Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:49:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hurricane Irene  (Read 25200 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Hurricane Irene
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »
I think Irene deserves her own thread now, rather than being buried in "Hottest Summer on Record".

They are saying it's possible it could end up going up the Hudson as a cat1, Yikes! Jody and the rest of you East Coasters keep alert!

Hopefully our resident meteorologist MissP will be along shortly to post some colorful maps and stuff.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Re: Hurricane Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:24:21 pm »
Thanks Willy,

This one will miss us here in SC but does NOT look good for the Outer Banks of NC, Chesapeake area, and points north.  Phil & Moon should be getting rain from it now as she makes her way northward up the coast.  The Davids may get some Irene related stuff too but hopefully not enough to tear up those live oaks. 

This will most likely go down as a northeastern hurricane when history is written.  Not a good week to head to Cape Cod. 

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »

Hopefully our resident meteorologist MissP will be along shortly to post some colorful maps and stuff.

That slut must be all klonied out, haven't seen her round much today.

Here are a couple of maps for you:

Hope this won't be as bad as they're predicting.  Sweet Jeebus, I hate hurricanes.  

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:09:51 pm »
Phil & Moon should be getting rain from it now as she makes her way northward up the coast.  

Oddly enough, there hasn't been one drop of rain in mah part of town.  Normally we have a few thunderstorms around 2 or 3, but nothing today.

On the other hand, North Miami was supposedly getting a good amount of water.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:51 pm »
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:43:09 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline buginme2

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »
Oh the drama of it all.  I'd gladly trade places with anyone in Ft Lauderdale or Miami, you can live in dreay cold Seattle and Ill take residence on the beach and cope with the occasional hurricane hubbub.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:50:38 pm »
Some rain in downtown Miami when I was at work and on my way to the hospital for the LP.

When I got home to North Miami it looked like it had rained pretty hard - but just cloudy now.  I like the breeze - it has cooled it off a bit --- only around 83 right now - which is better than the 90s we usually have - although this Saturday and Sunday it is supposed to be around 96.

Sending safe thoughts to all on the north east coast --- stay safe.

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:15 pm »
Oh the drama of it all.  I'd gladly trade places with anyone in Ft Lauderdale or Miami, you can live in dreay cold Seattle and Ill take residence on the beach and cope with the occasional hurricane hubbub.

Gurl, please.  You've got nothing to complain about. I can guarantee you that Andrew and Katrina were absolutely no fun (and there have been other crappy ones throughout the years).  I moved to Miami from NYC two weeks before Andrew --try living under a totally damaged roof, no electricity for three or four weeks, no public transportation, a totally damaged car, and a gazillion roadblocks.  

Based on what I've read from you, you're rather prissy  ::).  I can not picture you being without AC in this muggy and sticky weather for more than a couple of hours.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:58:19 pm »
Gurl, please.

Based on what I've read from you, you're rather prissy  ::).  I can not picture you being without AC in this muggy and sticky weather for more than a couple of hours.

Um, no air conditioning? Ya no thanks. Good luck! Gods speed! Ill light a candle for y'all tonight.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:03:01 pm »
Oh the drama of it all.
the occasional hurricane hubbub.

oh yeah, the hubbub of a hurricane that will affect 55 million Americans AND the largest city in the US. I wouldnt call it "hubub drama", I would call it deadly serious stuff.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline buginme2

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:15:32 pm »
Oh Potato Potato.  I have to admit I know very little about what is actually going on.  I'll watch the news tonight.  I had no idea things were so grave.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »
Oh Potato Potato.  I have to admit I know very little about what is actually going on.  I'll watch the news tonight.  I had no idea things were so grave.

Then maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't make light of things that you, admittedly, know jack-shit about.....  Just a thought.

Edited to add:  BTW -- I just left Seattle the other day -- 5 days of sunny weather in the 80's - not too dreary really.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »
Some rain in downtown Miami when I was at work and on my way to the hospital for the LP.

Nothing going on over here on Florida's west coast. It's been on again off again cloudy, no rain.

