Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:18:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 234
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How Gay Are You ?  (Read 46278 times)

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
How Gay Are You ?
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:16:01 am »
I want to say from the outset that this is strictly for fun and fun only. There is no homophobic agenda (overt or  tacit) or anything of the sort. The sole purpose is just to get some amusement out of silly clichés (some true for some, some not) surrounding being gay as a ‘sexual identity’.  Ann, I hope I am allowed to do this and am not breaking any rules here (?). I really hope this doesn’t descend into a homophobic rant contest, cos that’s really not how I mean it- just some fun (within limits of course).  ;D

Ok so I am trying to make a FUN test on how gay someone is without bringing up a single question relating to physical attraction for the same sex. Feel free to add/amend/demolish /recreate and/or answer these questions.

Here goes (in no particular order):-

a)  Are you or have you ever been a big (HUGE) fan of any of the following:

Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna      

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams?

c) Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ?

d) Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ?

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan?

f) Did you like Devil Wears Prada ?

g) Do you own a pair of red shoes ?

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ?

That's it for now..... ;D

Edited to add:-

I added these questions in two later posts but some people seem to have missed them so I am adding them here:

i) Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?

j) Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ?

k) Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ?

l) f you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?

m) Does your bathroom sink resemble the side-shelf of a major cosmetic store?

n) Do you count calories in your food intake? Do you go on strange 'no-carbs after 6 pm' diets or other weird variations?

o) Do you like House and pop music and despise rap and hard-rock ?

p) Do you live for art and culture ?

q) When you were a kid (let’s say up until 16) was your best friend someone from the opposite sex ?

r) Do you feel your day is worthless if you haven’t been to the gym or did you have a phase like that ?

It’s morning here and I’m all fresh with some Extra bold questions:

s) If you are a man have you had a pedicure or manicure more than once in your life ?

t) On Facebook do you choose and change your display picture very carefully and/or photo-shop to hide any flaws….because you know you’re so perfect.

u) Are you an out and out or closeted narcissist ?

v) Do you sometimes feel (or have you ever felt that way) that the world was created just so that you could be born in it ?  ;D

------------

To stress again:- I HOPE NO ONE IS OFFENDED BY THESE QUESTIONS COS THIS WHOLE THING IS NOTHING MORE THAN PLAYING ON (AND GETTING A LAUGH OUT OF) RIDICULOUS CLICHES , STEREOTYPES AND OTHER ECCENTRIC PRATTLE.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:52:10 am by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline wolfter

Re: How Gay Are You ?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:23:20 am »

Not sure what you're trying to garner, but I'll play ;D

Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna:   Duh, Madonna Rocks      

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams? Yes.  Crosss country, track, baseball, tennis and golf in my free time.  We won't discuss water sports...lol

c) Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ?  I preferred both

d) Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ?  Obviously!

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan? What?  No way!

f) Did you like Devil Wears Prada ?  NO

g) Do you own a pair of red shoes ?  Not any longer.

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ?  Only if drinking too much white zin.

That's it for now..... ;D
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:25 am »
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Growler

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:49 am »
I'm so gay that when I catheterized my first female patient, I stuck the catheter up her arse  (blush)...... but in my defense I was a student.
Growler
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:28:43 am »
Some more...

-Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?

- Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ?

- Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ?

- If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:35:27 am »

Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna      NO

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams? YES Played Football

c) Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ?  YES can speak Spanish & English

d) Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ? NO

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan? NO

f) Did you like Devil Wears Prada ? NO

g) Do you own a pair of red shoes ? NO

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ?  NO

"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline denb45

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:44:09 am »

-Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?  NO not @ all

- Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ? YES ;D

- Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ?  NO

- If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?  Both

"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:53:28 am »
Ann, I hope I am allowed to do this and am not breaking any rules here (?). I really hope this doesn’t descend into a homophobic rant contest, cos that’s really not how I mean it- just some fun (within limits of course).  ;D

It's fine by me - you made it pretty clear that you're just trying to have a bit of fun with clichés. Anyone lacking a sense of humour can just stay out of the thread.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:42 am »
It's fine by me - you made it pretty clear that you're just trying to have a bit of fun with clichés. Anyone lacking a sense of humour can just stay out of the thread.

