Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:49:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Other HIV forums?  (Read 21529 times)

Offline gregftl

• Standard
Other HIV forums?
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:22:15 pm »
Anyone know of any really good HIV forums besides this one?

Thanks
Greg

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Other HIV forums?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:35:35 pm »
Manhunt
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »
thebody.com has forums as well, but they are not as well structured and BADLY moderated. This one might well be the best on the web.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 04:56:54 pm »
thebody.com has forums as well, but they are not as well structured and BADLY moderated. This one might well be the best on the web.

Yeah thebody lets people post stuff about being infected while plowing a girl behind a corner store with a 40 ounce in one hand and dealing crack with the other.... that gangsta would prolly have kicked my ass for reals.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:06:07 pm »
Anyone know of any really good HIV forums besides this one?

Thanks
Greg

I suppose this is goodbye.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »
No it's not goodbye it's just rare that someone replies to some of the threads. Esp people from down here where I live. Whenever I ask a question about stuff in florida no one where i live ever responds.

Offline weasel

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 07:54:43 pm »

Hi Greg ,
                You will find that on most sites .

I know a lot of people  that    " Claim "  to  live in other places rather than

admit  they live in Missouri  or  Connecticut or where ever they live  :o

Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 08:04:01 pm »
Whenever I ask a question about stuff in florida no one where i live ever responds.

Well,  Perhaps some don't have have the answers to all your questions.  I live in Florida,  and don't have all the answers. Why not go to the source, to your ASO for the correct answers to some of your questions.  For medical questions, directly to your doctor.

Ray
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:06:09 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 08:15:50 pm »
i'm not looking for answers......i'm looking for responses and opinions. that's what forums are for

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 08:24:59 pm »
i'm not looking for answers......i'm looking for responses and opinions. that's what forums are for

You stated right here:

Whenever I ask a question about stuff in florida no one where i live ever responds.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 08:28:11 pm »
yes...i used the word "responds". i didnt say no one ever answers my questions. a response doesnt necessarily mean an answer........

in addition this thread was started just to find out if there are any other hiv boards.............not to debate semantics of wording. your input to this thread is off topic.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:32:22 pm by gregftl »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »
your input to this thread is off topic.

Hey, do not jump on Ray (JRE).  He's one of the kindest, even-tempered persons on these forums.  He's simply replying to what he read the post to mean.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »
TPAN has forums.  I have no idea how effective they are, or how much participation there is.

http://www.positivelyaware.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 08:42:52 pm »
Hey, do not jump on Ray (JRE).  He's one of the kindest, even-tempered persons on these forums.  He's simply replying to what he read the post to mean.

Kissy kiss !!    :-*

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:45 pm »
Hey Greg,
I'm in FL (FTL) also, and while I'm newly diagnosed I have noticed your posts. Usually they are pretty specific about ADAP or Ryan WHite so I haven't had any input. I hope you find a forum which can assist you in the FL related questions you have, but I really hope you stay here and get involved in some of the other posts that are more generalized. We really have an amazingly knowledgable group here and IMO better advice would be hard to find :)
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 06:52:18 pm »
Is there an ASO nearby? If you are hunting for geographically specific stuff, like funding and getting into ADAP, then that would be a terrific place to start. I am in GA, so I don't think I could be of much help in any specific way.

But it would be a shame to see ya go :)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 07:27:03 pm »
But it would be a shame to see ya go :)
No it's not goodbye
the way I read it, gregftl said he wasn't going anywhere, he was just looking for proof that anyone ever read his posts  :D although I bet greg was probably hoping to get some decent responses too.

Sadly, like most of us, we're too scattered about to actually be a ton of help to each other as far as local regulations. Of course, some people don't have access to any ASOs either, and hope to use this site to get the information they need. Oddly enough it took me moving to a location in SC a third of the size of where I used to live for 20 yrs in OH to finally have access to an ASO. Until this last year, this site was my main source of information.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 08:20:04 pm »

Sadly, like most of us, we're too scattered about to actually be a ton of help to each other as far as local regulations.

