Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:39:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Years Eve plans?  (Read 26588 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
Re: New Years Eve plans?
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2014, 04:15:30 pm »
Last night I stead home with my family and went to bed at 8:30. I did wake up to my 15 year old asking me to check the house and doors. She had stayed up and heard the fireworks and gun shots in the neighborhood. The fireworks were close enough that the inside of our house was being lit up.
So I got up and checked the house with my daughter behind me carrying her umbrella for a weapon.
I finally went to bed when the noise settled down around 1am.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2014, 05:35:45 pm »
What kind of places do you folks live where people are firing guns for New Years? I live in Killadelphia and I never hear any guns being fired. But hey, you know how unsafe these Big Cities are  ::)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »
 ::)

I knew I shouldn't have mixed the beer, with the champagne last night.  I felt it this morning, so I decided to stay in bed until 11:00.  :o

But all is well now! Headache left about 4 hours ago ! We went down to our little gay bar around 1:00 this afternoon, to catch up with some friends !

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2014, 06:01:56 pm »
What kind of places do you folks live where people are firing guns for New Years?

They do that in SA. I heard a shotgun last night along with a couple 9's.

Anywho..

I'm currently preparing New Years Dinner! Fried Cabbage (with bacon), black eyed peas, Tamales, and ham steak.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2014, 06:23:33 pm »
What kind of places do you folks live where people are firing guns for New Years? I live in Killadelphia and I never hear any guns being fired. But hey, you know how unsafe these Big Cities are  ::)

It happened last year in Richmond (well, Chesterfield County).  A kid died when a bullet hit him in his head.  They still have not found who fired the bullet.  It was in an upscale, suburban neighborhood.

M

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2014, 06:32:08 pm »
I had planned to drink and have fun in the french quarter.  I'm assuming that's what happened because I woke up in my hotel room on canal but I don't remember much about last night and the last text I sent was at 3:40am. 

PS/PSA: New Orleans is amazing as always.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2014, 06:40:26 pm »
I had planned to drink and have fun in the french quarter.  I'm assuming that's what happened because I woke up in my hotel room on canal but I don't remember much about last night and the last text I sent was at 3:40am. 

PS/PSA: New Orleans is amazing as always.

YOU ARE SO DAMN NAIVE

btw: go get a full STI done STAT -- you probably now have anal syphilis.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
What kind of places do you folks live where people are firing guns for New Years?

Now Miss P  you know us red-necks that live out in the Wild, Wild West love our guns  8)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2014, 08:47:39 pm »

That's what I'm saying.

I made corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions in the crock.  Cooked for 12 hours.  It was quite delicious.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »
Here in the MIA every year someone gets stuck by a "stray" bullet being fired into the sky as part of someone's New Year's celebration. Obviously, Newton's law of gravity isn't digested by some people.

I actually was in bed by 10:45 last night - although I knew it was the New Year when I heard all of the fireworks, gun shots, etc. outside...

I was beat after hanging out the night before until almost 3 in the a.m. playing cards and accompanying my friend from Atlanta and her daughters to Fort Lauderdale's early NYE celebration for families.. They even did a ball lighting and countdown at 7 pm for the children. 

I then took her to the airport for her flight back to ATL and brought myself home and to bed.

I felt good about doing it as I woke up feeling much better (although not until about 1:30 this afternoon) and was able to accomplish some things that I wouldn't have been able to do had I stayed out late last night partying.

Trying to do somethings different this year...
Oh, and I'm still smoking - but have started reducing the amount... so, I am making progress - albeit slow progress.... but that is for the other thread.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2014, 11:46:42 pm »
YOU ARE SO DAMN NAIVE

btw: go get a full STI done STAT -- you probably now have anal syphilis.

I think I would know if I got laid....I think anyway.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2014, 12:05:46 am »
I think I would know if I got laid....I think anyway.

You may have been probed by aliens and cant remember .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2014, 12:16:57 am »
You may have been probed by aliens and cant remember .

And this is why illegal immigration is ruining America. (I kid)

Offline britchick

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 01:16:42 am »
Lol...I  have a headache today!!

britchickxx

Offline Dan0

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2014, 01:28:12 am »
Lol...I  have a headache today!!

britchickxx

Lemondrop Martinis, wine of some unknown origin, vodka and.....oh hell I forget. They should have just used a gun. It would have been quicker.

