Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:19:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 232
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Part II: Jay, Boo & Other Guys, Too  (Read 88506 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Dating Part II: Jay, Boo & Other Guys, Too
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2007, 12:56:36 am »
Hi GFs,

Poor Wes doesn't know what he's doing!  LOL  I have emailed him with directions on how to PM someone and I have alerted the moderators as well!  Goodness, sorry he posted here, was trying to hook him up with a friend that lives close by to him, lol!

~~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2007, 01:43:48 am »
Hi Ladies

I deleted the post that Wes posted...he is probably feeling a little bit sheepish right now.... :D.

I have never posted in your thread, I haven't dated for 42 years... ;)..but I have been reading your posts with interest and catching up with you all.

Take care
Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2007, 01:48:20 am »
Awwwww Jan. I think you and Ann both should post to the thread even though you both are moderators, I am sure you both have a lot of input. 42 years w/o dating? How do you do it or do the llamas keep you too busy? I am betting they have more sense when it comes to mating rituals than some men I have talked to.... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2007, 01:49:38 am »
Hi Jan,

Nice to "meet" you!  Welcome to the "e-soap" as Emeraldize calls it, lol!  Feel free to throw in some advice or bitch, this is our journal here, lol!  And the guys read it, shhhhhhhh!

~~Cindy

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2007, 01:53:41 am »
Hi Ladies

Thanks for the invite, not sure I would have anything interesting to say.

Queenie...it's not the Alpacas that keep me busy, just a husband who refuses to divorce me.... ;) :D

Hugs to you all
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2007, 01:55:16 am »
Hi Jan,

Nice to "meet" you!  Welcome to the "e-soap" as Emeraldize calls it, lol!  Feel free to throw in some advice or bitch, this is our journal here, lol!  And the guys read it, shhhhhhhh!

~~Cindy

I hope they read it cause some of these men need a CLUE and I don't mean the board game, Sister!!!!! Damn and  I thought you raised llamas, please forgive me on the error but to my untrained eye they look alike...

modified for a damn typo, not made by me but my wondering mouse....

(who is dragging her tired ass to bed)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:56:58 am by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2007, 08:04:43 am »
Hello ladies. I also was contacted by noheem and in his message he asked if I could figure him out, I messaged back and asked if he could figure this out, NO. Then I put him on ignore. .Love that block member option on the personals.                                                     Moonlight, It was very nice of you to try to hook Wes up, I believe I have talked to him before on the personals . Matter of fact, I sent him a flirt after he posted. I was just a little confused but that is normal for me.                                                                                                Queen, you are moving in September?   I completely understand not being able to do it alone, I live with family and if it wasn't for them, things would be really hard for me and little Robert.  At some point in time, We will be moving as well but only a couple hundred feet to a very nice trailer on the property.     Good luck to us all.  Cristy                                                     
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 05:47:22 pm by cjc »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2007, 03:25:39 pm »
Hi GFs,

I asked "noheem" how the weather was in Nigeria today?  LOL 

OK, OK, so I couldn't wait and "I" asked Mr. Good Zip Code out to dinner for tonight, on a school night, lol!  Damn neggies have some kinda power over me, lol!  That full moon and Ms. Moonlight here are workin' it something fierce!  I'll let you know how it goes.........  ;D

~Cindy

P.S. - Viv have you read this far yet?  Post over here, GF!  Another sister to join us! 

Also, has anyone seen "Afraid" lately?  I've been thinking about her!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2007, 10:35:55 pm »
Queen, you are moving in September?

Yes, I am hoping to. There is a whole house that I want to move into that is next door to my best friend. It is her landlord so she is suppose to call him for me tomorrow. I was going to start a thread in Off Topic but decided against it because I didn't want to sound needy. The last person who helped me ended up throwing it back in my face later on. So, I will do a shameless plug because ladies seem to understand. If you have anything laying around that you no longer need or want, let me know, I will gladly accept. Apologizes for the hijack...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2007, 10:49:00 pm »
I also was contacted by noheem and in his message he asked if I could figure him out, I messaged back and asked if he could figure this out, NO.                                                     

Big laugh here. No Heem, No You, No Us -- You Deeg?