And Greg is from Broward county. I am from Pinellas, and it's different like night and day. And as far as the services, or what may be offered county by county. I haven't used the services as Greg has, so I am not familiar with them. So, I guess I am no help either. Except, we do vote, and we can still write our local and state representatives.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 09:15:56 pm »
we can still write our local and state representatives.
glad to hear that, because it sure is needed! ;)

according to the latest ADAP watch that I posted about recently, Florida is in a heap o' trouble as the state just added another 200+ to their waiting list bringing the total of untreated HIV patients who need medication to over 1700!!

Since there have also been eligibility changes to the Ryan White funds that greg mentioned in another thread, along with these ADAP troubles, although you don't know the answers to any of his specific questions, I'm sure that greg and others with the same problems in your state are grateful for your letters/calls to the state legislature trying to keep appropriate access to health care and medicines open for them.

Heaven knows, even though I don't use ADAP, I've been fighting these same kind of issues too up here in SC for those that do need help from ADAP, and I wish you the best of luck. ;) Some federal funds recently came through here and cleared up a good portion of our ADAP waiting list but there are still over 100 people waiting for ADAP to help them out. Hopefully something will come through to help down there in FL soon.

Sadly, the latest SC news is that because our legislature underfunded ADAP we run the risk of less federal funds in the future which means we'll probably be having ADAP waiting lists and eligibility changes next year, and the next year, and the next ...  while the numbers of newly diagnosed keeps rising and rising ... sigh!

But I keep writing my senators and reps (both state and federal) and carrying signs at the rallies at the state capital. I'm attending a state conference next month (on STDs and HIV) where I'll be meeting up again with the folks from the SC HIV/AIDS Crisis Care Task Force and hopefully they'll have some more ways for me to try to help bring about awareness of and change for this problem.

best wishes and good luck down there, Ray!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 09:25:55 pm »
u wuld think though that since broward county has one of the highest populations of hiv in the country we'd see more people on  here from where i live. oh well maybe alot of people with hiv dont do the public forums thing

and u are right leatherman about florida. over 1700 people on the adap waiting list. it's like living back in the 1980's down here. it's barbaric. this state misuses so much of the funding they get. wasteful at the expense of people's lives
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:27:39 pm by gregftl »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 09:55:10 pm »
one reason, of course, is access. When you're fighting to keep your housing and getting meds, or even on disability, internet access is a luxury. A lot of people with HIV also have to fight poverty (it's a pretty high 12% in your county) and often times after the basic utilities there just aren't funds for things like cars, cable, internet or even phones.

I myself, receiving disability, have spent months and months at a time over the years without internet access - especially when my gas heating bills would go up to $500+ a month during winter up in OH. A lot of the people that I've met through my new ASO here in SC don't have phones, cars, or the net (or even computers!  :o ) so I only have contact with them at the social events the ASO sponsors.

Also consider that the total amt of people in the US living with AIDS is 470,902 (statehealthfacts.org) and at 9:46pm it says that there are 12,364 members registered here - that's not even 3% of the PLWA, much less when you add in the people only diagnosed HIV+, so there are alot of pozzies in America that you won't find here.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »
I always thought that 470,000 number was a low figure. I wonder if they count in to that number the number of people that have hiv that dont even know it

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 11:22:10 pm »
I always thought that 470,000 number was a low figure. I wonder if they count in to that number the number of people that have hiv that dont even know it
no that's the number of "people living with an AIDS diagnosis". they don't even begin to guess at the total number of HIV positive people. Since most people, with meds and diagnosed early, can go on to live without progressing to AIDS, all places like statehealthfacts.org and individual states can do is report the number of new cases of HIV diagnosed each year. Of course, some people were reported in the HIV+ number and at some point later convert into the living with AIDS number; so, there is no easily discerned number of the total of HIV+ people (with or without being AIDS) living in the states available.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 07:27:00 am »

Also consider that the total amt of people in the US living with AIDS is 470,902 (statehealthfacts.org) and at 9:46pm it says that there are 12,364 members registered here - that's not even 3% of the PLWA, much less when you add in the people only diagnosed HIV+, so there are alot of pozzies in America that you won't find here.

Actually its a few orders of magnitude smaller than that.

Not every member is from the US
Many people register and never post or only post once
There's only about 2400 with at least 10 posts -- and lots of them haven't been here in months/years.
And many are from the Am I forums...