"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:43 am »
Oh noooo! Spent ages typing reply and then it vanished!LOL

Happy New Yr everyone.Im in disgrace.I live in  the Hogmany country of the world,and I still fell asleep last night long before the "bells".Shameful I know!
 I got changed into my pj's ate a plate of haggis, had a few wee vodka's with irn bru and fell asleep by 9 30 pm.Oh changed days

I felt sooo guilty, so invited family for 1an impromptu "shindig".First footers 12 hrs late.....oops, steak pie(family love ....and I cant manage! In oven),whisky flowing, Proclaimers playing on cd.I love daytime gatherings!!!
Enjoy your New Year'

britchickxxx

PsvI made myfa

Can I spend New Years Day with you next year Brit ? I love NYD Steak pie plus this years drink Pressers, 1 flute and I am drunk as a Hellraiser in New Orleans .
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2014, 10:21:17 am »
drunk as a Hellraiser in New Orleans .

+++!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Theyer

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47:23 am »
Gosh and golly its true America is such a dangerous place what with bullets falling from the sky and aliens spreading anal syphilis.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline britchick

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 07:17:04 am »
Theyer,

I think that you would disown me!
Im so glad that you are home now.Take it easy .

britchickxxx

Offline Theyer

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:34 am »
Theyer,

I think that you would disown me!
Im so glad that you are home now.Take it easy .

britchickxxx

As I never intend owning anyone I cannot disown them, and you never did get back about a possable hook up when I and Miss Miasofia begin our Spring travels.

I really cannot sea how a Proud Scottish Women could possably object to an English man on route to Summer on a small island with in The Orkney,s.

I will present my card and references nearer the time.

lots off love

michaelhenrytheyerVonHamhock.

Offline britchick

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2014, 05:27:45 pm »
Theyer!

You are on. See you soon then!Via Glasgow?!!!

britchickxxx

Offline Theyer

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2014, 08:27:41 am »
Theyer!

You are on. See you soon then!Via Glasgow?!!!

britchickxxx

Thank you , Glasgow would be great , I will PM you nearer the time , I anticipate April onward .
Michael

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2014, 09:18:10 am »
Thank you , Glasgow would be great , I will PM you nearer the time , I anticipate April onward .
Michael

You two should drop by the Rock. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline britchick

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2014, 05:01:46 pm »
Yep.It would be great to meet up with you, also Ann in the future.

britchickxxx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 07:16:26 am »
Yep.It would be great to meet up with you, also Ann in the future.

britchickxxx

Do you ever get to Liverpool? I go there for clinic three/four times a year and I've started saving up in-between appointments so I can stay overnight. I've become fed up with having my appointment after getting up at 4am, and three hours of motion-sickness (from taxis and the airplane), so now I try to travel the day before.

So maybe we could meet up in Liverpool sometime (it's expensive to get to the Rock, but you're always welcome). I'm over again on a Mon/Tues (clinic Tues) in mid-April, but I could conceivably travel over on Saturday or Sunday if I have enough notice to save up for the extra hotel costs. I use a good, clean, no-frills hotel that has very reasonable prices, right in the city centre.

PM me if you want to make plans. (Same goes for you, Michael.)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline britchick

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »
I would love a  wee trip this year as I've had to cancel so many over the last few years....but I need to be a wee bit better to travel.At the minute I struggle to stay awake after 9 ish at night!I need a rest in the afternoon for an hour when im not working.OMG.....you would think I was about 90 years old

I had friends in Birkenhead , also Manchester....and its been so long since I've been down there.
Im hoping I can travel  in a few months.

britchickxxx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 07:26:58 am »

Im hoping I can travel  in a few months.

I hope so too! I'll probably be going again in July/August - let me know, ok? :)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline britchick

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »
Yes , of course I will.Thanks.

britchickxx

Offline Theyer

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2014, 03:04:15 pm »
You two should drop by the Rock. :)

Well I am planning too I just forgot to inform you Ann , Britchick I can organize accom for you in London , Plus the Liverpool April thing sounds very good Ann. Does the Hotel allow Dogs ? If you are on any Disability monies the National Rail Disabled Adults card costs £20 per year and gets you a third off. So Brit this allows this often not exactly fit bloke the chance to go 1st class to Aberdeen for about £50 which as you get free breakfast /tea coffee/ Water helps when the travelling is ill , in fact that's how I have tottered back and to Orkney the past x years I book as early as I can and go as lux as I can afford .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2014, 05:07:18 am »

Does the Hotel allow Dogs ?

I'm not sure, I'll have to look into it. I think the hostel might. (Might.) It would be lovely to meet up with you in April - we'll have to Skype about the details.

