Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:11:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'll take my Big Mac with a side of food poisoning please!  (Read 8216 times)

Offline skeebo1969

I'll take my Big Mac with a side of food poisoning please!
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »

My 6 year old has been asking me to come to her school at lunch time so we could eat together.   So yesterday I told her I would come out there at lunch time.  She told me she wanted a happy meal from McDonald's with a boy toy..

While picking up her Happy Meal I conceded and bought me a Big Mac. 

I knew, I just f'ing knew...  When I got back home I did not feel right.   By 10 pm, time to go to work, I learned why they put the toilet so close to the tub.

At one point I laid on the floor in the fetal position just letting everything out.  It's amazing how comfortable the cold tile is when I'm partaking in a good throw up session.

She'll always remember the day Daddy came and ate lunch with her.   And, I'll probably never forget it too.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: I'll take my Big Mac with a side of food poisoning please!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:45:08 pm »
Nothing worse than having to taste what made to sick with over and over when getting it all out . I got sick on ham once and did not touch a piece of ham again for almost 10 years . Hope you feel better .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline GoForIt

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:59:39 pm »
If your gonna do McDonalds...stick with something simple like chicken nuggets and fries.  Maybe a McDouble for a buck when your absolutely starving and there's no other choices for food.  Usually I'll do McDonalds late at night when I have no other choice.

McDonalds leaves you with that sick feeling after you eat it....just greasy food with no nutritional value.....Anywhere else is a better choice but for some reason when your a kid you just love that crap....
08/09/2013  Diagnosed WB positive
08/20/2013  CD4-506(28%)  VL-10,800
09/12/2013  CD4-391(28%)  VL-14,900
09/17/2013  Start ART (Truvada + Tivicay)
10/11/2013  CD4-377(26%)  VL-UD
12/20/2013  CD4-590(??%)  VL-UD
03/18/2014  CD4-660(29%)  VL-UD
07/22/2014  CD4-613(29%)  VL-UD
08/01/2014   Start Phase 3 TAF (Truvada 2.0) Clinical Trial (TAF + Tivicay)
10/09/2014  CD4-498(29.5%) VL-UD
11/06/2014  CD4-600(30.2%) VL-UD
01/30/2015  CD4-529(31.3%) VL-UD
07/25/2015  CD4-742(36.5%) VL-UD
10/06/2015  CD4-765(28.9%) VL-UD
01/05/2016  CD4-907(33.1%) VL-UD
03/24/2016  CD4-770(33.5%) VL-UD
06/20/2016  CD4-850(35.4%) VL-UD

Dr. Mark Wainberg on Dolutegravir:
Video 1: https://youtu.be/wCXOgLJqJAY
Video 2: https://youtu.be/DKiaD7fHO-s

Offline Dan0

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:32:21 pm »
And these new 'sauces' don't help either. Everything is smothered in some form of Jabenero sauce or something sickingly spicy.  I will NEVER eat another chicken wing again.  They weren't bad and had to have them twice just to be certain that it was that which made my guts explode ..... but it was! 

Ugh. I'll stick with a shake and a McRib.   At last I know that there is nothing organic in a McRib. 
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »
I got food poisoning once from a Wienerschnitzel.  It was an experience straight from hell.  Twenty years later I still can feel the horror.   
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »

Hope your feeling better ! It's been quite a while since I got a case of food poisoning.

Ed got soooo sick a few years back when we ate at Sweet tomato's:

http://www.allmenus.com/fl/tarpon-springs/238014-sweet-tomatoes/menu/

We expected to have a healthy nutritious lunch, and within 3 hours he was sweating bullets.  Throwing up and diarrhea. He was over it about 15 hours later, but he was in bad shape.

The only thing we had different, was the dressing on the salad, because I never got sick.

There was a time back in the 80's , that we went to long John Silvers, and we both were throwing up and crapping, within a couple of hours.  It wasn't fun!

Take care ----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:33:26 pm »

At one point I laid on the floor in the fetal position just letting everything out.  It's amazing how comfortable the cold tile is when I'm partaking in a good throw up session.

When Im throwing up I do the same. It's actually more comfortable for me on the cold tile floor, than in bed. Ive been known to sleep the entire night right in front of the toilet on the floor.

Sorry you got the Big Mac Bad Bellytm Feel better soon.

Ugh. I'll stick with a shake and a McRib.     

The TRUTH^
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »
Hey Skeebo... is this as bad as the funky pond fish you had in FL that time several years ago?  My hunch is it was caused by lettuce... tainted unwashed wilted MickieDee's lettuce. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 08:45:15 pm »
The worst food poisoning story for my family was when my step dad took some of us camping at the beach in his new 5th wheel camper and got sick on bad clams from Hooters . There were 8 of us stuck in a camper with him farting and sharting and projectile vomiting all night . I didn't last all night, I got in my car and went to a hotel with a few others who had enough of his unending intestinal serenade that was happening a few feet away .

We told him not to get the clams .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 09:59:31 am »
Feeling a bit better, thx everyone.

I got sick on ham once and did not touch a piece of ham again for almost 10 years . Hope you feel better .

That's how I am.    This pretty much spells the end of McDonald's for me.

Hey Skeebo... is this as bad as the funky pond fish you had in FL that time several years ago?  My hunch is it was caused by lettuce... tainted unwashed wilted MickieDee's lettuce. 

Oh hell naw!   My 12 year old still brings up the time Daddy threw up all over the hotel and didn't bother cleaning it up.   Quick check out please!   That was a bad one.   I should have known better-- Fresh Wahoo in landlocked Sebring, impossible.

Hope your feeling better ! It's been quite a while since I got a case of food poisoning.

Ed got soooo sick a few years back when we ate at Sweet tomato's:

http://www.allmenus.com/fl/tarpon-springs/238014-sweet-tomatoes/menu/

We expected to have a healthy nutritious lunch, and within 3 hours he was sweating bullets.  Throwing up and diarrhea. He was over it about 15 hours later, but he was in bad shape.

The only thing we had different, was the dressing on the salad, because I never got sick.

There was a time back in the 80's , that we went to long John Silvers, and we both were throwing up and crapping, within a couple of hours.  It wasn't fun!

Take care ----Ray

You may find it helpful to know the said McDonald's is on Belcher Road and about 2 miles south of Gulf to Bay.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 10:03:29 am »
Thank god you are on treatment and stable because food poisoning is a very serious condition for those of us with compromised immune systems .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 11:15:16 am »
Food poisoning is the best way to lose weight for the summer season. I envy you greatly.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »
Food poisoning is the best way to lose weight for the summer season. I envy you greatly.

And I got two days off from work.  Laid up on the couch, I'm all caught up on my Ink Masters episodes now.  It's winning all the way around.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that James remembered my fish experience from 2006.  That is some impressive stuff.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 12:17:32 pm »
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that James remembered my fish experience from 2006.  That is some impressive stuff.

I have a memory like an elephant.  Sometimes it works in my favor, other times not.  Glad this go round with food poisoning was not in the same category as that episode was Thomas.  I just remember you making a remark about it back in 2010... was not on the forums yet in 06. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 12:23:53 pm »
I have a memory like an elephant. 

I wish I could use my memory to squirt water on my back ... that would be so cool . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline britchick

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »
Skeebo,
Glad that you are feeling a wee bit better.Take it easy for another day or twi,

britchickxx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.