Ok cool. Can I be a cheeky bastard and request you to take the test ? ;)

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 10:49:28 am »
I'm so gay that when I catheterized my first female patient, I stuck the catheter up her arse  (blush)...... but in my defense I was a student.
Growler

This is funny! Imagine HER surprise.

If you're asking Ann to join, then any old bat's replies will do. Here's mine...

a)  Are you or have you ever been a big (HUGE) fan of any of the following:
    Kylie Minogue - not huge, but what's huge?     

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? NO Were you on any of the sports teams?  NO

c) Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ? YES

d) Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ? NO

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan? NO

f) Did you like Devil Wears Prada ? It was OK

g) Do you own a pair of red shoes ? YES!!

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ? NO

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:52:14 am by emeraldize »

Offline darryaz

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 10:56:48 am »
a)  Fan yes, huge no
b)  No and No
c)  I preferred anything to math
d)  No
e)  I like it.
f)  It was ok
g)  Nope
h)  I don't think so (except on the rare occasion that I drink - then all bets are off)

So I guess I'm moderately gay?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:59:20 am by darryaz »

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 11:20:32 am »
a)  Are you or have you ever been a big (HUGE) fan of any of the following: Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna     

who?

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams?

Well I got a letter...  but it was in choir

No, but I was an editor of the poetry magazine

No

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan?

No

meh

Not any more -- all three pair wore out   :)

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ?

Nope

Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?

the opportunity does not arise

- Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ?

YES

- Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ? 

NO

- If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?

Not a TV type
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Since2005

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »

Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna   = Some   

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams? Yes but also liked the girly stuff

c) Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ? No I liked math

d) Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ? may be somewhat at times

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan? Yes

f) Did you like Devil Wears Prada ? the movie - yes

g) Do you own a pair of red shoes ? No

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ? No

-Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ? No

- Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ? once or twice for sure

- Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ? Yes

- If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ? Home interriors

Edited to add: I thought we were talking about the fashion. Yes I liked the movie Devil Wears Prada actually I remember it was 4 of us gays ( well I guess one/two were bi) watched it in the movie theatre  :)
I think in the 'gay scale' I am somewhere in the middle.. who is keeping the score?!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:01:29 pm by Since2005 »

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »
Nothing to out-stereotype my clichés  ??   :)..yeah it's a bit retarded...but I'm in a spas mood nowadays.  ;D

Ah well….some more:-

1) Does your bathroom sink resemble the side-shelf of a major cosmetic store?

2) Do you count calories in your food intake? Do you go on strange 'no-carbs after 6 pm' diets or other weird variations?

3)  Do you like House and pop music and despise rap and hard-rock ?

4) Do you live for art and culture ?

5) When you were a kid was your best friend someone from the opposite sex ?

6) Do you feel your day is worthless if you haven’t been to the gym or did you have a phase like that ?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 04:10:53 pm »

Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna....
No to the other two but I do watch Rihanna very closely, especially her butterfly video.  I take great pleasure in having convinced my wife that I think Rihanna is ugly, she's not. 

No sports teams, just raced motocross.

I was the bomb at math

We're talking the Miami Vice days in Miami, of course I was

I like anything Kate Hudson is in... she's my kinda gal.  Don't tell my wife, she thinks I am not attracted to white women

While I am christian, by all accounts he only has horns and hooves

No but I do own a pair with the colors of the Jamaican flag

only when I type I sometimes roll my eyes along with going to bed when talking to my wife

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 04:14:35 pm »

Actually I've never kept it secret -- it's apparent to all who raise their eyes to my celestial presence.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »
1) Does your bathroom sink resemble the side-shelf of a major cosmetic store?

Yes it does and everytime I shave I have to dig through all these cremes and lipstick thingys

2) Do you count calories in your food intake? Do you go on strange 'no-carbs after 6 pm' diets or other weird variations?

Only if it's water, I picked this up from my ex wife back in the day because she did it all the time.  So I look at water bottles to find that one she was looking to avoid.  You know, the one with 500 calories... haven't found one yet.

3)  Do you like House and pop music and despise rap and hard-rock ?

I don't like pop music, rap can be passable at times depending on who it is.  Love some alternative rock and really like dancehall

4) Do you live for art and culture ?

I actually do

5) When you were a kid was your best friend someone from the opposite sex ?

Before 6 or after?

6) Do you feel your day is worthless if you haven’t been to the gym or did you have a phase like that ?