Probably the best statistic to use to see how big the forums are if you are trying to get a response to a very specific question is the number of posts per day.  The stats page (http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=stats) shows 262 posts per day as the average.  

So think of this as a homey place with a person or two from widely scatterd parts of the world.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:29:08 am by Assurbanipal »
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 10:19:44 am »
Actually its a few orders of magnitude smaller than that.
So think of this as a homey place with a person or two from widely scatterd parts of the world.
so for "local concerns", this is one of the worst places in which to look for answers; however, if you're in an area with few other infected people, or in an area with no ASO, this is one of the best places to look for answers. LOL it's funny how that catch-22 seems to work. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »
Yah a good place to discuss topics and maybe with others in your area until a few jerks hijack a thread (my florida ryan white eligibility changes thread) then a moderator punishes everyone else by locking it down and ordering me not to start another thread on the topic. How can you discuss issues when people that dont like u hijack your threads......a moderator sees it then just locks it down and TELLS you not to start another thread on the same topic?

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »
Yah a good place to discuss topics and maybe with others in your area until a few jerks hijack a thread (my florida ryan white eligibility changes thread) then a moderator punishes everyone else by locking it down and ordering me not to start another thread on the topic. How can you discuss issues when people that dont like u hijack your threads......a moderator sees it then just locks it down and TELLS you not to start another thread on the same topic?

Greg,

I was recently in Orlando at the US Conference on AIDS.  I heard your state AIDS Director discuss Florida's ADAP issues.  Out of about 3,500 people on ADAP waiting lists nationally, Florida has about 1,200.  More than any other state.  I'm sorry.  Your ADAP is not being supported with state funds and it looks like your state isn't pursuing utilization of pharma rebates as well as some other states.  Personally I think they should have taken the recent $20 million in emergency ADAP funding and just given it all to Florida.

Your lack of state contributions and rebates are why your elligibility requirements are getting hosed--they are trying to stretch wht they have to cover.

What can be done?  I'd say a LOT of advocacy by people living with HIV at the state level.  Locally here, we're taking up your fight--know you have support.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 05:34:28 pm »
As far as Florida goes, it looks like ADAP is off the menu for the foreseeable future. Maybe, if enough noise is made, the next fiscal year will bring relief. But if you are in line behind over a thousand people, I would not get my hopes up.

Your BEST BET, greg, and maybe your only option other than moving to another state, is to get entrenched with your nearest ASO.

I  would start by Googling Broward County and HIV. If you feel like it, you can join the ranks of their planning committee, and become a part of the solution.

http://www.brhpc.org/HIVPC.aspx

http://www.browardhouse.org/

http://browardchd.org/hiv.aspx

There might be someone able to become your case manager, and work directly with drug companies to help you with medications. It will take legwork on your part, but it might be possible to be HIV positive, need medication, and live in that county. Then again, you have to wrap your head around the possibility that it might not.

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 09:36:25 pm »
Greg, as I told you earlier today, you could start another thread on the basic topic and cautioned/asked you to avoid inflammatory comments.

So quit your fraber jabber complaining and just stay on target with your subject or else you will end up getting yourself into trouble. It's not a "fair" world so just make the best of it and focus on the basic concern you wanted to raise.  
Andy Velez

Offline Jody

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 10:35:30 pm »
Hi Greg...I know how easy it is to become a bit frustrated as an HIV+ person, it takes some fortitude and a strong will to live.  I'm glad some of the good folks here took the time to give you not only great advice on how to deal with this emotionally as well as some links to hook you up.  There may be some difficult times ahead, as Andy sagely points out in this usually unfair world, and it is going to require going the extra mile for ourselves and or our loved ones in a tough economy where cutting services for people living with AIDS is "part of difficult fiscal decisions" while other sacred cows are not even on the chopping block, both at the federal and local levels.

