Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 340
Total: 342

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I beg you please!!!  (Read 15990 times)

Offline vetdentrongcuocdoi

I beg you please!!!
« on: August 30, 2007, 02:47:21 am »
Hello!!! Thank you so much for reading and helping me
I am from Viet Nam and i have a question, I hope you will so kind to answer it
About 7 weeks ago, I have a protected sex with a prositude. The condom was used correctly but the bad thing was happen like this. I forgot to take the condom off and there certainly had some vigarna fluid. After about 5 minutes,  . the outside of the condom was touch my wound, I had it about 10 hours ago because i scratched my skin (the skind is very slim) which was not bleeding but untill look red, there may be a very some plasma on it . And it make me anxious. i cannot do anything and continue my learing at university.
About 7 weeks later, i had a negative antibody test, and it make me feel beter. But i still worry
What about my chance to infected? Is is zero? Or what's  percent ?

Re: I beg you please!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 03:03:06 am »
More over, i have no symptom up to now (7 weeks)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:37:03 am »
vet,

You ARE hiv negative - you didn't have a risk in the first place. Condoms prevent hiv transmission. Getting some vaginal fluids on a cut afterwards will NOT result in hiv infection.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Keep using those condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 06:02:12 am »
Ann, Thank a lot for your help
I feel much better now. But i still confuse, because i have read many times that HIV can live for some minutes after expose. I do not know why did you say that HIV is only transmit inside? Why many doctor said that it can live for even hours due to the environment?you do not have to mobilize me. I only want to know the truth
And can you tell me how exactly the test is when it take about 7 weeks after expose? Certainly i will take a test at 12 weeks, but i want to know the truth,
Can you give me the frank answer?
Best wish for you!!!!!!
Your reply is very necessary to me

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:08:52 am »
where are you
I am so confuse and i really need your help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 07:13:42 am »
Go back and reread Ann's reply to you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:51:13 am »
Your anxiety is taking over and you're not listening to what Ann has told you. She has given you a reiable response. We're not interested in what you have heard from others or what some doctor may have told you.

Given what you described of the incident you were not at risk for HIV transmission. The really important thing is that you used a condom for intercourse. That's exactly what you are supposed to do. They provide excellent protection. The fact that it stayed on your penis for some minutes afterwards and touched your skin where you had a recent wound is totally irrelevant in terms of risk for HIV. (And you are of course assuming the woman you were with is HIV+ which you don't know for sure.)  HIV is a fragile virus which requires a very receptive setting to transmit. The outside of your used condom on a wound, bruise or whatever is NOT such a setting.

And by the way, whether you could see it or not, a wound such as you described already has a transparent covering which is a part of the way your skin begins to heal. So although it may appear to be an open wound to the eye, in actuality it has already developed the first protective covering that starts the healing process. 

You are worrying needlessly and there is no need for testing. Go ahead and test if you want to for your peace of mind. We certainly expect you to test negative.

We've given you solid and reliable information here. Whether you want to accept it or not is strictly up to you. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:55:29 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 11:48:26 am »
But have you ever seen any case which is negative at 7 weeks but positive at 12 weeks?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 11:56:53 am »
But have you ever seen any case which is negative at 7 weeks but positive at 12 weeks?

I don't know if there has ever been any case like that or not, but it wouldn't make a difference to you personally.

You are NEGATIVE based on what you describe above.  Ann already told you that & you are just letting yourself get freaked out.

You had a non-risk incident to begin with, so it doesn't really matter how many weeks out you test.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 12:02:35 pm »
But, but, BUT...!

You're not really listening to anything that's been said to you.

Take a breath and re-read what we've said. Just like Hunter said, you had no risk. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 12:08:51 am »
i donot know how to describe my thank to all of you. My life is so wonderful and i really don't want to lost it.
Now i know that i have no rick, nomatter she is positive or not, and nomatter how long was the semen expose to the air, and even my wound had no recover, I have no rick?
Am i right?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 12:14:25 am »
No rick whatsoever.

;)

AIDS isn't for sissies.