Britchick, are you in Aberdeen? For some reason I thought you were further south, like between Glasgow and Edinburgh. I've been to Aberdeen once or twice on a night out back when I was at the scallop fishing. We were berthed in Stonehaven most of the time that summer and we just had the occasional foray to Aberdeen when we were otherwise "blown-in". I really liked Stonehaven, it's very similar people, size and atmosphere-wise (ie small fishing village) to where I live on the Rock. We stopped going to Aberdeen when one of the lads from the fleet drowned in Aberdeen harbour.  :'(

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline britchick

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 02:47:04 pm »
Thanks Theyer thats so nice of you.My dad was from London so im good for getting around the city.He was from. North London, I worked in west London and love south west London.

Great re train fare advice too, cheers.
Ann, my mum is from the east coast, an hour from Aberdeen and yes its lovely....but soooo cold! Lol! Im only 40 mins from Glasgow,

britchickx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »
Well I am planning too I just forgot to inform you Ann , Britchick I can organize accom for you in London , Plus the Liverpool April thing sounds very good Ann. Does the Hotel allow Dogs ? If you are on any Disability monies the National Rail Disabled Adults card costs £20 per year and gets you a third off. So Brit this allows this often not exactly fit bloke the chance to go 1st class to Aberdeen for about £50 which as you get free breakfast /tea coffee/ Water helps when the travelling is ill , in fact that's how I have tottered back and to Orkney the past x years I book as early as I can and go as lux as I can afford .

A bit greedy working a disability discount only to sit your lipo-ass down in a first class seat, don't you think? What would Iain Duncan Smith think about this?

Of course, in the US we do not have first class seating on trains -- at least not in the highly traveled Northeast... we're a merit-based society!

Offline Theyer

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2014, 04:09:07 am »
A bit greedy working a disability discount only to sit your lipo-ass down in a first class seat, don't you think? What would Iain Duncan Smith think about this?

Of course, in the US we do not have first class seating on trains -- at least not in the highly traveled Northeast... we're a merit-based society!
Greedy --- leaves more space in 2 ND class
Iain would go nuts and that warms my sad skinny ole Lipo arse cheeks .
As to "we,re a merit based society ! " as I said before Philicia darling you crack me up.

As Tolstoy said to Lenin   " come the revolution everyone travels !st class.
Of course Toly got an ice pick in his brain and Lenin didn,t
Hugles my love
Michael,

PS are you not the chap who said about some free medical thing that you just love getting stuff for Free . No sweat ,  I , and I doubt you, do not make much claim to consistancy .

Offline Theyer

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2014, 04:15:49 am »
I'm not sure, I'll have to look into it. I think the hostel might. (Might.) It would be lovely to meet up with you in April - we'll have to Skype about the details.

Britchick, are you in Aberdeen? For some reason I thought you were further south, like between Glasgow and Edinburgh. I've been to Aberdeen once or twice on a night out back when I was at the scallop fishing. We were berthed in Stonehaven most of the time that summer and we just had the occasional foray to Aberdeen when we were otherwise "blown-in". I really liked Stonehaven, it's very similar people, size and atmosphere-wise (ie small fishing village) to where I live on the Rock. We stopped going to Aberdeen when one of the lads from the fleet drowned in Aberdeen harbour.  :'(

Aberdeen is a tough town , a lad from the island OD after 6 months fishing out of Aberdeen , lovely lad awful sad.Self medding for work got it badly wrong.

Yes we will do it.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2014, 04:27:15 am »
Thanks Theyer that's so nice of you.My dad was from London so I'm good for getting around the city.He was from. North London, I worked in west London and love south west London.

Great re train fare advice too, cheers.
Ann, my mum is from the east coast, an hour from Aberdeen and yes its lovely....but SO cold! Lola! I'm only 40 Min's from Glasgow,

britches

pm your size and I will check for cashmire in the posh charity shops down here , I get great tweed jackets in Scotland plus caps /scares/cravats/ and soft check flannel shirts which are getting hard to find trouble and fun off it is most people take one look and bracket you in that sort off get up .

It could be our very own mini AGM , goose bumps on goose bumps , goodi good.

love
michael

Offline britchick

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2014, 01:57:07 pm »
I m laughing as I read  my message again....my samsung tablet onscreen keyboard has a habit of whizzing ahead and I dont notice till I've posted.Note to self......must check ..before posting!!

I will PM you Theyer

britchickxx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.