There are other web sites for people who are HIV+ but I don't think any of them come close to matching the great ebb and flow of this one right here.  But educating ourselves is most crucial, anywhere you can get an angle and decide for yourself, and all knowledge gained is great power.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 11:47:12 pm »
You could always lie about being a resident of Georgia or something if you know someone there who could vouch for you living at their address.  Since you cannot prove your residency though you would have to most likely some form of legal document stating that you live in state X.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:02 am »
You could always lie about being a resident of Georgia or something if you know someone there who could vouch for you living at their address.  Since you cannot prove your residency though you would have to most likely some form of legal document stating that you live in state X.

That would make him an illegal immigrant and you corn pone crusaders would have a hissy fit.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:15:05 am by Dachshund »

Offline Florida69

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 10:15:30 am »

Unfortunately, it is the nature of the beast.  It can be frustrating.  Something else that has helped is trying to find a group in your area that deals with some of the same concerns as you have. 

Greg, as I told you earlier today, you could start another thread on the basic topic and cautioned/asked you to avoid inflammatory comments. So quit your fraber jabber complaining and just stay on target with your subject or else you will end up getting yourself into trouble. It's not a "fair" world so just make the best of it and focus on the basic concern you wanted to raise.   
It is true life is not fair, be careful, I have seen members be banned for such, there are instances where they allow a member back, but I think that is only for special people.   

My advice is to be simple and to the point, try to stay on topic and the members that you don’t get along with or the ones that hijack your thread on a normal basis simply put them on ignore.  Good luck to you, D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 02:42:26 pm »
That would make him an illegal immigrant and you corn pone crusaders would have a hissy fit.

I like how you never add anything meaningful to a conversation aside from the nastiness you seem to so lovingly interject in every discussion.  I would tactfully tell you what you could do to yourself and where but I generally find it's easier to ignore people that I detest.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 03:05:34 pm »
I like how you never add anything meaningful to a conversation aside from the nastiness you seem to so lovingly interject in every discussion.  I would tactfully tell you what you could do to yourself and where but I generally find it's easier to ignore people that I detest.

You're quite the wordsmith Mary. You're the first to squawk about your rights and the first to trample on the rights of others. It's called hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:30:24 pm by Dachshund »

Offline gregftl

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 03:36:05 pm »
Dachsund, just another thread hijacker/troublemaker. Looked at his profile he's blocked/ignored by 12 people. Geesh I wonder why

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 03:50:56 pm »
Dachsund, just another thread hijacker/troublemaker. Looked at his profile he's blocked/ignored by 12 people. Geesh I wonder why

Please make it thirteen. Here's a thought. Instead of bitching why don't you do something about it? Many of us on ADAP/Ryan White volunteer and work at our local ASO. Not only will you give something back to the community you just might learn something in the process. However I wouldn't follow the advice of what's his face and lie to try and receive services.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:28:07 pm by Dachshund »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 04:24:47 pm »

Most people don't like Aunty D (Dachsund) for one simple reason-he can smell bullshit, and isn't afraid to call people on it.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »
I offered some suggestions. I am sorry they did not meet your needs.

Welcome Thread

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 05:15:40 pm »

BT beat me to it..but it's worth repeating..Dach shoots straight from the hip and some people (not pointing any fingers) can't take the honest truth...quite simple when you think about it.

I know who's advice I would take..certainly not the one sitting on his backside complaining about things.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:20:58 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 05:50:14 pm »
I offered some suggestions. I am sorry they did not meet your needs.
please show me a link as to where the OP said your suggestions did not meet his meets. And please don't reference Andy's post, as it was 6.5 hrs after he spoke with Greg in another thread (http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=34419.msg428534). Quite frankly, I don't know why Andy waited so long, and basically cross posted over in this thread. Perhaps Andy just read the other thread before this one, and didn't pay any attention to the drastic time difference to see when Greg has posted his complaints. Earlier in this thread, JK, you misconstrued another one of Greg's posting and portrayed him as leaving this site (reply #14) and that was incorrect also.

However, it seems that some of us are just not as enamoured of Dachshund as some of the rest of y'all are. Personally, he has been offensive to me numerous times and I have often pointed out how few of Dachshund's posts are ever nice or helpful as they are often biting and laced with malice.

Since it's obviously allowed (until this thread gets locks too) for some members to gang up against other members, I will speak out in Trey and Greg's behalf too.