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 02:20:06 am »
I have a last question, May i enjoy my life and have unprotected sex with my girlfriend?
Do i have a last test at 12 weeks?
And it will be a terrible misstake if i forget to say thank you to all of you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 05:04:40 am »
vet,

You should only be having unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend if she has also tested negative for hiv and all the other STIs as well.

I'll say this to you again - read it this time!

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 05:17:22 am »
Thanh you so much, Mrs Ann and others , Now i know and i truth in my safe
I'll continue my learing and stop searching. I truth in you, in you experience. ;D

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 05:23:22 am »
Certainly my girlfriend is HIV negative, and i'll have unproteced sex with her this night, i really donot want to use condom. ;)

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 05:25:49 am »
if so, are there any rick for her? Because my statue is unknown?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 05:51:20 am »
vet,

If neither of you have ever tested for hiv and all the other STIs, the risk is to BOTH of you. You should use condoms unless you're SECURELY MONOGAMOUS and have tested together with that person.

Securely monogamous means you are in a committed relationship with each other. Neither of you can be sure of the sexual history of the other person. You need to use condoms with ANYONE until you have tested together and established that neither of you have hiv or other sexually transmitted infections.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 09:14:07 am »
I donot know what to belive, because too many answer to my question,
Are you expect? Have you ever seen anyone who is infected when expose semen outside the body for some minutes to their open wound?

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 09:22:52 am »
I really want to truth in you and stop searching, but there many diffrent opinion on this question, now i really want you to explance your answer, i know that you do not care what's other web say, but can you explain?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 09:31:27 am »
You had protected sex. You did not have a risk just because you left the condom on. It's time for you to move on.

I need your help
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 11:59:36 am »
Hello from VietNam, my closest friend had a trouble and he can not speak english. He is very worry now, here is his story
About 8 weeks ago, he drunk so much and went to the parlor. He was so stupid and had sex with the sex worker without condom.
i advised him to take the test at 7 weeks and the result was negative. My question is how accuracy the test was at 7 weeks? I know most person will develop antibody at about 4-6 weeks and can be detected by the  latest generation antibody test!!!! But i donot know how is the test in Viet Nam? I do not know how generation it is? He took the test at one of the most reliable in Viet Nam. If it was not as good as in your country, how long is is later? if yours is 6 weeks can be reliable, how many weeks will it be in Viet Nam?
Will he need other test at 12 weeks? or even more?

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 12:09:38 pm »
Can you please read my story again, i know that i am too garrulous. But forgive me, i am too fragile now. And when you finish reading, please show me the chance. It's low , very low or nope?

About 7 weeks ago,  I have a protected sex with a sex worker. The condom was used correctly but the bad thing was happen like this. I forgot to take the condom off and there certainly had some semen on the outside of the condom. After about 5-7minutes,  . the outside of the condom was touch my open wound, which was not bleeding but untill look red, there may be a very some plasma on it . And it make me anxious. i cannot do anything and continue my learing at university.
About 7 weeks later, i had a negative antibody test, how is the antibody test in Viet Nam? I took the test at one of the most reliable in Viet Nam, but i do not know what generation it was?. i still worry, do i need futher test at 3 mounth?. Please help me!! i do not what to do now. I swear this is my last question. No more, so please, i beg you!!!
What about my chance to infected? Is is zero? Or what's  percent

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: I need your help
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 12:34:27 pm »
Vet,

You need to keep all your questions and comments in your original thread in this forum- even if "asking for a friend".  It makes it easier and more effective for people to help you here.

thank you.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 12:43:04 pm »
there's no point in going over this again.  the answers won't change based on how many times you retell the story.   you've already had your questions from this experience answered above.   

if you are having anxiety issues as seriously as what you describe above, you need to seek some sort of professional counseling to help you deal with them.  we simply can't offer that to you over the internet- and that should be kind of apparent if you observe this thread.  people have already provided solid answers to calm your fears above, and it doesn't seem to have helped you. 

seriously- if your life is getting disrupted to that degree, seek face-to-face advice from a professonal.

take care.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 12:49:25 pm »
I've merged your threads. Keep all of your entries in this same thread.

