Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:03:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Gastro  (Read 23680 times)

Offline lilc

Re: Gastro
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2007, 09:59:59 am »
Thank u guys

I better be moving on now.

Offline lilc

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2007, 02:31:35 pm »
I just went for my test at a free state clinic. They did say it was highly unlikely to be infected in this manner. Please listen to what I have to say.

I asked the head nurse running the HIV program which generaion test was used and she had no clue and never heard of such a thing. All she knew is that is was HIV-1 not HIV-2. I found it odd she had no idea.

She explained, they go by what the CDC does, and the blood samples are sent to the CDD lab for testig. She said that is the CDC's lab. Does anyone know what kind of tests the CDC would use?

She also explained that at 3 months the tests they use are 90%, and 99.9% at 6 months.

Then she said Lupus or Exzema could result in a false result. Thats the first I've heard of those two.

Why don't they follow the CDC window period if in fact they're using their lab and I'm sur they're funded by them also?

Not saying anything about my exposure, does anyone have any opinions on these statements?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:45:47 pm by lilc »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2007, 02:55:26 pm »
lil,

You've repeatedly ignored everything said to you here. You cannot become infected with hiv through getting a blowjob.

I'm giving you a four week time out to encourage you to get the face-to-face help we cannot possibly provide for you.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lilc

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 03:54:51 pm »
Hi everyone. I'll try to keep this short. I know I've been told no risk, and i did test at 8 1/2 weeks (59days). Which was neg as u said. The one swollen gland/lump in my groin remains, the redness and swelling at the opening of the urethra remains, and the muscle aches have disappeared. I also had a problem with tingling feet and hands for approx 3 weeks and i actually saw a neurologist for it and he didnt know a cause.

As i have read here a test at 6 weeks is encouraging so i feel comforted with 59 days. Is it really unlikely for a test to change after that time. And why is it that the acerage is 25 days?

Thanks again guys.

Also i have been tested for all other stds and was negative.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 04:28:24 pm »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days, not 25 days. And why? What's that got to do with anything? It is simply that stats gathered have shown that to be so. As well as that all but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus.

It's no surprise that you tested negative and that you will continue to do so if you decide to re-test at 13 weeks for your own peace of mind.

As for your swollen nodes and other physical symptoms, you need to continue talking with your doctor and get a second opinion if necessary. Just because you haven't found an answer so far does not by default mean HIV is the answer. Because it isn't. This is not an HIV situation. Really.

Andy Velez

Offline lilc

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 11:10:54 pm »
Thanks andy. Those questions actually gave me some piece of mind. I understand that a 59 day test is unlikely to change and figuring my situation that settles me some what. Am I correct in saying that?

If it wasnt for the unexplained symptoms that have come about after this episode I can say i prob wouldnt be here. Everything else in the window periods came back neg. Im just lost for answers.

Thanks

Offline lilc

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:21 pm »
Couple things i forgot to ask.

I think i read this, but is it true in my gland situation that hiv doesnt cause only one to swell? Why is that?

I noticed it on day 8 and it has been there now for over 3 months, it isnt painful and seems to enlarge with any kind of movement or activity, in bed or laying down it seems to go away. Does that sound right to anyone. Maybe there is something else in there and it was mistaken for a gand.

Also any comments on my previous post. THX again guys.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 01:09:47 pm »
Keep working with your Dr. nothing you have indicated is indicative of an HIV infection or ARS.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline lilc

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 01:12:10 pm »
Thanks AC, so i am right in stating that one gland in particular wouldnt swell anyway?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 01:18:02 pm »
Glands, whether singular or multiple, swell for all sorts of reasons. Including from being squeezed, pressed, pressured and otherwise bothered.

A swollen gland is absolutely NOT an HIV specific occurrence. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline lilc

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2007, 01:23:01 pm »
Thanks, i think it was Ann that stated that one in particular wouldnt swell if it was hiv related. I understand this is not specific to hiv, im really looking to settle my mind, because if that statement was true then this is def not related because i have only one andit has been there for over 3 monts now.

What are the chances of someone neg a 8 1/2 then pos later? That isnt the immunocompromised right? Are they the ones after 3 months?

Im past 3 months now and did move on since that last test but the thoughts have come back, probably since my wife and i started having sex again i begin to worry about something happening to her.

Gotta go to work, ill check back later, if anyone could respond i would reaaly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:20:54 pm by lilc »

Offline lilc

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2007, 03:16:43 pm »
I just read 2 posts by AC and JK and this is starting tomake sense. If the three month window is set to catch straglers and i was neg at 8 1/2 weeks i should be good to go right?

Also iknow i just skipped my last post but i would appreciate any response on that also whenu get time.

THX

Offline lilc

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 06:01:48 pm »
If anyone could comment on my last 2 posts i would really appreciate it and i will be done with my questions.

Sorry for being impatient.

Offline lilc

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2007, 07:54:00 am »
Please guys, any comment would be helpful regarding the last 2 posts referring to the single gland and the window period (comments made by JK and AC)

Thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2007, 08:01:26 am »
Poz after a negative at 8.5 weeks? Extremely unlikely.