I wrote the next part of this post earlier but believed it was incorrect to post and start a problem. However, since long time members and even ex-moderators have joined the fray and already started the problem by going off-topic, I have changed my mind and think this is worth publicly posting.
I like how you never add anything meaningful to a conversation aside from the nastiness you seem to so lovingly interject in every discussion.
we need a "like" button like they have on FaceBook, because that comment deserves it. ;)

Here's a thought. Instead of bitching why don't you do something about it. Many of us on ADAP/Ryan White volunteer and work at our local ASO. Not only will you give something back to the community you just might learn something in the process.
you could have helped the situation/topic along much more by just suggesting that people volunteer. Although in this thread that has already been suggested and in much nicer terms. As the advice came in over just this weekend, it's not like Greg has time to follow up on much of anyone's advice yet. You could have left out the "corn pone", "squawk" "hissy fit" and "hypocrisy" jibes at other members. Instead, by choosing vinegar over honey, no one wants to listen to your nastiness and whatever point you were trying has gotten lost in the ether and in this off-topic arguement which you brought into this thread. So I'm really left, as usual with your posts, wondering why you even bothered to comment. Surely you realized your hateful, catty attitude as evidenced in your postings would make people not pay attention to whatever advice you thought you had to offer.

I would have preferred to have written this to you in a PM; but a long time ago after you wrote me a vitriolic PM, you blocked anything back from me. Since the other guys are just kinda bitching back at you, I thought I'd try to explain why your attitude really puts some of us off and causes these "squabbles" to break out, and your points to be lost in the fray.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline allanq

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »
Try the Yahoo group PozHealth.

I’m not saying it’s better than AIDSmeds. It’s just a different group that has often provided me with useful information. The group is closely moderated by its founder. Some people dislike this because they feel it suppresses points of view that differ from the moderator’s. However, it does keep the discussions focused.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 06:05:41 pm »
leather, whether or not you like Hal's posts, he brings out pretty good points, as usual:  1) don't try to say you live somewhere when, in reality, that's not true; and 2) volunteer, it's always appreciated.

There was only offense taken, because someone got called on their b.s.  Some people don't like that.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 06:10:09 pm »
please show me a link as to where the OP said your suggestions did not meet his meets. And please don't reference Andy's post, as it was 6.5 hrs after he spoke with Greg in another thread (http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=34419.msg428534). Quite frankly, I don't know why Andy waited so long, and basically cross posted over in this thread. Perhaps Andy just read the other thread before this one, and didn't pay any attention to the drastic time difference to see when Greg has posted his complaints. Earlier in this thread, JK, you misconstrued another one of Greg's posting and portrayed him as leaving this site (reply #14) and that was incorrect also.

However, it seems that some of us are just not as enamoured of Dachshund as some of the rest of y'all are. Personally, he has been offensive to me numerous times and I have often pointed out how few of Dachshund's posts are ever nice or helpful as they are often biting and laced with malice.

Since it's obviously allowed (until this thread gets locks too) for some members to gang up against other members, I will speak out in Trey and Greg's behalf too.

I wrote the next part of this post earlier but believed it was incorrect to post and start a problem. However, since long time members and even ex-moderators have joined the fray and already started the problem by going off-topic, I have changed my mind and think this is worth publicly posting.we need a "like" button like they have on FaceBook, because that comment deserves it. ;)
you could have helped the situation/topic along much more by just suggesting that people volunteer. Although in this thread that has already been suggested and in much nicer terms. As the advice came in over just this weekend, it's not like Greg has time to follow up on much of anyone's advice yet. You could have left out the "corn pone", "squawk" "hissy fit" and "hypocrisy" jibes at other members. Instead, by choosing vinegar over honey, no one wants to listen to your nastiness and whatever point you were trying has gotten lost in the ether and in this off-topic arguement which you brought into this thread. So I'm really left, as usual with your posts, wondering why you even bothered to comment. Surely you realized your hateful, catty attitude as evidenced in your postings would make people not pay attention to whatever advice you thought you had to offer.

I would have preferred to have written this to you in a PM; but a long time ago after you wrote me a vitriolic PM, you blocked anything back from me. Since the other guys are just kinda bitching back at you, I thought I'd try to explain why your attitude really puts some of us off and causes these "squabbles" to break out, and your points to be lost in the fray.

