Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:02:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 671
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 647
Total: 649

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Poz Cruises: How white is this?  (Read 10021 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Poz Cruises: How white is this?
« on: June 07, 2014, 01:33:31 pm »
Oh Lord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bdG6qMtJA

Also I'm sorry for posting a link to HIV denialist earlier. I forgot about the very sensible rules on that matter that apply in this place. It's just that he's a bit cute and I can't resist a Joisy accent.

(If you'd like the link drop me a PM.)

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Poz Cruises: How white is this?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 02:51:35 am »
"The fallopian tube of Belize"? Really? Not the vas deferens?

Also I'm sorry for posting a link to HIV denialist earlier. I forgot about the very sensible rules on that matter that apply in this place. It's just that he's a bit cute and I can't resist a Joisy accent.

I figured you forgot. He is a bit cute and I kinda like the accent too - it's just a shame what comes out of his mouth.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:26:33 am »
Are you talking about the man speaking at the beginning of the video -- that isn't an accent from New Jersey. He's from Louisiana.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:28:02 am »
Are you talking about the man speaking at the beginning of the video -- that isn't an accent from New Jersey. He's from Louisiana.

He's talking about the denialist jerk in the video he posted yesterday.

Do keep up, dear.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:41:37 am »
Had I known that I was going to be featured so prominently in denia-dick's video, I would have made better use of spell check in my post in the thread he referenced - Oh well, I guess our 15 minutes of fame comes in all shapes and sizes....

;D
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 09:49:39 am »
He's talking about the denialist jerk in the video he posted yesterday.

Do keep up, dear.

At any rate, there is no such thing as a "New Jersey accent" -- it's either a New York City accent or a Philadelphian accent that residents of that that state possess.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 10:33:59 am »
At any rate, there is no such thing as a "New Jersey accent" -- it's either a New York City accent or a Philadelphian accent that residents of that that state possess.

I beg to differ, as a born and raised New Jerseyite.  You're perpetuating the stereotype that everything in New Jersey is a spillover from New York or Philadelphia.  You're offending my ethnic and family origins, and I should report you to the moderator.  ;)   :P   8)

Here's a tip: if actually someone pronounces it as "Joisey" or "Joysey", they are generally from New York, not New Jersey.  Ironic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:36:50 am by Buckmark »
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 11:29:40 am »
I beg to differ, as a born and raised New Jerseyite.  You're perpetuating the stereotype that everything in New Jersey is a spillover from New York or Philadelphia.  You're offending my ethnic and family origins, and I should report you to the moderator.  ;)   :P   8)

Here's a tip: if actually someone pronounces it as "Joisey" or "Joysey", they are generally from New York, not New Jersey.  Ironic.

According to linguists my assessment is correct -- central and south Jersey have a Philadelphia accent while the northern quarter of the state has a New York accent.

The Philadelphia accent is so difficult for actors to master that inevitably any movie set here uses a New York accent instead, with few exceptions. I've lived here a decade and cannot do a local accent, and even though I grew up in northern Virginia if I ask locals what my accent is they say "upstate New York", basically meaning they have no clue. Technically I have an "East Midlands" accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_English_dialects

Anyway, you've lived in Texas so long you're irrelevant.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:37:47 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 11:55:39 am »
According to linguists my assessment is correct -- central and south Jersey have a Philadelphia accent while the northern quarter of the state has a New York accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_English_dialects

I don't think the article you cited supports your assertion.  But I know how you love to be the contrarian.

Anyway, you've lived in Texas so long you're irrelevant.

You're so mean-spirited this morning!  Have you run out of klonopin?

Matty and the moderators can now chide us for going off-topic in this thread.

So, regarding the cruise:  it does look decidedly "white bread", but then cruises do not appeal to me very much.   Maybe I haven't been on the right cruise.  This is about the point where Bocker should chime in.

The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 12:01:35 pm »

So, regarding the cruise:  it does look decidedly "white bread", but then cruises do not appeal to me very much.   Maybe I haven't been on the right cruise.  This is about the point where Bocker should chime in.

You have sea sickness so I can understand why checking into a hotel that goes out to sea is not you cup of tea . Its not like you can change your mind and have the capt. turn around .