ML - you asked Noheem about the weather in Nigeria? Did he write back saying "it's hot like me" ?

And Jan/AnnieBC -- As I was reading of your incredibly, enviably long marriage, combined with the four-leggers, I imagined you in a mock tiff saying defiantly, " Well then, Alpaca Bag and Leave You! "
Do I hear rim shot? Faintly?

ML Love the Mr. Good Zipcode name. Great Names. You know, we could come up with a new form of the old Mr. Potato Head Game. Still using a potato for sticking in the plastic gear and appendages of all sorts. Perhaps it could be named Mr. Po-Date-O Head or Mr. The-Date-O Head.  Mr. Norwegian Hot Short Body Big Hands, Etc. Person, for example, could have big plastic hands and a bulge in his red plastic Bermuda shorts.

wrist wreck
Night Night
Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2007, 11:26:06 pm »
Hi GFs~

Date #2 with Mr. Good Zip Code went pretty well, he is a little goofy and a little loud at times, so I had to roll my eyes at him and he got the message.  All in all, a good guy.  Ball is in his court now, we'll see where he runs with it.  He only works three miles from my house! 

My boss who let me go in May from a temp position walked into the restaurant, I don't think he even saw me.  I was looking in case we made eye contact, I was going to be pleasant and say hello, maybe ask how temp #3 was working out?  LOL

Big laugh here. No Heem, No You, No Us -- You Deeg?

Mr. Norwegian Hot Short Body Big Hands, Etc. Person, for example, could have big plastic hands and a bulge in his red plastic Bermuda shorts.

Em~ You are making me pee over here with the "No Heem" thing, omg!  and GF if you had seen the jeans on Mr. HSN with the BIG hands (dammit full moon, sorry).  Hubba hubba...........

My vote is for Mr. Po-Date-Oh head, say it like you need to blow your nose or something!  We'll have to think up new outfits for all of them!  What would your Bakery Man be wearing?   ;)  WHEN is your date?  Spill, GF!   ;D

~Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2007, 03:18:14 am »
Hey GFs~

Found another one, I believe, a SCAMMER!  Anyone been contacted by "rareguy" age 31 out of New Haven CT?  He sends a LINK to an online pic with a celebrity from the movie Baseketball.  So, OK that was in 1998, it says so at the bottom of the pic.......DUH!

I replied with my usual "How's the weather in Nigeria this time of year?"  Nothing ....silence....lol!

~Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2007, 11:46:32 am »
Bakery Man is not back in town yet, so no date's been set, but I committed to telling all y'all. Well, he's not a baker, so it can't be whites---but safari-style shorts and a navy top, something like docksiders---more details to come after the date, I hope.

So glad to make you pee from glee---as I've gotten MANY giggles from this thread. It's my responsibility, I figure, to contribute as much as I can. It's good for our immune systems, you know!!

I'm liking this codespeak for who the f*** are you or do you think I cannot e-drive defensively? " So, how's the weather in Nigeria?" or " Gee, Nigeria must be dreadfully warm right now."  "Why do you wish to leave Nigeria?"

We shoulda seen his jeans, huh? Oh, do tell, ML!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2007, 01:05:42 am »
Hi GFs~

Em!  LOL  "Do tell, ML"  You're a poet and didn't know it, lol.....

Mr. Hot Short Norwegian (5'8" but oh so muscular) called me this evening while I was posting and the phone didn't ring, nothing.  Its a weird connection every time he calls, I never seem to directly get him, he goes to VM.  He left a message and I called back, left a message, his turn now.  Mr. Good Zip Code has been in touch some today, but busy with a home project.  Mr. Randy Andy took me out a few times in early spring, but was all paws, hence the name I have just given him, quite the "randy" one.  I was having trouble with my neck then and my dog had just died and he just irritated me, I wasn't any fun to be around, so I finally wrote him off.  Jay and I were getting closer then and I had all of my eggs in his damn basket.....So, Mr. Randy Andy IMed me tonight and wants to see me again.  I guess the full moon worked in his favor, he's going to call tomorrow, but I still have my high kick in case he acts up.  Promised myself never to go out with him again and now here I am, shit, lol.  An unemployed girl's gotta eat, right?