Must be the outermost bands of the storm:

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/august/300549/Irenes-outer-bands-striking-Fla.,-warnings-issued-in-Carolinas

I sure am glad we didn't do our vacation one week later, otherwise, there would have been be a good chance we'd get caught up in that mess, which is about to happen !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jody

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:27 pm »
Everyone go safe down in the Carolina's - I know the Davids, and especially Bonnie are near the water, I hope they and their property will be OK.  For those along the way, like South Jersey folks and all of us here in the New York area we can only hope we don't get hit head on but we may. 

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 11:45:26 pm »

I wish everyone the best.  We just had a tornado here and after it misses your street by about a mile, I'm still freaked out. The winds only reached 70 and houses and trees are gone, what's 115 gonna do?
I'm getting my basement ready and gonna tie everything down.
I feel like I need to find life vests for everyone.
I wonder if Ceasar Milan wants another pit and his sidekick?

Everyone be good :)
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:19 pm »
Everyone go safe down in the Carolina's - I know the Davids, and especially Bonnie are near the water, I hope they and their property will be OK.  For those along the way, like South Jersey folks and all of us here in the New York area we can only hope we don't get hit head on but we may. 

Jody

The Davids said on FB that the generator has been tested and they won't be without the necessities...now if Bonniw bunkers down with them I know they'll have all the necessities! (friendship + pets + power)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:45 am »
Bill and I had misfortune of being in Florida during Andrew and I'll admit I was terrified.  We were 50 miles inland and it hit us with as much force as it did the coast.  I've been anxiously watching as I have lots of family and friends along the entire coast. 

At least in tornado alley, we only deal with the winds for a few minutes but those endless hours of hell are extreme.  I hope everybody made the needed preparations.  After Andrew, it was 3 days before the main roads were even passable.

Absolutely will ruin lots of peoples' lives and I'm wishing them the best.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »
I rode out / high tailed it away from many a hurricane when I lived in Wilmington.  The worst I recalled was Floyd.  Homes WAY inland were completely underwater.  The skipped out on that one, thank goodness.  I rode out hurricanes like Bertha.  And Rev is right:  sometimes it isn't so much making it through the actual storm as it is the misery that follows...sometimes for weeks.

Oh...and Andrew SUCKED.  That storm scared me all the way up in Georgia.  It was mean and just felt evil, almost like it had a consciousness or something. 

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »
Its pouring here....palms and pines are swaying a little but nothing like the ones at the beach are I am sure.  Its coming down hard as I type this. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 04:38:33 pm »
Oh, the drama. Just announced that NYC subway, bus and train systems are shut down as of noon Saturday until da storm passes.

Hope everyone stays safe and dry. Stay tuned!
Andy Velez

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 04:55:35 pm »
Good chance the eye will pass over NYC, which actually would be better than it passing to the west of NYC. But nevertheless it wont be pretty.

The last time an eye of a storm passed over New York City itself was in 1893. A speck of land off Long Island, called Hog Island, was completely washed away by a Category 1 storm.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/08/26/long-island-braces-for-impact-as-hurricane-irene-moves-up-the-coast/

Also, there is nothing worse than a bunch of pissed off, wet New Yorkers.

Also, Pic from Hilton Head, SC. about an hour ago...

borrowed from http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/08/updates-hurricane-irene-approaches-land/41763/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:15:50 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jody

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:21 pm »
Thanks Will and others for your concern for us easterners.  I do get a feeling that New York will get a bad hit, it feels as if something is coming, Tim H's post of a consciousness to a large beast of a weather system has some merit, it does have that kind of feeling.  The old saying of there being more to heaven and earth than that which meets the eye, or something like that is probably true.  But I've been wrong before, more wrong than right so hopefully the worst of the damned thing will pass to less populated areas.  The weatherman on TV as I type just said it could go more to the northeast.

Anyway, from Carolina to Maine...Go safe and sound!

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 05:39:29 pm »

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 05:41:55 pm »
Anyway, from Carolina to Maine...Go safe and sound!

We need Phil and his flatulence up this way NOW...  He saved South Florida you know. 

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »
Stay safe everyone, love theyer.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 05:52:16 pm »
We need Phil and his flatulence up this way NOW...  He saved South Florida you know. 
I would be there in a minute if I could - unfortunately, I don't know if I could keep this one away ---

Hoping everyone has their supplies and stays inside and safe -

(BTW, if I tried the flatulence and it backfired, that could be very very bad for me  :o  ) -- nothing worse than reverse flatulence.
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 06:07:57 pm »
nothing worse than reverse flatulence.