You know leatherman I don't give a shit what you think. You sir are nothing short of pathological. I blocked your PM privileges after responding to a nasty unsolicited PM you sent me. You lie at your convenience, nothing more. My "nastiness" as you call it is a result of reading your racist, misogynist posts over the years. Pointing out in each post your detestable view of women and minorities. The lowest being when you actually said your two ex lovers died because they didn't get meds because of illegal aliens. When I pointed out your second dead lover didn't even know he was positive until he was diagnosed in the hospital you admitted as much. It's all out there for all to see. The reason why you try to change the subject and attack me is you know it's true. We all know it's true and that's what makes you bitter, not me.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 06:28:59 pm »
Oh and that ex moderator you're denigrating, let's put up a poll and see whose opinion is valued, leatherman or Jan's.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 07:03:07 pm »
Oh and that ex moderator you're denigrating, let's put up a poll and see whose opinion is valued, leatherman or Jan's.

I love Jan in a way that words can't describe.  Will take her any day before having to ever deal with 1/25th of mr. uppity who thinks that everything gets fixed with a damned emoticon, and who can't even write properly--I suppose this is what happens when you speak "American" instead of English:

Since it's obviously allowed (until this thread gets locks too)

So go ahead and start your own little gang of haters Mr. Leatherman.  I'm sick and tired of you and your minions taking on Doxie, Philicia, Matty, Jan, Betty, Jonathan or anyone that I actually care about.  You sir stopped having any significance for me the day that you showed your true colors about people of color.  That is one thing I simply cannot tolerate or forgive, no matter how many smiley faces you add to your six page irrelevant replies.

Feel free to ignore me for all I care.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 07:03:48 pm »
My "nastiness" as you call it is a result of reading your racist, misogynist posts over the years. Pointing out in each post your detestable view of women and minorities. The lowest being when you actually said your two ex lovers died because they didn't get meds because of illegal aliens.
good lord :o so I called Natlie Soleman, 2 yrs ago, a breeder because she used artifical means to produce 8 children. aren't you ever going to give that a rest?! Especially, when you have posted the "breeder" word yourself as something to laugh about.
Back off breeder! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pT07DlB_Y

The lowest being when you actually said your two ex lovers died because they didn't get meds because of illegal aliens.
boy is that ever a crazy reading of whatever I've written. I'd love to see that stated in my words, not your interpertaion, if you could provide the link, or give me a date to look for. The people that know me, sure know that statement is off the wall. ::) ::) one partner died in 94 when there was only AZT so no illegal aliens where in that mix, and the other died in 08 as I was applying for SS for him in OH, and he didn't even hardly take but two weeks worth of anti-HIV meds cause the cancer killed him, so no illegals in that mix. You are very badly mistaken or you are thinking of someone else.

see that's the problem. Not all of us agree here. Quite frankly there is a clique of people here that constantly gang up on other members, running them off, getting threads locked, and just plain being hateful.

I'd actually like Jan to come back in and explain who she meant by the person "sitting on their backside complaining". If she means Greg, the member who started this thread looking for guidance, assistance and suggestions, then she's way outta line. Greg claimed he wasn't getting response or local assistance from this site and wondered if there were other forums to check into. That certainly is not complaining, that's requesting more support and something I thought this site was here for.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:47 pm »
I'm sick and tired of you and your minions taking on Doxie, Philicia, Matty, Jan, Betty, Jonathan or anyone that I actually care about.  You sir stopped having any significance to me the day that you showed your true colors about people of color.
another bit of lunacy. ::) I am not a racist; but I have issues with illegal immigrants in my country.

I'm sick and tired of you and your minions of Doxie, Matty, Betty, Jonathan fucking with me all the time, so we're even.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 07:07:19 pm »
another bit of lunacy. ::) I am not a racist; but I have issues with illegal immigrants in my country.

I'm sick and tired of you and your minions of Doxie, Matty, Betty, Jonathan fucking with me all the time, so we're even.

Whatever.  Be blessed.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 07:07:50 pm »

What am I?  Chopped philicialiver?  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.