Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 370
Total: 371

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: blowjob -> shocked about the knowledge of girls  (Read 6466 times)

Offline maxxx

blowjob -> shocked about the knowledge of girls
« on: November 12, 2006, 04:31:51 pm »
first of all, sorry for my english, its not my motherlanguage :)

the last days i thougt a lot about hiv, because tomorrow i have my regular check for hiv........i said
to myself last year 'do this once a year', because i am sexually very active with many partners (ALWAYS
protected). well, i am a little bit nervous anyway (maybe for NO reason). but you know what i mean......

but what i think a lot of is the following: in the last about five years i had sex with.......well, about 50 girls. And i use ALWAYS condoms. fact is, that about 30-40 % of the girls don't know much about transmission ways of hiv. what i mean is the following: almost everybody knows that CONDOMS are the key for save sex, BUT: the 30-40% of the girls simply don't know that oral sex with ejaculating in the mouth is also a transmission way....and they DO this, even if it is a ONS.

what do i want to say ? i think that the education about hiv is very bad concerning this. i am living in europe (austria), and i think it is the same almost everywhere. what do you think about this ??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: blowjob -> shocked about the knowledge of girls
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:35 pm »
maxx,

There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. This shows us two things. One, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. Two, oral sex is much lower risk than previously believed. We now have the evidence that oral sex is a very low risk activity where hiv transmission is concerned.

It's good to hear that you use condoms consistently and that you have regular, routine sexual health care check ups. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 04:51:41 pm »
Well, it's a very good thing to read that you always use condoms for intercourse. They provide very effective protection. I don't see any reason to doubt you will test negative again.

It's wise of you to get checked regularly and it would also a good idea to  have a full STD panel done at the same time as well since other STDs are much easier to catch than HIV, and some of them are via skin to skin contact.

It's worse than unfortunate that so many do not seem to be acquainted with the basics of HIV transmission. As for your concern about those who give oral, the fact is there have been very, very cases documented of transmission in that manner. The risk is more theoretical than actual. Through longterm studies of sero-dystonic couples in which there was much protected intercourse and the same of mutual oral, none of the sero-negative partners became infected.

Good luck with your test. Worrying before getting tested is a perfectly natural reaction. It understandably raises your anxiety level but nothng you have reported leads me to expect other than a negative result.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline maxxx

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:02:26 pm »
to andy and ann:

thanks a lot for your statements........i went trough the forum reading a lot of your answers and statements and you are doing a GREAT work ! *respect*

but what i mean with my posting is the following: when I estimate that 30-40% of 'my' girls don't know about the transmission via oral sex (WITH ejaculating into the mouth), this must be kind of a 'average' for all the people. it's a little bit SAD, just SAD, because i think 'a little risk' is not 'no risk'. and i am SURE that from that 30-40 % many would do it WITHOUT condoms. i have some of a feeling like they think 'hiv WAS a sad illness, but it is not anymore'..........where are we going ???

Offline maxxx

fingering and touching penis ?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 02:07:03 pm »
hi there,

sorry for my english :)

the last time i asked myself if the following situation is any risk (even little) for HIV:

when i am fingering a girl, meaning when i put my fingers into the vagina, then get a blowjob from her
and about 2-3 minutes later i jerk off my penis to 'finish': is there a risk as there is vagina-fluid on
my fingers when touching my penis everywhere ? and after that about 5 minutes later i touch
my lips with my fingers, where i got an very 'new' herpes blister, is this any risk ?

reg, maxx

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: fingering and touching penis ?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 02:11:36 pm »
There is no risk in what you have described.

Please keep all your thoughts in your original thread next time.  And read the lessons on transmission to help you better understand how HIV is actually transmitted.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline maxxx

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 02:14:28 pm »
sorry for the new tread, but the other one has nothing to do with this question ;-)

well, i was quite sure that there was NO risk, but i want to know WHY this is not a risk...........as
this is a 'normal' sex practice for me and i want to avoid it if it is NOT save...........so there is vaginal fluid
and it comes in touch with my penis and my herpes blister........so why this not a risk ?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 02:16:40 pm »
Well for one, the HIV cells required for infection are mainly found farther up the vagina in the cervical mucous.  Secondly, your skin is a very effective barrier to HIV and last, HIV is transmitted INSIDE the body, not from contact like you have described.
RIDE!!!

Offline maxxx

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 02:22:12 pm »
okay, but when i am fingering a vagina i have my fingers quite 'deep' in there.

second: yes, but the 'top' of my penis is not a barrier for transmission, and a blister on the
lip is not, too !

does the virus 'die' in the air ? how long does it 'survive' ? i am very interested about that, as
there are soooo many different answers

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:30:45 pm »
There arent many different answers to your question.  You did not have a risk.

No matter how deep you think you got, you have no worries about mutual masturbation.  NONE.

Others shall be here shortly to confirm this for you.
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 02:33:57 pm »
Max, I have merged your threads. Even when you think it's a different subject you should still keep your entries in this thread. They actually are connected and that way readers can follow the entire exchange.

The kind of sexual situation you are talking about which is essentially masturbatory is as you have been told, absolutely not a risk for transmission. HIV is a fragile virus. It needs a recepting setting for transmission and none of the circumstances you have described offer such.

As far as you reaching "deeply" into the vagina with your hand, it's highly unlikely you are getting as far up as the cervix, which is the area where the body fluids could be a source of transmission IF the woman you are with is HIV+. Getting her fluids on your hand and masturbating yourself is another non-risk.

The real risks for transmission are unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Everything else is pretty much theoretically risk. In the real world of HIV transmission just doesn't happen in other ways sexually.

And there's never been a documented case of HIV transmission to a guy getting a blowjob, so you can cross that off of your worry list right now.

Cheers,  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:37:11 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 02:44:13 pm »
Max,

Do I understand you correctly that you let someone give you a blowjob while you had a herpes blister on your penis? Why? I hope you realise that you will transmit your herpes to that person's lips. You need to either cover your herpes blister with a condom for sexual activity or refrain from having sexual contact. Keep your herpes to yourself!

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

And remember, when you have an active herpes outbreak, you need to not let anyone touch it. Keep your herpes to yourself!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline maxxx

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 02:46:29 pm »
Max,

Do I understand you correctly that you let someone give you a blowjob while you had a herpes blister on your penis? Why? I hope you realise that you will transmit your herpes to that person's lips. You need to either cover your herpes blister with a condom for sexual activity or refrain from having sexual contact. Keep your herpes to yourself!

ann, no no no ! you misunderstood ! i have the blister on my LIPS !!! not on my penis !

Offline maxxx

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 02:51:12 pm »
the question was if there is a risk when i touch my blister 3-5 minutes after fingering the girl ? SHE had NO conctact
with my blister !!!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 03:45:26 pm »
And the answer was no risk.
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 06:34:04 pm »
As AC said, touching your lip blister during this incident did not put you at risk for HIV transmission. Really.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.