I know thats right... no racing stripes if that were to happen. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20:12 pm »
NY Report: The line at Citarella, an upscale (pretentious and overpriced is closer to the mark) food shop was 4x longer than it is at Thanksgiving, which is usually the longest line of the year.

People were chatty and friendly, so NY in a way. Whatever happens we'll get through is how I seez it.

I went in to buy lettuce and a good salad cheese. As the line progressed I added plums, yellow raisins, arugela, limes (for vodka) and ruggelahs. All essentials to have in the house when a storm is approaching.

Now about to go out to dinner date. Also good on a pre-storm evening.

Will keep ya posted as long as the computer is working.

Andy Velez

Offline Jody

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:07 pm »
Yes indeed Andy, trying to survive a hurricane without ruggelahs is unheard of already!

But when I shopped today I thought of the necessities- Water, orange juice, bread, cans of tuna, a few pears and plums and a partridge in a pear tree and then I thought what else do I really need- and of course I ran for the ice cream aisle!

Be well all and check in on those who require it and remember as Andy says our computers and phones may go out Saturday or Sunday.

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 08:11:09 pm »

I went in to buy lettuce and a good salad cheese. As the line progressed I added plums, yellow raisins, arugela, limes (for vodka) and ruggelahs. All essentials to have in the house when a storm is approaching.

LOL @ this ^

That is SO New York....when we prepare for a storm down here we stock up on Cheese Doodles, Fritos, Bean Dip and Miller Lite.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 08:23:32 pm »
LOL @ this ^

That is SO New York....when we prepare for a storm down here we stock up on Cheese Doodles, Fritos, Bean Dip and Miller Lite.
Here in Miami, we put on our best designer clothes, fill ourselves up with ton of "image," and go down to South Beach in hopes of being on the evening news hanging out at all of the hot spots. That's how we roll pre-hurricane in Miami. 8)
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 08:27:08 pm »

The first things that disappear from the shelves down here are beer, wine, potato chips and pretzels.

So,  Is Andy holding the hurricane party at his house ?   :)

EDITED:  The ice goes quickly too. Got to keep those kegs cold !  :)

Stay safe everyone....

Ray
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:29:05 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »
LOL! Ohhhhh no.

New Yorkers Are Preparing For The Hurricane By Buying Designer Rain Boots

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/evacuistas-hurricane-rain-boots_n_938318.html

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline David_CA

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 11:17:50 pm »
We're all doing well here.  Sometimes, being close to the coast without being on the beach is good; it seems like the storms pass through quicker... unlike those that hit inland areas like Raleigh or Charlotte.  Living in a well-built 70 year old house helps, as does living 60+ feet above sea level.  We don't have floods, the roof is good, we have natural gas for water heating and cooking, city water, generally reliable power, a generator... and internet.  We'll do just fine!   ;)
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline bocker3

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 11:37:35 pm »
We're all doing well here.  Sometimes, being close to the coast without being on the beach is good; it seems like the storms pass through quicker... unlike those that hit inland areas like Raleigh or Charlotte.  Living in a well-built 70 year old house helps, as does living 60+ feet above sea level.  We don't have floods, the roof is good, we have natural gas for water heating and cooking, city water, generally reliable power, a generator... and internet.  We'll do just fine!   ;)

Glad you are doing well.  I just saw the radar and it looked you guys were getting hammered with rain (and, I assume, wind).  We won't get it until tomorrow -- and we are well enough inland that my only real worry would be so much rain that trees start uprooting.....  have two giant pin oaks in the front yard.  I'm sure that I'll be running out in the rain to backwash out some water from the pool -- don't want it overflowing and damaging the concrete apron around it.

Hugs to you both,
M

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 01:06:23 am »
I bought mushroom & gorgonzola quiche, Icelandic pomegranate & passion fruit skyr strained non-fat yogurt, Saint Marcellin cheese, ham & cheese croissants and macadamia nuts.

Oh, and (one only) slice of blueberry pie.

... and sedatives
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:39:25 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 01:08:36 am »
LOL! Ohhhhh no.