Jay was online tonight and I almost shit myself.  Jay was online tonight and I almost shit myself.  Jay was online tonight and I almost shit myself.  Jay was online tonight and I almost shit myself.  Shit.

I immediately turned to Queen for her super powers, lol.  Turns out Jay was on there and didn't realize he had signed into Messenger.  It was very strange because earlier in the evening I kept thinking about him and just thought someday he would IM me again.  I have my Ms. Cleo moments now and then, and with the full moon tonight, you know....So, I hit him up and we start chatting, he says he has big news and I freak, thinking he is getting back with his wife or hit the lotto or...Just ask Queen, I was ready to puke over here.  I always think the worst and I haven't IMed this guy in three weeks, only one email in that time, everything went from full-on to zilch during July.  Anyway, turns out he left a toxic job and is filing for divorce now rather than during the winter.   ;D  He got a new attorney, has had the kids at his vacation place and is feeling much better.  How do I know this?  We IMed for a few and he asked if he could call.  Oh boy oh boy oh boy.  Good and bad good and bad....so mixed up with him, if he only knew the damn power he has over me.  I need to read Moffie's post again because he said we (women) have the power, dammit, lol!  Amazing how fast an hour can go by on the phone.  I was so numb, trying to sound upbeat, but I just felt near-dead inside.  I know its nuts, but I almost know for sure that when the dust settles, he will find his way back to me and we can start over.  I am not waiting for him, as I have been dating and trying to distract myself, but Jay is a gem, a really good guy.  Damn I wish he would let me in, but I respect his need to do things his way and get through a very difficult time in his life.  Watch, like I told Queen, he'll come back around in the Fall and by then I'll be maried to a great Poz guy, lol.  Wishful thinking.......  The only cool straight poz guy on the east coast has been in touch with me some, but he's the one that travels for work all over the damn world.  I'll catch up to him sometime, he's a great guy, too, and even in the same state as me!  Woo-hoo!!!!

So, for now I will sit here and sing my Stevie (Nicks) songs and dream.......Maybe life has just begun, and really isn't over like I once thought.....

Thanks for letting me "breathe" here......

~Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2007, 06:28:20 pm »
Hi GFs~

I got an update in my Personals mail.  Seems that "rareguy" age 31 from New Haven CT is a bit confused  :-\

He replied....."ok, didnt quite understand that last one".... ........ previous .......LOL, how's the weather in Nigeria this time of year? LMAO

Um, YEAH.  I wish I had saved the link to his pic, hell I could prob google it and find it myself!  If I do, I'll post it here, cause he's SUCH a dream.

