrrrr
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:51:04 am by Growler »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »

Something's missing....oh yeah, the "Hello Kitty" decal!

Growler, your pussies are hot  :D
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline denb45

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:32 pm »

Oh, now that's is so CUTE, I just have to have one or two, it makes me feel like a school girl  tee hee  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.