Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:43:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 220
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: GREETINGS From BETHESDA, MD!!  (Read 9724 times)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
GREETINGS From BETHESDA, MD!!
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:08:50 pm »
Hello Everyone....

I've arrived to Bethesda after a wonderful day of travel...every connection flawless, beautiful weather and views from 41,000 feet...even took pictures of the last remnants of Hurricane Albert...fantastic cloud formations.

It is wonderful to see Minh again, and to sit down to dinner with him in his apartment, laughing at the antics of his two (new) kittens, such a joy to be here! Paul's flight arrived late, so we missed meeting at the terminal, but tomorrow, early, we shall. It's finally here, after months of waiting....gee.

First appointment in the morning at the NIH...blood donations and then, hopefullly a nice long chat with Paul on a sunny park-bench somewhere, just happy to hug a friend for real, and be with them.

Hope you are all in good places...that is my sincere wish for each of you.

Love,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: GREETINGS From BETHESDA, MD!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:10:57 pm »
Zephala!

-huggles-

It's so good to hear from you babe! I'm glad your travel went well.

Much love,

MtD

Offline water duck

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:15:28 pm »
Dear Zephyr,

Thanks for giving us news  ;) ;) HAVE FUN  :-* :-*

Siang

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:26:09 pm »
You two have fun together!  I'm sure you will.

HUGS
Member since March 2004

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:30:31 pm »
Hey Bethesda! How's the wife and kids?

(sorry, couldnt resist)

Glad to see you, Zephyr :)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:50:36 pm »
So glad you had a safe trip.

Good luck tomorrow! Hope you and Paul have a great time together.

Hugs to you both
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:06:45 pm »
Hi Zephie

Glad you made it safe and sound, and I hope you have a wonderful time while you're there!   Keep us posted....

Love & hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:11:16 pm »
Paul is soooo lucky.    One of the best afternoons of my life was on a park bench with you and Trisha. 

Say hi to MInh. 

robert

(who wishes he was there to make it a foursome)

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 11:31:13 pm »
Hey Zephyr,

So glad you had a good trip.  Regardless of how smoothly things go, that is still a long day.  Your day finally comes tomorrow, you have been so excited...it's awesome.   ;D

Have a great time with Paul and Minh.

See you soon in Montreal

Hugs,

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 11:33:55 pm »
YOU GO GIRL!  YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT WHAT YOU AND PAUL ARE DOING! 

Sending lots of love and support from Sunny San Diego!

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 03:47:15 am »
Hi Zephyr! Enjoy your time and once again, thanks for being a guinea pig for the rest of us!

It's gonna be hot when you get back here honey!

John

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 04:40:47 am »
Hi Sweetie,

So glad things went well with the trip.  Say hi to Minh for me, and when you get back home, you will have a dorkey phone message from a friend in Arizona because he forgot you were leaving yesterday.  Duh.....

Enjoy the east coast, and all the details of D.C. and we will expect a full story in a few days.

IN Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Markmt

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 05:42:33 am »
Hi Zeph, thnks for you update, it sounds like you had a smooth and wonderful journey. Once at shool they gave me the nick of hurricane! so when i hear the word it always reminds me of I  ;) :).

I cannot wait till I hear the update of your meeting with Paul, and give a hug to Minh for me.

Love,

mark
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Nadine

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 06:41:10 am »
Hi Zephyr

Glad to hear you've made it safe. I know you'll enjoy your visits with Paul and Minh.

Thanks again for all that you guys are doing ;D YOU ROCK!

Take care

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 03:08:55 pm »
Hello Zephyr..........  Our own traveling Joan Of Arch.  Glad to hear you made it safe
and sound.  Sounds like you're going to have a good time while you're there.  Good
Luck tomorrow..........Hope all goes well, sweetheart
Me, Myself and I :-* :-* :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 08:16:59 pm »
Hi Zephy

I'm glad to hear your flight went without a hitch..enjoy your time with the boys..keep us posted.

hugs
Jan :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 10:51:02 pm »
Hi Zephy,

Glad you made it ok. Keep us posted. Tell Paul I said hello.

Eldon

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 06:27:01 am »
Nice to hear from you Zeph. I hope you have an awesome day tomorrow!
Positive since 1985

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 11:34:00 pm »
Hi All...

It always warms my heart to check in and find your many well-wishes and encouraging words...no matter where I am in the country, I feel you close to me and what a fantastic feeling that is!

Paul and I met in the lobby of the hotel first thing yesterday morning...as he came off the elevator and said "Good Morning", I was already approaching him with arms outstretched and calling out his name...I must tell you what an incredible range of emotions that I felt shoot through my mind, and my being, to finally touch my good, good friend, at long last! Tears started to well up, the release of all this anticipation...so wonderful....more later about that!

These past two days at the NIH have been full, long and quite spectacular, in so many ways. (Which I will fill you in on when I get back, in much more detail...). Minh has been so gracious, he worked hard all week to free himself up totally for Paul and I today, to navigate us through the maze of hallways, elevators, and the different areas we needed to get to for the different procedures. (Thank you, doll!)

We have been treated with respect and caring by each and every staff member during our visits, and had the distinct honor of meeting the investigative physicians conducting these clinical studies. Consultations with these professionals were eye-opening, to say the least, and I'm happy to report that this morning, one of the gentlemen and his research assistant logged in as guests to take a look at AM! They were impressed with what they saw in their brief visit!

We've rested this afternoon, and tomorrow the four of us will rendezvous in the morning to begin the day at the Renoir exhibit and work our way toward the Conservatory...I'll come back on Sunday to update you about our day!

Minh and I send our love out to all of you...(and so do the kitties Jasmin and Basil!!!)

Take Care...

Zephyr and Minh
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 11:50:36 pm »
Hugs to you and Minh !

Kitty Kat Kisses from Fang
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.