~Cindy

~~~~OMG I found it, lol!  I googled "Baseketball Movie Premiere" and there he was, our "rareguy."  LOL  So, if he is 31 yo NOW, and this movie came out in '98, he was 22yo in this pic?  See the copyright at the bottom of the pic?  You look and be the judge, lmao!

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/0429-bas/Events/0429-bas/vaughnro.ber.html?hint=group

What an ass!  I've emailed Poz and notified them.  You can always email personals@poz.com to report a scammer.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:43:58 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2007, 09:20:38 pm »
Not really much to report. I have been getting a few newbies but what is freaking me out is how they are all saying that they love me after one email/chat or is trying to tell me their definition of love. Is it still the full moon or something? Or now I got one who is cute when I squint my eyes and look at his pic because it is blurry and the zoom feature isn't helping none. But all he wants to do is ask me questions and not even answer his own questions. Me being the blunt person that I am asked, what's up with that? No reply, back to asking about me. And if I didn't answer his replies fast enough, I would get buzzed. How rude. *walks away scratching her head*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2007, 10:15:27 pm »
Oh my God, Queen that guy sounds a little creepy, you should tell him to answer some questions, or you'll block him or something. I don't trust guys like that, it seems they have something to hide.

I know I don't post much on this thread, but here's alittle advice from my husband who is a black belt in jujutsu, he says:

Remember when in trouble,
poke the eye, stomp the foot, kick the groin, and if you give a nice chop to the neck on the carotive artery, it can kill them, but most likely cause severe pain.
Cindy, please be careful when going on this dates, you never know, even if the guy is postive, doesn't make them nice guys automatically.
I pray for all the women to find peace and happiness in they're lives, and of course someone special to share they're lives with.

Get your game on girls, be aware at all times.

Much love always,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2007, 10:27:07 pm »
Hi GFs~

Nic, don't worry, Mr. Randy Andy asked me to come over to his house tonight and I declined.  I know exactly where that will get me -- pissed off at paws.  He needs to man up and take me to dinner, lol.  Mr. Good Zip Code is IMing me, he's a little goofy but I like his humor, it keeps me smiling.

Queen, the full moon will be here a few days, it takes time to calm down, just like we all do, lol!  As far as the *BUZZ* thing on Yahoo, I always reply with *IGNORE*, lol!  I find it irritating and immature, lol.

Oh Mr. 53 just signed in, yeah Baby! 

~Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2007, 11:01:37 am »
ZM - Good advice on the defense. FYI -- it's the carotid artery you're describing. I'd like to add a move I was taught. Pretend as if you are pushing a bar-style door handle to exit a store---using the base of your flattened palm/wrist (with fingers scrunched back creating an upside down U, you then drive it at the perp's nose (as centered as possible) as hard and fast as you can. At a minimum, you can break his nose and at a maximum, you can kill him.

Well, as Church Lady used to say on SNL " Isn't that special?"

Hope everyone's doing well despite the invasion of the Moon-challenged!

Em

edited in honor of Church Lady, actually remembered what she used to say while at work
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:47:58 pm by emeraldize »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2007, 12:15:44 pm »
Bites, Bites, I got bites. And not bug bites either.  I'm emailing this one guy that lives in NC and another one in Virginia. So, i might have a date soon , if they don't turn out to be freaks. They seem nice so far.  EM, the needy one from Florida keeps calling but I don't feel like dealing with a 32 YO child.    Oh, 1 of the guys is off that Positive Singles site. The one we called herpes.com. There is a lot of that but also a couple HIV+ guys.         ML, Messaged our mutual friend but I guess he's really shy cause he hasn't written back. Maybe he will.  Okay, that's Cristy's update on the dating scene. I will update the Hysto thread tomorrow after my  followup appointment.  Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2007, 08:50:21 pm »
Christy~~

Glad you are getting some bites. I have too but they all seem to be freaking Humpers. I see enough dry humping out of my cat, I don't need to have someone latched to my leg. I still haven't heard from Boo. I am worried though. Moon and I put our heads together on some way to try to find him, if he's back in the hospital but I don't have enough information. I can see myself now trying to explain how I know the man and why don't I know his last name etc.. I am sad about it but am trying not to fear the worst. Other than that, it has been quiet on my end. I have just been feeling really tired lately. Last night I was in bed before 1 am.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2007, 10:20:41 pm »
Okay, here's a Milton Bradley game we women can play. Its called Pro Bono Editor (yes, you skanky playful thinkers, I thought about calling it Pro Boner Editor, but did not want to alienate any interested players.)

