Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:09:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 219
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Itchiness and OraQuick test  (Read 12734 times)

Offline sam212

Itchiness and OraQuick test
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:39:07 am »

Hello friends i hope you reply me back. I had a vaginal sexual encounter that was totaly protected. But at the end of the enounter i removed my condom(there must/might be some vaginal fluid on the condom) and right away started to touch the top of my penis .I am pretty sure that i had been touching the the top of my penis quite hard.I am afraid that i tranferred vaginal secretions by hand to the penis. Now after 10 days of encounter i am having a sore throat and  fever with congested nose. I took medicines(dayquil) for fever and now it is fine but still have a slight soar throat and nasal prob on 13th day, I never had fever for almost 1 year. we were also involved in deep kissing.  Kindly help me as i am quite worried.I had no open cuts or sores in my mouth.Kindly tell me how much risk i am at. Thanks  The status of the girl is unknown.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Worried regarding symptoms
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:49:33 am »
Oh, this one's easy:  You've just got the sniffles.  No HIV risk at all from this scenario.

HIV is a difficult to transmit little virus that has to get passed within the body.  You aren't going to transmit the virus the way you describe. 

There's a Lessons section here that details how transmission really occurs.  Read up on it...and breathe easy.

You had protected sex, so you are fine.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:50:26 am »
Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission. As long as you are wearing one everytime you have intercourse the HIV status of your partner doesn't matter.

If your symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline sam212

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:45:37 pm »
Thanks for your support my friends...........but only thing i am worried about is the symptoms and also if the virus could enter through the opening of urethra. As my hand were contaminated from the condom.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:33:41 pm »
Yes, the virus can enter through the urethra, but NOT in the manner you are concerned about. Simply having some of your partner's fluids on the outside of the condom or on your fingers, and even if she was HIV+, would not be the sort of circumstances which would make transmission possible.

Read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Keep using those condoms everytime you have intercourse. They provide very effective protection. No testing or further concern is called for about this incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline sam212

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:57:32 am »
I appreciate all of your people support, today is day 13 after the exposure and i am fit, but still have nasal congetion. Cant take all this out of mind. Anywayz have to go on. I hope science keeps on making progresses, as they already did alot and one day help everybody. God bless everyone.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 10:04:07 am »
Just like a rose is a rose, nasal congestion is just--- nasal congestion.

It's not a symptom of HIV. Easpecially when you haven't had a risk.
Andy Velez

Offline sam212

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 07:04:09 pm »
Please if you can read this again, as i got some rashes later on.Thank youI have repeated the story again to make things easy.
All these are exact ars symptoms and occured after a week that makes me more worried.

My experience was protected vaginal and oral sex with a woman in her 30’s. At the end of the encounter I removed the condom and started pressing the urethra so as to cover it with the skinof my penis. I am afraid that I transferred the vaginal fluid from condom to the urethra. I wasn’t worried that much. Because I was pretty sure that it was a protected encounter. But then after 7-8 days I had cold and soar throat, followed by fever(100) for couple of days, Nyquil solved this issue then week after I had 3 spots of rashes on my upper portion of arm (muscles). These rashes started as brown and went on to become pink/reddish. They were flat and non-itchy and lasted for 2 days.. Apart from that my health remained fine. I am pretty healthy guy otherwise and haven’t had these symptoms for about an year. The bad part of the story is that later I got to know that this women  is engaged in very risky behavior, as after this incident she has been having sex with other of my friends and they never used protection..4 weeks have passed and I am waiting for other 2 weeks to get tested.I was also engaged in deep kissing (not a lot though) Also smoked and drank after the incident before I became ill.
These symptoms and her risky behavior has really made me depressed. Don’t feel like eating anything, feeling guilty all the time, not focused on work, want to stay in bed whole day thinking about it.  Just reading about the meds on hiv, I have already gathered a lot of information about it. Although the treatments available give me some support. I bet I know what all is going in HIV treatment and what is there in pipeline.
Please help me
Thanks
SAM

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 07:08:45 pm »
You can add all the spins on it you want and it will not change that fact that you didn't have a risk. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK.