Thanks for your cooperation with our rules.
Andy Velez

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 01:31:14 pm »
Yeah, i am so sorry for this
But i haven't got the answer for my question
My question is how accuracy the test was at 7 weeks? I know most person will develop antibody at about 4-6 weeks and can be detected by the  latest generation antibody test!!!! But i donot know how is the test in Viet Nam? I do not know how generation it is? He took the test at one of the most reliable in Viet Nam. If it was not as good as in your country, how long is is later? if yours is 6 weeks can be reliable, how many weeks will it be in Viet Nam?
Will he need other test at 12 weeks? or even more?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 02:35:57 pm »
vet,

The generation of test really only matters in the first few weeks. It's unlikely that your friend's seven week result will change, however he needs to test again at three months to be sure. At three months, ANY generation of test will be conclusive.

As for YOUR situation, you did NOT have a risk and you do NOT need further testing. YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will remain hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 02:27:23 am »
thank you so much, love you. I feel much better now. I am ready to begin reconstructing  my life.
Wish you best wishes!!!. God bless you!!!!!!! :) :) :)

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 06:15:45 am »
hello everyone!!!
My closest friend, who was at rick from unprotected sex has a negative duo test today!!!!  at 9 weeks after expose.
But i donot know what is the duo hiv test? is it a 4 generation of Elisa? You have said that antibody test is 100% accurate at 13 weeks, and how about duo test? can it 100% reliable at 9 weeks?
Thank for your help
God bless you

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:13 am »
And are there any kinds if Duo testing?

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 07:36:05 am »
And are VIDAS® HIV DUO, hiv duo, HIV DUO Ultra  the same?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 07:41:27 am »
Doi,

As we've told you only a three month test is conclusive, but your results will not change.

You do not have HIV.

And yes, the Duo tests are all 4th generation ELISA tests.

MtD

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 12:11:36 pm »
No, i know that i am negative, but i still ask for my friend, not for me
If he had a danger, and had 9 weeks negative by duo test, can you tell him will he negative at 13 weeks?
i know that we need 13 weeks to conlusive. The sience have said that many time, but i only want to know that in the real life, can he truth in this result and do you think that he has to test again?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »
He has to test again at 12/13 weeks post exposure to get his conclusive result.

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 02:11:26 am »
I have heard that the DUO test is the most sensitive test now and it can reduce the window period by 28 day!! is it right? And the 3rd generation can reduce the window period by 4-5 week?. Can you tell me is it true? If it is true,that my friend will not have to take another test because he had a negative DUO test at 9 weeks? please read this http://www.hivtesting.co.uk/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:24:21 am by vetdentrongcuocdoi »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 06:09:57 am »
vet,

A negative result at 28 days still must be confirmed at the three month point.

Sorry, but there are no short cuts when it comes to hiv diagnosis and there are no short cuts for ruling hiv out. That's just the way it is.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 12:04:32 pm »
Hello, it's me again.
My friend who I talked above was at risk at nearly 12 weeks ago. Today he has a negative results by Abbot Determine HIV 1/2 Rapid
He do not know about this kinds of testing and not very truth in the 82 days, do you think that
1: 82 days (nearly 12 weeks) is consider as 3 month and that's enough?
2: Abbot Determine HIV 1/2 Rapid can be truth? Do you think that he still need another testing?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 12:22:51 pm »
vet,

Two days is not going to make any difference. Your friend is conclusively hiv negative. The test he used is an approved, reliable test.

Your friend does NOT have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 03:53:30 am »
Hello
I am so confuse
Too many source show that my friend has to take another test at 6 month.
My god, i do not think that he can wait until 6 month, there 3 month left, and may be he is going to die for waiting,
Tell him, please, i think that you have many years of experience, have you ever seen anyone poz although they was negative at 12/13 weeks?. He is too poor now. He can not continue working and studying. Please give him some advise

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 04:07:46 am »
He has 2 negative result at 90 days. So it means that he has no antibody up to now
But what about 3 months later?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 06:29:42 am »
vet,

Your friend is conclusively hiv negative. If he's not well, he needs to see his doctor to find out what is going on. Whatever is causing his problem is NOT hiv. Hiv has been ruled out. He IS hiv negative.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.