I've copied and pasted exactly the About Me portion of a POZ personals ad for a straight male. Here's the rules thus far. (which are open to editing as this is a game in the process of development including a new name!)

Read the text and then state what caught your attention in a good way and what turned you off. Then, edit his text in a way that you think might improve his odds in the marketplace. After we select best text by voting points from 1 - 5 five being highest, we'll e-mail it to him and let him know we think he'll increase his odds of being contacted if he changes his text! No, we won't encourage him to seek counseling even if we're sure he could use it.

I am honest and sincere I have been alone a long time now. I am trying to get back in life after a very long time by myself,need someone to fool around with,cuddle after a hot time in bed and do it many times in one night.When i find the right woman i am sincere and i will take good care of you,you will have nothing to worry about if you are true to your heart E-mail me and lets begin a wonderful feeling and joyful times.

The winner gets to go onto POZ find a target straight male whose copy needs pro bono-rific help and copy the text to start the next round!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:24:21 pm by emeraldize »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2007, 11:46:31 pm »
Hi GFs~

Queen you are tired from high sugars!  Try to eat low carb at dinner and in the evening when you are less active (unless there's something you haven't told me  ;) )  This may help some until you get on your insulin.....

Em~

That guy gets a 1 out of 5 from me, lol!  I am "Ms. Cleo" here with scary intuition, and my bar is set pretty damn high

I am honest and sincere I have been alone a long time now. I am trying to get back in life after a very long time by myself,need someone to fool around with,cuddle after a hot time in bed and do it many times in one night.When i find the right woman i am sincere and i will take good care of you,you will have nothing to worry about if you are true to your heart E-mail me and lets begin a wonderful feeling and joyful times.

This guy is a loser unless he just wants a HO.  Can we give him a zero or does he get a 1 because he's breathing?  I dub him Mr. LOSER, lol!

~Cindy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2007, 02:56:37 am »
He is honest and sincere alright...

If I'd have written a personals ad when I was unattached (which I did), I would have to do a lot of camouflaging (which he didn't do) of the basic "horny 'n lonely" feelings.

That's the main thing. You don't have to write everything you crave the most in your ad (if this is really all that goes in his mind he is not such a creep... just some ol' fashioned rolling in the hay, could be a lot worse, there is one guy whose profile is pretty explcit about his S&M preferences "you should look good in an evening dress and in bondage", something like that.

He should write something like "Hi I'm X from X. X years old. I do this and that. Into this and that. Look like this and that. Honest and sincrere, looking for an meaningful LTR. with all the benefits, for hopefully some great feelings and joyful times" It's pretty clear you're horny and lonely... that's pretty much a given. and there's no need for all the "shopping channel" "call now, get on that phone" urging either.

But on the other hand it's good that people were their heart (and ****) on their sleeves, that's way whoever's not up for MANY times in one night (it's been a long time since I've dated 18 year olds) would know that this is not up her alley, so to speak.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2007, 07:29:42 am »
Hi DRAG and ML!

This was  interesting!! Yes, ML, he at least gets a 1 for a pulse. 0 would indicate not breathing. :D

I hoped I wasn't being ultra-prudish, but I find so many profiles are just incredibly non-fetching especially the ones that show the man with his shirt off when it should probably be on. Drag, that S&M one -- whew!! but, hey there just might be a gal whose planets are perfectly aligned with his---I just find that hanging the blatant shingles out is such a turn off.

I found it interesting that for someone whose been alone for a looooooong time, how does he know he's still got that Viagrability?

I thought the ending was killer, in the most literal sense...Let's begin a wonderful feeling...I'll send the pooled edit suggestions to this MARYLAND profile and see if he appreciates the input. I think some of these men are clueless as to how to market themselves.

Anyhoo, shelving the digression, back to the vicarious vibrant tag-alongs with the stories of ML and GQ. I am assuming you are still content Drag? And Cristy, you have fleas? You are being bitten repeatedly?  ::) Goodie.

I corresponded for a while nearly two years ago with a guy from NC, lost track of him----nice person, self-employed, distance was going to be a factor from my end, but he is bright, decent-looking and introspective. I hope, for your sake, it is the same guy or someone similar.

GQ - Sheer frustration on the Boo saga, I'm sure. If he re-surfaces, maybe it's time to explain the lengths to which you were willing to go to learn if and where he's hospitalized. Maybe that would cause him to start communicating directly or give you a way to do so---especially if he doesn't have family..