No but I do get ansy if I haven't checked my fantasy football team's injury report before game time

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline denb45

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 04:40:33 pm »
1) Does your bathroom sink resemble the side-shelf of a major cosmetic store? NO

2) Do you count calories in your food intake? Do you go on strange 'no-carbs after 6 pm' diets or other weird variations?  NO I'm on 2 diets, for health reasons, but I don't always follow them

3)  Do you like House and pop music and despise rap and hard-rock ? NO I like Classic House, Classic DISCO & R&B, also like Classic Rock

4) Do you live for art and culture ? NO

5) When you were a kid was your best friend someone from the opposite sex ? NO but I did have a TWIN SISTER, and I still don't get along with her, were like Night & Day, totally different from each other...

6) Do you feel your day is worthless if you haven’t been to the gym or did you have a phase like that ? YES I don't feel very attractive when I don't work-out 3 to 4 days a week

I guess I'm not a very good gay man, I've been told that my gaydar was/is broken, and needs repair  :D

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:50:50 pm by denb45 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 05:04:09 pm »
Dennis tries so hard to be "straight acting" -- emphasis on acting.

Offline denb45

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 05:17:36 pm »
Dennis tries so hard to be "straight acting" -- emphasis on acting.

And you have never met me before, so how could you even know what I'm like in real life, sorry but, not even you can make that judgement Miss P , but nice try anyway dear  :-*

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »

a)   not « huge » fan. Just a fan.
b)   Yes. Varsity several sports
c)   no
d)   no
e)   no
f)   it was mildly amusing.  But i did really like Ugly Betty.
g)   No
h)   No
Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?  no

yes every day

- Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ?  duh everyone does

- If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ? no
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline klouny

• ~ can you see me now~
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 07:12:54 pm »
a)no, no, no and no.
b)not into sports, except pt for ROTC
c) im bad at math :(. I speak spanish/english fluently though :)
d) . . 0_o . . . I never use the word " posh", and no
e) no. . but I liked will and grace. do I get gay points for that?
f) never seen it
g) nope
h) I'm very animated when I talk. I don't act like an epilectic bird though
I) no. . .
J) only if I'm checking my hair
k) not really. Vivienne Westwood is the only one I might wear
L) I'd only watch either if I couldn't find the remote
~Strange ideas are Superfluous and unoriginal~

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 08:41:37 pm »

Red shoes? I don't even know what that refers to.

Offline ds4146

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »

If you're asking Ann to join, then any old bat's replies will do. Here's mine..

Okay have not even got to the rest, but this caused me to spit out what I was drinking in fits of laughter!

Offline ds4146

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 08:58:13 pm »

Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Lady GaGa, Rihanna: Who are the other three? I know Madonna, not personally, but also not a big fan.      

b) In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams? No, and I played Soccer.

c) Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ? Give me a number!

d) Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ? What would be the secret?

e)  Were/are you a Sex and the City fan? What crap!

f) Did you like Devil Wears Prada ? Loved it!

g) Do you own a pair of red shoes? Not since the house fell on me and Ann got them. I want them back and the little dog too!

h) While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ? It use to be my eyes, but there are now stuck. For the younger audience, your Mom was right, it does happen.

Offline LM

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »

- No, I have never been a big fan of anything, I think that's stupid.

- I liked playing soccer. Used to do it every week on the beach. But I'm a terrible player.

- Maybe, while I'm good with languages, I really liked History.

- No, wtf?

- No, just another sitcom.

- Yeah, sort of, it's good movie, but nothing special.

- Hell no.

- A little, but not in a gay way. Mind you, I come from an Italian family.

i) Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?

- Last time I used the word "charming" was to refer to a girl who was amazing, to say the least. All the guys were crazy for her. Besides that, I never use these words.

j) Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ?

- Yes, but it's because I'm always paranoid there's something on me I didn't notice.

- Not really.

l) If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?

- Top Gear is about cars, right? I would just turn off the TV, both are boring to me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:23:15 pm by LM »

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 11:59:58 pm »
Tis shall be interesting!

)  Are you or have you ever been a big (HUGE) fan of any of the following:

Loved Madonna's Like a Prayer as I would listen to it over and over and over

No but I was on a basket ball team. I didn't make the "A" team as I got pissed and shoved my best friend into the wall, lol!

