Main Forums > Living With HIV

Forgot to take my meds again

<< < (2/6) > >>

leatherman:
a few suggestions:
1) >=95 adherence will retain effective therapy
2) daily pill box
ask your doc, ASO, drug rep about these. They give all sorts/types of them away for free all the time ;)
3) make sure that if your meds require food, that you eat. The package insert will explain how much is needed with the dosage. This food helps obtain the proper absorption of the meds.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Grasshopper on July 09, 2013, 12:45:34 am ---I never have breakfast....just can't.

--- End quote ---
same here, so I take my meds with dinner because I do eat dinner every day and I basically eat dinner within the same 4 hr time range. that fits all the requirements ;)

for dinner, I suggest a pill fob along with a pill box

LiveWithIt:

--- Quote from: Grasshopper on July 08, 2013, 11:59:16 pm ---Thanks for reminding me, to take my meds !!!!!!

After reading reading your previous topic regarding insomnia, I've decided to try taking them in the morning, and hope for a change.
I am up at 05:00, and have my first cup of coffee at 05:15 after walking the dog. But I can't seem to associate my pills yet with the coffee, as I did with dinner.
I have to say though that I've slept better the past 4 days, than I did before.

Reading your new topic, reminded me to take my meds ( 06:00 )....thanks   ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh and another benefit of taking it in the morning is you get daytime insomnia so you don't have to nap in the middle of the day.  I used to need 8 hours of more and now on 6 or 7 I'm fine and can get to sleep at a decent time at night.

LiveWithIt:

--- Quote from: leatherman on July 09, 2013, 11:27:09 am ---same here, so I take my meds with dinner because I do eat dinner every day and I basically eat dinner within the same 4 hr time range. that fits all the requirements ;)

for dinner, I suggest a pill fob along with a pill box

--- End quote ---

I have one of those, I keep my emergency pills in case I forget to take them at home and I carry them in my backpack hard to even fit 4 pills in mine. I also have the plastic daily pill thingy, but I prefer to put 7 of each med in an old bottle and refill it on Wednesday.  I can always tell if I took a dose by how many are left until the next time I have to fill it.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: LiveWithIt on July 09, 2013, 05:13:28 pm ---I have one of those....I prefer to put 7 of each med in an old bottle and refill it on Wednesday

--- End quote ---
as long as you have a plan that works for you, and it sounds like you do, that's all that matters ;)

now try not to miss any more doses for a while.  ;) You gotta keep to that 95% and missing a couple more doses will screw that up.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version