Well, heck, I'd like to stay on longer as my wrist is hanging in, but it's a day off that's loaded with To Do's galore.

I do hope we hear from Belief. I will send her a PM to let her know we're thinking of her.

Em

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2007, 09:45:11 am »
Hiya Em

Belief wrote on the Living With, it appears that she's doing OK, all things considered.

Me, my "man troubles" don't fall within the scope of this thread really. It is not man troubles in fact, more like the clouds looming on the horizon and getting closer and closer - my BF's contract up soon, he doesn't know what to do, employment options are very limited here (not to mention nonexistent), meanwhile I am still binded, etc etc.

He does want to stay though and is willing even to go on the Dutch dole for a while (not an easy feat). Ultimately we will have to relocate though, he can't stay here forever. And I will go with him, even if he moves to Iraq! But probabaly he will just go back to Spain, which will put me in the line of vision of his family, who are ultra-conservative and old-fashioned Catholics - v. nice people though, can't speak a word of English but welcomed me into their home, however, they know nothing about the real me. They would be shocked to find out that I have tattoos let alone you know what... - but I will worry about that when the time comes. Ah who am I kidding, i do worry constantly, but try to keep it under some control. It's just scary to imagine what will happen, where would we go. We have it so good here, I really don't want to leave now. But if this isn't true love, then I don't know what is, so of course I'll leave if I have to. He doesn't want us to relocate either, unless there is no other option.

Thanks for asking...

Keeping an eye out on this thread and in general, and thinking many thoughts and sending good vibes down everyone's ways.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Melodie206

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2007, 10:43:57 am »
Hello Ladies,
Am new at this but just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all a great day!!!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2007, 12:42:29 pm »
Hello Melodie and Welcome !!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2007, 02:45:33 pm »
Hi Melodie...When you feel like sharing more about yourself, there is a introduction thread. I look forward to getting to know you..
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2007, 06:08:17 pm »
Hi Mel,

Welcome to the threads here!  You'll find them (and ultimately "US") to be very entertaining!  But we're here to lean on, too, for anything and everything!

Em~ 

Um, I don't think we should be emailing "Horn Dogs" revised versions of their profiles which don't capture the "true essence"  (LOL) of who they really are.  Why help out a dumbass if he's just that, a dumbass?  You know I am saying all of this in good fun, but you know "First impressions LAST." 

Now do you believe me when I complain about pos men in MARYLAND?  That's where I live!  The pos guys here are simple, redneck hairballs, and the good ones are still hiding somewhere!  I bet that guy likes NASCAR and a cold one?  NOT MY type!

I would love for you to tell me what CITY this guy is from.  I would bet money he is right near Baltimore!  Redneck capital of the east coast!  Please let me know, lol!

I have a date with a new neggie this weekend.  He is older, but not like Mr. 53   ;D.  This guy is 51  :o  and is a biomedical research kinda guy, also goes shark diving and films little bits for Discovery channel.  Poor man, he invited me to his house for a dip in the pool as our first date.  He asked me this on the phone, and I playfully shot back, "Sweetie, that's NOT a very good idea for a first date.  How about we do dinner instead?"  LOL  Sometimes I wonder about guys, gheez.  Nunnery, anyone?  Regardless, I am wondering how much he knows about HIV because of the work he does.  Probably a lot.   I was online with him last week when my insulin pump wasn't working right, he was my "Help Desk" guy that I mentioned somewhere earlier, but I'll just refer to him as Mr. Researcher, yeah, that's easy to type!  LOL

I have two job interviews tomorrow, the first at 9am!  OMG  I have stayed up until 4am and 5am sometimes lately, so early to bed for me tonight!  I did a phone interview with this company last week, and the assistant and I spoke for nearly an hour.  I think she is as excited to meet me as I am to meet her.  And get this, the building is RIGHT next to the job that let me go in May where I was temping, lol!  Hee hee!   :D  I can wave and smile!

OK, so I gotta relax tonight, don't worry if I'm not around tonight, I'm just taking it easy.

Damn, still have Jay on the brain.  If only he could read all of these threads, ugh!

~Cindy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2007, 07:57:05 pm »
And Cristy, you have fleas? You are being bitten repeatedly?  ::) Goodie.

I corresponded for a while nearly two years ago with a guy from NC, lost track of him----nice person, self-employed, distance was going to be a factor from my end, but he is bright, decent-looking and introspective. I hope, for your sake, it is the same guy or someone similar.