Hated math in school and I would LOVEEEEEEEEEE to learn a language.

No and what friends? lol!

NOOOOOOOOOOO

YES!

Of Course! 2 pair of red wedges (they look nothing alike),and 1 pair of flip-flops with rhinestone hearts

Not usually.

So, how have I done. Scored magnificently I hope!

Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 12:12:41 am »
Lol, I thought all gay guys LOVED Sex and the City. I am so totally flummoxed.  :)

I've edited my first post and moved up some questions that I added later that some people seem to have missed. Also added some new ones.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 12:22:25 am »
Lol, I thought all gay guys LOVED Sex and the City. I am so totally flummoxed.  :)

It's obvious that we have a lot of liars on the board.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25:31 am »
Q: Are you or have you ever been a big (HUGE) fan of any of the following:

A: Madonna – yes; Kylie who??, Lady GaGa – yes; Rihanna - some

Q: In high school were you an avid sportsperson? Were you on any of the sports teams?

A: Nope – yearbook editor and student government

Q: Did you prefer languages to mathematics in school ?

A: Nope – social studies

Q: Did/do you secretly think you're way more posh than all of your peers ?

A: Nope

Q: Were/are you a Sex and the City fan?

A: Nope – I have only seen part of one episode

Q: Did you like Devil Wears Prada ?

A: Yes

Q: Do you own a pair of red shoes ?

Q: While talking do you move your arms and roll your eyes a little more than the average person ?

A: Yes

Q: Do you use words such as  ‘fabulous’, ‘charming’ and ‘exquisite’ a little too much ?

Q: Do you ever step out of your house without checking the mirror at least 3 times ?

Q: Do you have a penchant for fashion- of any kind, shape or form ?

A: A little, at times

Q: If you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?

A: Does Extreme Makeover Home Edition or Trading Spaces count?  I like Project Runway
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 12:32:56 am »

Like SRSLY.  Oh, and the Madonna et al question.  Please.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 12:35:23 am »
Like SRSLY.  Oh, and the Madonna et al question.  Please.

Well, ya know, can't trust a crew that thinks they got AIDS from giving blow jobs.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 12:58:19 am »
Well, ya know, can't trust a crew that thinks they got AIDS from giving blow jobs.

And you know that many of these chirrens were busy doing Cosmopolitan surveys back in their teens and twenties. 

I don't do polls, but let it be known that I enjoy Madonna (especially the Erotica and Bedtime Stories era), was a math and physics lover who spoke four languages and ran track in high school, own the very special version DVD set of SATC, and I can quote Miranda Priestly.   Oh, and the only Red Shoes that I own are by Kate Bush.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2011, 01:05:31 am »

a)   Fan yes, huge or big fan- no

b)   So-so

c)   Preferred languages but didn’t mind Maths either

d)  Not really, lol

e)  Not a fan but did watch some episodes.

f)  Yes

g) No

h) No. Ok maybe when I am very drunk.

i) I don’t think I have ever said ‘exquisite’ in my life.

j) All the time.

k) Nope

l) Neither

m) No, but my best friend’s does ;)

n) No. But I did have that phase. 

o) Yes.

p) Not really

q) Yes

r) No

s) Yes

t) No.

u) No. But I have spastic phases like that…(just for kicks)

v) No, but I did when I was a teenager.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 01:39:50 am »
Space you could put the answers next to the questions. So, that we don’t have to go back and forth to find the questions that you are saying 'No' to or vice versa. You know some could really think you are more gay than you actually are ;)

..I don't do polls, but let it be known that I enjoy Madonna (especially the Erotica and Bedtime Stories era), was a math and physics lover who spoke four languages and ran track in high school, own the very special version DVD set of SATC, and I can quote Miranda Priestly.   Oh, and the only Red Shoes that I own are by Kate Bush.

That’s impressive! From math & science lover to track to own DVD of SATC to speaking four languages ( wonder what are they) to own a pair of  red shoes – Dynamics.. WTG

I wonder why would they.. This is an online forum for God’s sake!