I have a friend who loves to cruise and his husband gets very sick every time out but still goes right along with the plans every year to be sick for two weeks even with sea sick meds  . I would not go if it were me . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 12:29:25 pm »
If you want super-white gay even you simply must see Independence Day circuit parties in Provincetown.

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »
You have sea sickness so I can understand why checking into a hotel that goes out to sea is not you cup of tea . Its not like you can change your mind and have the capt. turn around .

True, though I do have a cabinet full of fabulous anti-nausea meds leftover from chemo.  Hmmmm....

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 12:31:36 pm »
True, though I do have a cabinet full of fabulous anti-nausea meds leftover from chemo.  Hmmmm....

I would go on a cruise with friends like you ... I would like a Mediterranean or an Alaska cruise . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »
The best cruise I have ever taken was on a small ship, 2,500 passengers that was one of the fastest cruise ships when it was built.  We did a three continent tour, Europe, Asia and Africa in 14 days.  We left from Athens, went to Mikonos, Santarini, Cyprus, Istanbul, Cairo, Ephisus, Rhodes and Masada.

The smaller ship was easier to dock in any port and visiting each port was much easier with so few passengers.  We also spent overnight in some ports, which is very unusual for most cruises.  It was a dream cruise and if you decide to try one, look for a cruise line that is launching a new ship, not an aircraft carrier and most will offer discounted prices on the new ship itinerary to ensure full bookings and to get some attention on their new ship.

Joe

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 09:33:22 pm »
This is about the point where Bocker should chime in.

Sorry I'm running late Henry.......    ;)

This actually looks fab......  I've actually done the cave tubing in Belize..... Twice.  It was fun.

Yes, I do love cruising, but I don't get sea-sick.  We have 4 cruises booked right now, over the next 18 months.

Jeff - Alaska and the Med were great cruises - highly recommend them!

Mike

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 08:56:20 am »

Henry!

I thought you were from CT?

MtD

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:53 am »
Getting back to the cruise thing I tried to watch the whole video , failed , Having to be that happy would kill me , plus I hate the smell off moisturizer and something tells me it would be hard to escape it .

I enjoyed all the sailing I ,ve done and would jump at the chance off a mid size schooner , max 24 passangers , my own cabin ,that would make me a happy camper.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 10:21:22 am »
Henry!

I thought you were from CT?

MtD

Dearest Matty, I'm not highbrow enough to be a Connecticut Yankee.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 11:20:13 am »
Dearest Matty, I'm not highbrow enough to be a Connecticut Yankee.

It didn't stop me from moving here. I'm trying my best to reduce the average highbrow population.  :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 12:13:53 pm »
It didn't stop me from moving here. I'm trying my best to reduce the average highbrow population.  :)

You should just shave your brow and paint them on way up high so you look perpetually surprised .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »
Don't let Granny fool you -- she prides herself on being high brow.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 12:19:25 pm »
Don't let Granny fool you -- she prides herself on being high brow.

She gonna luv it at my house .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »
She gonna luv it at my house .

Do you have mosquito nets over the four poster beds?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 01:21:02 pm »
Do you have mosquito nets over the four poster beds?

There is a fly swatter by the semen soaked mattress in the guest room .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »

So you based your Deco on Spanish Gay Hotels circa late 80,s early 90,s an overlooked period in decorating .
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 04:44:20 pm »
So you based your Deco on Spanish Gay Hotels circa late 80,s early 90,s an overlooked period in decorating .

... with a lot of leopard print. Mark should bring a safari hat for this trip.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »

Sounds very homey to me. Those extra amenities always make a big difference.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 05:02:20 pm »
... with a lot of leopard print. Mark should bring a safari hat for this trip.

The Garden though is a delight . I am saving for a trip and my first bullet proof vest.  I am sure RL has one in his secret line. Though off course I will find a beaut in Tweed in a quiet Scottish Charity Shop , donated by the late Lairds long term " friend " , who is now mostly based in Amsterdam .

Offline Theyer

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 01:57:52 pm »
Have watched this again ,this time with the sound and all the way through to the end to discover it was a ADVERTISEMENT for the next cruise.

Am now profoundly depressed why is it when I watch all these happy shiny people  I think off spiking the morning coffee with  LSD? On the Day they visit the Mayan Housing estate.

Jealousy ?

Mind you it would make a great setting for a who dunnit . With the main organizer killing all who know he,s actually negative.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.