New Yorkers Are Preparing For The Hurricane By Buying Designer Rain Boots

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/evacuistas-hurricane-rain-boots_n_938318.html

-W

Oh, I have vintage Helmut Lang ones, plus my Marimekko umbrella.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 01:28:07 am »
@Miss Philicia- only one slice of blueberry pie?  Isn't that like eating only one potatoe chip?

Since the new guy in my life  isn't around this weekend my dad took pity on me and asked me if I wanted to go for a day ride with him and my uncle on the bikes  (as long as it doesn't start raining saturday afternoon).  Love day trips on the gold wing it's so great to sleep on.  The bike run he was going on on sunday is cancelled and figured he won't be able to get out. 

I think we will cruise to Miss Philicia's, much better food there then at my place. ;D

Michelle 8)

How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 01:38:57 am »
@Miss Philicia- only one slice of blueberry pie?  Isn't that like eating only one potatoe chip?

Honey, Miss P watches her figure -- plus the place I shop sells cake and pie by the slice :) In fact, sometime I make one slice last two servings.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 06:35:40 am »
areas like Raleigh or Charlotte.
sssh. It's Gay Pride Fest in Charlotte today and it's going to be partly cloudy, 92, and windy.
Don't jinx it.  ;)

I'm glad y'all are doing ok. Stay dry and inside till it's all over.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline David_CA

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 09:13:10 am »
It looks like we got lucky here.  It's scooting along the coast until it gets up Yankee-way.  I imagine it may do a bit more damage there.  At any rate, our power's been off for maybe 10 minutes total (in very small increments), we have no flooding, and no large branches are down; I think we are OK.  I sure hope others are as well.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 11:22:56 am »
Looks like MissP gonna get 10 inches

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 04:28:25 pm »
Miss Philicia-   I'm having a hard time gaining my weight back.  I gain some and then I lose it pretty quick,  I've even quit walking as much. 
Stay dry and try not to blow away.
Micihelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 05:34:21 pm »
Miss Philicia-   I'm having a hard time gaining my weight back.  I gain some and then I lose it pretty quick,  I've even quit walking as much. 
Stay dry and try not to blow away.
Micihelle 8)

Get some bodybuilding protein shakes at GMC that have 40 grams of protein per serving -- don't waste your time with supermarket stuff like Ensure.  Also, if you have any depression problems discuss taking Remeron with your doctor as it has the side effect of making you gain weight.

I had bad weight loss issues about 7-10 years ago but gained it all back -- takes a lot of work to get it back.  Also taking digestive enzymes helps -- Pancreaze or Creon are available with a prescription, and they help you absorb the food you eat.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 05:39:23 pm »
Also, it's REALLY raining hard here right now with 25 mph winds. Cape May, NJ is twice as bad and Tom's River, NJ will get up to 70 mph winds overnight. Some places are due to get 20" of rain out of this, but I don't think Philly will because we're 60 miles from the ocean -- we'll probably get 12" though we've already gotten 15" so far this month which is our all-time record. There will be massive amounts of flooding in the Northeast.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:10:44 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »
Also, it's REALLY raining hard here right now with 25 mph winds.

No doubt your building can withstand all of this but those windows sure must be shaking in the wind... not to mention that aftershock from the earthquake that took place just a short while ago. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »
Also, it's REALLY raining hard here right now with 25 mph winds. Cape May, NJ is twice as bad and Tom's River, NJ will get up to 70 mph winds overnight. Some places are due to get 20" of rain out of this, but I don't think Philly will because we're 60 miles from the ocean -- we'll probably get 12" though we've already gotten 14" so far this month which is our all-time record. There will be massive amounts of flooding in the Northeast.

if it starts flooding, take a pic out your window. Especially if that hot Italian is walking by again.

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »
if it starts flooding, take a pic out your window. Especially if that hot Italian is walking by again.

-WIll

A one tract mind.....  and so unbecoming of a new grandma!   ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2011, 06:11:42 pm »
No doubt your building can withstand all of this but those windows sure must be shaking in the wind... not to mention that aftershock from the earthquake that took place just a short while ago. 

I have my west facing windows all open right now and the A/C off -- the rain is blowing from the east so it's not getting wet inside.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 06:14:33 pm »
I have my west facing windows all open right now and the A/C off -- the rain is blowing from the east so it's not getting wet inside.

*Sigh*
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.