Offline Since2005

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:09 am »
m) Does your bathroom sink resemble the side-shelf of a major cosmetic store? No

n) Do you count calories in your food intake? Do you go on strange 'no-carbs after 6 pm' diets or other weird variations? I check my calories intake but nothing weired like 6 pm diet etc. like that..

o) Do you like House and pop music and despise rap and hard-rock ? yes

p) Do you live for art and culture ? No

q) When you were a kid (let’s say up until 16) was your best friend someone from the opposite sex ? No

r) Do you feel your day is worthless if you haven’t been to the gym or did you have a phase like that ? No  at the moment but. there are times yes I did

s) If you are a man have you had a pedicure or manicure more than once in your life ? No not yet but I am not saying ‘No’ forever

t) On Facebook do you choose and change your display picture very carefully and/or photo-shop to hide any flaws….because you know you’re so perfect. No. don’t do facebook..may be in the future

u) Are you an out and out or closeted narcissist? No
v) Do you sometimes feel (or have you ever felt that way) that the world was created just so that you could be born in it ?  No

Edited to add: 'No' on the narcissist question. Not sure about your (Space) question on Kylie ( below), I am not big into music (well except when I go to gay bars and dance my ass off..lol..) Aparently, the other 3 singers are more popular in US. Lady Gaga is the favorite among gays :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:33:56 am by Since2005 »

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 02:05:53 am »
You know some could really think you are more gay than you actually are ;)

Like that's something I'm concerned about lol.... ;)

Is Kylie not big in the US ?

u) Are you an out and out or closeted narcissist? Did not get the question are you aksing if I am out or in the closet? - Closet/semi-closet ( work and family) Out to some (friends and working on more)

It means are you self-obsessed / in love with yourself ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:10:08 am by spacebarsux »

Offline elf

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2011, 03:51:21 am »

NO [I like ASIN and KANGNA; back in the 1990ies I liked GINA G...Oh Ah  ;D ]

I LIKE(D) ATHLETICS.

NO, it was 50:50

NO

No, no, no (I liked X Files, Melrose Place and StarTrek Voyager better)

No

No

No

No, I use words like horrible and appalling. like Grouchy Smurf LOL

N/A

NO

l) f you had to choose, would you watch a show on home interiors over Top Gear ?
I prefer Top Gear

NO

n) Do you count calories in your food intake? Do you go on strange 'no-carbs after 6 pm' diets or other weird variations?
N/A

I like old and modern trance music and old school eurodance music, and don't like house. I like some rock songs (like Crush Crush Crush by Paramore).

NO

q) When you were a kid (let’s say up until 16) was your best friend someone from the opposite sex ?
NO

r) Do you feel your day is worthless if you haven’t been to the gym or did you have a phase like that ?
I feel my day is worthless if I haven't learned anything new (like 10  Spanish or English words or something like that)

It’s morning here and I’m all fresh with some Extra bold questions:

s) If you are a man have you had a pedicure or manicure more than once in your life ?
NEVER

t) On Facebook do you choose and change your display picture very carefully and/or photo-shop to hide any flaws….because you know you’re so perfect.
I canceled my Facebook :)

Not a chance.

v) Do you sometimes feel (or have you ever felt that way) that the world was created just so that you could be born in it ?  
N/A

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2011, 04:46:26 am »

NO [I like ASIN and KANGNA; back in the 1990ies I liked GINA G...Oh Ah  ;D ]

Ha ha ha ha ha...How can you compare 2 random Indian actresses (pretty obscure and unpopular even within India) to Musical Legends ?   ;D ;)

Is the word 'appalled' gay?  ;)

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2011, 05:18:13 am »
Ha ha ha ha ha...How can you compare 2 random Indian actresses (pretty obscure and unpopular even within India) to Musical Legends ?   ;D ;)

Is the word 'appalled' gay?  ;)

Space, the only "legend" on your list is Madonna.  Kylie is not global and the other two are too new.  In my book.  You're soooooo gay to think Rihanna is a legend. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2011, 05:29:06 am »
Kylie is awesome and so is Rihanna  ;D.

