Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:33:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772786
  • Total Topics: 66297
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 212
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Oh! Don't! Stop! Oh! Don't! Stop!  (Read 4523 times)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Oh! Don't! Stop! Oh! Don't! Stop!
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:04:59 am »
No, its not Lwood. He has a cuter tush than I do.

I have been pickling jalepeños this morning. I thought, what the heck, I'll just get out of the way before I go to work.

Wrong idea.

I knew some of my garden goodies were a tad caliente. I didn't realize they would make my fingertips burn.

They do. OUCH! Boy, are they gonna make some yummy nachos - but not for the gingos out there.

Y'all better stick to those "tamed" jalepeños they serve at most of the chain restaurants.

Anybody got a good recipe for tomatillo salsa? I have lots of tomatillos (they have become indiginous to my garden. I no longer have to plant them, they just grow wiild.)

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Oh! Don't! Stop! Oh! Don't! Stop!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:10:33 am »
I have been pickling jalepeños this morning. I thought, what the heck, I'll just get out of the way before I go to work.

Wrong idea.

I knew some of my garden goodies were a tad caliente. I didn't realize they would make my fingertips burn.

They do. OUCH!

oh congrats  8) next time use a paper napkin

Offline Iggy

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:11:16 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:14:59 pm by Iggy »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:14:15 am »
Hmmmm, kind of a natural hot lube, eh?

Never thought of that - until now!  ;D

SIZZLES,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 10:37:01 am »
Under no circumstances rub your eyes...I made that mistake before. :'(

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 10:49:15 am »
or apparrently your balls!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 11:36:36 am »
I too have a bumper crop of Jalapenos since tha latest rains...  when the seed package is labeled " Hybrid For Increased Yield"   they aint B.S. ing..  Ive gotten into the habit of letting them ripen all the way until they turn red..
I have pickled them, smoked them ( you know for Chipoltes, ) stuffed, battered and deep fried them... hot little Bastards too   you definitely 'Feel The Burn' the next day     

Anyway... Tomatillo salsa is near and dear to my heart, perhaps its the fact that they have foreskin.... Im sure you have the basic recipe,,  I recently came across a new technique in a cooking mag. about some 'ol boy that fire roasts his tomatillos on the wood/charcoal grill instead if boiling them... sounds worth a try especially if you have plenty to spare for some experimentation.. might as well char the peppers too while youre at it.. I like a mix of red and green Jalapenos just to say I did, although the color might not be such a nice bright green..
 Another nice change is to use fried plantain chips instead of Tortilla Chips, fried plantain slices also make for some unique nachos...
If you dont feel like firing up the grill, Ive had pretty good luck using a blowtorch... it has a remarkable  range of uses in  cooking, and nothing beats it for charring the skin on peppers... the skin just wipes off... ( Do this outside though )  dont forget the Cilantro,, ....      just 2¢  from a fellow Gringo...
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 01:19:57 pm »
I had two types of pepper plants I inherited from a neighbor who moved...I brought them back to life
and then gave them to a dear friend.  He reports one is a hot pepper plant and the peppers are
quite HOT....Glad I gave em away.

No recipes here either........but please WASH your hands Mark!
Cock Flambe' or Balls Jubilee are not popular ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 12:59:52 pm »
this is interesting - it's about 1 way peppers can be beneficial for nasal issues

http://www.sinusbuster.com/thestory/index.html

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 07:35:12 pm »
under no circumstances are you stick your fingers up your or anybody else's ass
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 01:37:20 am »
Sliced jalepeños for a salad then about an hour later I took out my contact lenses. It was a bad choice.

Jalepeños are great in salad and gazpacho, but not in one's eyes. Take note.

latinscorpio75

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 04:41:14 pm »
Roast the tomatillos and the jalapenos, add some onion, cilantro and a pinch of salt and blend to a chunky salsa.  the food processor works best. enjoy with chips, oven an omelette, or with your favorite burrito or taco.

Offline Rhino

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 09:11:06 pm »
Now that's what I'm taking about latin. Just keep a tall cool drink nearby.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 09:54:54 pm »
Thanks guys, really do appreciate it... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.