Offline sam212

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 07:11:58 pm »
Thanks for your support rapidrod, but i am not speaking  a single lie over here

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 07:56:33 pm »
Rod never said you were lying, he's just pointing out that no matter how you try to twist this thing our answers to you will not change. We're a lot smarter than you seem to think we are.

You were never at risk of infection. You don't have HIV.

MtD

Offline sam212

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 08:03:50 pm »
Thanks for the support matty, you know mind play games and when timing and symptoms matches it makes you more worried.
i got a real quick question, during this time i have tried to learn about the advances in this field, i am pretty sure you guys will be aware of those, i have read quite alot about sp-01a, but there is not alot of hike about it, and also about the one created by geowax. They both seem to be promising, but they are not talked about like others.

I think i should have posted this research forum.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 08:05:01 pm »
Please don't post about it in Research. Just go and get on with your life.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 08:33:19 am »
Sam, sometimes I think the word "promising" ought to be removed from the vocabulary with regard to HIV/AIDS research. It has been overused in the past that I've come to see it as meaning "here comes another unproven and soon to/eventually to flop discovery.

However well intentioned on your part, like Matty I dont' see any need for posting those comments in the Research section.

Making certain to practice safer sex consistently and informing others about that is in my opinion the best action you can take to help end the epidemic on this World AIDS Day and every other day.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline sam212

Oral Sex
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 05:35:13 pm »
I had arecent oral sex exposure about 3.5 weeks in which the girl gave me a blow job for 5 -10 secs it was not at all hard i think she just simply put in her mouth and sucked twice thats it, i fingered her little bit longer than that no cuts or any thing. Now i am having a slight viral infection going on where i have a nose congetion and cough. started with cough.plus i have some weakness. i am very worried if u can help, God bless all the gd people over here This infection started with dry coughing and i was feeling some thing wrong in chest.

Thank you all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Oral Sex
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 05:43:26 pm »
Sam,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Getting a blowjob is not and never has been a risk for hiv infection. You obviously have not read the Welcome Thread and Transmission Lesson like you've been asked to.

Not one person has EVER been infected through getting blown and you won't be the first.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sam212

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 05:57:41 pm »
Please tell me that could this be ARS Symptom, the timing of viral infection disturbs me.

Thank you

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:49 pm »
Sam,

Are you even listening to us? You don't have ARS because you don't have HIV. Getting a blow job is just not a risk for HIV transmission.

MtD

Offline sam212

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 06:20:01 pm »
I am sry , i think i am  going through ocd. any way ill get tested in 4 weeks.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 09:34:43 pm »
You need to stay off of the web in general and re-focus your energies on getting productively busy in your life. This web stuff just feeds you fears and all to no good purpose.

You've got a few weeks to get through before collecting the inevitable negative result.

How much you indulge in drama is strictly up to you and there's nothing we can do about that.
Andy Velez

Offline sam212

Itchiness and OraQuick test
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 07:02:28 pm »
Hi about 4 1/2 months back i had oral sex wich included deep fingering and blowjob.....blowjob was for just 5-6 sec. after a month i had a cold which made me worried, thus i had a test after 3 months of the exposure.It was ora quick. i got a neg result in 20 mins.Now my concern is that, is this test reliable. The most that makes me worried is that i am having a bad itchiness all over my body, specially at stomach waste thighs and arms. I did ate vicodine 4 or 5 times followed by alcohal, but that was a while back. If somebody can tell me that is this test reliable and also is itchiness after 4 months of exposure in anyway related to hiv...............thank for ur help friends.

I have seen some of the people testing -ve at 4-5 months of exposure and then testing +ve. Do i need to test again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Itchiness and OraQuick test
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 07:09:13 pm »
Sam,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. This is the second time I've had to merge your threads - get with the program!

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You didn't need testing in the first place, as we told you. You didn't have a risk. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Even if you DID have a risk, your result would still be conclusive. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

See your doctor about your itchiness. It has nothing to do with hiv.

You are hiv negative. It's time you got on with your life.

If you've read the Welcome thread like you've been repeatedly asked to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sam212

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 11:06:18 am »
Thanks for all of yours help..............i went to doctor for my itchiness and it was found that i had scabies.So he prescribed permethrin and seems to be working. My only question  is that is scabies here can anyway be concerned with hiv.

Thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:32:15 pm »
No, scabies have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.