I like fags who put themselves on a pedestal.  ;)  ;D

Lady GaGa is special.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:30:38 am by spacebarsux »

Offline mecch

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2011, 05:30:59 am »

Was your high school gym shower a temple of delights?  yes

Did your fashionable grandma know your deal long before mommy or daddy could face the fact? yes

Do you feel no shame after throwing a little hissy fit?  yes

Are you jealous that your lady friends, and Krystal and Alexis, can enjoy a good cat fight every now and then?  yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdhdzfbR_o

Do you have gaydar?  yes

Do you do the up and down when you check out a guy on the street? yes

Can you name a supermodel from every decade since the 40's?  yes

Offline mecch

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2011, 05:39:10 am »
Kylie is awesome and so is Rihanna  ;D.

I like fags who put themselves on a pedestal.  ;)  ;D

Lady GaGa is special.

"awesome" does not equal "legend"

Any gay worth his tiara makes finer distinctions, whenever it so pleases him.  
         (Poor dear, serving this wine with that dish.....)
         (Bernadette Peters is no Barbara Cook as far as Sally's go...)
         (Rihanna is not a legend and Gaga is not a gay icon...)

Also, all gays know how to slum and enjoy it.
         (He's the worst kind of rough trade and je le vaux bien...)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:42:19 am by mecch »

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2011, 06:42:46 am »
        (Rihanna is not a legend and Gaga is not a gay icon...)

Gaga is a Gay icon and so is Kylie...at least to a lot of us twenty-something year olds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_icon

Offline mecch

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2011, 06:47:22 am »
Kylie yes, in Europe, she earned it over many many many years and costume changes.  She's pretty old, ya know.

Gaga simply said "I am your new icon" and you youngsters fell for it, hook line and how many dollars invested?  Suckers.

Really, don't drink the Gaga kool-aid. Take her as the hardest working act in show BIZ she is.

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:26 am »
Gaga simply said "I am your new icon" and you youngsters fell for it, hook line and how many dollars invested?  Suckers.

Really, don't drink the Gaga kool-aid. Take her as the hardest working act in show BIZ she is.

But that's precisely what makes her so special. She's dressed for success. You can dislike her but it's hard to ignore her- I love that.  ;)

And about Kylie..here's an ultra-gay song of hers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZp2bk4YHFY&ob=av2e

Offline mecch

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2011, 07:13:27 am »
I don't dislike Gaga.
Merely my opinion that she's not a "gay icon" in the traditional sense of the term. "Potential gay icon", OK. "Self-annointed Gay Icon" OK.  "Freshly Minted Gay Icon" Ok

Nor is she a legend!

My little hissy fit about this is very gay.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 08:39:01 am »
Hard to ignore Gaga?  I can assure you it's not!  True icons are developed over time, not proclaimed. 
Bette never had to tell us that she was our icon!  She simply was!

An important "how gay are you question" that was overlook is;

Do you participate in ass sex simply to make your partner happy, or do you desire  and want it every day? ;D
Now that should provide some important insight to your "research". ;D
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 10:48:24 am »

No.   

Wouldn't say avid, but did track. Would have been on diving team if we had one.

Languages

No

It's ok but I wouldn't say I was a fan. My daughter did her dissertation on SatC

Haven't seen the movie, but enjoyed the book.

Used to have a pair of Red Converse high-tops.

No.

Use charming in a sarcastic sense, (like when someone burbs) but not the others

Depends on where I'm going

Not unless you consider jeans, tee-shirts, tank-tops and the like fashion. I refuse to wear anything with obvious "designer" labels.

Home interior

Absolutely not. Haven't worn make-up in years and only need basic soaps and moisturisers

Never

Like most music, but lean toward "classic" rock

Is pool (eight-ball) considered culture?

q) When you were a kid (let’s say up until 16) was your best friend someone from the opposite sex?

Yes, still true today

Never

s) If you are a man have you had a pedicure or manicure more than once in your life?

I'm not a man but I've never had either - no wax jobs here either

I Only have one photo, unphotoshopped, taken at 4am

Nope. from the previous answers, do I even remotely sound like one?

v) Do you sometimes feel (or have you ever felt that way) that the world was created just so that you could be born in it ?  ;D

You mean it wasn't?

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Since2005

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 11:24:27 am »
Absolutely not. Haven't worn make-up in years and only need basic soaps and moisturisers

s) If you are a man have you had a pedicure or manicure more than once in your life?
I'm not a man but I've never had either - no wax jobs here either

Ann you are a Tomboy ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:48:35 am by Since2005 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.