Em , I love your sense of humor.. The cats have fleas' , not me. But I talked to the NC guy last night for about an hour. Very nice fella. I will talk to him again tomorrow as I am kinda emotionally tired today and don't really feel like talking on the phone. I did leave him a voice message so he wouldn't think I was blowing him off.           Queen, sorry about the humpers, I get some of those , too. Hope you hear from boo. Also I wish I had some household stuff to send you but I will be in the same boat come Nov. or sooner. I hope you can get the things you need.                                                       ML, congrats on the 2 job interviews. I love your new picture on the feature.. Sorry about Jay but glad you got another date. I envy you your social life, sometimes. Good luck.     Cristy                            PS, Em , we do have some of the strangest/prettiest insects where I am live. Maybe it's the rural location but most of them don;'t bite.  C

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2007, 11:39:40 pm »
Hi Cristy

Glad you get my sense of humor---just jaggin' ya about the fleas. I hope the NC connection proves to be fun!!

ML, Nope, I'm not sending the guy any text. 'Twas my mind meandering when I could have been doing laundry or reading something timely.  I realize it's infinitely better that he doth let his colors fly and help us to never click on " contact" as a reaction. BTW - BALTIMORE -- you are so regionally on target!

Could you come up with any more neggie dates, child? Jeez, leave some for the rest of the world, will ya?

Congrats on the interviews--I hope they go well. I have one next week and am most hopeful it goes well.

Night Night all.
Em

tendai

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2007, 06:00:03 am »
Dating? well my latest experience went like this. met this guy he gave me a lift to work and suggested drinks after work so i agreed and we went right? so we had a nice evening and all just talking general stuff but it was a lot of fun, we didnt get too personal.   we went out a few more times then he suggests
 "lets go somewhere where we can be alone i need you tonight"
 i say "lets go to your house"
he says "well my MAID is there and she goes to church"
i'm thinking what does his maid have to do with bringing people to his own house?
anyway i made excuses and we didnt go.  we saw each other a few more times and on one occasion he tells me his house got broken into by armed robbers and they held his MAID at gunpoint while they took his decoder and radio and other stuff.
so like i know he has kids coz he drops them off at school close to where i stay and i gave him the benefit of the doubt that he may be widowed or divorced so i didnt want to press the 'are u married' line a lot in case i was treading on sensitive ground. (lame excuse i know)
so what happens is these days due to our government ordering everyone to reduce prices our commuter buses arent on the road coz they cant get any fuel so getting home is a big problem we stand around the bus stop for at least an hour before we get a bus. so anyway i'm standing there and there he appears and i think "sheesh i never realised how tall this guy is i should go talk to him" but then he disappeared trying to get into a bus that had come.  i assume he's gone then he reappears and he's with this woman.  he sees me and he visibly recoils and makes like he's going to turn away, then he moves forward and goes and stands far ahead in the crowd.  the woman folllows him and i'm thinking 'so this must be the MAID'.
few minutes later some buses come and there's only a few of us left coz the stampede boarding the buses is too much for some of us. a combi comes and we get in nicely and sit down and i'm sitting in the sea behind them and staring holes into the back of his head.  then someone disembarks and i end up sitting next to them right beside the MAID.  i almost laughed.  i wondered should i phone him or text him and see how he reacts? should i greet him?  of course being the coward that i am i didnt do anything coz u never know what a cornered philanderer might do. the people behind me must have thot i was crazy or someting coz i was just shaking my head the whole journey home. i was the first person out of the bus and went on my way without looking for them.  there u go. i mean at least things never went too far with him , imagine if i'd fallen in love with him or something? lucky for me my cynicism (sp) protects me from that.
thats my latest story as far as dating goes. knowing me  i'm pretty sure there'll be more
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:12:18 am by tendai »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2007, 08:01:19 am »
MAID, huh? That's a good one. Seems like it  could be his codespeak for wife. In his case think of it as Man Acting Incredibly Deceitfully. Send him a thank you note for saving you time which you can use to find a better person.

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2007, 11:00:01 pm »
Hi Ladies

New to this blog and hoping you don't mind that I have been reading.  Me just broke up with my boyfriend who is + and feeling like I will not find anyone that I like or want to like.  Well, nice to meet you and I hope to be more interactive soon.

K

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2007, 11:36:52 pm »
Hello, Sunseeker, Welcome to the forums. We started a third dating thread so it won't take as long to load. Feel to check it out.  Cristy

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2007, 11:52:55 pm »
Thanks Cristy I will.

Sunseeker.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.