In any case, you're spinning wheels here. We've gone over all of this again and again. This is all about feelings and stuff in your head because you were never at real risk for transmission.

As I told you previously, the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus.

In your case a negative is a foregone conclusion.

This is really all about guilt. You were a dawg and you went straying. You can't undo that. You need to come to peace with that and quit indulging in this dervish of guilt and fear. Really. As for your swollen lymph node, keep your hands off of it and talk to your doctor.

This is NOT an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline lilc

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2007, 08:06:55 am »
Thanks andy i appreciate it. Maybe i need a second opinion on that node because my doc now cant seem to figure it out. I know u say it isnt related to this and i think a second opinion would help that to sink in.

Thanks again.

P.S. Do u ever see the window period going to six weeks or is that something that would require more advanced tests????

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2007, 08:15:19 am »
Yes, I do think the window period will eventually be changed to 6 weeks. In Massachusetts it IS 6 weeks now. I think it will depend in large part on when the most current generation of test is universally used.

As we know, it often requires a second doctor or more to effectively diagnose a problem. Simply because something is unexplained doesn't by default make HIV the culprit. Even when your mind mistakenly and anxiously tells you so.
Andy Velez

Offline lilc

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2007, 02:08:09 pm »
I know this is useless info now but just curious.  I had my test done in PA and they said it gets sent to the CDD Lab (cddmedical.com) in Texas. They didnt know what test they used when i asked. I even asked what generation and the head nurse at the clinic had never heard of such a thing. Has anyone ever heard of this lab or what kind of tests they might use?

You guys seem to be knowledgable all around as far as this stuff goes, maybe someone has heard of this place, and might know which test they use. And which one is it that Mass. now uses?  Thanks once more.

By the way, where has Ann been? Is there somewhere i can read why hiv doesnt affect only a single gland as Ann has stated in another post? Or if its a quick answer and someone knows rather than me researching it that would be great.

I know u guys heard this before but this should wrap up my questions all together now. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:02:57 pm by lilc »

Offline lilc

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2007, 06:19:43 pm »
Any comments anybody, on my last post?  Honestly these are my final questions. I am going on Andys advice and moving on but this info would help if anyone had answers. I will be gone if I get these answers I PROMISE.

Andy, Rapid, JK, please dont take these as worry questions, I'm just looking for the understanding and knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 06:35:16 pm by lilc »

Offline lilc

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2007, 08:42:47 pm »
Andy or any experts,

Any response on reply no. 67 frommy post?

I wont nag or bother u guys any more.

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:57 am »
lil,

Hiv is an infection of the immune system of the WHOLE body so if it causes lymph glands to swell, it tends to make many of the swell, not just a single isolated one.

You seem to be forgetting that you never had a risk to begin with. Not one person has EVER become infected through getting a blowjob and you will NOT be the first. Your 8.5 week negative result means you ARE hiv negative. You do NOT need further testing.

It's time you moved on with your life. Remember to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will remain hiv negative.

Ann
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 08:05:48 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lilc

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2007, 12:29:49 pm »
Ann, first of all its good to see you back. Hope everything is well.

Thank you for clearing those questions up. Did you have any info on the lab I used or what gen test it is that they may use? Have you ever heard of them?

Thanks again, and I am moving on, just curious if that lab is up to date as you guys are with the testing, etc.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2007, 12:35:29 pm »
lil,

It doesn't matter about the generation or lab. You are hiv negative. You didn't have a risk in the first place.

If you cannot let this go, please get yourself into counseling where you can learn how to get over your blowjob. We cannot do that for you here.

You are dangerously close to a time out. If you've bothered to read the Welcome thread, you will know about our time out policy:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

You are reliably hiv negative after a no risk event. It's time you got on with your life, no ands, ifs or buts about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lilc

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2007, 12:39:23 pm »
Thanks Ann, the only reason I was asking was for information, and so I know for future use if necessary. I just figured you guys or someone maybe heard of the place. Sorry if you took it as being related to my situation.

Thanks anyway, have a good day.

Offline lilc

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2007, 06:56:27 pm »
Ann, I know now I had a (theoretical) no risk, however I am still interested in info on this lab and their tests. I did some research myself and didnt find anything other than what is on their main page. If you know of another route of looking into this that I can try I would appreciate it.

This is kind of in reference to a response from Andy earlier, as far as the Mass. window, if it is the same test then if needed in the future I know it will be the same as that I guess.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:22 pm »
lil,

Gee, why don't you click on the "contact us" link on their website and contact them? They look like a pretty credible outfit to me.

As far as your obsession with the minutiae of testing information, if you use condoms for intercourse you won't have to worry about any of it. Just make sure you have your regular, routine sexual health care check up at least once a year. No window periods, no worries about generations or whatever.

You are using the excuse of "for future reference" to be allowed to continue posting here about your no risk event. I'm not falling for it. I'm giving you that time out I've promised you. Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned. Got it?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.