Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:46:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 637
Total: 638

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: all new to this though very aware  (Read 5168 times)

Offline tower1974

all new to this though very aware
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:27:31 pm »
im in ling term realtionship with a man of my life(man here too). in ugly way i found out that he is positive 2 days ago  after 1.5 years living togerhter...(we were never tested). i got my self tested 2 days ago and i am negative...We have not had any "high risk" sexual contact for more than a year...though few weeks ago we had  unpr oral sex....which everyone say very low risk icluding mu councel ...Upset cause i did not find this from him...and not sure what to do next...

Regards to all

Offline fallbabe

Re: all new to this though very aware
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:45 am »
Hello Tower1974
I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone.  I found out in May 2008 that the "man of my life" is positive.  At that time we had been living together for almost exactly 2.5 years.  Neither of us had a clue.  I, like you had not had not had high risk sex the 6 months before his diagnosis and haven't had sex since (this is our hurdle to cross). I  tested right away and was negative.  I have since tested twice more and am still negative.  My best advice is to continue to love and support him.  As for yourself, I know 1st hand the thoughts that must be going thru your head.  Find comfort in your closest friends and and in each other. You guys can be the strength that one another need.  My boyfriend is such an inspiration to me and I believe he would have never knowingly put me in an unhealthy situation.  I have read these forums for months now and I feel like there is really some great information and great support here.  I hope you also find the comfort I have found from it.
Best of luck to you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: all new to this though very aware
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:41:38 am »
Welcome, Tower. Well it's understandable that your world has been rocked by this turn of events. It's good that you're getting tested. Do it at 13 weeks after the last unprotected sex just to confirm that earlier result.

If you want to maintain intimacy -- sexual and otherwise with your bf, then you guys need to be talking with each other. Without "dumping," stay real about where you are at and how you are feeling. This is a challenging situation to deal with, but you need to know that many thousands of sero-discordant couples, (both gay and straight), are sharing good lives together including sexually. It does take some work but hopefully the good in your relationship is good enough to make you both put out the effort.

Of course if you are having anal intercourse, whoever is the insertive partner always needs to wear a condom. No exceptions.

Meanwhile, you are welcome here to talk about whatever is on your mind and to ask questions. 

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.