Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:49:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 358
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 333
Total: 335

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Some sad news to report.  (Read 7504 times)

Offline mitch777

Some sad news to report.
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »
I thought since I've posted so much about our dog Oliver here that I needed to let you all know that we had to say our goodbyes to him on Tuesday. Many of you already know through facebook and we are grateful for all of your kind words.

It was pretty sudden but he has been through the mill with health issues this past year and both Kenny and I knew he would probably not have a long life.

Vestibular Disease several years ago, then bladder stones, diabetes, and blindness. It was his pancreas that failed him after all that he had been through.

He never lost his happy spirit for long even during the bleakest of times. We will miss him forever.

m.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Some sad news to report.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »
I'm very sorry . Being a good friend in the end is a cruel deal we make when we open our homes and hearts to our four legged family . I feel sorry for those that has never known the special kind of love that comes from sharing a life with such an honest creature .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:07:58 pm »
Oh Mitch,

I am so sorry to hear this.  I know how hard it is!  He was a very lucky dog to have such caring daddies........

Hugs,
Mike

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 05:45:22 pm »
Oh, hon.  I am so sorry for your loss.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:47:24 pm »
Mitch,

Just wanted to say it here as well, that I am sorry about the loss of Oliver.  They are family members.  I still grieve our Kacey.  Man, it was hard.  I was doing the whole ugly cry at the vet.  They already don't live long enough and it would seem especially unfair to just get to live half that time.  Even though his life was short, I know it was filled with love and great times. 

Hugs! 

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:27:52 pm »
I,m sorry Mitch
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:32:17 pm »
I had not seen this on Facebook so I'm glad you posted it here. Sorry for your loss, Mark.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »
Mitch, so, so sorry.  I'm here to talk if you need... :'(
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mitch777

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:50 pm »
Thanks guys. Just when I think the tears have stopped they suddenly can rebound.
I keep saying out loud to him that I wish he had a better life (in health) but I know in my heart he was always way ahead of me.

Funny how another living soul that cannot speak can be so entirely devoted to us. He reminded me on a daily basis to be as chipper as possible.

Tomorrow I will try to wake up remembering his lessons.

Time for a few laughs to distract me in the mean time.

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »
Sorry  about your loss.   :(

Their time with us is always way too short.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Jody

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:15:30 pm »
Sorry to hear that Oliver has gone to doggie heaven.  Hugs to you guys.

Jody :'(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »
Very sorry to hear Oliver passed away.

Ford

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 08:06:28 am »
That's a loss that's really hard. Sorry about your loss. Oliver was a good ol' dog.
Andy Velez

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:20 am »
I am sorry for your loss..

Ronnie
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline britchick

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 11:44:43 am »
Im so sorry to hear about Oliver....he will always be in your heart .

Hugs,

britchickx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »
Words can't express how heavy my heart has been for you.  I hope when he meets the princess, Miss Lily Anna Wolfe, that he realizes she is pure and their friendship is strictly platonic. 

Take care and best wishes.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 04:21:07 pm »
Thanks again everyone.

I hope when he meets the princess, Miss Lily Anna Wolfe, that he realizes she is pure and their friendship is strictly platonic. 

I wouldn't count on it if I were her. He spent his time here neutered.
Thanks for the laugh and kind words.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 05:11:38 pm »
Words can't express how heavy my heart has been for you.  I hope when he meets the princess, Miss Lily Anna Wolfe, that he realizes she is pure and their friendship is strictly platonic. 

Take care and best wishes.

The late Miss Millie was a total slut and will leave him more than satisfied , Mitch. I loved the dog but she was a bitch who made no bones about er enjoying a bone .
Licks
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 01:24:26 am »
Oh Mark I wish I could give you a hug.  =(

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 11:20:05 am »
Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost Oliver.  As a former pet parent, I can imagine how difficult this is, and how many emotions it brings up for you.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:52 pm »
Dear Mark,

My sincerest condolences on your loss of Oliver.  As a testament, to the love you shared, I offer the following:

A DOG'S PRAYER
By Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements.  And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.  Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.  Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health, do not turn me away from you.  Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest--and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Joe

Offline mitch777

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:09 pm »
One final thanks for everyone's support and kind words. We felt the love.   

Offline buginme2

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 03:46:12 pm »
 My best friend is my dog, I'm really sorry
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline aaware72

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 07:27:39 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost my dog of just 7 years this past April...

The Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge

There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of the days and times gone by. 
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.  His bright eyes are intent. His body quivers.  Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.  The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...
"Yes, knowledge is power. Self-knowledge brings mastery of one's body."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.